Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 03:04:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 [180] 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661421 times)
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 01:33:20 PM

In addition to having bounties, what about a NEM lottery and a NEM scholarship?

Here are two ideas for the NEM marketing department:

Reclaim one of the refunded stakes and use it for a giveaway.
The purpose of the NEM lottery is to attract new users to NEM and will last for 1 year.
For all who join our NEM Facebook page, they will be entered into a lottery. Each week 25,000 NEM will be given away.
1.3M/25K = 52 contests.

Reclaim one of the refunded stakes and use it to start a scholarship. Later, donations would help sustain it.
We could give out several scholarships a year. 1.3 million NEM would provide a new scholarship of about 10,000 NEM
each month for the next 10 years. The applications or essays can be judged once voting is implemented.

+1

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
corjette

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:20:54 PM

The purpose of the NEM lottery is to attract new users to NEM and will last for 1 year.
For all who join our NEM Facebook page, they will be entered into a lottery. Each week 25,000 NEM will be given away.
1.3M/25K = 52 contests.

Reclaim one of the refunded stakes and use it to start a scholarship. Later, donations would help sustain it.
We could give out several scholarships a year. 1.3 million NEM would provide a new scholarship of about 10,000 NEM
each month for the next 10 years. The applications or essays can be judged once voting is implemented.

+1
corjette

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:27:04 PM

ashapasa

A member called j23a in bitcointalk has a great idea. A recent scamcoin called stack coin stole 69 btc from a lot of people.

He wants to know if its possible to give them 1 stake. 1 stake divided by the total number of victims. I asked him to pm his idea to UP. one stake is not a lot and it would be a very classy gesture by our community. what do you guys think?
griffinriz

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:33:37 PM

ashapasa

A member called j23a in bitcointalk has a great idea. A recent scamcoin called stack coin stole 69 btc from a lot of people.

He wants to know if its possible to give them 1 stake. 1 stake divided by the total number of victims. I asked him to pm his idea to UP. one stake is not a lot and it would be a very classy gesture by our community. what do you guys think?

i think its a good idea,i support it.they should have invested in NEM instead of Stack crap.
ashapasa

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:35:03 PM

ashapasa

I think this was a while ago, j23a decided not to do it and gave his reasons for it. Would have been nice if we could have done it back then, its now a bit late I think.
corjette

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:36:11 PM

I great way to help are little one's , that really could use are help

http://www.feedone.com/

http://www.breakfastclubcanada.org/?region=ALL

We all could do this right NOW  Wink
utopianfuture (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:45:47 PM

ashapasa

Can someone make a list of people ? or make something like this http://www.humint.is/goxcoin

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ashapasa

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:46:14 PM

you seem like a kindhearted person  Smiley. We need guys like you in NEM. I think we can only do charity once we have a functional currency. For now best we can do is spread awareness of NEM and think of ideas to make NEM a viable form of currency.
utopianfuture (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:56:42 PM

you seem like a kindhearted person  Smiley. We need guys like you in NEM. I think we can only do charity once we have a functional currency. For now best we can do is spread awareness of NEM and think of ideas to make NEM a viable form of currency.

I have a plan for charity (could be fun) when we make the development contract announcement. So start to think of your best charity.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
cryptonikus

Activity: 595
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 03:08:23 PM

I like all ideas above, this board is finnally turning into what it should be.  Cool

▄███████████████▄
       ▄██▀             ▀██▄
    ▄▄██▀                 ▀██▄▄
█████▀▀       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▀█████
██          ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▀█▄▄      ██
▐█▌       ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀███   ▐█▌
 ██      ▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀   ██
 ▐█▌    █▄▀▄▀▄█▀▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄▀█   ▐█▌
  ██    █▄▀▄▀▄▄█▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄▀▄▀█   ██
  ▐█▌ ▀▄█████▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀█  ▐█▌
   ██▌▀████▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▀ ▐██
    ██▌▀█▀▀█▄▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▀▄█▄▄█▀ ▐██
     ██▌ ▀  ▀███▄▄▄█████▀  ▐██
      ██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀      ▄██
       ▀██▄             ▄██▀
         ▀██▄         ▄██▀
           ▀██▄     ▄██▀
             ▀███▄███▀
               ▀███▀
.DeepOnion.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★  .❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!.
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
★  Your Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Your Assets Secured by TOR
★  Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
|                        ▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀
                    ▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
                  ▄██▄█▄██▀
                ▄██████▀
              ▄██████▀
  ▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
 ▀█████  ▄███████
  ████████████▀██
  ██▀███████▀  ██
  ██ ▀████▀    ██
  ██   ▀▀      ██
  ▀█████████████▀
j23a

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 03:16:31 PM

ashapasa

I think this was a while ago, j23a decided not to do it and gave his reasons for it. Would have been nice if we could have done it back then, its now a bit late I think.

I remember. They were already being taken care of by people putting in a lot of work, so I felt it would be better if we thought of something else if we were going to give a stake away. Else it would be seen like Nem is trying to latch on to the idea of someone else.

I recently lost a lot of money and it was devastating, but then I saw a paralyzed guy, and also this girl who died of cancer https://www.facebook.com/teamlaney7, and thought that losing a Bitcoin or two is not the worst thing in the world, and a well lesson learned for the people who invested. I really wish I could have my money back, but to these people my problem with seem insignificant compared to never being able to walk again, or have their daughter back.

TBTSX4-NKRX55-HF2ECG-SHPBG3-XIDD2Y-QDRI3N-P2O6
Smokeymar

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 03:50:54 PM
Last edit: March 11, 2014, 04:09:51 PM by Smokeymar

Look, I feel bad for the people that were scammed.  But, at one point or another most people in the community have lost BTC to a scam, bad loan, bad investment, or whatever. I think it's a bad idea to set a precedent of bailing out everyone that's been scammed or lost BTC.  The lesson learned is that you should be more careful and only invest an amount that you can afford to lose and move on.  Yes, I've been scammed before and I didn't ask anyone to bail me out.  A bail out is just taking money out of one pocket and giving it to another.  The net is the same.  Basically, you are asking for all of the NEM stakeholders to pay for the Stackcoin fraud.  Think about it.  Charity should go to cure people with disabilities and fatal illnesses.

I read it wrong.  Someone is asking for 1 stake for the entire group of victims.  I thought he meant one stake for every victim. I still stand by my statement.
sparta_cuss

Activity: 386

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 04:02:18 PM

Look, I feel bad for the people that were scammed.  But, at one point or another most people in the community have lost BTC to a scam, bad loan, bad investment, or whatever. I think it's a bad idea to set a precedent of bailing out everyone that's been scammed or lost BTC.  The lesson learned is that you should be more careful and only invest an amount that you can afford to lose and move on.  Yes, I've been scammed before and I didn't ask anyone to bail me out.  A bail out is just taking money out of one pocket and giving it to another.  The net is the same.  Basically, you are asking for all of the NEM stakeholders to pay for the Stackcoin fraud.  This is almost as scummy as committing the fraud itself.  Think about it.

+1
Speaking as someone who had ~$7000 worth of NXT stolen via NRS malware, I agree. Cryptocurrencies are the Wild West right now, and if we spend our time saving or compensating everyone who has been defrauded, there will be little left for the original investors and developers. 

"We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us." - E.M. Forster
NXT: NXT-Z24T-YU6D-688W-EARDT
BTC: 19ULeXarogu2rT4dhJN9vhztaorqDC3U7s
bitmadaboutcoin

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 04:36:08 PM

any one here who thinks nxt isnt user friendly or wants to test the asset exchange go to http://nxtra.org/nxt-client/

to get testnxt ask for some on the nxt main thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=345619.44840;topicseen

i think you will be shocked by the ease of use and slickness! Cheesy

enjoy
Mesutalkali

Activity: 40

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 05:13:57 PM

While it's a good news that things are progressing, I'm a little disappointed as I thought it will be launched in april and not just alpha-released  Undecided

Everything has to be tested and verified. When dealing with financial instruments there is no room for error.

It is so amazing to see the progress and all the good ideas on NEM!  Smiley
cryptonikus

Activity: 595
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 05:36:02 PM

for list of Stackcoin victims contact RSC dev Mycrion.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=491255.0

it would make story, that would be picked up by crypto-media rather easily.

▄███████████████▄
       ▄██▀             ▀██▄
    ▄▄██▀                 ▀██▄▄
█████▀▀       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▀█████
██          ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▀█▄▄      ██
▐█▌       ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀███   ▐█▌
 ██      ▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀   ██
 ▐█▌    █▄▀▄▀▄█▀▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄▀█   ▐█▌
  ██    █▄▀▄▀▄▄█▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄▀▄▀█   ██
  ▐█▌ ▀▄█████▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀█  ▐█▌
   ██▌▀████▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▀ ▐██
    ██▌▀█▀▀█▄▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▀▄█▄▄█▀ ▐██
     ██▌ ▀  ▀███▄▄▄█████▀  ▐██
      ██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀      ▄██
       ▀██▄             ▄██▀
         ▀██▄         ▄██▀
           ▀██▄     ▄██▀
             ▀███▄███▀
               ▀███▀
.DeepOnion.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★  .❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!.
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
★  Your Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Your Assets Secured by TOR
★  Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
|                        ▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀
                    ▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
                  ▄██▄█▄██▀
                ▄██████▀
              ▄██████▀
  ▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
 ▀█████  ▄███████
  ████████████▀██
  ██▀███████▀  ██
  ██ ▀████▀    ██
  ██   ▀▀      ██
  ▀█████████████▀
Thingamajig

Activity: 497
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 06:22:35 PM

There's a number of reasons why i don't support "helping" stackcoin:

1. They bought it upon themselves investing in a coin that had little changes or merits from the typical clone - it stank of scam

2. The entire fiasco has blown over. To my knowledge, a coin was created specifically to help compensate the victims. By getting NEM involved it's not exactly going to help

By getting involved, it's not going to see the publicity you think it will. People have moved on - another scam coin for the pile.
patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 06:26:22 PM

There's a number of reasons why i don't support "helping" stackcoin:

1. They bought it upon themselves investing in a coin that had little changes or merits from the typical clone - it stank of scam

2. The entire fiasco has blown over. To my knowledge, a coin was created specifically to help compensate the victims. By getting NEM involved it's not exactly going to help

By getting involved, it's not going to see the publicity you think it will. People have moved on - another scam coin for the pile.

The idea has been discarded already anyway.

patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 06:27:40 PM

Announcement

We are forming NEM logo+branding resource committee of five people (or seven if there are a lot of qualified people wanting to join). Our job will be narrowing down the NEM logo, branding resources to a reasonable selection so that a final vote can be made by the community. We will also be actively seeking for best designers and ask them to submit their works for NEM logo+ branding resource selection.   

Two initial members of the committee are UtopianFuture and patmast3r and we are asking you to join in the committee if you feel you have eyes for a good logo and NEM branding resources and want to contribute. Send a pm to me or patmast3r if you are interested in joining. Being in the committee does not exclude your works to be considered for NEM logo.

We will announce all members of the committee later on and we will work by consensus to bring a final selection of NEM logo to the community for a vote before our official launch.

Merely pointing this out again.

We already have 5 people which means 2 spots are left. People with taste are pefered xD

The committee is now staffed. Names to be announced soon !
Thanks everyone.

crackerhead

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

My Head is a Ritz

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 06:52:26 PM

1.3M/25K = 52 contests.

+1

I'll have a crowdfunding site up soon, that is a great idea and I look forward to seeing a campaign for it. It doesn't have to rely on refunded stakes, if those stakes are added to the big pool of NEM, then it just means each of us will receive a few more NEM, and you can contribute that NEM to this campaign.

NEM.io         blog.NEM.io        r/ourNEM
Pages: « 1 ... 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 [180] 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: