Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:13:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 [886] 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369739 times)
Testing Crypto

Activity: 614
Merit: 506

Applications

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 08:27:59 PM
Last edit: May 17, 2015, 06:49:56 PM by Testing Crypto

Wow thanks for doing this. I didnt knew that this is possible via github. I hope they update it in OP.

The use of Github & many other coding sites can be utilized for many things, which the future of coding is quickly growing to become one of the top fields as of 2015 (machines don't funtion without code). All depends on if you're the type of person to want to know whats behind the graphics, sound, etc.. of things (websites, GUI or UI = user interface)? This is the one thing open source has that inspires me, as it does many people around the world & seeing what it takes to build these interfaces  Cool

P.S. I have helped many OP's, MINT being for the keepod kid charity & cryptomommy was very kind to let me join trello (that should be in the OP?). I did let her know a few weeks ago that I would be offline for a while, but just thought I'd help with the small update of the OP.

ZwNpPhVYrSrPMS71GLc7TEnbqA9VSZopGn // Gift5YapqsZqSTW8T4S3sCU4sngCkvh4ba // 3Gwc4KzVtuJ9ADnuqzF7XRhSaaE7HkBWpr // 1PAGEHrN62tgUHncGWbbhKe9jhZGXsxFC4
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi {SAT OS hi}

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Flyskyhigh

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

Ezekiel 34:11, John 10:25-30

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 06:11:48 AM

Most financial advisors will recommend a diversified portfolio.

Warren Buffet says to put all your eggs in one basket and watch over that basket. I would agree.

A diversified Portfolio delivers comfort, but a concentrated portfolio, in the hands of a savvy investor, can produce  exceptionally excellent results.

Most great investors pursue a strategy of owning large amounts of relatively few stocks (or Cryptos).

Buffet's top 5 holdings made up  76% of his total portfolio.  

Most investors annually flip, rather than holding for the long-term, many years.

Claude Shannon racked an annual return of 28%. That's better than Warren Buffet. How did he do it?

Shannon's approach to investing was simple. ..He was a buy and hold fundamentalist.

When he died, researchers found his 3 largest positions made up 98% of his portfolio, and nearly 80% of his account was in a single stock..

So much for diversification.

Shannon explained, that he never in 30 years attempted to "balance" the portfolio. At this time he was 70 years old.

An interesting book to read if you want to learn more about Shannon's story, is William Poundstone's, Fortune's Formula.

Let this be an encouragement to all you MINT holders out there. A word of caution.... A focused portfolio means it will. Be more volatile. For great investors this is no concern.  . ..They take on that price volatility in the short run in exchange for better returns in the long run. Go for the long haul. I don't care about performance relative to the next 6 months....not saying it doesn't hurt, possibly feeling it in the short term, but, it is the only way unless you want to dismantle a sound set of investing principles.

Instead of owning 50 or 100 cryptos, try to pare that list down to the best ideas, and hold them longer.  There are cycles to everything. If something is down, or up, it doesn't mean it will stay constantly up, or constantly down.

I think Mintcoin is a great idea. I love the name and what it stands for and represents. Great investment returns come from  portfolios made up of a few stocks (or few Cryptos),  held for a long time. And over time these positions come to dominate the portfolio.

Just wanted to share this insight with the Mintcoin community. I think Mintcoin is going to be great in years to come. Hope this point of view can help you see financially....

Thanks.
Blessings,
Flyskyhigh!

Sick of mining?  Start minting!  5% per year!  Mintcoin "MINT"
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2015, 09:19:53 AM

Instead of owning 50 or 100 cryptos, try to pare that list down to the best ideas, and hold them longer.  There are cycles to everything. If something is down, or up, it doesn't mean it will stay constantly up, or constantly down.

I think Mintcoin is a great idea. I love the name and what it stands for and represents. Great investment returns come from  portfolios made up of a few stocks (or few Cryptos),  held for a long time. And over time these positions come to dominate the portfolio.

time to check out my side investments of my altcoin crypto portfolio

i dont full agree with z Flyskyhigh
investing in a lot coins can make sence

if u invest in 10 potential x20 value raise coins

if only 1 of them make it u already x2 ur investment

and the chanced that the other 9 not colapse to zero value is high to

so realistic is x3

after a bit learning i think most people will be able dedect longterm crypto coins like MINT and DMD
and see the difference between them and the endless coins that rise each month and die 3 months later

so i suggest a well split investment in a lot longterm active coins to reduce risc and increase chances u bet on the right horse

stay away of fresh coins with IPO and premine..............

i myself even if logical have most investment in DMD as core team member still have like 25% of my investment split between a lot other longterm altcoins

i dont invest in BTC/LTC because they have lowest chance to x20 they have already a high value

they can if thing go great x5 maybe but not x20

and good altcoin rasise together with btc anyway to u profit from a btc raise without hold BTC

and people we all know why we hold MINT or DMD or similar longterm POS coins

because we love to earn value even of our coin value stay just stable towards BTC because we earn POS rewards

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
Remonius

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 12:52:21 PM

It's one of the core principles of Benjamin Graham: "A stock (crypto) is not just a ticker symbol or an electronic blip; it is an ownership interest (stake) in an actual business (currency), with an underlying value that does not depend on its share price."

I don't care too much for the current price of MINT either since I believe that the coin is one of the very best alternatives for Bitcoin out there. With the right marketing efforts MINT could easily be one of the "big guys" since it is, in my opinion, far superior to many, if not all, of the altcoins out there.

"You gotta know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em"  Wink
Argon18

Activity: 442

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 10:00:17 PM

I don't care too much for the current price of MINT either since I believe that the coin is one of the very best alternatives for Bitcoin out there. With the right marketing efforts MINT could easily be one of the "big guys" since it is, in my opinion, far superior to many, if not all, of the altcoins out there.

Warning:  Will be seen as FUD by the pumpers.

LOL,
Problems with Mint

No Dev
Community unwilling to donate toward a great block explorer
Community unwilling to donate toward finding a new Dev
If you look at the great block explorer (22 days left) less than 2% Minting
You guys think Podcasts actually make more of a difference than a Dev

This coin has been running off of the work left over from the original dev.
Nothing of importance has happened since he was bullied out.

Just Sayin. 

▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
█████▀              ▀█████
▄████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▀████▄
▀█████▄    ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
▀█████▄    ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
█▄  ▀█████▄    ▀█████████▀  ▄█
██▄  ▀█████▄    ▀█████▀  ▄██
███▄  ▀█████▄    ▀█▀  ▄███
▀███▄  ▀█████▄     ▄███▀
▀████▄  ▀████▀  ▄████▀
█████▄  ▀▀  ▄█████
▀█████▄  ▄█████▀
▀█████  █████▀
▀████████▀
██████
▀██▀
E R N
               ▄▄█████████▄▄
           ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
        ▄███████▀▀       ▀▀███████▄
       █████▀▀               ▀▀█████
     ▄████▀    ▄▄█████████▄▄    ▀████▄
    ████▀   ▄█████████████████▄   ▀████
   ████    █████████████████████    ████
 █████    ███████  ▀█████████████    █████
█████    █████████    ▀███████████    █████
████    ▄██████████▄     ▀████████▄    ████
████    █████████████       ███████    ████
████    ▀██████████▀     ▄████████▀    ████
█████    █████████    ▄███████████    █████
 █████    ███████  ▄█████████████    █████
           █████████████████████
            ▀█████████████████▀
               ▀▀█████████▀▀
████
████

████
████

████
████

████
████
TOKEN SALE
AIRDROP
                              ████
                              ████

████
          ████            ████  ████

████  ████  ████  ████  ████

████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████
  ▬▬   GET IN TOUCH   ▬▬ 
TELEGRAM  FACEBOOK  TWITTER
YOUTUBE   INSTAGRAM
mintcointeam (OP)

Activity: 325

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 10:41:19 PM

LOL,
Problems with Mint

No Dev

Just Sayin. 

He was not bullied out - he was asked for transparency on the pre-mine as it was supposed to be used for supporting the community.
He took the majority of the pre-mine out as payment to himself and then no longer had time to commit to the project when it ran out.

https://github.com/MintcoinCommunity/Mintcoin-Desktop-Wallet/commits/master?page=3

All other initial developers left the lead developer 3 months in and the last standing developer gave up and cashed out as payment to himself for his work.
He was gracious enough to hand down the assets to the community for continual improvement.

The "original dev" is actually one of a many just handed down in an anonymous manor. Now we are open and transparent.

The podcasts are there to keep the community informed. This is also a tool I use to recruit.

Thanks to community donations I almost have enough to register Mintcoin Fund as a Non-Profit here in Wisconsin in the next coming months.

The community also donated towards an android wallet and hundreds of dollars towards the keepod campaign.

You are right though from one aspect....
We need more volunteers.

Right now the following continual efforts are being managed through donations:
- Graphics design
- Hosting
- Web maintenance
- Press Releases
- Business Integration
- Bitcoin Talk Announcement Updates
- Reddit Updates
- Facebook Moderators
- Twitter Supporters
- Reddit Supporters / Technical Support
- Mintcoin Official Moderation

Up until a month ago we also had the wallet and android development support donated by RoboGuy.
He unfortunately is tied back up and will not be able to participate in development until his current project is completed.

I do not see you as a Fudster. You have genuine concerns and feel it is pertinent to share them. That's awesome. The crypto community needs people to to ask questions. Way too many newbies out there getting burned.

I also believe that if you have these questions so do others - I am happy to share what I know with anyone.

Derek492

Activity: 356

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 05:51:44 PM

Try contacting other coin developers like Peercoin's "Sunny King", and ask them if they know of any other dev they would recommend. I would try to talk with Novacoin's "Balthazar" as I think a lot of Mintcoin's code stems from that coin, with the exception that MINT is full POS and there has been changes since. Maybe he would consider helping out. Just a thought. Roll Eyes

Stop Mining.   Start Minting.   Mintcoin  [MINT]
5% annual minting reward. Mintcoins don't wear out like mining gear. They keep on minting!
Derek492

Activity: 356

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 05:59:47 PM

Up until a month ago we also had the wallet and android development support donated by RoboGuy.
He unfortunately is tied back up and will not be able to participate in development until his current project is completed.

Just out of curiosity, about how long until his current project is completed? Is he planning to be back after that?

Stop Mining.   Start Minting.   Mintcoin  [MINT]
5% annual minting reward. Mintcoins don't wear out like mining gear. They keep on minting!
CoinIsCoin

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 06:41:09 PM

LOL,
Problems with Mint

No Dev

Just Sayin. 

He was not bullied out - he was asked for transparency on the pre-mine as it was supposed to be used for supporting the community.
He took the majority of the pre-mine out as payment to himself and then no longer had time to commit to the project when it ran out.

https://github.com/MintcoinCommunity/Mintcoin-Desktop-Wallet/commits/master?page=3

All other initial developers left the lead developer 3 months in and the last standing developer gave up and cashed out as payment to himself for his work.
He was gracious enough to hand down the assets to the community for continual improvement.

The "original dev" is actually one of a many just handed down in an anonymous manor. Now we are open and transparent.

The podcasts are there to keep the community informed. This is also a tool I use to recruit.

Thanks to community donations I almost have enough to register Mintcoin Fund as a Non-Profit here in Wisconsin in the next coming months.

The community also donated towards an android wallet and hundreds of dollars towards the keepod campaign.

You are right though from one aspect....
We need more volunteers.

Right now the following continual efforts are being managed through donations:
- Graphics design
- Hosting
- Web maintenance
- Press Releases
- Business Integration
- Bitcoin Talk Announcement Updates
- Reddit Updates
- Facebook Moderators
- Twitter Supporters
- Reddit Supporters / Technical Support
- Mintcoin Official Moderation

I do not see you as a Fudster. You have genuine concerns and feel it is pertinent to share them. That's awesome. The crypto community needs people to to ask questions. Way too many newbies out there getting burned.

I also believe that if you have these questions so do others - I am happy to share what I know with anyone.

How can I donate to you?
cryptomommy

Activity: 425

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 01:10:09 PM

Just out of curiosity, about how long until his current project is completed? Is he planning to be back after that?
I am not sure how long the project is running; however he did say until the project is over - reading between the lines it does suggest that he may be back once he has completed it.
cryptomommy

Activity: 425

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 01:11:16 PM

How can I donate to you?
This address is distributed across active development efforts:
Support Mintcoin Developments - Mt6nEG8Pp7kyimcHEp3gFqdjDPQqXas5Ae
URSAY
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 02:13:14 PM
Last edit: May 18, 2015, 03:55:32 PM by URSAY

https://twitter.com/CryptoSquare/status/600302853199126528

"FREE mintcoin and flappycoin paper wallets TODAY.  Union Square from 5-7 pm at the Lincoln statue. @MintcoinTeam @FlappyFlapping @BenLawsky"

[EDIT] Can @MintcoinTeam retweet?
Argon18

Activity: 442

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 05:23:37 PM

How can I donate to you?
This address is distributed across active development efforts:
Support Mintcoin Developments - Mt6nEG8Pp7kyimcHEp3gFqdjDPQqXas5Ae

Setup a donation post and add it to the OP.

Donation for New Dev
BTC address
LTC address
Mint Address

Donation to keep New Block Explorer Running
BTC
1QJpbqzkyFNcLGsC46DjXJmY1hLgHoya5C

Then the community can put up or shut up.

Just Sayin.

▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
█████▀              ▀█████
▄████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▀████▄
▀█████▄    ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
▀█████▄    ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
█▄  ▀█████▄    ▀█████████▀  ▄█
██▄  ▀█████▄    ▀█████▀  ▄██
███▄  ▀█████▄    ▀█▀  ▄███
▀███▄  ▀█████▄     ▄███▀
▀████▄  ▀████▀  ▄████▀
█████▄  ▀▀  ▄█████
▀█████▄  ▄█████▀
▀█████  █████▀
▀████████▀
██████
▀██▀
E R N
               ▄▄█████████▄▄
           ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
        ▄███████▀▀       ▀▀███████▄
       █████▀▀               ▀▀█████
     ▄████▀    ▄▄█████████▄▄    ▀████▄
    ████▀   ▄█████████████████▄   ▀████
   ████    █████████████████████    ████
 █████    ███████  ▀█████████████    █████
█████    █████████    ▀███████████    █████
████    ▄██████████▄     ▀████████▄    ████
████    █████████████       ███████    ████
████    ▀██████████▀     ▄████████▀    ████
█████    █████████    ▄███████████    █████
 █████    ███████  ▄█████████████    █████
           █████████████████████
            ▀█████████████████▀
               ▀▀█████████▀▀
████
████

████
████

████
████

████
████
TOKEN SALE
AIRDROP
                              ████
                              ████

████

████  ████  ████  ████  ████

▬▬   GET IN TOUCH   ▬▬ 
TELEGRAM  FACEBOOK  TWITTER
YOUTUBE   INSTAGRAM
sambiohazard

Activity: 840

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 07:20:13 PM

Good to see that people are talking. I hope that OP is updated finally. I am donating what i can to block explorer right now. Please feel free to join in. Smiley
DougB62

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

Banned: For Your Protection

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 08:23:30 PM

Good to see that people are talking. I hope that OP is updated finally. I am donating what i can to block explorer right now. Please feel free to join in. Smiley

Talking is great. Acting is vital.
sambiohazard

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 08:32:20 PM

Talking is great. Acting is vital.

Its a start. People are acting individually. What we need is a collective push. We need a full time PR person who can highlight our partnerships & achievements so investors come in. Lots going on in the background that people dont know and thus no investment is happening.
Flyskyhigh

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 01:25:57 AM

I'll help contribute to the block explorer maybe next month, I mean if its down to the last day, and needs funds for sure. Mintcoin is awesome. As far as I'm concerned I'll be with MINT for life. Who's with me? Minting is fantastic!

sambiohazard

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 02:07:45 AM

I'll help contribute to the block explorer maybe next month, I mean if its down to the last day, and needs funds for sure. Mintcoin is awesome. As far as I'm concerned I'll be with MINT for life. Who's with me? Minting is fantastic!

I hope for sure that will not be the case, All contributions are welcome. Thanks Smiley
Flyskyhigh

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 03:09:40 AM

I hope for sure that will not be the case, All contributions are welcome. Thanks Smiley
Why not the case?

Flyskyhigh

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 02:38:21 PM
Last edit: May 19, 2015, 03:43:17 PM by Flyskyhigh

Greetings from Poloniex!

We're happy to announce that Margin Trading with Peer-to-Peer Lending is now available at Poloniex! You can now borrow funds from lending users to open long and short positions with 2.5x leverage on our XMR, DASH, XPR and LTC Margin Trading platform. You can also loan funds in the same selected markets in 1 day intervals at up to 5% interest.

In addition, we are requiring that all users provide us with their first name, last name, and country of origin by May 20th, 2015. This information is mandatory for all users and all withdrawals. Go to your Profile page to get started.

The Poloniex Team

Just for those that dont know and have some btc or other altcoins sitting there.

This is posted in the notice section.

No accounts will be locked or frozen if you do not provide the information requested. Starting on May 20th at 19:00 UTC, you will need to have your name and country of residence on file to withdraw up to 2,000 USD worth of crypto per day.

Those sentances sounds like a contradiction...

Pages: « 1 ... 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 [886] 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: