Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:46:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin - PoW reward for solar energy | the GREEN KING of Crypto  (Read 138363 times)
mazzaneo

Activity: 300
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 10:41:30 PM

Agreed, option B

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Your Digital Network | 10MB Blocks
Algo: XEVAN | DK3 | Masternodes
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
CoinPayments | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sylph93

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 11:21:53 PM

Option B!!!

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
passionsurf

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 11:33:02 PM

So far, it sounds like the B's have it.
If we go with option B, can we vote on how quickly to drop the block reward, or has that already been decided?
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 11:40:05 PM

Option b
danel

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 11:44:47 PM

I definitely choose Option B also, much better if would be implemented immediately. Great things coming for SLR.  Smiley
passionsurf

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 11:48:40 PM

If we go with option B, can we vote on how quickly to drop the block reward, or has that already been decided?

... for example, I might suggest dropping the block reward by 10 or 20 SLR per day, instead of the 1 or 3 SLR per day that was previously discussed.
freebird

Activity: 414

Freedom through Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 01:14:56 AM

... for example, I might suggest dropping the block reward by 10 or 20 SLR per day, instead of the 1 or 3 SLR per day that was previously discussed.

I think it's better to stick with -3 per day since that means it will get to 1 in a little over a month, which is around the time when we should be ready for fork #2. We don't want the reward to be sitting at 1 per block for a long time, since we don't really know how quickly price will go up and whether enough miners will be willing to mine at such a low reward for a long time.

Grantcoin: Currency with a Conscience. Distributed as charitable grants by a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit organization. Learn more at Grantcoin.org
corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 02:25:12 AM

I think it's better to stick with -3 per day since that means it will get to 1 in a little over a month, which is around the time when we should be ready for fork #2. We don't want the reward to be sitting at 1 per block for a long time, since we don't really know how quickly price will go up and whether enough miners will be willing to mine at such a low reward for a long time.

I have enough, I'd toss a good 5.2 mh on it even at 1 coin per block reward. Just for kicks. Cheesy

freebird

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 02:47:10 AM

I have enough, I'd toss a good 5.2 mh on it even at 1 coin per block reward. Just for kicks. Cheesy

Awesome. Grin And hopefully by that time the coin will be worth several thousand satoshis anyway, unless a bunch of big holders dump coins on the way up (which is possible, but hopefully not too much). I guess we'll find out soon enough, as the consensus is for Option B. So we're gonna go ahead with the two-fork plan. I talked with the developer this evening and we're good to go... probably about a week before fork #1 will happen. So everybody get their rigs ready and mine the hell out of it while you still can. The era of cheap SLR may soon be over.  Wink

Grantcoin: Currency with a Conscience. Distributed as charitable grants by a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit organization. Learn more at Grantcoin.org
vipgelsi
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 03:18:13 AM

Freebird thanks!  Also i will not be dumping unless we hit $20.00  Grin
LuckyKey

Activity: 368

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 03:22:19 AM

+ 1 Freebird

+ 1 vipgelsi

Grin
passionsurf

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 03:36:47 AM

+ 1 Freebird

+ 1 vipgelsi

Grin

exciting times ahead  Grin Grin Grin
Epiphany

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 09:47:45 AM

Just to reiterate my long held view and position, I will sell some around $1 so I can get rid of some fiat debt but I intend to keep the majority of mine to help achieve the overall mission of amping up solar adoption through the SolarCoin value incentives in the coming years. I actually believe this will be the coin that helps humanity get through some pretty rough times ahead. That's my mission and I've chosen to accept it. Smiley

I will admit though, when we do reach those values of $20+, I'll be privately interested to see how I deal with the spectre of greed because it will likely be hounding me ad nauseum when that time comes. I've never really had to face it directly in my lifetime so I do expect it to be a challenge. But it has been the selfishness and greed of individuals over the past few hundred years that have put the planet in the position we now face, I'd like to think I can rise above that for a higher purpose but I can't honestly say what my choices will be when it comes right down to it. I understand that SolarCoin on its own isn't enough to eliminate our dependence on fossil fuels quickly enough to fix things but I do believe it has the power as a currency to put a pretty big dent in it over the coming years. I want to always be part of the new solar economy for the world because that will happen, it has to.

Bitcoin:     17tzgWkXMBazch4koAhokMTcCtbc4TaYkE
Ether:        0xfe700f4aeec47e52eafad00f81977bb89738e0ae
​SolarCoin: 8MDk963sEh7RCMo3y3st7hTzMs7FzSdWSx
Dogecoin: DEgdH6CFTLSEeVVPqfE18ySCQqDWmLxp33
LuckyKey

Activity: 368

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 11:43:08 AM

Just to reiterate my long held view and position, I will sell some around $1 so I can get rid of some fiat debt but I intend to keep the majority of mine to help achieve the overall mission of amping up solar adoption through the SolarCoin value incentives in the coming years. I actually believe this will be the coin that helps humanity get through some pretty rough times ahead. That's my mission and I've chosen to accept it. Smiley

I will admit though, when we do reach those values of $20+, I'll be privately interested to see how I deal with the spectre of greed because it will likely be hounding me ad nauseum when that time comes. I've never really had to face it directly in my lifetime so I do expect it to be a challenge. But it has been the selfishness and greed of individuals over the past few hundred years that have put the planet in the position we now face, I'd like to think I can rise above that for a higher purpose but I can't honestly say what my choices will be when it comes right down to it. I understand that SolarCoin on its own isn't enough to eliminate our dependence on fossil fuels quickly enough to fix things but I do believe it has the power as a currency to put a pretty big dent in it over the coming years. I want to always be part of the new solar economy for the world because that will happen, it has to.

+ 1

As a whole, we're always slow to realize what has to happen, and greed in general (the needy oil consumers) plays the biggest role.  I agree totally, that it has to happen, and the focus will become stronger in the years to come. If the foundation outreach and ingenuity takes place, there will definitely be great things for solarcoin!  Grin

Crypto Trader

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 12:22:06 PM

I vote for option B  Smiley
vipgelsi
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 04:56:39 PM

allcrypt    SolarCoin - MARKET DISABLED    Huh
freebird

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 05:50:51 PM

It's been like that for a couple days. They were having some problem with the SLR wallets since a couple weeks ago and it seems they decided to shut down trading of our currency until they can fix it I guess. The problem is on their end. I'm able to withdraw SLR from my account there, so at least that works.

Might as well trade on Bittrex. That's where most of the SLR volume is now anyway.

passionsurf

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 09:30:50 PM

It's been like that for a couple days. They were having some problem with the SLR wallets since a couple weeks ago and it seems they decided to shut down trading of our currency until they can fix it I guess. The problem is on their end. I'm able to withdraw SLR from my account there, so at least that works.

Might as well trade on Bittrex. That's where most of the SLR volume is now anyway.

good thing bittrex didn't delist us!
vipgelsi
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 12:24:27 PM

allcrypt back online  Smiley
freebird

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 01:12:56 AM

Since the ultimate goal is PoS, why favor Option 1 over Option 3?

I vote Option 3, unless for some reason people think Option 1 would lead to a larger price rise.

Option 1 or 1B would produce a couple million fewer coins into circulation, so the price might rise a bit faster and higher. But I don't think it would be a big difference. We might have 33 million coins in circulation when we switch to PoS instead of 35 million, something like that. About 5-10% fewer coins.

Option 3 might give us a somewhat better chance of persuading pools to switch to the fork. But I don't know enough about how pools operate to have an informed opinion about those prospects. Anyone want to weigh in that?

Instead of persuading pools, why don't we setup our own Solarcoin pool with 0 pool fee ? It cant be so hard. If there someone experienced about pool setup, I can provide a server on azure.

I assume you mean for the purposes of forking the coin successfully once the algorithm is done?

Yes exactly.

We can start trying build a pool fot the current algorithm and when the new one is ready, replace it.

Finally I managed to setup a Solarcoin Pool  Grin Grin Grin

I am mining there now and testing block finds and payments. This pool is mostly for learning purposes. When the new source code available, I will update it. If the big pools refuses to upgrade, we can use this pool. If needed, I can give administrator user and passwords to the Solarcoin Board.

It uses a medium size server with 2 cores and 3.5GB ram. I can easily upgrade server later.

http://slrpool.cloudapp.net/MPOS/public/index.php

Is this pool still working? If so, should we use it as a place where our community of miners can mine the fork when it's ready?

Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 »
  Print  

Jump to: