Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:55:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Miners  (Read 64061 times)
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 02:24:41 AM

They should be open tomorrow night(For us in Hawaii)... the phone will be on fire, rest assured.

wwin...  What is your malfunction? he did the same with knc...  and if someone can vette this out for us, it's him,
so go easy, will ya? Cypher has done myads of posts here helping the community, and went out of his way to attend functions to share the experience with us... (stockholm, and bitcoin expo london)and here comes your noob ass with this?

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
mauiflipper

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 02:29:01 AM

Yeah, hang on a minute. You added that eBay screenshot after I responded.

I thought you sold them with the buy-it-now option as you stated.

Both Neptunes sold in about a minute on ebay. Thank you.

And

Both Neptunes sold in about a minute on ebay. Thank you.

Do you mind sharing the price you sold them for?
Also how do you handle the trust issue?
How do you make the buyer trust you that you will ship the miners after you receive them?

Thank you.

$16,500 and I think I was too low.  I didn't do an auction.  Just buy now button. 

I did, but I added the button after my initial setup as an auction.  You can add it at any time.  Buy it now is working better for me.  I don't like the auction either when I am a buyer.  It's annoying.
Gamer67

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 02:30:25 AM

Well I hope it all works out. I would love to eat my words if this turns out to be true but there are just too many unanswered questions right now. Shame I don't live in the UK anymore. I lived in East Sussex which is not too far from them. I would have taken a ride over there and done the dirty work. Funnily enough I have some past experience with CMS as I purchased a Vigor router from them (online) about 5 years ago. Not in the same league as this of course and they were only the distributor of them.

"I am not Dorian Nakamoto."
The Avenger

Activity: 798

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 02:33:27 AM

Well I hope it all works out. I would love to eat my words if this turns out to be true but there are just too many unanswered questions right now. Shame I don't live in the UK anymore. I lived in East Sussex which is not too far from them. I would have taken a ride over there and done the dirty work. Funnily enough I have some past experience with CMS as I purchased a Vigor router from them (online) about 5 years ago. Not in the same league as this of course and they were only the distributor of them.
I think CMS aren't going to know anything about this, no point giving them a hard time. Someone has used their details to conduct this scam and we know at least one person has bought into it  Undecided

If anyone phones them, please be polite, as they probably know nothing.

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
mauiflipper

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 02:35:49 AM

I have no doubt that CMS is a real company and has been shipping products for many years.  Their products are everywhere:

http://www.aitch8.com/H8/Purchase.html
http://www.electronicsarena.co.uk/companies/cambridge-microprocessor-systems-ltd/products/mesh8-embedded-controller
http://www.applegate.co.uk/b2b-products-services/d4abbcdc6a705b46e043e064a8c02f26.html
http://www.findtheneedle.co.uk/companies/cambridge-microprocessor-systems-ltd
http://www.hellotrade.com/suppliers?ss=embedded+controllers

So, the Fab facility Location is not that importnant to me. The real question is: Is CTS Miner really part of CMS? The data points suggest it is, but you are right that it is not 100%.  For me it is 95%.

BTW, NO I am not posting my bitcoin transactions, so stop asking.  It has nothing to do with whether CTS Miner is legit or not.  This is not about me.  It's about sharing information with the community for the benefit of all.  We all want to profit from mining and we are trying to help each other to do that.  So, if you are not going to help, just read the information and decide for your self.  Maybe even do a little of your own research.
davebodger

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 02:36:29 AM

Dooh!, OK, time for me to speak up now you guys have made it pretty obvious it's a complete scam, they got me hook line and sinker.

I was working on something else at the time and, distracted, I didn't do enough due-dilligence. No excuse really.
I missed the bit where they claimed their chips were made in-house.
I knew nobody in the UK fabs 20nm - in the UK. That would have rung big alarm bells with me.

If you want a bitcoin address to chase, I've put the one I sent coins to below. For what it's worth.

Hopefully a minimum of people will have been got by this thanks to your detective work.

It's the first time I've been scammed over the internet and I will try to make sure it's my last.

Code:
View Order

Order #CTS-75 made on January 24, 2014. Order status: processing.

Order Updates

Friday 24th of January 2014, 11:59am

Dear David,

Thank you for your payment for order #CTS-75.
 Your pre-order has been confirmed in our system and will ship the week beginning 7th April 2014.

We will update you via email with all progress to the products and thank you very much for placing your pre-order with us.

Kind regards,
 The CTS Miner Sales Team

Friday 24th of January 2014, 11:24am

Dear David,

Thank you for your order.
 Please make payment of 9.52889160 BTC to Bitcoin wallet: 12215C29Z1cJYKyGfni9kMTfV4WG7M2b7T as soon as possible to avoid your order being cancelled.

Your space will be held in the queue for 2 hours after your order has been placed and if bitcoin payment is not received within 2 hours, your order will be regrettably cancelled, you will lose your place in the queue and will need to re-place your order.

If for any reason you cannot make payment within 2 hours, please contact sales@ctsminer.com and we will be happy to discuss your order with you.

Kind regards,
 The CTS Miner Sales Team

Order Details

Product

Total

Cart Subtotal:

฿7,500.00

Shipping:

Free Worldwide Shipping

Order Total:

฿7,500.00

If you think I deserve it - BTC always welcome - 14GkxT2xcpgvGVBgMjtGeFiXrxnttBSRRF
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 02:36:56 AM

I think CMS aren't going to know anything about this, no point giving them a hard time. Someone has used their details to conduct this scam and we know at least one person has bought into it  Undecided

If anyone phones them, please be polite, as they probably know nothing.
For once..... I agree with you...   if that's the case

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
CYPER

Activity: 812
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 02:39:19 AM

Btw who made the connection between CTS and CMS?
Was it Rebecca or someone here?
The Avenger

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 02:40:34 AM

Dooh!, OK, time for me to speak up now you guys have made it pretty obvious it's a complete scam, they got me hook line and sinker.
-snip-
14 seconds after they got it, it moved
Final Balance    0 BTC
:/

"I am not The Avenger"
SantaMuerte

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 02:43:35 AM

I was working on something else at the time and, distracted, I didn't do enough due-dilligence. No excuse really.
I knew nobody in the UK fabs 20nm - in the UK. That would have rung big alarm bells with me.

If you want a bitcoin address to chase, I've put the one I sent coins to below. For what it's worth.

Hopefully a minimum of people will have been got by this thanks to your detective work.

It's the first time I've been scammed over the internet and I will try to make sure it's my last.

Code:
View Order

Order Updates

Dear David,

Your pre-order has been confirmed in our system and will ship the week beginning 7th April 2014.

We will update you via email with all progress to the products and thank you very much for placing your pre-order with us.

Kind regards,
 The CTS Miner Sales Team

Dear David,

Please make payment of 9.52889160 BTC to Bitcoin wallet: 12215C29Z1cJYKyGfni9kMTfV4WG7M2b7T as soon as possible to avoid your order being cancelled.

Your space will be held in the queue for 2 hours after your order has been placed and if bitcoin payment is not received within 2 hours, your order will be regrettably cancelled, you will lose your place in the queue and will need to re-place your order.

If for any reason you cannot make payment within 2 hours, please contact sales@ctsminer.com and we will be happy to discuss your order with you.

Kind regards,
 The CTS Miner Sales Team

Order Details

Product

Total

Cart Subtotal:

฿7,500.00

Shipping:

Free Worldwide Shipping

Order Total:

฿7,500.00

http://0-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/a/image/1339/69/1339693798774.gif
Sorry for your loss.

EDIT: They have scammed 86 coins so far. https://blockchain.info/address/1MLTfBmQ42eTSG5vr4JuSqfHeG13NuygDe
Gamer67

тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 02:44:16 AM

-snip-
14 seconds after they got it, it moved
Final Balance    0 BTC
:/

Got moved into another wallet. which then has distributed payments to various other wallets.

I am no expert on tracking the blockchain but this does not look good.

https://blockchain.info/address/1MLTfBmQ42eTSG5vr4JuSqfHeG13NuygDe

mauiflipper

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 02:44:21 AM

Read the thread and most of your questions will be answered.  BUT, yes, Rebecca made the connection and I validated it to my satisfaction.  Read the thread to see my findings..
CYPER

Activity: 812
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 02:45:28 AM

Read the thread and most of your questions will be answered.  BUT, yes, Rebecca made the connection and I validated it to my satisfaction.  Read the thread to see my findings..

I have read it from post 1 to last post, but just can't remember where it got mentioned first.

I don't see where Rebecca mentions or confirms CMS being the parent company.
Gamer67

тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 02:46:49 AM

Seems as though someone at CTS has time to move BTC payments to various wallets but no time to give a simple explanation in this thread. Check times and dates

86 BTC paid in with the majority starting on the 24th. Only 14 btc left in that wallet and that is only because two transactions are confirming.

The Avenger

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 02:50:34 AM

I have read it from post 1 to last post, but just can't remember where it got mentioned first.

I don't see where Rebecca mentions or confirms CMS being the parent company.
Based on the address and mentioning zone d, I think it might have been me that put the first connection together.

But this is the email maui got from Rebecca, which makes the claim they are CMS:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=429513.msg4724043#msg4724043

"I am not The Avenger"
mauiflipper

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 02:51:55 AM

Code:
View Order

Order Updates

Dear David,

Kind regards,
 The CTS Miner Sales Team

Dear David,

Kind regards,
 The CTS Miner Sales Team

Order Details

Product

Total

Cart Subtotal:

฿7,500.00

Shipping:

Free Worldwide Shipping

Order Total:

฿7,500.00

Just because no one previously had a 20nm fab facility, does not mean that one has been built or is being built now.  Of course if one was being built it would certainly be kept secret, until the announcement.  Hopefully this can all be validated on Monday, otherwise I will be eating crow.  Rebecca did tell me (in an email) that she is putting more information together to post to ease our concerns.  I stressed to her how important it was to provide information that can be validated.  

I have never been scammed before and I have always smelled them from a mile away.  If she is a scammer, she is the best dam scammer I have ever met.  

Gamer67

тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 02:57:45 AM

I would be very worried if I paid them anything. The payments coming into them are being distributed as fast as possible. Someone clearly has their finger on the button as we speak. Keep in mind the time difference over there. They did some transfers only 30 minutes ago.

Maybe someone who is a bit better at chasing the blockchain can take a look....

SantaMuerte

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 02:59:11 AM

Code:
View Order

Order Updates

Dear David,

Kind regards,
 The CTS Miner Sales Team

Dear David,

Kind regards,
 The CTS Miner Sales Team

Order Details

Product

Total

Cart Subtotal:

฿7,500.00

Shipping:

Free Worldwide Shipping

Order Total:

฿7,500.00

Just because no one previously had a 20nm fab facility, does not mean that one has been built or is being built now.  Of course if one was being built it would certainly be kept secret, until the announcement.  Hopefully this can all be validated on Monday, otherwise I will be eating crow.  Rebecca did tell me (in an email) that she is putting more information together to post to ease our concerns.  I stressed to her how important it was to provide information that can be validated.  

I have never been scammed before and I have always smelled them from a mile away.  If she is a scammer, she is the best dam scammer I have ever met.  

Dude, you still think they´re legit? If yes, somebody please get a hold of his computer, call a relative or his wife... this man should not be allowed to handle anything above 100 USD for his own financial safety. You´re doing him a huge favor.

Check the blockchain ffs.
mauiflipper

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 02:59:52 AM

That is disconcerting, but not unheard of.
augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 03:01:28 AM

Still waiting for your proof of purchase maui. Also if you would be so kind as to post your KNC eBay sale that would go a long way to prove that you are not totally full of shit like I think you are.

Below are some pics of my orders from KNC & CTS Miner.  As well as the message from ebay. They deleted both my listing because of the 30 day policy.  I sold them both before eBay deleted them.

Don't ask me for anything else, because you are not going to get it.  If you don't believe me, I don't care.  If you think CTS is a scam, then don't buy one.  

https://i.imgur.com/lTkmJuQ.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/qO0n7B2.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ATkR4GD.jpg

BTW, I found another possible location, but it's so far from the road, that it way too blurry to read.  It looks like the CMS logo, but really hard to tell.  Look for it yourself.

What is the ID transaction for the payment you made to CTS Miners? Without this information your "pics" are meaningless and only proves you know how to use Microsoft Paint.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: