Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:35:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Miners  (Read 64023 times)
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 11:50:43 AM

there's no way he can hack into this forum to obtain user's IP addresses.

I hope you're joking, or just seriously misinformed. SMF has more holes than Swiss cheese.

[Facepalm] SMF is not a perfect forum software, but hacking it's user tables where IP data lays is very, very, hard. Last time it was done few months ago forum was down for a whole week, and if Observer did something similar you and me wouldn't be able to write all this. Observer is a troll, and why he wrote that bullshit he wrote is another question.
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nytrolic

Activity: 165
Merit: 10

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 12:07:44 PM

It's stored in the members table in plain text, it really doesn't take much to get hold of it

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
Starscream

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 12:08:28 PM

I hope you're joking, or just seriously misinformed. SMF has more holes than Swiss cheese.

[Facepalm] SMF is not a perfect forum software, but hacking it's user tables where IP data lays is very, very, hard. Last time it was done few months ago forum was down for a whole week, and if Observer did something similar you and me wouldn't be able to write all this. Observer is a troll, and why he wrote that bullshit he wrote is another question.

What? Have you ever been a forum admin? Cause I have, and you don't have to hack the DB to see users IP. Any admin with the right permissions can see it via his UI, and The Observer said he brute forced into cpanel so I can't see how is hacking the DB relevant at all here.
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 12:23:55 PM

What? Have you ever been a forum admin? Cause I have, and you don't have to hack the DB to see users IP. Any admin with the right permissions can see it via his UI, and The Observer said he brute forced into cpanel so I can't see how is hacking the DB relevant at all here.

This.

I asked a few days ago for the mod to do just what Observer did but he didn't have access..  the admin does but we know he is what he is (not giving a fuck)

There are some very naive people trying to defend the scammer here which further reinforces this forum has not been strip mined of all its foolish money and there is still fertile ground for future scams

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
itod
Legendary

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 12:38:57 PM

Just to prove Observer is bluffing, I authorize him to post here my IP. If he found all IP addresses of forum members, then he found mine also. Won't report him and I will apologize to him if he can prove he has done what he claims.

Distracting people from finding real scammers is pissing me off.
DPoS

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 12:42:57 PM

hate to point it out to you but the thread was started by rebecca..ie the scammmer

so yeah i think it is likely the scammer is on this thread...at one time..

but why the scammer would be on the thread once the deed was done and btc scammed is stupid

if the FBI is looking at stuff on this ..they would look here first ..(big if it is likely just a file on hd someplace lost in gov't forever)

sheesh

Searing

There is a psychology lesson you are pointing out, nothing more.  Some people rather think with emotions than logic. It makes them feel better to be part of a team without having to question loyalty over and over.

I do not look forward to the endless references you will put in all your posts reflecting on how you can't trust anyone anymore once you finally see the light on this. Just like you include your past rash of BFL infection over and over.

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
DPoS

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 12:44:05 PM

Just to prove Observer is bluffing, I authorize him to post here my IP. Won't report him and I will apologize to him if he can prove he has done what he claims.

Distracting people from finding real scammers is pissing me off.

You are an idiot.. naive dumbfucks that can't see simple scam behavior is pissing me off

we even?

itod
Legendary

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 12:47:06 PM

You are an idiot.. naive dumbfucks that can't see simple scam behavior is pissing me off

we even?

We'll see who's an idiot when Observer comes online. He either has mine, and yours, and everyone else's IP or he hasn't. If he doesn't post my IP will you apologize to me?
The Avenger

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 01:24:14 PM

CTSMiner_Rebecca is active today, about 20 minutes ago!  SHE is reading up to see if anyone is any closer to catching HIM. S/He is probably quite amused to see lots of in-fighting and squabbling drowning this thread.

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 01:52:13 PM

Observers post and explanation sounds like the most plausible one. It ties together quite a few loose ends and answers a few questions that have either gone unanswered or been answered with illogical responses.

Please, do not trust in any information coming from that forum user. At this point it is obvious he/she is providing false information. He/she alleged that he/she was able to trace the blockchain transactions to Antminer. It turn out to be a lie. Now he/she is telling that he/she was able to access the administration panel of the forum. This is likely another lie.

Roll Eyes
raskul

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 02:10:50 PM

Observers post and explanation sounds like the most plausible one. It ties together quite a few loose ends and answers a few questions that have either gone unanswered or been answered with illogical responses.

Please, do not trust in any information coming from that forum user. At this point it is obvious he/she is providing false information. He/she alleged that he/she was able to trace the blockchain transactions to Antminer. It turn out to be a lie. Now he/she is telling that he/she was able to access the administration panel of the forum. This is likely another lie.

Roll Eyes

http://FACEPALM

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 02:29:45 PM

notice how the 'victims' have managed to STFU while they work out what to do next....
wwwin

Activity: 447

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 02:56:26 PM
Last edit: January 29, 2014, 03:48:11 PM by wwwin

Awesome work guys.  It's great to see scammers get busted.  Having been scammed a few times myself it sours me on even doing other thing than hoarding bitcoins now...so really makes my day to see scammers get busted.

the scammer is in this thread... you'd be a dolt to think otherwise

anyway holy shit this thread makes me laugh...  disgraceful lunatic ftw!

hate to point it out to you but the thread was started by rebecca..ie the scammmer

so yeah i think it is likely the scammer is on this thread...at one time..

but why the scammer would be on the thread once the deed was done and btc scammed is stupid

if the FBI is looking at stuff on this ..they would look here first ..(big if it is likely just a file on hd someplace lost in gov't forever)

sheesh

Searing

So why is it so important to you that the scammer not be on the thread. So what. Why the need to prove the scammer is not on the thread?? So now you use logic, not on thread b/c that would be stupid...but before you threw logic out the equation. That is some interesting stuff.
The Avenger

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 02:57:32 PM

CTSMiner_Rebecca is active again today, about 30 minutes ago! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=226099 That's twice today.

Hey "Rebecca", we know who you are and we are closing in. Pack your bags for prison. Don't forget the vaseline.

You're only hope is to return the funds directly to the bitcoin addresses you stole/recieved them from.

"I am not The Avenger"
raskul

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 03:15:39 PM

who mentioned jnbitcoin as being one of the recipients of coins from this?

https://bitbargain.co.uk/profile/jnbitcoin

^the perpetrators should deposit this amount to an escrow wallet, and the funds will be returned to those who were victims.

wwwin

Activity: 447

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 03:27:40 PM

well that was a long way around to say absolutely nothing at all....people got taken on the scam..people in bitcointalk (unless you think the money trail people have been tracking is bogus)...and i suppose it is possible everyone yelling 'scam' that nite at the same time caused the people who swiped the btc to take down the www.ctsminer.com site at the same time everyone was asking the hosting service to do so..yeah could be so....

so i don't get your point..you think people on here we're involved in the scam....fine..theories are like assh*les everyone has one

i myself think as a theory it was the same group that did frostbite 1TH this last summer....and did www.butterflyiabs.com which i also see/saw was a past www site associated with www.ctsminer.com by looking at the history of the IP address of www.ctsminer.com (a big oversight on their part) and of course ctsminer....as their last scam

they have moved on..start the thread as a newbie....run the production ie play of " ctsminer' for everyone.....when people squeak pull the plug and never look back

but i myself don't buy people on here are part of the scam and if there we're people in such a boat lurking bitcointalk forums (likely) they are long gone..this crimnial theory of returning to the scene of the crime is bogus...so my theory is they are getting what btc out of this cleaned up..probably gold/silver and/or gift cards (no blockchain to follow there) and poof are moving on to their next scam imho the new frontier on that will be a litecoin asic miner for pre-order....that would be my quess....

conspiracy theories about the clowns on bitcointalk (myself included) is the most laughable idea I've heard........from what i've read weather you like the guys on here or not....none of us here are gonna post all day and plan scams like this all nite..would be too exhasting....only time the scammers ever post on here beside reading/lurking for research on the next scam..is when they are asking for BTC via PM or a www site..ie the scam is already in play

this group of scammers have moved on to new projects imho we on here are not even a glance in the rear view mirror..

my2 c worth
Searing

so if "theories are like assh*les everyone has one" as you post, why are you adamantly pushing your theory that the scammers are long gone from the thread? Do you know who the scammers are and that they are no longer posting or is that just your theory. Just saying.  

The Avenger

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 04:03:20 PM

^the perpetrators should deposit this amount to an escrow wallet, and the funds will be returned to those who were victims.
I agree, although they should return the coins directly to the people they stole them from without any need for escrows.

What I said earlier was no an idle threat:

CTSMiner_Rebecca is active again today, about 30 minutes ago! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=226099 That's twice today.

Hey "Rebecca", we know who you are and we are closing in. Pack your bags for prison. Don't forget the vaseline.

You're only hope is to return the funds directly to the bitcoin addresses you stole/recieved them from.

If they sell the coins, they have guaranteed themselves prison time.

If they don't want to end up in Parkhurst for 10 years, they better return the stolen coins without delay.

Or are they going to wait for the police to arrest them first and then try to make excuses? Hah ha! They thought they pulled the perfect scam, but they are fucking idiots who are going to disgrace their family when they get hauled away to a prison cell.

"I am not The Avenger"
raskul

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 04:19:09 PM

lets see how much the fbi say has been stolen in the process first

YourPalToots

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 06:46:47 PM

this group of scammers have moved on to new projects imho we on here are not even a glance in the rear view mirror..

my2 c worth
Searing

So much for them moving on

like an arson watching the blaze

Summary - CTSMiner_Rebecca
Last Active:   Today at xx:46:45
smracer
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1055
Merit: 1020

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 07:17:56 PM

All online services have been taken down due to scam accusations.

The response to our products has been very poor.
The CTS Miner project is now closed.

Refunds are being processed now as per refund policy.

I wonder if she/he is really going to refund or they are just trying to cover their tracks.  She/he is still watching this thread.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: