Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:46:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Miners  (Read 64023 times)
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 02:11:50 AM

If we had let them continue until the AM hours in Europe, that "Avalanche" may have been a reality, been even more disastrous, which is why we had to act so fast getting the "plug pulled".

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 02:22:56 AM

F9FOF...
Exactly what "action" are you referring to then?

they did more then the above to look into these guys...and they are the ones who after they found out it was a scam helped to shut down the host site in LA and also they (and I) we're involved in finding out the connection to www.butterflyiabs.com....

That is not true, the connection to www.butterflyiabs.com was not made by you nor any of the brothers. That can be ascertained by earlier posts.
Could you verify what you post please. First you say the scammers rented part of the building. Now you again misstate the facts. Your vouch is losing credibility very very fast.

what mistake in facts...look at the bloody address they posted...silly me i assume for a scam of this scope you needed at least a way to pick up mail to your 'legit' multi-million dollar scam....

as far as the www.butterflyiabs.com thing...i also tripped over that so as to someone else posting such....
that could be true i did not look at past posts..when we found out about the scam we looked too..and at least me (searing) tripped over the same thing in the ip address past www names on same IP

anyway that is all i know on all this running about that nite...looking at stuff AFTER THE FACT we were sure it was a scam

you can make your own conclusions....i'm not evil genius enough to run a conspiracy of swiching a dead goldfish for  a small childs goldfish that has died

just telling folks what we did as in previous posts better minds then mine will find out more in this

Searing

p.s. it is kinda cool however to be 'accused' of somehow losing crediblity and being part of a master mind criminal enterprise..my buddy here is on the floor in stiches

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 02:31:32 AM

What my brother and I really need right now is some help from some block chain sleuthers to help us find companies that the scammers ordered from.

Phoenix
1898wZEAmekD4JFNDZSz5Kvm6xujwm1DLr (44.65 btc)
1FxU9V7Jac4EBv8YNshMCZdCkpmUw7X8LX  (7.14 btc)

Maui (Daryl)
1GzBFMvgrLYZRBVrjTV431pVDwT8CJM4Ed (8.9301 btc)
19Hbw5bwag6wjHGmHPvZ1zSPdjAY9GQHoo (8.8301 btc)

Perhaps 2 of us can take 1 of the four address and follow the transactions and make a spread sheet of where it all went?

Hmmmm.

Is their posting this info evidence that they aren't involved?

Why don't you two post pictures with today's paper so we can get after the real scumbags, if they aren't you?  This is the third time I've asked.  Your ignoring that request is very suspicious.

I have to say that I tend to agree that it is COMPLETELY unbelievable that an experienced member of this forum, with knowledge of all the scams in this industry, would send off that much money without the most basic verification of this company.  They claim they sent the money on the basis of two answering machine recordings, and a few other meaningless "data points".  They said they spent 2 days validating this company.  It took me literally 2 minutes to realize this was a scam.  (I take credit for calling it a scam first, BTW).

Their early posts are exactly what you would expect from the scammers.  Attacking people that called it a scam, calling them noobs.  Saying they did due dilligence and concluded this company was legit because there were so many "data points" showing it was legit.  Saying they spent lots of BTC on their products.

They finally admit it is a scam after the website is taken down, i.e. when pushing the scam no longer could benefit the scammers.

I hate to say it guys, but until we see Phoenix and Maui smiling with today's New York Times, you be fools to assume they are not criminals doing what criminals do.  Lie their asses off.

BTW, the fact that Maui is appaently one of those guys that supposedly buys a pre-order then tries to sell it on Ebay for a big markup (when there were supposedly tons of pre-orders remaining at the list price) puts him in the scammer category in any event, IMAO, and I'm not interesting in helping him recover his BTC.

So Phoenix, if that Avatar pic is you, why not post another to prove it is in fact you?   (From a criminal, expect a rant calling me a noob, or this post to be ignored like the last two.  From an innocent person, expect a pic).

jeez you are guite the tool...

run away and upgrade your conspiracy theories someplace else.....you want proof these guys are legit...we want the same confirmation you are legit

what  have you done lately besides bash this thread on the investigation?

sheesh

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Gamer67

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 02:32:38 AM

Easy now. I would hardly call them masterminds. They picked the low hanging fruit for a quick score. Smart, clever, resourceful yes but not masterminds. Smiley

"I am not Dorian Nakamoto."
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 02:38:17 AM

While my brother was on the chat having the plug pulled, I was saving & snipping before everything disappeared. I saved every page of the website, and a copy of my transaction invoice pages, and zipped them up into a nice little folder, and have posted it on dropbox to aid in investigation. heres the link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qd08jjglb1ga17l/CTS%20website%20copy.zip

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 02:40:39 AM

Why would you send 44 BTC to a company thats not proven, that is just beyond insane

heh.....why did i give $$$ 8k to BFL last april? and they said i'd get my stuff in may 2014 and still ..(forced to upgrade to monarch due to by the time i got the 65mm stuff it would be a brick) do not have anything?...and from past performance will likely not make ROI and still be a brick?..in that BFL is always 4 months or more late?

flashy www pages....called them...email contacts.....delusion ...the glowing news articles on BFL...self or otherwise is pretty easy with bitcoin

for all we know ..the 80% of the economists who say BTC is a ponzi scheme could be right? we could all be sitting around next year going 'oops'....

i ask myself this often about BFL

(why did i go for the 'hot asic pics' when I should have invested all my $$$ in KNC with 'line drawings'....)

but the problem with the asic mnfg and pre-order is ...you have a 1 out of 5 chance of being correct and getting ROI back at best...at least that is my take on the last year..the other point you better be first in line cause everyone is late....easy to jump the gun

that and hindsight is 20/20

(ponders bfl again ...kicks doorframe)

Searing

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 02:50:59 AM

It is not unusual that even experienced miners and forum members are taking great risks at times by sending money to companies as soon as possible in order to be first simply because that's the only chance they'll get at making a profit, for all ASIC mining is a loss game by design thanks to this self perpetuating phenomenon.

yeah my only solution to the above ...besides being as skittish as a deer in headlights..is for myself ONLY FIAT ie $$$ are paid for coin or equipment...I WILL only pay BTC if I have the funds in $$$ to buy the BTC and then the equipment or whatever...and I'm holding it all in paper wallets asap going into a safe deposit box....w/instructions etc should i get hit by a truck ...this is either gonna work well...or blow up....so I'm in it for the long haul....

in my own mind losses are then justified as an investment..ie treat BTC as a stock..if you think the stock is going to go up you don't sell and buy more via equip or speculation on such ... BTC as such ..if it all goes boom...well you took $$$ and in your own mind bought a stock that went boom

to take BTC i've mined or bought to speculate beyond that (in equipment or gh cloud mining or whatever)

is just plain too scary

I can live with the loss if BTC goes boom....or I mess up and send my BTC to the wrong wallet and make some guy in sudan very happy or whatever.....as long as I treat it as an investment of $$$ on return in the future...buy speculating that acculated BTC on future growth in minng equip or whatever..ie i run for the hills asap

so there are mistakes I can accept and mistakes that would freak me out in hindsight (alas bfl order last april)

it is enough for me just to bet on BTC beyond that ...well....we also serve BTC who  hold and quiver/skulk/stay to the underbrush in a gerbil like fashion

Searing

forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 02:57:00 AM

so this ended as badass scam? how much total did they make lol

yolo
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 03:03:02 AM

so this ended as badass scam? how much total did they make lol

er there is an address for them in the thread (I'm not on the computer i bookmarked it to)

hopefully someone else will read our posts and repost it

or just go back a page or two

last i looked yesterday it was 144 BTC could have been more but complaining got the host site to pull it

otherwise i think they would have gotten a flood of BTC..due to the fact ..i would imagine (if was www.ctsminer.com)
my next move would be to post the 'legit' people who paid in BTC to attract even more fish..the whole how many units..
your place in line how many are left etc

(hmmm... crap i guess i could become a criminal matermind)

anyway that and the combo of this thread etc would have been my next step

if they would have got that far .they would have really sucked us out of BTC

enough legit people like phoenix1969 and others jumping on the train they may have gotten me too

Searing

Bhosted

Activity: 328
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 03:21:06 AM

OK so what I don't get is how there can be so many smart people who are able to mass wealth from Bitcoin and with the first pretty and shinny new wagon that comes by jump on it so fast. Funny thing is it only took you less then two days to figure out it was a scam. I may not have cutting edge miners but I buy from who has shipped. 4 TH of antminers and Avalon. and yes one 600 GH KNC.
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 03:22:12 AM

OK so what I don't get is how there can be so many smart people who are able to mass wealth from Bitcoin and with the first pretty and shinny new wagon that comes by jump on it so fast. Funny thing is it only took you less then two days to figure out it was a scam. I may not have cutting edge miners but I buy from who has shipped. 4 TH of antminers and Avalon. and yes one 600 GH KNC.
took me five seconds to figure out it was a scam. I didn't realize others wouldn't believe me.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 03:26:15 AM

took me five seconds to figure out it was a scam. I didn't realize others wouldn't believe me.

well for superman it was kryptonite ...for some people it is flashy miners....

we all have our kryptonite

In my case it would be a hot 19 yr old stripper saying she likes middle aged men with bitcoin (ah what a way to get scammed)

Searing

Bhosted

Activity: 328
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 03:30:27 AM

well for superman it was kryptonite ...for some people it is flashy miners....

we all have our kryptonite

In my case it would be a hot 19 yr old stripper saying she likes middle aged men with bitcoin (ah what a way to get scammed)

Searing

Well I hope everyone the best. Just buy a Neptune . Slow to ship but at least you know they are coming. OR http://www.blackarrowsoftware.com/store/prospero-x-3.html

I have only bought KNC never from blackarrow but I bet they come out before KNC
wwwin

Activity: 447

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 04:02:05 AM
Last edit: January 28, 2014, 04:28:41 AM by wwwin

F9FOF...
Exactly what "action" are you referring to then?

they did more then the above to look into these guys...and they are the ones who after they found out it was a scam helped to shut down the host site in LA and also they (and I) we're involved in finding out the connection to www.butterflyiabs.com....

That is not true, the connection to www.butterflyiabs.com was not made by you nor any of the brothers. That can be ascertained by earlier posts.
Could you verify what you post please. First you say the scammers rented part of the building. Now you again misstate the facts. Your vouch is losing credibility very very fast.

what mistake in facts...look at the bloody address they posted...silly me i assume for a scam of this scope you needed at least a way to pick up mail to your 'legit' multi-million dollar scam....

as far as the www.butterflyiabs.com thing...i also tripped over that so as to someone else posting such....
that could be true i did not look at past posts..when we found out about the scam we looked too..and at least me (searing) tripped over the same thing in the ip address past www names on same IP

anyway that is all i know on all this running about that nite...looking at stuff AFTER THE FACT we were sure it was a scam

you can make your own conclusions....i'm not evil genius enough to run a conspiracy of swiching a dead goldfish for  a small childs goldfish that has died

just telling folks what we did as in previous posts better minds then mine will find out more in this

Searing

p.s. it is kinda cool however to be 'accused' of somehow losing crediblity and being part of a master mind criminal enterprise..my buddy here is on the floor in stiches

nobody is accusing you of being part of a master mind criminal enterprise...but thinking that in this type of scam they would actually rent a physical factory to collect mail as you say is very very silly...perhaps as silly as buying from these scammers.
On another note, don't continually pat yourself in the back and your "buddy" implying that it was you that stopped this from going further. Had it not been for Augusto and some of the others that DID THE ONLY REAL INVESTIGATIVE WORK , your "buddy" and his "brother" would still be pumping this scam, no doubt, as they tried to refute each and every posting pointing out that this was a scam until the heat was too much,...people that actually have read the thread from the beginning know what went on, so don't try to change history for people that have not read the thread from the beginning. 
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 04:11:50 AM

rule #4 from the how to be a scammer handbook - let noobs defend you/donate to your relief fund

rule #5 - demand proof of guilt where none (or only tonnes of circumstancial) is available, then get shitty/shirty etc with the accusers. (aka - play the victim)

come on edgar, don't make yourself look like a dumb ass

what's your problem, go back and read your own posts..  your not coming across as a smart guy and you've been a member here for a while.

get yourself a miner do something different that just picking on people

i may well be a dumbass, and an opportunist - but im not a liar & i have no need to prove otherwise (in case you are simple, its not me defending my honour/integrity so point your energy toward the subject/s at hand....dumbass

thx for your concern, i have plenty of miners, so i guess that part of your pointlessness remains pointless as well.....merv

People are entitled to their opinion. These 'guys' are the ones that thought this was real without any real investigation, and now they and their gang of dupes are telling people to shut up or help....

Also - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=429513.msg4786914#msg4786914

EIGHT PAGES OF SCAM SCAM SCAM & then you throw 50-60-80-1000 BTC at them, and then dare to call US noobs...

superman? kryptonite? wtf???

thx for 'pulling the plug' & protecting us hawaii guys (and peetie), u saved us all...

up, up & awayyyyyyy!!!
wwwin

Activity: 447

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 04:34:02 AM
Last edit: January 28, 2014, 05:16:19 AM by wwwin

rule #4 from the how to be a scammer handbook - let noobs defend you/donate to your relief fund

rule #5 - demand proof of guilt where none (or only tonnes of circumstancial) is available, then get shitty/shirty etc with the accusers. (aka - play the victim)

come on edgar, don't make yourself look like a dumb ass

what's your problem, go back and read your own posts..  your not coming across as a smart guy and you've been a member here for a while.

get yourself a miner do something different that just picking on people

i may well be a dumbass, and an opportunist - but im not a liar & i have no need to prove otherwise (in case you are simple, its not me defending my honour/integrity so point your energy toward the subject/s at hand....dumbass

thx for your concern, i have plenty of miners, so i guess that part of your pointlessness remains pointless as well.....merv

People are entitled to their opinion. These 'guys' are the ones that thought this was real without any real investigation, and now they and their gang of dupes are telling people to shut up or help....

Also - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=429513.msg4786914#msg4786914

EIGHT PAGES OF SCAM SCAM SCAM & then you throw 50-60-80-1000 BTC at them, and then dare to call US noobs...

superman? kryptonite? wtf???

thx for 'pulling the plug' & protecting us hawaii guys (and peetie), u saved us all...

up, up & awayyyyyyy!!!

Really, after 17 pages of SCAM SCAM alerts, and continuous attempts by the "bros" to discredit the posters pointing the scam, Hawaii Five-0 saves the world from scammers. Detective Steve McGarrett (Jack Lord) must be cringing is his tomb.
Here is flipper, no pun intended, on page 17 showing pictures of the physical address.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=429513.msg4740873#msg4740873

Hawaii Five-0
Season 1, Episode 2: “Ohana”
Steve McGarrett: This is densely layered ballistic glass, laminated onto a shield of resilient polycarbonate.
Danny “Danno” Williams: Why can't you just say "bulletproof?"

bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 05:06:56 AM

What my brother and I really need right now is some help from some block chain sleuthers to help us find companies that the scammers ordered from.

Phoenix

Maui (Daryl)

Perhaps 2 of us can take 1 of the four address and follow the transactions and make a spread sheet of where it all went?

Idiot scammer

Seems like criminals always come back to the scene of the crime.

AussiePete

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 05:37:12 AM

Dear Edgar

Thanks for all of you encouragement and kind words . You have been a real plus to this forum . Your probably the smartest and most generous person here , always helping out , giving people such insightful advice .

The amount of people who have come out to support your cause and defend your reputation , speaks for it self ........I could hardly believe you had so many friends .

I apolagise for any critical thing Ive ever said to you ...........You are the man .   A  21st century Guru .............How did you get so smart and   incitefull .

With so much discernment happening ..........did you pick up my sarcasm ?

Ya Tosser

Keep up the Hate ............You make me chuckle

raskul

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 06:06:38 AM

(hmmm... crap i guess i could become a criminal matermind)

Searing

I VERY MUCH DOUBT IT....

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 06:08:45 AM

Phoenix

Maui (Daryl)

Idiot scammer

Seems like criminals always come back to the scene of the crime.
Hey... While you're calling my brother and and I idiots and criminals,
You care showing all of us where I or my brother ever recommended these folks to anyone?
You can't, because we didn't.

People dead set on wasting time with this simple bullshit is giving the true criminals an even better chance of getting off scott free.
It makes me wonder what your motives are exactly... like YOU might work for these scammers!
The only way to catch these guys is to track the money. I've offered a 50% reward for any and all of my btc for the successful aid in recovering any of our btc. We're talking about a large sum of money, over 69 bitcoin 

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: