Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 04:08:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3660 3661 3662 3663 3664 3665 3666 3667 3668 3669 3670 3671 3672 3673 3674 3675 3676 3677 3678 3679 3680 3681 3682 3683 3684 3685 3686 3687 3688 3689 3690 3691 3692 3693 3694 3695 3696 3697 3698 3699 3700 3701 3702 3703 3704 3705 3706 3707 3708 3709 [3710] 3711 3712 3713 3714 3715 3716 3717 3718 3719 3720 3721 3722 3723 3724 3725 3726 3727 3728 3729 3730 3731 3732 3733 3734 3735 3736 3737 3738 3739 3740 3741 3742 3743 3744 3745 3746 3747 3748 3749 3750 3751 3752 3753 3754 3755 3756 3757 3758 3759 3760 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722550 times)
RenegadeMan

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 06:39:31 PM

I absolutely love Darkcoin and all the people that make up this community, but reading through all that's just happened to xxxgoodgirls and what stonehedge went through with the hack he suffered recently one would have to come to the conclusion that managing your locally stored Darkcoin is far from certain and assured. It's alarming to me that substantial amounts of value can be lost so easily and with such accompanying confusion that entraps even very experienced people.

Until the retention and securing of coins in wallets can be lifted up and out of this level of technical confusion and need for extreme (almost forensic) troubleshooting, Darkcoin is NOT going to be used by regular people. To read through pages and pages of someone battling to understand where their thousands of $ have gone and finally admitting defeat is terrible (so sorry for your loss xxx; l sure hope something gets resolved and you can retrieve your DRK somehow).

This really is an aspect of crypto that will prevent many people from getting involved (read: virtually everyone who is outside of these levels of technical ability which is 99.9%), We really need to spend a whole lot more time and effort on firming up wallet apps and infrastructure if Darkcoin is to be taken seriously as the potential to inexplicably lose all your DRK is very real.

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 06:40:11 PM

Got a reply from DirectBet in regards to questions asked by the DRK community. Will put it up tomorrow on CryptoArticles Smiley
+2 Smiley

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Lebubar
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 06:40:59 PM

Uhm I am not finding anything about how comodo's sandbox works.
I don't know if running a sandboxed .exe means it cannot modify anything on the hard disk in real time or it just modifies it but then gets its modifies reverted at its closesing (I guess the 1st option).
Anyway the whole blockchain and wallet.dat has been downloaded somewhere, for a while at least (temp folder or so).
If someone manages to find a way (if any) to recover the wallet .dat, I'll tip you those 5 exceding DRKs for the help.

C:\ProgramData\Shared Space is empty.
What you have here :
'C:/Program Data/Shared Space'. ?

EDIT :You can access the shared space folder in the following ways:
Clicking the 'Shared Space' shortcut on your computer desktop
Clicking 'Shared Space' button on the CIS interface
Opening 'Sandbox Tasks' from the Tasks interface then clicking 'Open Shared Space'
xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 06:42:31 PM

I don't know if running a sandboxed .exe means it cannot modify anything on the hard disk in real time or it just modifies it but then gets its modifies reverted at its closesing (I guess the 1st option).
Anyway the whole blockchain and wallet.dat has been downloaded somewhere, for a while at least (temp folder or so).
If someone manages to find a way (if any) to recover the wallet .dat, I'll tip you those 5 exceding DRKs for the help.

What you have here :

Opening 'Sandbox Tasks' from the Tasks interface then clicking 'Open Shared Space'

It is empty.

In summary, the Intel Management Engine and its applications are a backdoor with total access to and control over the rest of the PC. The ME is a threat to freedom, security, and privacy, and the libreboot project strongly recommends avoiding it entirely. Since recent versions of it can’t be removed, this means avoiding all recent generations of Intel hardware. details https://libreboot.org/faq.html#intelme --- https://tehnoetic.com/laptops --- https://store.vikings.net/x200-ryf-certfied
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 06:44:12 PM

What you have here :

It is empty.

/tmp (that is if such folder exist.. and if yr using Ubuntu and if you havent powered down yr pc)

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 06:45:29 PM

I absolutely love Darkcoin and all the people that make up this community, but reading through all that's just happened to xxxgoodgirls and what stonehedge went through with the hack he suffered recently one would have to come to the conclusion that managing your locally stored Darkcoin is far from certain and assured. It's alarming to me that substantial amounts of value can be lost so easily and with such accompanying confusion that entraps even very experienced people.

Until the retention and securing of coins in wallets can be lifted up and out of this level of technical confusion and need for extreme (almost forensic) troubleshooting, Darkcoin is NOT going to be used by regular people. To read through pages and pages of someone battling to understand where their thousands of $ have gone and finally admitting defeat is terrible (so sorry for your loss xxx; l sure hope something gets resolved and you can retrieve your DRK somehow).

This really is an aspect of crypto that will prevent many people from getting involved (read: virtually everyone who is outside of these levels of technical ability which is 99.9%), We really need to spend a whole lot more time and effort on firming up wallet apps and infrastructure if Darkcoin is to be taken seriously as the potential to inexplicably lose all your DRK is very real.

Nah, there are several ways to avoid getting fucked.
I have been dumb, it is all of my fault.
Anyway 2FA will be a killer.

In summary, the Intel Management Engine and its applications are a backdoor with total access to and control over the rest of the PC. The ME is a threat to freedom, security, and privacy, and the libreboot project strongly recommends avoiding it entirely. Since recent versions of it can’t be removed, this means avoiding all recent generations of Intel hardware. details https://libreboot.org/faq.html#intelme --- https://tehnoetic.com/laptops --- https://store.vikings.net/x200-ryf-certfied
Lebubar
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 06:47:08 PM

What you have here :

It is empty.
FAK!
Did you habe shared space button on the CIS interface?
xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 06:48:45 PM

What you have here :

It is empty.
FAK!

Yup, but it redirects me to  the empty folder. What about a utility recovery of temp files? Where has the blockchain been downloaded?

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 06:50:29 PM

What you have here :

It is empty.
FAK!

Yup, but it redirects me to  the empty folder. What about a utility recovery of temp files? Where has the blockchain been downloaded?
check for a folder named /tmp

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 06:51:25 PM

Nah, there are several ways to avoid getting fucked.
I have been dumb, it is all of my fault.
Anyway 2FA will be a killer.

Agreed.  I screwed up.  My loss.  Suck it up and move on.

2FA is going to be amazing...
Lebubar
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 06:53:04 PM

No tmp in windows..

BC is in same folder as wallet.dat.

Can you contact comodo to know how they work with a sandboxed application.
And where put the files generated by the sandboxed application.
If they put thwm in /dev/null of windows... You loose all..

Mmm a last dumb thinking : did you check trash?
And maybe search for a hd recovery tools..
xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 06:54:00 PM

No tmp in windows..

Yeah I am gonna do that, thank you everyone for the efforts, you guys are awesome.

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 06:56:33 PM

No tmp in windows..

Yeah I am gonna do that, thank you everyone for the efforts, you guys are awesome.

if yr using windows check here for temp files :

C:\Users\YRUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp
C:\Windows\Temp

i got the impression you were running Ubuntu so that why i mentioned the  /tmp folder earlier.

thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 06:59:41 PM

I think you're being a bit pessimistic, but what I would like to see is automatic periodic backup to a second location of the wallet.dat, and a big popup on initial startup of a new wallet (or creation of a new address) encouraging the user to click a button to print out their privkey(s) - with "KEEP THESE PRIVATE AND SAFE!" at the top of the page and instructions on how to import them.

YourMother
Legendary

Activity: 1281
Merit: 1046

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2014, 07:00:54 PM

"'Shared Space' is a dedicated area on your local drive that sandboxed applications are permitted to write to and which can also be accessed by non-sandboxed applications (hence the term 'Shared Space'). For example, any files or programs you download via a sandboxed browser that you wish to be able to access from your real system should be downloaded to the shared space. This folder is also used by the Virtual Kiosk and is located by default at 'C:/Program Data/Shared Space'.

You can access the shared space folder in the following ways:

By default, sandboxed applications can access folders and files on your 'real' system but cannot save any changes to them. However, you can define exceptions to this rule by using the 'Do not virtualize access to...' links."

_________

Now, if the files were indeed saved to that "shared space" folder, then you should start a file recovery application yesterday. The more you wait, the more files are being written randomly on your C partition, thus diminishing your chances of recovery greatly.

If you are using a TRIM-enabled SSD, then i'm truly sorry. Your data is unrecoverable.

The absolute worst people in history, ranked by the wisdom of the crowd: "Vlad the Impaler", "Mihnea the Evil", "Ivan the Terrible" and "Evan the Instaminer".
Artoodeetoo

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 07:02:40 PM

What happened to stone hedge?

DASH #DashDC #DashIntoDigitalCash
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2014, 07:06:38 PM

The link will be posted here once the interview has been published, no worries Smiley
xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 07:08:56 PM

"'Shared Space' is a dedicated area on your local drive that sandboxed applications are permitted to write to and which can also be accessed by non-sandboxed applications (hence the term 'Shared Space'). For example, any files or programs you download via a sandboxed browser that you wish to be able to access from your real system should be downloaded to the shared space. This folder is also used by the Virtual Kiosk and is located by default at 'C:/Program Data/Shared Space'.

By default, sandboxed applications can access folders and files on your 'real' system but cannot save any changes to them. However, you can define exceptions to this rule by using the 'Do not virtualize access to...' links."

_________

Now, if the files were indeed saved to that "shared space" folder, then you should start a file recovery application yesterday. The more you wait, the more files are being written randomly on your C partition, thus diminishing your chances of recovery greatly.

If you are using a TRIM-enabled SSD, then i'm truly sorry. Your data is unrecoverable.

Do you know any good file recover application? I guess I can try to run it on the open 'shared space'.
Qwizzie I am on the fucking Windows 8. Cheesy

xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 07:10:07 PM

FUCK YEAH

C:\VTRoot\HarddiskVolume3\Users\XXXX\AppData\Roaming\DarkCoin

SO HAPPYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 07:10:26 PM

_________

Do you know any good file recover application? I guess I can try to run it on the open 'shared space'.
Qwizzie I am on the fucking Windows 8. Cheesy

old link but maybe it helps :

http://forums.comodo.com/feedbackcommentsannouncementsnews/where_are_stored_comodo_log_files_and_temp_files-t2968.0.html

Pages: « 1 ... 3660 3661 3662 3663 3664 3665 3666 3667 3668 3669 3670 3671 3672 3673 3674 3675 3676 3677 3678 3679 3680 3681 3682 3683 3684 3685 3686 3687 3688 3689 3690 3691 3692 3693 3694 3695 3696 3697 3698 3699 3700 3701 3702 3703 3704 3705 3706 3707 3708 3709 [3710] 3711 3712 3713 3714 3715 3716 3717 3718 3719 3720 3721 3722 3723 3724 3725 3726 3727 3728 3729 3730 3731 3732 3733 3734 3735 3736 3737 3738 3739 3740 3741 3742 3743 3744 3745 3746 3747 3748 3749 3750 3751 3752 3753 3754 3755 3756 3757 3758 3759 3760 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: