Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:25:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 [309] 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 ... 1310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Ethereum: Welcome to the Beginning  (Read 2004003 times)
hotcoin010309

Activity: 123
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 11:07:34 AM

... Here all think positive, but remember that even ltc &Doge and have reached the highest levels of capitalization and themselves "btc speeches died" feel them for a long time

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitThink
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 11:08:39 AM

Panic buy now. Last time to buy ETH below 13$. Countdown to lift off. 2 bil market cap in next month. 0.2 BTC per ETH it's the real value.

ETH was not actually ever designed to be a store of value, they even say so in the whitepaper.

This is an obvious pump by some mega whales, and a lot of people are going to get burned.

It is such a classic bubble.

Unless that whale cooperates with poloniex, otherwise to create a such huge volumn is not an easy task.
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 11:11:04 AM

Panic buy now. Last time to buy ETH below 13$. Countdown to lift off. 2 bil market cap in next month. 0.2 BTC per ETH it's the real value.

ETH was not actually ever designed to be a store of value, they even say so in the whitepaper.

This is an obvious pump by some mega whales, and a lot of people are going to get burned.

What is value of cryptocoins? IMO we're going to new definition. This and next years value of cryptocurrency will be amount of services hosted on it. Internet of things is the near future. Microsoft investing a lot of $ in ethereum and they knowing what they doing. ETH isnt't another litecoin, dogecon... It's new technology like web 2.0.
hotcoin010309

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 11:11:57 AM

Bitcoin has reached these levels because mtgox inflated the market, the big miners,  in the market and extraction feet, because they would lose too much money  leave btc
eth who supports it? only the market?
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2016, 11:12:24 AM

It's not like Ethereum could prevent it from becoming a store of value.

Once people buy and hold, I think it is a store of value.
bitbitch

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 11:14:28 AM

What is value of cryptocoins? IMO we're going to new definition. This and next years value of cryptocurrency will be amount of services hosted on it. Internet of things is the near future. Microsoft investing a lot of $ in ethereum and they knowing what they doing. ETH isnt't another litecoin, dogecon... It's new technology like web 2.0.

Microsoft has stated that it is coin agnostic.
BitThink
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 11:16:00 AM

Bitcoin has reached these levels because mtgox inflated the market, the big miners,  in the market and extraction feet, because they would lose too much money  leave btc
To me, I don't think any coin had a daily volume more than half of BTC volume before. Therefore, either Poloniex fakes the volume, or something does happen on ETH.
hotcoin010309

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 11:16:13 AM

Microsoft? How many $ has invested in ETH?
bitbitch

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 11:18:05 AM

Precisely, very few users have most of the coins , i dont think pumping this pump and hold was planned from the beginning but i wonder how long it will last, i avoided touching eth from the beginning and yeah it kinda hurts now yet i dont regret it.

you don't have need to regret it. save your stake money. there will be other opportunities. there always are.
HYPERfuture

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

HYPER project manager and PR + GoldPieces [GP]

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2016, 11:18:21 AM

In terms of the technology I agree.

In terms of the price I don't believe it can stay at these levels sustainably. It is a classic bubble, it will pop, and I believe it will stabilize again around 0.01 BTC. Of course I could be wrong.

There are already threads on the ETH forums where people are saying it is now too expensive to develop the dapps they were planning on the ETH network due to the current price.

HYPER Gaming Currency -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=624651 GP RPG Currency -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1053441 https://cryptogalaxies.com -> Blockchain Based Space Strategy MMO. Crypto Galaxies on Bitcointalk -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1374470
andulolika
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1047

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 11:19:17 AM

I think that ethereum is an extreme butthurt way of trying to force the size growth. I wont say it will soon explode and go down, its hard it to go down when holders are organized but i still "smell the fishy".
Besides that ethereum is a good idea indeed, actually DC is gonna be a fork but all this importance thats added out of nowhere is clearly fake.
My post will soon be covered by many hyp posts eitherway and we both know that.

Precisely, very few users have most of the coins , i dont think pumping this pump and hold was planned from the beginning but i wonder how long it will last, i avoided touching eth from the beginning and yeah it kinda hurts now yet i dont regret it.

you don't have need to regret it. save your stake money. there will be other opportunities. there always are.
I seen those damn opportunities yet ill just focus on my own shit atleast i know how things work.

To me, I don't think any coin had a daily volume more than half of BTC volume before. Therefore, either Poloniex fakes the volume, or something does happen on ETH.
CLAM and XMR were leader with thousands of btc volume not only on poloniex, keep dreaming.

In terms of the price I don't believe it can stay at these levels sustainably. It is a classic bubble, it will pop, and I believe it will stabilize again around 0.01 BTC. Of course I could be wrong.

There are already threads on the ETH forums where people are saying it is now too expensive to develop the dapps they were planning on the ETH network due to the current price.
i cannot wait to have apps on the clamchain lol

🔥 🔥 🔥  Satochip - Secure the future  🔥 🔥 🔥
⭐️ Hardware wallet on a smartcard | Affordable and easy to use | Open source and community driven | BTC, LTC, BCH (SLP tokens), ETH (ERC-20 tokens)... ⭐️
──WebsiteShop  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Telegram  |  Github──
MaGNeT
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2016, 11:20:41 AM

The price for running dapps can be changed... that's not too hard...
MaGNeT
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2016, 11:23:05 AM

Seems someone doesn't like the Ethereum Homestead party we're celebrating in just a few hours  Grin

DDOS'ing PoloniEx won't help much...
BitThink
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 11:23:39 AM

Yes, you could be right. But if you correctly predicted BTC price will be stabilized at $2xx in 2013, you would miss a big opportunity to double or triple your wealth. That said, you will have less chance to lose half of your wealth. So, who knows.
HYPERfuture

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2016, 11:27:46 AM

Yes, you could be right. But if you correctly predicted BTC price will be stabilized at $2xx in 2013, you would miss a big opportunity to double or triple your wealth. That said, you will have less chance to lose half of your wealth. So, who knows.

The only real question is if the bubble will go higher (like BTC in 2013) before it pops or not. Now that it's over 1 billion market cap in my opinion it is much harder to go from 1 Billion to 2 Billion than from the previous value increases we have seen over the last few weeks.

HYPER Gaming Currency -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=624651 GP RPG Currency -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1053441 https://cryptogalaxies.com -> Blockchain Based Space Strategy MMO. Crypto Galaxies on Bitcointalk -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1374470
MaGNeT
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2016, 11:31:38 AM

The only real question is if the bubble will go higher (like BTC in 2013) before it pops or not. Now that it's over 1 billion market cap in my opinion it is much harder to go from 1 Billion to 2 Billion than from the previous value increases we have seen over the last few weeks.

Calling Ethereum a bubble is like calling Apple a bubble.

What's your definition of a bubble?
BitThink
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 11:34:14 AM

Yes, that's true. However considering the fund to double the ETH price now can only increase the price of BTC by 17% ( a very rough estimation since no one knows the ratio of tradable cap. The only thing we know is market cap). It's not a surprise that we see BTC increase 17% in one day.
BitThink
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 11:38:43 AM

Did CLAM and Monero really had more than 100K BTC daily volume before? I really did not know this. That will be really a surprise to me.
andulolika
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1047

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 11:41:44 AM
Last edit: March 14, 2016, 12:07:49 PM by andulolika

Did CLAM and Monero really had more than 100K BTC daily volume before? I really did not know this. That will be really a surprise to me.
No they didnt, but no one needed to fake volume.

Edit: i think that volume is being clearly faked , i don think the new fees of poloniex are coincidence.

🔥 🔥 🔥  Satochip - Secure the future  🔥 🔥 🔥
⭐️ Hardware wallet on a smartcard | Affordable and easy to use | Open source and community driven | BTC, LTC, BCH (SLP tokens), ETH (ERC-20 tokens)... ⭐️
──WebsiteShop  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Telegram  |  Github──
HYPERfuture

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2016, 11:55:31 AM

Calling Ethereum a bubble is like calling Apple a bubble.

What's your definition of a bubble?

For a crypto, when it is being hyped in the media, and on the forums, and when it goes up 10x or more in a short period of time. And when most people cannot see it is a bubble  Cheesy

Not once has a crypto stabilized at the peak price.

Sure ETH will find a new floor (which I believe will be around 0.01 BTC), but I would be really surprised if it goes over 2 Billion market cap and beyond.

Pages: « 1 ... 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 [309] 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 ... 1310 »
  Print  

Jump to: