Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 07:56:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2654 2655 2656 2657 2658 2659 2660 2661 2662 2663 2664 2665 2666 2667 2668 2669 2670 2671 2672 2673 2674 2675 2676 2677 2678 2679 2680 2681 2682 2683 2684 2685 2686 2687 2688 2689 2690 2691 2692 2693 2694 2695 2696 2697 2698 2699 2700 2701 2702 2703 [2704] 2705 2706 2707 2708 2709 2710 2711 2712 2713 2714 2715 2716 2717 2718 2719 2720 2721 2722 2723 2724 2725 2726 2727 2728 2729 2730 2731 2732 2733 2734 2735 2736 2737 2738 2739 2740 2741 2742 2743 2744 2745 2746 2747 2748 2749 2750 2751 2752 2753 2754 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722615 times)
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 06:44:23 AM

First of all, hello forum users,

I'm one of those unlucky DRK bagholders, when I bought some DRK's the price was x4 higher, maybe it's not that much, but almost all what I got, don't need to say how I feel right now.

I am seeing it right ? http://drk.poolhash.org/darksend.html
36 MN's less after this midnight, so it means 36 000 DRK's ready to sell ?

NO
a lot of people are still updating or have not even yet updates.
I have 2 (soon 3) MN's, but i was traveling and now i am too busy to update.
so hold on to you knickers, there will be more soon !
alganonim

Activity: 260
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 06:49:16 AM

I'm one of those unlucky DRK bagholders, when I bought some DRK's the price was x4 higher, maybe it's not that much, but almost all what I got, don't need to say how I feel right now.

NO

Ok, but how to explain this MNs count drop, right before price drop, it's a bit suspicious for me.
Sometimes I'm feeling like lying to myself.
Terzo

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 06:49:31 AM

DarkSend+ works fine . I dont see any problem.   Smiley
Maybe the new wallet will be more easy to use. Noobs just need to wait for the new wallet .
KryptoFoo

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 06:49:44 AM

Interesting article.  And they were kind enough to give DRK a backhanded shout out.

"It requires the active participation of nodes involved in the transaction. If that participation ceases due to malicious activity or even something benign like prolonged failed connectivity, the funds will be stuck in transit of the offline node until connectivity is regained and the node cooperates. The funds can’t be stolen, just stuck until the node cooperates. This is trust, like masternodes, and we don’t want it in our system. To avoid this very unlikely issue in PoSA wallets, it’s best to set posa=0 in your CloakCoin.conf file for the mean time and avoid sending PoSA transactions."

What is the situation with master nodes going offline? I thought Evan mentioned that there are failsafe mechanisms in place for this scenario?

tungfa
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 06:52:03 AM

[/quote]

What is the situation with master nodes going offline? I thought Evan mentioned that there are failsafe mechanisms in place for this scenario?

[/quote]

DUDE
do NOT mention/ and quote that "C" crap here
otherwise you end up on the ignore list like all the others
God Damm ....>

need glasses or what ?
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 06:53:00 AM

read this article bamsterdam .. i found it very informative. https://altcoinherald.com/bloodbath-alt-street/

Frankly, I should have seen that coming after reading.  Clearly,so many scams pulled the funds out of the system, and that's where we are.  On the one hand, I wish I had sold as the market was going down, so I could buy back and gain more coins, but frankly, at the time, I was too scared to.  However, I also am here to support the coin, so I'd kind of feel guilty if I were to bet against my coin, LOL.

Crypto currency is extremely volatile, and I think it's true that Ethereum is eating the liquidity up.  If I had funds, I suppose I would have bought some Ethereum, but there is something that I'm not comfortable with there.  I guess it's because Evan is a coding machine, a work-a-holic, and I'm not sure if those kids putting Ethereum together will have the staying power.  I really hope they do.  They're doing stuff I wanted to see Darkcoin do, and hopefully will do in the near future.  I suspect we'll beat them to it because they're still way behind us, and we have as large a team as they have now, even so we used to only have 2 developers, I believe we're up to 5 now.  And they're good.  So, yah, I hope Ethereum comes through for all the people that are investing.

As for us, we'll probably float low for a while.  We'll perfect DarkSend, we'll add other services, and when the other alt coins crumble in the natural survival of the fittest, Darkcoin will be a survivor, I have no doubt.  None of what is happening with the price is reflective of the quality of the work being produced.

I only wish I had money to invest, it's awful to look at this price and be broke!  LOL

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
KryptoFoo

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 06:53:51 AM

Friggin doggycoin worth more than darkcoin? The selling has become silly.
bigrcanada

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 06:54:06 AM

NO

I think it's a combination if several things,  tungfa,  some might be doing maintenance,  some might be just starting  to upgrade their MN's and yet others may be cashing out due to the current environment.   its my belief its reakly going to be a combination of all if the above... Master nodes are always in a fluid state some coming some going.  I know of several people  that are putting MN up including 5 for me... when i have a second to get to it.   Hope  that helps.

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
KryptoFoo

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 06:54:54 AM

[/quote]

DUDE
do NOT mention/ and quote that "C" crap here
otherwise you end up on the ignore list like all the others
God Damm ....>

need glasses or what ?
[/quote]

Whatever. Just looking for an answer because I do not think that article is accurate about darkcoin. Lighten up! What is wrong with folks around here?
bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 06:54:58 AM

Friggin doggycoin worth more than darkcoin? The selling has become silly.

lol yup... people are weird.   Wink

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
tungfa
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 06:55:38 AM

NO

Ok, but how to explain this MNs count drop, right before price drop, it's a bit suspicious for me.
Sometimes I'm feeling like lying to myself.

haha
you really think so,
come on ! think about it !
if you have some thousands of coins,
you just pull them out and drop them right away (when the price is so low)
ja right ! (how dumb do you have to be, and where are these sell walls then ??)
it is the bots fluxing with us, nothing else !
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 06:56:56 AM

There are, there are backup Masternodes, many layers, lots of redundancy.  Just because people write this stuff doesn't mean they know what they're talking about.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 06:58:00 AM

read this article bamsterdam .. i found it very informative. https://altcoinherald.com/bloodbath-alt-street/

Frankly, I should have seen that coming after reading.  Clearly,so many scams pulled the funds out of the system, and that's where we are.  On the one hand, I wish I had sold as the market was going down, so I could buy back and gain more coins, but frankly, at the time, I was to scared to.  However, I also am here to support the coin, so I'd kind of feel guilty if I were to bet against my coin, LOL.

Crypto currency is extremely volatile, and I think it's true that Ethereum is eating the liquidity up.  If I had funds, I suppose I would have bought some Ethereum, but there is something that I'm not comfortable with there.  I guess it's because Evan is a coding machine, a work-a-holic, and I'm not sure if those kids putting Ethereum together will have the staying power.  I really hope they do.  They're doing stuff I wanted to see Darkcoin do, and hopefully will do in the near future.  I suspect we'll beat them to it because they're still way behind us, and we have as large a team as they have now, even so we used to only have 2 developers, I believe we're up to 5 now.  And they're good.  So, yah, I hope Ethereum comes through for all the people that are investing.

As for us, we'll probably float low for a while.  We'll perfect DarkSend, we'll add other services, and when the other alt coins crumble in the natural survival of the fittest, Darkcoin will be a survivor, I have no doubt.  None of what is happening with the price is reflective of the quality of the work being produced.

I only wish I had money to invest, it's awful to look at this price and be broke!  LOL
I hear ya sister. Wink

tungfa
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 06:58:32 AM

NO

I think it's a combination if several things,  tungfa,  some might be doing maintenance,  some might be just starting  to upgrade their MN's and yet others may be cashing out due to the current environment.   its my belief its reakly going to be a combination of all if the above... Master nodes are always in a fluid state some coming some going.  I know of several people  that are putting MN up including 5 for me... when i have a second to get to it.   Hope  that helps.

Tx man
and i agree that it is several things
i am not conceded and tried to explain it to bigrcanada
nothing else
dotnetmin

Activity: 756

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 06:58:44 AM

BAD crypto community behaviour kills the last real crypto project ?

As i mentioned over the last weeks again and again that crypto community has the ugliest behaviour with their never stopping
scam, fud and p&d. Now it looks like crypto has done. No fresh money comes to these ugly markets.
Only the left over money changes from hand to hand until nothing is over.

Which coin should a cpu miner mine ? No one is left over !!! CPU miners have done, crypto has done.
Diff on DRK is as high as before the crash, only price is the half. Only cpu miners who have free
power can mine without lose money by mining.

I spend nearly one year with crypto as i thought it is something against the banksters, but crypto community is too stupid
and kills itself.

Crypto community is more greedy than Michal Douglas could ever be as an actor on wall street.

I won´t cash out my DRK. I hold them until they are worth nothing.

Evan, Thanks for your hard work but you spend the time to the wrong community. Crypto world is not worth to work for.
AizenSou

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 07:01:05 AM

As i mentioned over the last weeks again and again that crypto community has the ugliest behaviour with their never stopping
scam, fud and p&d. Now it looks like crypto has done. No fresh money comes to these ugly markets.

Which coin should a cpu miner mine ? No one is left over !!! CPU miners have done, crypto has done.
Diff on DRK is as high as before the crash, only price is the half. Only cpu miners who have free

I spend nearly one year with crypto as i thought it is something against the banksters, but crypto community is too stupid
and kills itself.

Crypto community is more greedy than Michal Douglas could ever be as an actor on wall street.

Evan, Thanks for your hard work but you spend the time to the wrong community. Crypto world is not worth to work for.

+1 same feeling here. But in the darkside I meet some nice people. Worth to continue the work Wink
KryptoFoo

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 07:02:30 AM

and kills itself.

Haha you have captured current market sentiment quite well. Always darkest before the dawn. These are hard days but sentiment will improve and hopefully folks not gonna fall for scamshit any longer... Flight to quality aka darkcoin
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 07:04:40 AM

Interesting article.  And they were kind enough to give DRK a backhanded shout out.

"It requires the active participation of nodes involved in the transaction. If that participation ceases due to malicious activity or even something benign like prolonged failed connectivity, the funds will be stuck in transit of the offline node until connectivity is regained and the node cooperates. The funds can’t be stolen, just stuck until the node cooperates. This is trust, like masternodes, and we don’t want it in our system. To avoid this very unlikely issue in PoSA wallets, it’s best to set posa=0 in your CloakCoin.conf file for the mean time and avoid sending PoSA transactions."

Ever since the mixing part and the transaction part were split, one is not really darksending money to another as it was in RC3 and prior. He's just sending anonymous / pre-mixed funds in a normal transaction (not masternode related). Thus the transaction will not have any issue related to masternode misbehavior as it is not being transacted by darksend / masternode.

For the pre-mixing stage (and if I understand it correctly):

a) A very large number of masternodes must be malicious so that the "if then else" failsafe loops back to problematic after problematic after problematic node - in order to create a significant delay... This would also require a very large number of DRKs to be spent to acquire all these nodes, as you can't just run a node without 1000 DRK for each. From a game theory perspective, it seems relatively sound that one won't be spending money to devalue the network and his money. But even that, is not really devaluing the network, as it's in ...premixing, not actual transactions. So time is not so much of the essence there.

b) Even if someone wanted to play bad, there is an additional penalty in the form of collateral, for misbehaving nodes. Misbehaving nodes would get hit by such a collateral fee and thus the attacker would run out of money. For RC4 it is disabled, IIRC because some legitimate nodes were being hit with it (it seems that misbehavior detection is a bit on the aggressive side).
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 07:04:44 AM

Not much more to see it

Just about to wrap it up.

http://imgur.com/kzA7ATr

thanks!

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
Dusty11

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 07:08:59 AM

I'm down about 3x on some of my drk and I'm dumping all the second I smell that it has no future or see any legit signs of fuckery. Doesn't look like thats even close to happening so I'll continue to buy.

In a couple of weeks people be saying why didn't I buy back then  Cry Cry Cry
Pages: « 1 ... 2654 2655 2656 2657 2658 2659 2660 2661 2662 2663 2664 2665 2666 2667 2668 2669 2670 2671 2672 2673 2674 2675 2676 2677 2678 2679 2680 2681 2682 2683 2684 2685 2686 2687 2688 2689 2690 2691 2692 2693 2694 2695 2696 2697 2698 2699 2700 2701 2702 2703 [2704] 2705 2706 2707 2708 2709 2710 2711 2712 2713 2714 2715 2716 2717 2718 2719 2720 2721 2722 2723 2724 2725 2726 2727 2728 2729 2730 2731 2732 2733 2734 2735 2736 2737 2738 2739 2740 2741 2742 2743 2744 2745 2746 2747 2748 2749 2750 2751 2752 2753 2754 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: