Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:22:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 [165] 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661421 times)
Xpedite

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

DRAMA: Dumb Retards Asking More Attention

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 07:30:05 AM
Last edit: March 04, 2014, 07:46:20 AM by Xpedite

The situation is the following: because of the omnipresence nature of transnationals (e.g. Monsanto); many third world countries are more or less obliged to use seeds provided by this companies. Many of them are GMO. Sometimes even, to find 'natural' or 'biological' seeds is very difficult, as I can learn for some friends having a farm in Bolivia. They need to travel to Europe to find, good seeds that can add more value to the final product. Then, we can have some analogy of SilkRow but for seeds instead of illicit drugs, using NEM as the 'official' currency. So, farmers can go to this market and obtain seeds from other in the world trading them in NEMs At the beginning, this site would be needed, but with stabilization; we can rely on decentralized asset exchange.

Shocked This is the kind of information we need!
With our community we can easily make something like that happen. (There are lots of active NEMsters in Europe!)
The most important thing IMO is to make sure we have something in place when NEM launches. If we look at the succes of aurora (and we all know it's a bubble, but that's not the point), it's obvious what we have to achieve.
If we can arrange for conbos' friends to be able to buy good seeds through NEM this could be a major marketing boost.

I will take this to the official forum/trello , this can become something huge  Grin  
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 07:51:11 AM

With the sudden success of Aurora (even it if is a bubble), it is apparent that crypto needs to have an impact in the physical world.

From this, one idea is to donate NEM to start a cooperative village where people use NEM in their daily lives. This should be a remote area that is self-sufficient. Even if there is not internet access, we might be able to set up satellite internet infrastructure. I think that would be an amazing demonstration of how crypto could be used anywhere for secure, decentralized transfer of money.

Another thing to keep in mind is that we wouldn't want to interfere with the local culture of the area. I envision setting up some NEM access points (places with internet) and then people can go use those, with minimal interference into their language and culture.

The question is, where could we do such a thing? It should take a lot of time and dedication from people working locally in an area.

Some ideas are:

1) Bhutan. I think I have seen users from Bhutan on bitcointalk. We could set up solar satellite internet access in some remote village and have everyone in the village conduct transactions in NEM using iPads or something similar. There are some villages that are quite a few days walking from any large city and people are mostly self-sufficient. We would need to have someone local there to run things.

2) Japan. With so many people moving to big cities, there are places in the countryside that are extremely secluded and people grow their own food and make a lot of things themselves. Even in the countryside, though, there is ample electricity and cellular infrastructure, so people would be able to access a P2P network. Also, the government here does not consider crypto to be money and it is currently not regulated.

3) Ukraine. I know people that I definitely trust in western Ukraine near Poland (Lviv). There are some small villages in the Carpathian mountains that are fairly secluded from outside influence. The people I know in Lviv would probably be willing to help or maybe run this full time for us if we provided the resources.

These are some ideas, but as a community, it would be great if people could come up with ideas on how to establish a NEM co-operative. If done right, NEM could make all the major news networks and generate some great publicity. The more important thing, though, would be that we could help real people improve their lives, while respecting their culture (for example, people in a remote village could sell goods online using NEM).

Hi
Totally agree... There is indeed some ideas posted previously about use NEM as a FairTrade currency. If small communities/cooperatives want to sell their products; they can use NEM as a non-centralize currency to target directly consumers leaving out retailers and intermediates that profit with the speculation. What I think about that?, it is a good idea but to develop it requires to have more steps done in the implementation of the code. Also, it will be necessary to stabilize the currency a little bit, to impinge confidence in the merchants. That things require time...
What it can be a faster starting point for this idea is to create a market of seeds. The situation is the following: because of the omnipresence nature of transnationals (e.g. Monsanto); many third world countries are more or less obliged to use seeds provided by this companies. Many of them are GMO. Sometimes even, to find 'natural' or 'biological' seeds is very difficult, as I can learn for some friends having a farm in Bolivia. They need to travel to Europe to find, good seeds that can add more value to the final product. Then, we can have some analogy of SilkRow but for seeds instead of illicit drugs, using NEM as the 'official' currency. So, farmers can go to this market and obtain seeds from other in the world trading them in NEMs At the beginning, this site would be needed, but with stabilization; we can rely on decentralized asset exchange.
But, as makoto correctly points (I'm glad that a dev as a clear picture of the status of the cryptocurrency, give me confidence in the future :-)); we definitively need to orient our effort into find a value for NEM beyond the speculation market in which all cryptocurrencies are in this moment. This is what is going to make the difference between a New Economy Movement and coin.

The seed market is a brilliant idea! Seeds are also fairly easy to ship, compared with other goods that easily break. I don't know anything about farming, so if anyone knows anything specific, please post it here or the trello board.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
Fastpow

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 07:55:56 AM

With the sudden success of Aurora (even it if is a bubble), it is apparent that crypto needs to have an impact in the physical world.

From this, one idea is to donate NEM to start a cooperative village where people use NEM in their daily lives. This should be a remote area that is self-sufficient. Even if there is not internet access, we might be able to set up satellite internet infrastructure. I think that would be an amazing demonstration of how crypto could be used anywhere for secure, decentralized transfer of money.

Another thing to keep in mind is that we wouldn't want to interfere with the local culture of the area. I envision setting up some NEM access points (places with internet) and then people can go use those, with minimal interference into their language and culture.

The question is, where could we do such a thing? It should take a lot of time and dedication from people working locally in an area.

Some ideas are:

1) Bhutan. I think I have seen users from Bhutan on bitcointalk. We could set up solar satellite internet access in some remote village and have everyone in the village conduct transactions in NEM using iPads or something similar. There are some villages that are quite a few days walking from any large city and people are mostly self-sufficient. We would need to have someone local there to run things.

2) Japan. With so many people moving to big cities, there are places in the countryside that are extremely secluded and people grow their own food and make a lot of things themselves. Even in the countryside, though, there is ample electricity and cellular infrastructure, so people would be able to access a P2P network. Also, the government here does not consider crypto to be money and it is currently not regulated.

3) Ukraine. I know people that I definitely trust in western Ukraine near Poland (Lviv). There are some small villages in the Carpathian mountains that are fairly secluded from outside influence. The people I know in Lviv would probably be willing to help or maybe run this full time for us if we provided the resources.

These are some ideas, but as a community, it would be great if people could come up with ideas on how to establish a NEM co-operative. If done right, NEM could make all the major news networks and generate some great publicity. The more important thing, though, would be that we could help real people improve their lives, while respecting their culture (for example, people in a remote village could sell goods online using NEM).

Hi
Totally agree... There is indeed some ideas posted previously about use NEM as a FairTrade currency. If small communities/cooperatives want to sell their products; they can use NEM as a non-centralize currency to target directly consumers leaving out retailers and intermediates that profit with the speculation. What I think about that?, it is a good idea but to develop it requires to have more steps done in the implementation of the code. Also, it will be necessary to stabilize the currency a little bit, to impinge confidence in the merchants. That things require time...
What it can be a faster starting point for this idea is to create a market of seeds. The situation is the following: because of the omnipresence nature of transnationals (e.g. Monsanto); many third world countries are more or less obliged to use seeds provided by this companies. Many of them are GMO. Sometimes even, to find 'natural' or 'biological' seeds is very difficult, as I can learn for some friends having a farm in Bolivia. They need to travel to Europe to find, good seeds that can add more value to the final product. Then, we can have some analogy of SilkRow but for seeds instead of illicit drugs, using NEM as the 'official' currency. So, farmers can go to this market and obtain seeds from other in the world trading them in NEMs At the beginning, this site would be needed, but with stabilization; we can rely on decentralized asset exchange.
But, as makoto correctly points (I'm glad that a dev as a clear picture of the status of the cryptocurrency, give me confidence in the future :-)); we definitively need to orient our effort into find a value for NEM beyond the speculation market in which all cryptocurrencies are in this moment. This is what is going to make the difference between a New Economy Movement and coin.

The seed market is a brilliant idea! Seeds are also fairly easy to ship, compared with other goods that easily break. I don't know anything about farming, so if anyone knows anything specific, please post it here or the trello board.

I'm having a meeting today about developping a cryptocurrency marketplace, i'd be more than happy to suggest implenting NEM as the main currency there. That is if we have enough support ofc.
ashapasa

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 08:03:08 AM

Some ideas are:

Mokoto I guess u are referring to me Smiley . Ok I like your idea, I thought about it and it looks very hard to implement. I have asked my friend (Tsel_bt) who works for the Ministry of trade and industry to see if something like this could be done. He is in-charge of setting small cottage industries in villages like the ones you mentioned.

First of all, almost all farmers in Bhutan are illiterate or only semi-literate, ipads are sadly a luxury for most folks in Bhutan,they cannot afford it. The currency is highly regulated by the central bank and any alternative payment system must be approved by them. Lastly it would be an almost impossible transition for people who have never used the internet to overnight shift to using cryptocurrency as a payment mechanism.

That said, its still a good idea, I will get in contact with friends in the RMA( central bank) to see if it would be allowed. If we can get their approval we can proceed further.
botija

Activity: 374

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 08:45:35 AM

Some ideas are:

Hi

Sounds like a great idea. Lets do it.
erkki12

Activity: 165
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 09:36:21 AM

Great discussions going on in here! I think NEM can become a huge success, and even challenge bitcoin. Here is where I base my argument on and what should be done in order to do so in my opinion:

When you think about how bitcoin moved to the position it is today I'd say it moved through 3 phases:

1. It brought a new technological innovation which allowed it to gain attention in the tech-circles (later to be the crypto-circles).

2. It gained public attention via media (silkroad, news, shops starting to accept it, etc. Basically it became existing in relation to the "real-world")

3. It has begun building an real ecosystem around it, which include payment apps, internet exchanges, bitcoin withdraw and deposit ATM's, bitcoin payment systems to shops (just like credit cards), salary payments in bitcoins available now, etc. Basically it is not only just in relation to the "real-world", but it has become a part of the "real-world" and its economy.

Now when moving a cryptocurrency to the public I think NEM has beat the first challenge which is to make it known in the cryto-world. In addition to this NEM has gathered a large community even before the coin launch.

The second phase challenge will be to make it known to people outside the crypto world. This is what Auroracoin has managed to do by distributing to Icelandic people and dogecoin by charity and great PR. But those two coins don't have anything technologically new, but instead NEM has advanced technology compared to bitcoin. Nevertheless the technology is not solely enough to make NEM known to the greater public (which is a must if we want NEM to success).

So we are now in the second phase and we must figure out ways to get NEM to be recognized in the greater public. This is where for example the village project in Bhutan would be a killer. We need something unique and never seen before in the crypto-scene so that we can make NEM stand out. I think that unfortunately a basic charity campaign is just not enough, but we need a real mind-blower here. So keep the second-lifes and villages-using-NEM -ideas coming because those are the ideas that we need right now!
Fatih87SK

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 09:46:56 AM

New Economy Movement.

Our movement can also be the most innovative movement. To create a bridge between the mass and the technology.
We could create simple software that EVERYONE could use to pay with cryptocurrency.

We could tell everyone what cryptocurrencies are about.

We should claim that position and create new ideas all the time.

erkki12

Activity: 165
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 09:51:57 AM

New Economy Movement.

Our movement can also be the most innovative movement. To create a bridge between the mass and the technology.
We could create simple software that EVERYONE could use to pay with cryptocurrency.

I was just talking with my friend the other day who runs a company in real life and he was telling me that he'd love to accept cryptos in his business, but he hasn't seen a easy-to-use payment program available. If we could create a program that would easily allow payments with NEM in shops/companies we would be a light year ahead of all the other alt-cryptos!
Fatih87SK

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 10:01:26 AM

New Economy Movement.

I was just talking with my friend the other day who runs a company in real life and he was telling me that he'd love to accept cryptos in his business, but he hasn't seen a easy-to-use payment program available. If we could create a program that would easily allow payments with NEM in shops/companies we would be a light year ahead of all the other alt-cryptos!

+1000

The crypto world has already proven himself. WE need to make the next step and that is market adoption!

While others are fighting which coin is better. We can strike hard =)

This could be a vision of ours  Wink

Seedeer

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 10:22:24 AM

"simple software for everyone" is better than "Aurora for every Icelander"  Smiley
freigeist

Activity: 1107
Merit: 534

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 10:27:00 AM

"simple software for everyone" is better than "Aurora for every Islander"  Smiley

+1

Software that could add value to NEM because can be used with NEM and related to real life
problems issues.
Building useful services around NEM and on top of NEM and
widespread distribution of the coin(platform) will guarantee its success.

Sergey_A

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 10:57:16 AM

Great discussions going on in here! I think NEM can become a huge success, and even challenge bitcoin. Here is where I base my argument on and what should be done in order to do so in my opinion:

When you think about how bitcoin moved to the position it is today I'd say it moved through 3 phases:

1. It brought a new technological innovation which allowed it to gain attention in the tech-circles (later to be the crypto-circles).

2. It gained public attention via media (silkroad, news, shops starting to accept it, etc. Basically it became existing in relation to the "real-world")

3. It has begun building an real ecosystem around it, which include payment apps, internet exchanges, bitcoin withdraw and deposit ATM's, bitcoin payment systems to shops (just like credit cards), salary payments in bitcoins available now, etc. Basically it is not only just in relation to the "real-world", but it has become a part of the "real-world" and its economy.

Now when moving a cryptocurrency to the public I think NEM has beat the first challenge which is to make it known in the cryto-world. In addition to this NEM has gathered a large community even before the coin launch.

The second phase challenge will be to make it known to people outside the crypto world. This is what Auroracoin has managed to do by distributing to Icelandic people and dogecoin by charity and great PR. But those two coins don't have anything technologically new, but instead NEM has advanced technology compared to bitcoin. Nevertheless the technology is not solely enough to make NEM known to the greater public (which is a must if we want NEM to success).

So we are now in the second phase and we must figure out ways to get NEM to be recognized in the greater public. This is where for example the village project in Bhutan would be a killer. We need something unique and never seen before in the crypto-scene so that we can make NEM stand out. I think that unfortunately a basic charity campaign is just not enough, but we need a real mind-blower here. So keep the second-lifes and villages-using-NEM -ideas coming because those are the ideas that we need right now!

Good thoughts. +1
Parana

Activity: 378

Step into a world!! A P2P world!

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 11:06:48 AM

Now, Cryptsy accepts NXT as a market!!

Grin

ashapasa

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 11:50:10 AM

makes our way to the public easier Smiley . I wish nxt success.
KingCole

Activity: 348

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 11:53:49 AM

"simple software for everyone" is better than "Aurora for every Islander"  Smiley

+1

Software that could add value to NEM because can be used with NEM and related to real life
problems issues.
Building useful services around NEM and on top of NEM and
widespread distribution of the coin(platform) will guarantee its success.

I think it was on an episode of Let's Talk Bitcoin that were talking about the impact of feture phones, think old Nokia handsets running a very early version of Symbian. I also think they were talking about Venezulan fisherman using their new feature phones to call the shore to organise getting the fish to market and how this had had a dramatic impact on their lives because it saved time and brought in more money. The next step discussed was if you could actually trade at sea on your way back to shore, landing at the closest port where the fish you had caught had alreay been paid for. An SMS gateway for NEM that would offer something like the M-Pesa in Kenya and wouldn't require hi-tech just medium-tech

KC
ashapasa

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 12:08:35 PM

"simple software for everyone" is better than "Aurora for every Icelander"  Smiley

very very catchy  Smiley. We could use this I think.
Parana

Activity: 378

Step into a world!! A P2P world!

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 12:47:42 PM

makes our way to the public easier Smiley . I wish nxt success.

Me.Too >> lol >> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=422139.0

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

yadivs60

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 12:54:11 PM

I missed the IPO. Hope to buy some NEM @low price on launch day. This coin is going to be a huge success.
Scharfenberger

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 01:08:31 PM

I missed the IPO. Hope to buy some NEM @low price on launch day. This coin is going to be a huge success.

Maybe this could be helpful  Wink

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=467027.0
gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 01:24:02 PM

Worry not, I believe you'll find helpful souls here, that will send you some for free

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol
Pages: « 1 ... 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 [165] 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: