Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:12:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 [255] 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661421 times)
hill

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 01:30:53 PM

TauMuon: Juzion owns 4 stakes, he said it. So he thinks, others can have even more - 10 stakes - so the number is 3000/10=300

No i have 2 stakes but i have read the refunding list thread ... and that´s are only the guys who make it stupid...
I´m only invested before in bitcoins since 2 years but not a trader, i´m a collector  Smiley
I say it... we will see it if the coins are distributet to each account possible there are 500 Accounts...we will see.
At this moment i bought another 50000 Coin2 and for 2 days 200000 Nxt.

@ salasz next month i visit prag and than we can talk about it with 2 or 3  Staropramen  Grin

you have only 2 stakes. But you guess that an average stakeholder has 10. Seem contradictory to me? Care to explain why do you think so?
Everyone can buy 1 million bitcoin when it was less than 1 cent if that person is more than 10 year olds. But it does not mean an average 10 year old has 1 million bitcoin.

because I 've watched the entire registration phase . I've watched the refunding discussion . those are only small fish have been caught there.
What about the deposit at the beginning about dgex ... BTER ... vircurex that the people are but they were smart , the can not catch you .
Or the people without which they had to pay at the beginning of what I have just told you , the veteran member all have multiple accounts !

But me and that it's just what bothers me a Coin adorns itself as fair.

NEM is not fair, but it can be good!
And that is the reason why I follow NEM .

NEM can be something big without it must adorn themselves with fairly. You know how people will talk about it later and take the FAIR apart.

I have my 2 stakes but am only later joined because I 've been thinking if I want it at all.
I also did not Germany Coin chosen even if there is the FREE , I think it sucks.

I opt only for what I think it is useful. I take nothing free I 'll take it consciously .

I still did not see anything other than you are saying it is possible. It was possible to invest 2 BTC in Nxt and got 100 million Nxt from original distribution. It was possible to buy 1 million Bitcoin at some point too. I knew about Bitcoin in 2010 when I did a research about different form of currency. I had quite a big amount of saving back then too. By your logic, I would be a Bitcoin multi-millionaire by now. It was possible is different from what was actually being done. Maybe you want to put some more thought on this distinction before making any speculation.

The debate about fairness is such meaningless discussion that I don't intend to enter ever. What should be discussed are developers, innovations, and community. The spread of 3000 stakeholders first of all is about to build a strong and big community. We would be successful if we manage to do that.
+1

Good Luck For Everyone!
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
okaynow

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

PGP 9CB0902E

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 01:31:12 PM

Imho everyone should be allowed to submit as many logos as they want. I personaly don't care if someone submits 20 logos if they're all awesome. In the end we want to have a nice professional representative logo and I couldn't care less if it comes from someone that tried 100 times or from someone that only submited one.

No, you read this wrong.

i agree, anyone can and should submit as many submissions as they want.
But here http://imgur.com/a/C2APQ#0 , there are 19 submissions listed, allegedly the "narrowed down" list.
I;m not even going to get to the "narrowing down", of it.

In that list, 9 submissions are from 1 person, and that person is on the "Logo Committee".

That does not look bad to you?
A final list was chosen, by whoever chose them, it has 19 submissions, 9 of which, are from one committee member, there;s one more with two submissions there, and i did not bother looking up the rest.

What i am saying is very clear,
there should be one final submission by each participant.
Not 10 from 1 participant and 1 from another 10 participants so that we have 20 submissions.
20 submissions should be 20 different people. I dont see why anyone would disagree.

Also, Logo Committee members, should really not submit designs. What are they gonna do, vote for themselves and then convince everyone it was a clear vote?

And please, lets not make this personal.

1PeecNu1J8VNKpgR13nasMZWLcMZrwNJfc
jluhxd

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 01:36:35 PM

TauMuon: Juzion owns 4 stakes, he said it. So he thinks, others can have even more - 10 stakes - so the number is 3000/10=300

No i have 2 stakes but i have read the refunding list thread ... and that´s are only the guys who make it stupid...
I´m only invested before in bitcoins since 2 years but not a trader, i´m a collector  Smiley
I say it... we will see it if the coins are distributet to each account possible there are 500 Accounts...we will see.
At this moment i bought another 50000 Coin2 and for 2 days 200000 Nxt.

@ salasz next month i visit prag and than we can talk about it with 2 or 3  Staropramen  Grin

you have only 2 stakes. But you guess that an average stakeholder has 10. Seem contradictory to me? Care to explain why do you think so?
Everyone can buy 1 million bitcoin when it was less than 1 cent if that person is more than 10 year olds. But it does not mean an average 10 year old has 1 million bitcoin.

because I 've watched the entire registration phase . I've watched the refunding discussion . those are only small fish have been caught there.
What about the deposit at the beginning about dgex ... BTER ... vircurex that the people are but they were smart , the can not catch you .
Or the people without which they had to pay at the beginning of what I have just told you , the veteran member all have multiple accounts !

But me and that it's just what bothers me a Coin adorns itself as fair.

NEM is not fair, but it can be good!
And that is the reason why I follow NEM .

NEM can be something big without it must adorn themselves with fairly. You know how people will talk about it later and take the FAIR apart.

I have my 2 stakes but am only later joined because I 've been thinking if I want it at all.
I also did not Germany Coin chosen even if there is the FREE , I think it sucks.

I opt only for what I think it is useful. I take nothing free I 'll take it consciously .

I still did not see anything other than you are saying it is possible. It was possible to invest 2 BTC in Nxt and got 100 million Nxt from original distribution. It was possible to buy 1 million Bitcoin at some point too. I knew about Bitcoin in 2010 when I did a research about different form of currency. I had quite a big amount of saving back then too. By your logic, I would be a Bitcoin multi-millionaire by now. It was possible is different from what was actually being done. Maybe you want to put some more thought on this distinction before making any speculation.

The debate about fairness is such meaningless discussion that I don't intend to enter ever. What should be discussed are developers, innovations, and community. The spread of 3000 stakeholders first of all is about to build a strong and big community. We would be successful if we manage to do that.
+1
+1
abofj

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 01:52:25 PM
Last edit: April 06, 2014, 02:09:16 PM by abofj

jabo38: there was Nxt, that was released with a crappy client and no features and no marketing, so it allowed a fair distribution in first weeks. Thousandts of people were buying Nxt for 100-400 Satoshi before people realized how cool this is and a price went up

once there was a hyped coin by marketing, they called it Maxcoin: http://coinmarketcap.com/max_90.html

you should also study Coin2, it had 1000 stakeholders: http://coinmarketcap.com/c2_30.html

so Coin2 is already more fair than NEM - because everyone got it for free

Looks like some anxiousness is growing while spring is going forward Cheesy
Birds are singing, bees are buzzing,
all kind of stings are uncovered.

There have been lately silly comparisons, like this: 1000 free stakeholders are more fair than 3000 bought-in stakeholders. It's quite sure that there is some threshold for the used money, some bought a stake with 10 NXT, isn't it almost free.

Those facts are overtaken, because it might dull the sting Cheesy

vytasz7

Activity: 561

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 02:26:39 PM

I'm impressed! This threat is full of interesting discussion and good spirit!
Our main strength: this community!!!

I've followed a few coins some as a miner, some as an investor, but NEM certainly appears to be different. UP has put together a strong team and has created a strong vision, allowing people to get behind the movement. The number and diversity of stakeholders and the way it has been done is very open and impressive. Finally the open audit and handling of complaints, queries, ideas has been very warm and professional.

KC
Yes, these I have felt. From this thing, I think NEM has huge development potential in the market will occupy a large proportion Cheesy

I recently read a very interesting post about somebody who spent sometime to study and analyse NXT.  One interesting conclusion was that there were just under 1000 core NXT users.  As very impressive as NXT is for its new tech, and it is very impressive (or will be when all those promises are delivered on).  The community as a whole isn't backing it.  The story behind NEM, has a lot more marketing strength.  NEM on day one will already have a much larger user base than NXT and can quite possibly explode from there.  NEM is literally the first time ever something like this has been done in the crypto cummunity.  EVERY previous coin was dominated by large investors or early powerful miners.  This may or may not be good for NEM, we will have to wait and see, but I am willing to try hard and see because I believe it is a better way.  Bitcoin's story is "an experiment that turned out quite interesting and as time went on went from being a fluke to the real deal."  NXT's story is "A guy made a really good code and 70 lucky friends and community members got in on it" (this isn't exactly true, but it will always be told like that).  NEM has a chance to rewrite its own narrative.  A group of thousands of people came together to create a new and better to deal with money, not just for themselves, but for everyone in the world.

I think there are not more of 300 NEM Users... the rest are sockpuppets! don´t make u unserious .... i do not like that everyone means there are thousands of NEM Stakeholers and all the people know it!

The stakeholder's list has 1,090 Bitcoin talk veteran accounts, how can you speculate that there are no more than 300 Nem stakeholders?

Then you have to consider that many of those veterans also tried to get other people that they know to join Nem, seeing it as a big opportunity, also consider this crypto guy with a large twitter following who mentioned the fund raising in his twitter account as well as those who mentioned it in Reddit and other major social media, and the people who browse the site but don't comment, but joined to get a stake.

Then you also have to consider the I think 200+ open slots, and the 20 page waiting list that's still growing, with the rules being much stricter and Utopianfuture focusing only on people who can significantly contribute to Nem.

300 stake holder just doesn't make sense, unless it's wishful thinking on your part.

300 is total bs. If someone wants to mock NEM for not being fair at least use som realistic numbers that don't make you look like a total moron that just talks without doing any research. kthxbey.

Exactly.

I think he probably realized that 300 is too low of a number after I told him that there are 1,090 Bitcointalk veteran stakeholders. So rather than somewhat admitting that he was off, he now rather argue that every member has four Bitcoinalk accounts. It's too much taking things out of thin air and saying them with authority. That's a personality flaw.

Ive read that there are people who bought 1 stake for a few people,you cant know how many stakes gonna be split after distribution
vytasz7

Activity: 561

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 02:30:40 PM

Could be much more than 3000 acc if there be a few hundred splits
EFFV

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 02:32:01 PM

I know I am a little late to reply here, but I want to go back and clear what I was saying about NEM needing a mobile platform.  I really do believe mobile will be the future of computers and finance.  I think it will be the "primary" device of the normal person, but not the only one.  For sure desktops and notebooks and servers and supercomputers will of course still exist. 

After reading more about M-Pesa for a different post, I think that this helps to prove the point.  Here is the chart of M-Pesa verses bitcoin.  Both are digital platforms for transferring money. 

This chart clearly shows what it means to be adapted.  M-Pesa is winning, bitcoin simply isn't.  At this rate, who knows how long before bitcoin "goes to the moon".

Bitcoin just isn't cutting it, and I am guessing won't ever get the job done.  It is too slow and too difficult to use.  M-Pesa is as simple as sending a text.  Banking on the go.  I would really love to see NEM be as easy as M-Pesa at transferring money.  That is part of the reason why I am willing to give part of my stake as a bounty for a mobile app developer.  I believe in it that much. 

I think the most important thing in NEM's long term future is getting businesses to accept it and people to spend it.  If the community agrees that is important, it seems like some things need to be met first.  Excellent and easy to use clients, an exchange of fiat to NEM, and trust in NEM. 

I am not sure but it seems like M-Pesa was originally or still is backed by mobile prepaid airtime minutes.  So the minutes acted as a gold standard for the M-Pesa units.  People knew that at anytime they could just use the M-Pesa on their phones to buy airtime if they weren't going to spend it elsewhere.  Those rates were locked in.  Right now bitcoin is backed by USD or RMB or EUR, but it doesn't have to be limited to that.  And unfortunately (or fortunately) bitcoin isn't locked in into anything and that makes investors weary. This is why having an exchange is soooooo important at the start.  (something like a Bitpay/Coinbase combo)  Anyway, I think I am rambling now.  Just some thoughts to think on. 

Serious agree,Mobile Internet is the future trend,It soon turned into a boom.

Agree +1

"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves."  -Lao Tzu
My Trust Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=474589.new#new
Vicodin

Activity: 226

Power the World for FREE

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 02:34:35 PM

Seriously, why are we not going to launch with an app? If the reason is that it can't be done then I can understand. But I would love to hear why it would be a good idea to launch without one? I don't think the argument that we won't fail if we launch without one is good enough. Seriously, when NEM launches it should be READY for non-crypto users. READY for non-technical users. No one has said to rush this. Is it NOT possible to have one ready when we lauch? Is taking into account security of the app too much to have it ready? If that is the reason fine. I can understand. But I can't see the reasoning beyond that. Let's have this discussion. Maybe I am off base here, but I worry that some of us are so tech savvy that we have a hard time knowing the importance of making things simple for non-technical users. Like we just can't realize how others don't get things that are so easy for us tech guys to understand. So we don't place enough importance on it. IMO, an app would set us apart, and at the same time, allow new people to easily adopt NEM. If you agree, say something. I am new to cryptos, and this is one thing from a long list I plan to bring up to help NEM break the crypto mold.

BigBoozie

Activity: 52
Merit: 50

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 02:49:12 PM

Seriously, why are we not going to launch with an app? If the reason is that it can't be done then I can understand. But I would love to hear why it would be a good idea to launch without one? I don't think the argument that we won't fail if we launch without one is good enough. Seriously, when NEM launches it should be READY for non-crypto users. READY for non-technical users. No one has said to rush this. Is it NOT possible to have one ready when we lauch? Is taking into account security of the app too much to have it ready? If that is the reason fine. I can understand. But I can't see the reasoning beyond that. Let's have this discussion. Maybe I am off base here, but I worry that some of us are so tech savvy that we have a hard time knowing the importance of making things simple for non-technical users. Like we just can't realize how others don't get things that are so easy for us tech guys to understand. So we don't place enough importance on it. IMO, an app would set us apart, and at the same time, allow new people to easily adopt NEM. If you agree, say something. I am new to cryptos, and this is one thing from a long list I plan to bring up to help NEM break the crypto mold.

I have to agree, even though I dont know how will we reach those non tech people immediatly after launch, I think it will be boiling here in crypto community for some time, until we are ready to push it more to mainstream. Talking mainstream are there any plans on how to push NEM further, behind the walls of current crypto scene here on BTT?
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 03:48:27 PM

The problem with africa and mobile apps is, that most cellphones there are not capable of running apps. While it would be nice to "capture" the cellphone payment marketshare, it won't work, until africa upgrades its hardware!

Vicodin

Activity: 226

Power the World for FREE

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 03:53:54 PM
Last edit: April 06, 2014, 04:05:23 PM by Vicodin

I have to agree, even though I dont know how will we reach those non tech people immediatly after launch, I think it will be boiling here in crypto community for some time, until we are ready to push it more to mainstream. Talking mainstream are there any plans on how to push NEM further, behind the walls of current crypto scene here on BTT?
Seriously, you hit the nail right on the head. What are we going to do to spread NEM beyond the crypto community? This is a VERY big question. I am new to cryptos. I think I am seeing things differently than others here. What I am picking up in general is the "can't see the forest through the trees" situation. Let me be clear. NEM is much farther than other coins in the sense that it is breaking the mold in many ways already. Utopian has a lot on his plate. He has been very successful in creating a coin that has the POTENTIAL to break out of the crypto circle. I have breifly gone over the trello board as well. There are many interesting ideas there. Good ones. There is just so much to do.

What I see as a challenge is a few things. Theres is so much work to do when it comes to development in the first place. This is understandably taking up much of the focus. Also, I think the larger issue is, probably not Utopian, but many can't see it in their mind. They have seen EVERY coin they have been involved with talk about this I would imagine, and fail. They are just focused on making this a success here. In the back of their mind, I just think pushing for a coin to be adopted by the public is something so big that it is a waste of time. At the very least, something we should worry about LATER. This is the first thing. The time to start to take this to the general public is now. It will take us weeks to indentify things such as: What does our Marketing Sales Funnel look like. What does the "buying cycle" look like? Who are our different target audiences? Who is in charge of our newsletter?  The list goes on.

We should have already hired a search engine optimization firm to optimize our website and begin the campaign. We should have our army of stakeholders writing articles on different subjects related to cryptos and NEM.

Seriously, what we have to figure out is this: What is our message? How are we going to spread this message? How do we track the success of the that message being spread effectively? Who are we targeting with our message?

These are just the basics, and I'm leaving things out. The major point is we have to believe that it is possible. ANY coin that hired a professional marketing company, I mean a good one, could overtake Bitcoin easily.

The main challenge I believe is the decentralized nature of cryptos. This is why this hasn't happened yet. But it will. Utopian looks like a capable leader. NEM is lucky. This is VERY hard to find.

We need to find a good marketing company to take this mainstream. If not, I can help but as with everyone my time is limited. We CAN do this together. However, I would suggest that we leave it to pros if we really want NEM to reach its goals. But either way, we need to start now.

And of course, once we have a "buyer", it should be a simple as downloading an app.

The first step is to beleive!!! Really believe!!!

salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 04:15:40 PM

The problem with africa and mobile apps is, that most cellphones there are not capable of running apps. While it would be nice to "capture" the cellphone payment marketshare, it won't work, until africa upgrades its hardware!
I think we should invent cheap smartphones and then spread them there
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 04:21:24 PM

Haha that would be awesome. NXT/NEM sending africa to the 21th century!

salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 04:49:43 PM

You can buy cheap solar gadgets these days too. But Asia should be there too
AngelicE

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 05:05:32 PM

Hi, introductory sponsorship fee is still acceptable?
KingCole

Activity: 348
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 05:05:44 PM

Design the app for a feature phone using Java ME with most of the grunt done off the device if necessary. Nokia last year released a Symbian S30 variant for something under $20. People don't need to have the latest quad-core, multi-gig, smartphones running on an LTE network to run simple text based apps

KC
Lucozade35

Activity: 46

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 05:08:59 PM

You can buy cheap solar gadgets these days too. But Asia should be there too
This is not eastern Europe my friend, Asia and Africa have phones and internet just as good as yours. Africa has many states some more advanced than you accept.
apullman

Activity: 44

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 05:13:00 PM

"A sub-$50 no-contract smartphones are already a reality today. The MTN Steppa. It’s a pretty bad phone: Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread, 2MP camera, single-core processor, 480×320 HVGA screen. But it’s a genuine smartphone nonetheless, with a 3G antenna, Google Maps, Gmail, Facebook, Opera, and YouTube. And it retails for less than fifty dollars (no contract.) "
www.techcrunch.com/2014/02/08/in-3-5-years-most-africans-will-have-smartphones

In Kenya, cell phone usage increased by 4,000,000 users last year. Kenyans use cell phones for everything from buying groceries to paying rent. Kenyans pay $20 for cell phones with banking, streaming, and communication capabilities. kenyasocialventures.com

A simple app that can just send and receive NEM would be a great starting point. We can team up with a few entrepreneurs or business students at a local university and donate a few $50 smartphones. I am sure they will find NEM useful for one of there projects.
patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 05:27:38 PM

Seriously, you hit the nail right on the head. What are we going to do to spread NEM beyond the crypto community? This is a VERY big question. I am new to cryptos. I think I am seeing things differently than others here. What I am picking up in general is the "can't see the forest through the trees" situation. Let me be clear. NEM is much farther than other coins in the sense that it is breaking the mold in many ways already. Utopian has a lot on his plate. He has been very successful in creating a coin that has the POTENTIAL to break out of the crypto circle. I have breifly gone over the trello board as well. There are many interesting ideas there. Good ones. There is just so much to do.

What I see as a challenge is a few things. Theres is so much work to do when it comes to development in the first place. This is understandably taking up much of the focus. Also, I think the larger issue is, probably not Utopian, but many can't see it in their mind. They have seen EVERY coin they have been involved with talk about this I would imagine, and fail. They are just focused on making this a success here. In the back of their mind, I just think pushing for a coin to be adopted by the public is something so big that it is a waste of time. At the very least, something we should worry about LATER. This is the first thing. The time to start to take this to the general public is now. It will take us weeks to indentify things such as: What does our Marketing Sales Funnel look like. What does the "buying cycle" look like? Who are our different target audiences? Who is in charge of our newsletter?  The list goes on.

We should have already hired a search engine optimization firm to optimize our website and begin the campaign. We should have our army of stakeholders writing articles on different subjects related to cryptos and NEM.

Seriously, what we have to figure out is this: What is our message? How are we going to spread this message? How do we track the success of the that message being spread effectively? Who are we targeting with our message?

These are just the basics, and I'm leaving things out. The major point is we have to believe that it is possible. ANY coin that hired a professional marketing company, I mean a good one, could overtake Bitcoin easily.

The main challenge I believe is the decentralized nature of cryptos. This is why this hasn't happened yet. But it will. Utopian looks like a capable leader. NEM is lucky. This is VERY hard to find.

We need to find a good marketing company to take this mainstream. If not, I can help but as with everyone my time is limited. We CAN do this together. However, I would suggest that we leave it to pros if we really want NEM to reach its goals. But either way, we need to start now.

And of course, once we have a "buyer", it should be a simple as downloading an app.

The first step is to beleive!!! Really believe!!!

I'm goignt to try to address all of this but since your text is quite long I might miss a few things. Also note that this is my personal opinion and it doesn't necessarily reflect what UP or anyone else thinks.

First off it bothers me that you think launching with an app means launching ready for non-crypto users. That's complete nonsense in my opinoin (sry for being so blunt here). What a new currency needs for mass adoption besides value is utility. If people can't use NEM they aren't going to give a rats as about an app and that goes for goes for crypto and non-crypto people. Btw. what exactly do you think this app should do ?

So our number one goal imho has to be getting merchants and exchanges to accept NEM. Of course we'll also try to step up in that regard ourselfs as a community. Launching services and stuff.

Now you have also outlined in your write up - and I agree - marketing is important and something that every stakeholder should engage in. BUT not right now. The specs of NEM aren't final, our website is not ready in fact nothing is 100% finished. The whole project is still at a very early stage. If you start a huge marketing campaing now all the people will see is unfinished stuff and nothing to do with it as off now. More than one person has heard of NEM, came to this thread and whas dissapointed to see nothing but debates about sockpuppets and what not. Personally I'd like to attract people when we're ready for them. A good example are a couple of the signatures that you find among NEMsters. Many still have POS there which isn't true anymore. We'll privde a factsheet about NEM that everyone can use to market NEM. There'll also be a NEM vs NXT chart that will outline the differences. We can't have people writing inaccurate articles on something that isn't even finished.

To sum things up... I really appreciate how motivated you seem to be and I don't even disagree 100% I just think we shouldn't get ahead of ourselfs.

And to answer you question: If we don't launch with an app it will be because there's plenty of other stuff that needs to be done before we even need an app (like I said what should this app even to right now?).

msunxter

Activity: 11

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 05:39:40 PM

"A sub-$50 no-contract smartphones are already a reality today. The MTN Steppa. It’s a pretty bad phone: Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread, 2MP camera, single-core processor, 480×320 HVGA screen. But it’s a genuine smartphone nonetheless, with a 3G antenna, Google Maps, Gmail, Facebook, Opera, and YouTube. And it retails for less than fifty dollars (no contract.) "
www.techcrunch.com/2014/02/08/in-3-5-years-most-africans-will-have-smartphones

In Kenya, cell phone usage increased by 4,000,000 users last year. Kenyans use cell phones for everything from buying groceries to paying rent. Kenyans pay $20 for cell phones with banking, streaming, and communication capabilities. kenyasocialventures.com

A simple app that can just send and receive NEM would be a great starting point. We can team up with a few entrepreneurs or business students at a local university and donate a few $50 smartphones. I am sure they will find NEM useful for one of there projects.

+1. Totally agree. The faster we establish NEM as a currency and not a commodity, the better. Need to differentiate ourselves from all the other faceless coins.
Pages: « 1 ... 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 [255] 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: