Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:53:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 86 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin - PoW reward for solar energy | the GREEN KING of Crypto  (Read 138363 times)
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 09:44:51 PM

If this thing takes off I can imagine there will be all kinds of fraud in people trying to claim coins without actually having solar pannels. Fake docs etc if the price does go to 30 we would need a team to go and verify claims .

Nick talked about this in a previous post.

"Consensus has shifted from SREC to verified meter readings which work globally and support APIs and potential for automation of granting process. Here is the first grant example http://solarcoin.org/first-us-solarcoin-grant-given-to-solarcity-customer-in-arizona/ used a verfiable meter reading link from SolarCity. As time progresses the quality and integrity of claims will increase to prevent fraud while increasing transparency.  There is a lot of work to do.  Australia, US, Germany and Italy are all in Early stages with other countries to follow and publicly visible database of grants tied to blockchain messages."

The potential is there for Solarcoin to implement Etherium to help this process. 

Thank you. I wonder is Nick mining solarcoins? He must have a nice rig setup.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jepistons

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 04:05:51 AM
Last edit: April 21, 2014, 03:59:50 PM by jepistons

I truly belive this coin will be one of the top coins to surive if saving power is the true goal how come it hasnt been switch to a difrrent algo like x11 or groestl ? As of right now scrypt use more power which in this case make more carbon waste... solar coin is suppose to be Environmentally friendly which at the current rate it's not. Low power/heat is the true goal so hopefully the Nick or dev can share more light on this even if we have to cause a fork to make it happen
see link on power consumption https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=538315.0;all comment and share your thoughts please
105 Million SolarCoins (0.1%) to be publicly mined over the next 4 years on scrypt?Huh way to much carbon dioxide (CO2),
Vexatious

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 11:02:46 AM

I truly belive this coin will be one of the top coins to surive if saving power is the true goal how come it hasnt been switch to a difrrent algo like x11 or groestl ? As of right now scrypt use more power which in this case make more carbon waste... solar coin is suppose to be Environmentally friendly which at the current rate it's not. Low power/heat is the true goal so hopefully the Nick or dev can share more light on this even if we have to cause a fork to make it happen
see link on power consumption https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=538315.0;all comment and share your thoughts please
105 Million SolarCoins (0.1%) to be publicly mined over the next 40 years on scrypt?Huh way to much carbon dioxide (CO2),

The mining for those 105 million will effectively be over in 4-5 years, see this chart:

In fact, half of those mined coins will be distributed by the end of this year!  Shocked The transaction network in place when that time comes should indeed be more energy efficient though, I completely agree.

BTC Address: 1LKrhNXUDBZANdtqzE3Au9xjFHVCADfc9S
SolarCoin address: 8dDpPHrRBedyWBzxvbXD3paGkDjJkPRN2i
jepistons

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 03:59:31 PM

Indeed thanks for the correction  Grin
themeco

Activity: 71

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 02:33:48 PM

105 Million SolarCoins (0.1%) to be publicly mined over the next 4 years on scrypt?Huh way to much carbon dioxide (CO2),

From what I'm aware of x11 will be ASIC resistant, don't know much about groestl. Later this year scrypt asics will likely appear which will reduce power consumption some for those using them. Will changing to something like x11 actually reduce carbon emissons over 5 years? I guess its hard to say for sure.

deathmul

Activity: 472

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 08:01:12 PM

We should change Algo to x11 or x13. Lower power usage, lower CO2 emission, less enviroment harmless.

jepistons

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 04:51:14 AM

Been making comments so its really up to the dev to make the last call
samsmith16

Activity: 490

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 04:34:25 PM

x11 has a few things that put me off if you could please clear them up its been sometime since I looked in to it.

1. No cgminer support for the Nvidia miners not sure if ccminer fix this yet or how easy it is....

2. Its only ASIC resistant not proof, and only resistant until a team develops an x11 ASIC (higher cost)

3. What about the possibility of a dual purpose solar meter, which is an IP meter and ASIC miner to mined the network once we are left mining for only transaction fee. I know a few teams in talks about developing meters

4. We have all seen the pictures floating around with the solar powered ASIC miners

The way I look at ASIC is soon enough the cost of them will drop and everyone will have them in devices not even thought of today (solar panel on your car mining Solarcoin while you drive down the road). Would I love mining to stay on my personal computer, with miners needing to at least know how to write a .bat file YES!! However I felt the same way about *BBS's back in the AOL days and now the internet can be accessed with my houses thermostat. I hate to say it but Scrypt mining with an ASIC is power efficient.

I may be wrong with this whole thing would love to hear your thoughts?

* not belittling people but it stands for (Bulletin Board Service) and it was the internet before the Internet
Also back then no one "Elite" would even look twice at an Apple product (because we felt it put people on a computer that didn't know what they were doing). We wanted people to earn the right to use a computer like we did. I only bring this up because, things change I now check my mining pool stats with my iPhone.     

Royalties
pays interest on Term Deposits up to 15%!! Yes even Cold Storage!!
fabula

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 05:06:33 PM

x11 has a few things that put me off if you could please clear them up its been sometime since I looked in to it.

1. No cgminer support for the Nvidia miners not sure if ccminer fix this yet or how easy it is....

2. Its only ASIC resistant not proof, and only resistant until a team develops an x11 ASIC (higher cost)

3. What about the possibility of a dual purpose solar meter, which is an IP meter and ASIC miner to mined the network once we are left mining for only transaction fee. I know a few teams in talks about developing meters

4. We have all seen the pictures floating around with the solar powered ASIC miners

The way I look at ASIC is soon enough the cost of them will drop and everyone will have them in devices not even thought of today (solar panel on your car mining Solarcoin while you drive down the road). Would I love mining to stay on my personal computer, with miners needing to at least know how to write a .bat file YES!! However I felt the same way about *BBS's back in the AOL days and now the internet can be accessed with my houses thermostat. I hate to say it but Scrypt mining with an ASIC is power efficient.

I may be wrong with this whole thing would love to hear your thoughts?

* not belittling people but it stands for (Bulletin Board Service) and it was the internet before the Internet
Also back then no one "Elite" would even look twice at an Apple product (because we felt it put people on a computer that didn't know what they were doing). We wanted people to earn the right to use a computer like we did. I only bring this up because, things change I now check my mining pool stats with my iPhone.     

Thinking to wait some months and check how market will move about asic.
You could buy 30 of this gridsee or a knc scrypt miner of 250mh, but if then all crypto change algorytm in x11,scrypt-jane or n-factor you just loose your money.

So, better to wait and no rush, cause market now is in a "Stall phase" Noone crypto is profitable right now, and 99% of new crypto cames out all with same dev's Statement "Long Term  Investment".

Hold on your money for some months and wait. We will see after summer what's going on.

vipgelsi
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 03:29:45 AM

Guys this is like gettin in on apple in the 80's

This coin could make us all very wealthy lets hope it works out we are getting in on the ground floor.

Imagine every block u find being worth $2000 one day. Cool
Tuck Fheman

Activity: 363

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2014, 04:36:28 AM

Guys this is like gettin in on apple in the 80's

This coin could make us all very wealthy lets hope it works out we are getting in on the ground floor.

Imagine every block u find being worth $2000 one day. Cool

More like $20-$40, but I like your number better. Wink

deathmul

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 09:50:15 AM

What's going on with price?

fabula

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 11:24:13 AM

Dumped! Maybe some miners cash they solarcoin.
vipgelsi
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 12:54:41 PM

Dumped! Maybe some miners cash they solarcoin.

just picked up 17,200 solarcoins for .0053 cents each.

This is a low risk high reward situation.

in 4 years when the block reward is down 6.25 solarcoins a minute do you guys still think it will trade at under a half of a cent?
deathmul

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 05:01:47 PM

Dev, any news?

Vexatious

Activity: 119

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 06:33:45 PM

Dev, any news?

News would be welcome at this point...  Huh

BTC Address: 1LKrhNXUDBZANdtqzE3Au9xjFHVCADfc9S
SolarCoin address: 8dDpPHrRBedyWBzxvbXD3paGkDjJkPRN2i
fabula

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 08:01:58 PM

What do you wanna know by dev?
It's quite simple for me.
SLR are a looooong term investment.
They will rise much slowly starting from next year when mining will be harder.

So, forget about slr for this year. If you got some and you believe in them,you have to have faith in them.

Now, slr are not the most profitable coin,and you can see, is one of the worst.

But think such an investment way and look on other cryptos.

Remember one year and and half ago, YBC, 0.002 per coin.
Now more than 1usd each.

Make a cold storage of yout wallet, make multiple backup every months, change often your passphrase and have patience.

Smiley

vipgelsi
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:53:55 AM

So, forget about slr for this year. If you got some and you believe in them,you have to have faith in them.

Now more than 1usd each.

Make a cold storage of yout wallet, make multiple backup every months, change often your passphrase and have patience.

Smiley

If I have my coins in cold storage do I still need to make a backup every few months and how would I since they where never on my PC to begin with?
fabula

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 08:12:55 AM

Now more than 1usd each.

Smiley

If I have my coins in cold storage do I still need to make a backup every few months and how would I since they where never on my PC to begin with?

http://dustin.io/2013/12/setting-up-cold-storage-and-active-storage-litecoin-wallets/

It works as well for slr. Smiley
vipgelsi
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:27:22 PM

Now more than 1usd each.

Smiley

http://dustin.io/2013/12/setting-up-cold-storage-and-active-storage-litecoin-wallets/

It works as well for slr. Smiley

Thank you good reading.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 86 »
  Print  

Jump to: