Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 08:32:15 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 [302] 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661424 times)
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 07:58:03 PM

From what I remember you wanted qubic to be based on nodes that are doing PoW.

No. Nodes r supposed to be rewarded according to their usefulness/importance. PoW was used only to counteract Sybil attack.

Edit: Will wait for the whitepaper, have to focus on other things then...
dave5555

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 08:22:15 PM

I don't promise you any thing in particular. I said it okay that you can create an account for your friend. But you got it wrong when you think this is an investment while it never was. If you asked can my friend do nothing and not participate in helping NEM then I would say NO. This is not a hypothetical answer because it was indeed the answer I gave in one p.m earlier.

It should be very clear to everyone that NEM is now much bigger than it was in the first conception. It is a changing concept grown out of the stakeholders' contribution. It will be even much bigger later when the development team publish whitepaper, technological road-map etc. and other stakeholders join in. I will try to keep NEM evolve in that way.  

@Dave I never knew how many friends you have and want to create accounts for. I thought the question was for one friend. Anyway as I said your group of friends could get 1 or 2 stakes depending on refunding situation and I think you should take that.  

I'm not going to sit here and try to debate my case with you.

I know what was put on the table and you are backtracking on what was understood.

It doesn't matter, give me whatever stakes you can for the group and I will divide it amongst them accordingly.

That means that I will prorate their investment and refund whatever is needed to make it fair and balanced on my end.

At least I know I'm doing things right on my side, there's really no way to prove it because we are strangers online.

Exactly because we are online and communicate exclusively via written messages that you should really be able to prove it if I have in any way misled you to think this is a profitable investment or your friend should buy a NEM stake even he knows or care nothing about NEM.

It doesn't matter anymore, I will do whatever I have to do with what they are given.

Will keep watching.
Eadeqa

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 08:29:34 PM
Last edit: April 21, 2014, 06:11:48 AM by Eadeqa

I remember he said he has a team. Maybe it is just you so I don't know. It doesn't matter because I already said I don't mind if he (or his team) has 5-10-20% or more of Nxt (this is may be sixteen times). It is certainly way better than giving 5% of Nxt to some random guy who think he is so smart because he just happen to be there at the right time.

Ok. Funny thing is that BCNext didn't even pay 1 BTC as he was going to do. Coz he wanted to have 21 BTC invested but another guy sent 1 BTC right before the funding was over. (It's according to his own words, there is still a possibility that he lied and actually owns 50% of the coins.)

If BCnext had several sock puppets investing (I doubt it), others could have done the same too.  It was open process on public forum.  There were no developer's stake. There were no special exceptions for the developer. The rules were same for everyone. All distributions were verifiable as it happened publicly with user's submitted SHA256 public note to investment address.

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
jkoil

Activity: 834
Merit: 524

Nxt NEM

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 08:33:37 PM

Someone said earlier that BCNext was the fairest developer. That's not true. If he really didn't take more than any of the other stakeholders

No, he didn't, and that needed to be said given a lot of people bash nxt in this thread for "unfair" distribution which is a pathetically dishonest criticism as nxt IPO was open to anyone for 2 months and  Bcnext (the developer) didn't demand any extra shares for himself.

One thing we can say about nxt inventor: he wasn't greedy.

Doesn't he own ~5% of NXT?

No, as I understand, everyone was allowed 1 btc max investment. bcnext was not exception to that rule. The 1 billion nxt were divided among the investors. This is all public record and happened in the open forum. Unless he was using a sock puppet account to invest twice, there was no special "stock" for bcnext. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303898.msg3254124#msg3254124

--> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303898.msg3256852#msg3256852
There are some statements, which sound quite familiar Smiley
Or are they just some constant operations in the announcement of a crypto currency ... idk, haven't read more than couple announcements Smiley
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 10:36:10 PM

Frankly saying I don't worry much if someone attacks NEM using this attack vector, I hoped that I could steal borrow ur solution, hehe...

BAM!   Grin

The most hopeful thing I've read in weeks. I have read CfB's post going back more than a year (and there are a lot). I highly respect him in this field. I'm so excited to hear him say that NEM might have something in common with Qubic in a distant cousin way. I for one have been really excited about POI. Since the third year of bitcoin there has been a mining problem. I'll some up his posts so you don't have to read them. CfB knew about bitcoin's mining problem and was working on a solution before bitcoin was $1. I really hope and am really excited to hear any feedback post white paper.

Spider

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 11:54:20 PM

Frankly saying I don't worry much if someone attacks NEM using this attack vector, I hoped that I could steal borrow ur solution, hehe...

BAM!   Grin

The most hopeful thing I've read in weeks. I have read CfB's post going back more than a year (and there are a lot). I highly respect him in this field. I'm so excited to hear him say that NEM might have something in common with Qubic in a distant cousin way. I for one have been really excited about POI. Since the third year of bitcoin there has been a mining problem. I'll some up his posts so you don't have to read them. CfB knew about bitcoin's mining problem and was working on a solution before bitcoin was $1. I really hope and am really excited to hear any feedback post white paper.
I'm going to sleep peacefully now.

forum.nem.io
Thingamajig

Activity: 497
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 01:00:35 AM

BAM!   Grin

I agree. Nonetheless i do have alot of Faith in NEM - NEM is by far the best thing to come along since NXT. When you consider the Gox mess and other PoW related woes, i believe cryptocurrency in general needs a radical new approach to coins rather than your typical PoW/Litecoin/BTC clone.

GodfatherX

Activity: 17

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 02:45:34 AM

Look forward to the white paper. Is there a date to release the white paper?
banders

Activity: 32

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 03:03:51 AM

Will we be able to run NEM in the Cloud? Like using Amazon's (aws.amazon.com/free) free usage tier.
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 03:20:04 AM

i have a feeling nem is going to be allot bigger then most think.. if nem can make good on everything promised at launch i dont think anyone will have anything to troll about! as for the value... i can easy see it reaching 100million market cap fairly fast if everything is functional and ready to go on launch.. and seriously hope there is a really good multipool on launch too...! Smiley
I have same feeling!hope all come true! Cheesy

is there much being done in terms of pre launch marketing? or any plans? i think there should be a strong marketing plan nearer launch time (only if everything  planned for launch is ready)

get nem well known, focus on everything being ready and how well the ipo was run compared to other coins.

build a brand name early.

any thoughts on getting a global design done like > https://nxtforum.org/nxt-promotion/a-global-corporate-design/msg9066/#msg9066

this is very important for branding and this can be done well before launch.. have all websites and forums conform to the new design aswell and get this done early in order to present a good professional image for nem.. just look at how good the image of ethereum and there site is due to just having a good design early on...

can funds be used from the registration fees to pay for such a thing or does it go against the rules?

also seeing as nem is written from scratch i think some exchanges may have issues supporting it so perhaps write up a help guide sort of thing to help exchanges add nem.. perhaps have a direct line to a dev that worked on nem so the exchanges can have answers to questions fast and not have to publicly ask for help...

patmast3r... that makes good sence no point excluding people for no reason.. are you keeping any stakes for bounties or for that auction idea that came up?

edit: also more pics here of website design and client.. i think it looks good! https://nxtforum.org/nxt-promotion/a-global-corporate-design/msg8999/#msg8999

i dont mean to use the same thing just to have a profesionaly done design thats universal so all websites or anything nem related can adopt the same color/design scheme! https://nxtforum.org/nxt-promotion/a-global-corporate-design/msg8999/#msg8999

I think having a unified design aesthetic across all platforms (client, website, forum etc.) is vitally important for NEM. It helps to establish NEM as recognisable brand.

At the moment the client mock-ups, the forum and the website all look completely different, which saddens me slightly...

I totally agree with this. I think that over time it will evolve towards a certain look. First we need to figure out what kind of design/symbology embodies NEM as not just a currency, but as a movement for economic change.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 03:51:48 AM

I agree. Nonetheless i do have alot of Faith in NEM - NEM is by far the best thing to come along since NXT. When you consider the Gox mess and other PoW related woes, i believe cryptocurrency in general needs a radical new approach to coins rather than your typical PoW/Litecoin/BTC clone.

No doubt in my mind that NEM will be awesome.  I fully believe we have a chance to be THE game changer.  No other platform that has come before has been built perfectly.  I am really excited about NEM.  A large and fair distribution and POI.  As far as I am concerned, these address the two of the three biggest issues with the narrative surrounding crypto.  That third being image and marketing.  I am happy to see people on this thread also thinking about image and marketing.

makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 05:18:35 AM

Are there any app programmers out there that can make a simple NEM wallet for a smartwatch? I will help add to the development bounty if this ever becomes a project.

Here is a teardown of Samsung's new Gear 2 smartwatch www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Samsung+Gear+2+Teardown/23990 Some neat features include immersion up to 1 meter of water, 2MP camera, heartrate monitor and IR TV remote.

I know a developer who make a payment app for Pebble https://getpebble.com/. The last time I talked to him about Bitcoin he is not that interested but that was just a brief mentioning of Bitcoin. Anyway if that's the something the community wants then at some point it is best starting to look for a developer and contract him. Bounty system works best when it is really big and got advertised massively.

This looks really promising!

Coindesk's article about Wearable Technology:
www.coindesk.com/can-wearable-tech-bitcoin-revamp-mobile-payments

Motorola and LG are also making a Smartwatch.

Moto360:
www.engadget.com/2014/03/18/this-is-motorolas-new-android-wear-smartwatch-moto-360
www.engadget.com/2014/03/19/moto-360-designer

G Watch:
www.engadget.com/2014/03/18/lg-g-watch-android-wear

On a unrelated side note, Google is working on a modular smartphone.
www.engadget.com/2014/04/15/project-ara-modular-smartphone

Cool stuff. We should stay on top of it.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌

Sora
|
XOR
patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 06:01:46 AM

hi, i already have a stake. but i wonder if setting up a node will give me a few more coins? i am really interspersed to know that. also what kind of services can i offer for a return in nems?

Setting up a node CAN give you  more coins by foraging.

I don't understand your second question. Do you mean what kind of businesses you could run to accept NEM or what services you have to run to collect a bounty ?

makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 06:44:26 AM

Allright, if you have better ideas, I'm all ears. I don't support nem charity at this point, just tried to give an example from the real life.

Why do we have to give the raised money to any foundation ? Your example is a perfect case that we should do charity in the most decentralized and direct manner.
NEM community should bring in cases as such and we will decide the direct delivery of the charity proceeds to the ones in needs. Perhaps put in a Youtube video afterward for a promotional purpose.

We can also implement tools and webservices that will help people. Being charitable doesn't mean only giving away money.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
ashapasa

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 07:20:39 AM

NEM starting to get noticed. Very pleased with that. Smiley
young.sun

Activity: 167

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 07:32:19 AM

waiting for the alpha version.
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 08:06:25 AM

I had the idea to create a physical NEM-coin. Hope the NEM-logo will become nice (for front).
Backside is reserved for private/public key (unlike CASASCIUS)

Is there a thread where the NEM-logo is discussed or determined?

And for the logo-designers. Considering the "golden ratio" may help to make it fine.

Waiting for some comments regarding  the NEM-coin idea.

Interesting article on the golden ratio. I think design based on the golden mean is overrated (though not necessarily bad).

http://meandering-through-mathematics.blogspot.jp/2012/02/applications-of-golden-mean-to.html

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 08:50:40 AM

I had the idea to create a physical NEM-coin. Hope the NEM-logo will become nice (for front).
Backside is reserved for private/public key (unlike CASASCIUS)

Is there a thread where the NEM-logo is discussed or determined?

And for the logo-designers. Considering the "golden ratio" may help to make it fine.

Waiting for some comments regarding  the NEM-coin idea.

Interesting article on the golden ratio. I think design based on the golden mean is overrated (though not necessarily bad).

http://meandering-through-mathematics.blogspot.jp/2012/02/applications-of-golden-mean-to.html

Golden Ratio Wallet, that sounds great Wink

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol
j23a

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 09:13:36 AM

Utopianfuture, I clicked the link on the OP of this thread for the final stakeholder's list and the link takes me to an unrelated post of  yours from April 17th. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=426303.msg6275960#msg6275960

TBTSX4-NKRX55-HF2ECG-SHPBG3-XIDD2Y-QDRI3N-P2O6
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 09:38:10 AM

How does PoI work?

That is NEM's secret sauce, I guess we have to wait for the whitepaper.

Whitepaper is being worked on. We'll probably adjust the algorithm based on tests in the alpha, so the paper will not be out before the alpha, but we are talking about releasing the whitepaper before launch. Nothing is set in stone, though.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
Pages: « 1 ... 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 [302] 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: