Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:15:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 [933] 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369739 times)
crzybilly

Activity: 703
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 04:27:04 PM

I initially wanted to update the subversion for this patch release for that exact purpose, but we ultimately decided to hold off until 2.1.

Subversion updates should be generally harmless, it's protocol version change you have to watch for.

Thanks for asking here, maybe Fuzzbawls can help you. Smiley

EDIT: This fork from fuzzbawls is ahead of main repository. Maybe they will update to his version later. I hope Fuzzbawls will clear the situation.

https://github.com/Fuzzbawls/Mintcoin-Desktop-Wallet

that github is strictly for what fuzzbawls is working on, other mintcoin devs have their own github too, and when a build it ready the merge them with the main mintcoin github.
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tubularwindow

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 05:51:23 PM

Three questions:

1.  Is the latest version downloadable from mintcoinofficial.com yet?

2.  How long until the next wallet release?

3. Is there a 2.0.1 release for windows 64 bit operating system?
crzybilly

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 05:53:05 PM

Two questions:

1. yes

2. this is unknown because we're working on overhauling the single file db
Tubularwindow

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 06:00:02 PM

sorry, i edited my post to ask a third question too! thanks for the replies.
crzybilly

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 06:00:56 PM

sorry, i edited my post to ask a third question too! thanks for the replies.

Only 32 bit for now. I will bring the suggestions to the devs.
Fuzzbawls

Activity: 750
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 06:24:06 PM

@crzybilly i am connected & staking.

@Fuzzbawls thanks for explaining. We have moved desktop wallet to new github rep. fairglu couldn't find the link in your post so i have sent him a PM with the link now Grin

Only got a link to a binaries and source zip (https://github.com/MintcoinCommunity/Mintcoin-Desktop-Wallet/releases/tag/v2.0.1.0), but the github repository itself has not been updated (last commit from august 5, cf. https://github.com/MintcoinCommunity/Mintcoin-Desktop-Wallet/commits/master)

Is the github repository itself going to be abandoned and only used for downloads? (updated explorer wallet from src.zip but using src.zip means changes and commit history are lost, unability to easily fork locally, etc.)

Check the branches. The 2.0.1.0 release is the last commit in the 2.0 branch. Master wasn't updated specifically because this release contains some bug fixes that just aren't needed downstream. And rather than have to revert a bunch of commits, we decided to keep this particular patch release segregated.

Fuzzbawls

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 06:36:05 PM

Three questions:

3. Is there a 2.0.1 release for windows 64 bit operating system?

1. Mintcoinofficial.com has always just linked to google drive and Dropbox for release downloads, I don't particularly like that format of distribution, but yes those links do contain the latest release.

2. Honest answer: when its ready

3. There is currently a runtime error that occurs with win64 builds. Tracking down the cause and fixing it is on our list, but currently isn't a top priority.
crzybilly

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 09:38:51 PM

Hello Mint Community,

I would like to announce that we've requested that MintCoin be added as a payout option on Steak Cloud mining site. They are currently considering the coin to be added and would love to show them that this is a great community and will be beneficial not only to them but MintCoin itself.

Steak Cloud is a multipool mining site that allows you to use your payout address as your username and get paid in that coin.
MintyAllDay

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2015, 11:06:26 PM

Followed on Twitter @steakcloud

Twitter @MintyAllDay
MintyMintcoin.com
Ricklosti

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 02:22:50 AM

Hello Mint Community,

I would like to announce that we've requested that MintCoin be added as a payout option on Steak Cloud mining site. They are currently considering the coin to be added and would love to show them that this is a great community and will be beneficial not only to them but MintCoin itself.

Steak Cloud is a multipool mining site that allows you to use your payout address as your username and get paid in that coin.

When will they be adding MINT?
Blockhunter

Activity: 871
Merit: 505

Founder of Incakoin

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2015, 02:24:42 AM

I want to see mintcoin on stake cloud!

https://YankeeSeed.com
Cannabis Genetics
Fuzzbawls

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 02:40:22 AM

Hello Mint Community,

When will they be adding MINT?

Good question! lets show them that we support this idea simply by saying so!
cat2

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 10:52:54 AM

Hello Mint Community,

If they add it I'll try it.

><((((º>·.·..><((((º>
..·..><((((º>
Steak Cloud

Activity: 250

Gain Real Value On Exchanges

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2015, 02:54:36 PM

Hello MINT community,

We have been hard at work doing research on your coin and have have the following plan in place to support MINT and its community.
First off we noticed that you guys have a large number of coins sitting on Exchanges, being a POS coin MINT should move at least 50% of the coins currently sitting on Exchanges to staking and not giving exchanges the ability to stake large volumes of coin or pulling the value down with such large volumes up for sale.

Here is what we would like to propose in order to get MINT listed as a payout option while at the same time really make the most of the listing on Steak Cloud and not let it simply turn into "Just another service" for MINT. At Steak Cloud our main aim is to increase altcoin value on exchanges, we have a proven track record of making this happen, so here is our plan of action for MINT.

Steak Cloud is launching its cloud staking service "Steak Cloud" this will run alongside our current POS mining operation but at the same time we would like to offer MINT the opportunity to be used as the altcoin we launch out service with, giving MINT even more exposure and the chance of a maximum value increase, If you are able to see the value in what we are proposing for mint please read further if not read further anyway you might start to piece it together better.

Why should I use Steak Cloud to stake my coins in the cloud?
This will help remove excess POS coins from exchanges and in turn raise the value of those coins in two ways.
  • Removing low value sell orders will help increase value
  • Stake these coins in the cloud with Steak Cloud and grow your investment

Most people do not stake their coins as they are not able to run a wallet 24/7 - Steak Cloud is the solution to this your problem.

To do this "Stakers" (Those who stake with Steak Cloud) will need to stake their coins for a minimum term of 1 month at a 10% staking fee. (remember you are not removing all your coins, just 50% of them.
Stakers will have the option of withdrawing earlier although this will result in an early withdraw cancellation fee of 20% rather than the standard 10% fee, this will help maintain value as most Stakers will not want to pull out early based on the difference in the fee.
Stakers will have the option to Stake for longer periods with less fees incurred, a bit like a bank only 1000% better and without the low rates of interest.

On top of this we add MINT as a payout option on Steak Cloud to miners, driving the price even higher with the daily buy orders we will put through on exchanges in order to pay our POS miners.

In order for this to work we will need the support of a good share of the MINT community. Let this all sync in, excuse the pun, and feel free to ask any questions.

Regards

Improving altcoin value
http://steakcloud.com

Proof Of Stake And Proof Of Work Mining Platform! http://www.steakcloud.com
Derek492

Activity: 356

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 03:40:23 PM

Hello MINT community,

We have been hard at work doing research on your coin and have have the following plan in place to support MINT and its community.
First off we noticed that you guys have a large number of coins sitting on Exchanges, being a POS coin MINT should move at least 50% of the coins currently sitting on Exchanges to staking and not giving exchanges the ability to stake large volumes of coin or pulling the value down with such large volumes up for sale.

Here is what we would like to propose in order to get MINT listed as a payout option while at the same time really make the most of the listing on Steak Cloud and not let it simply turn into "Just another service" for MINT. At Steak Cloud our main aim is to increase altcoin value on exchanges, we have a proven track record of making this happen, so here is our plan of action for MINT.

Steak Cloud is launching its cloud staking service "Steak Cloud" this will run alongside our current POS mining operation but at the same time we would like to offer MINT the opportunity to be used as the altcoin we launch out service with, giving MINT even more exposure and the chance of a maximum value increase, If you are able to see the value in what we are proposing for mint please read further if not read further anyway you might start to piece it together better.

This will help remove excess POS coins from exchanges and in turn raise the value of those coins in two ways.

Most people do not stake their coins as they are not able to run a wallet 24/7 - Steak Cloud is the solution to this your problem.

To do this "Stakers" (Those who stake with Steak Cloud) will need to stake their coins for a minimum term of 1 month at a 10% staking fee. (remember you are not removing all your coins, just 50% of them.
Stakers will have the option of withdrawing earlier although this will result in an early withdraw cancellation fee of 20% rather than the standard 10% fee, this will help maintain value as most Stakers will not want to pull out early based on the difference in the fee.
Stakers will have the option to Stake for longer periods with less fees incurred, a bit like a bank only 1000% better and without the low rates of interest.

On top of this we add MINT as a payout option on Steak Cloud to miners, driving the price even higher with the daily buy orders we will put through on exchanges in order to pay our POS miners.

In order for this to work we will need the support of a good share of the MINT community. Let this all sync in, excuse the pun, and feel free to ask any questions.

Regards

Improving altcoin value

Wow. So this is basically, like pooled minting? Do I understand that right? Sort of like pooled mining for PoW coins this is pooled staking for proof of stake? Sounds awesome! Would love to know more! Sounds exciting!! Shocked

Stop Mining.   Start Minting.   Mintcoin  [MINT]
5% annual minting reward. Mintcoins don't wear out like mining gear. They keep on minting!
Creat0r

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2015, 04:18:35 PM

Hi!

My name is Konstantin. I'm cyber•Fund co-founder.
I'm happy to announce now Mintcoin is available in cyber•Fund real time portfolio tracker. So you can easy control your portfolio valuation of Mintcoin and other cryptoasset that you have in real time.

Look how we do it with our funds - https://cyber.fund/@satoshi_fund

If you are a developer you can easy improve Mintcoin main page using Chaingear on github. Stellar, Dash and NuBits have already upgraded their page.

Also  don't forget to follow Mintcoin on https://cyber.fund/system/Mintcoin.

Thank you for your attention, I will be happy if you will use our service.
Konstantin Lomashuk

Flyskyhigh

Activity: 291

Ezekiel 34:11, John 10:25-30

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 04:34:23 PM

Hi!

My name is Konstantin. I'm cyber•Fund co-founder.
I'm happy to announce now Mintcoin is available in cyber•Fund real time portfolio tracker. So you can easy control your portfolio valuation of Mintcoin and other cryptoasset that you have in real time.

Look how we do it with our funds - https://cyber.fund/@satoshi_fund

If you are a developer you can easy improve Mintcoin main page using Chaingear on github. Stellar, Dash and NuBits have already upgraded their page.

Also  don't forget to follow Mintcoin on https://cyber.fund/system/Mintcoin.

Thank you for your attention, I will be happy if you will use our service.
Konstantin Lomashuk
Cool. I think some info on the coin might be incorrect though. Like there is no 70,000,000,000 maximum coins. There isn't a hard limit coin cap,  in order to replace lost coins, etc. And mainatin scalability and fungibility. Cap will be 5% per year, and maybe even a little less than that.

Sick of mining?  Start minting!  5% per year!  Mintcoin "MINT"
Flyskyhigh

Activity: 291

Ezekiel 34:11, John 10:25-30

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 04:47:25 PM

Hello MINT community,

Regards

Improving altcoin value

OMG. I have been waiting for a service like this! FINALLY!  The way I see it, this is basically a Mintcoin Bank! It allows everybody to get in on the minting bandwagon! Now there is no need to be wary of losing investment from not minting, as your balance will basically scale up with any money supply growth. This is exactly what I have been dreaming of for a long time! This is is a great advance that will push Mintcoin and proof of stake to the next level.
 I just hope they have very good security from hackers and that they don't try any sort of fractional reserve type of thing. If all these pieces are in place, this could  launch a Mintcoin revolution! I really hope this works out, and this can be a professional and trusted site for long-term wealth building.

When is this being released? Launch date? I can hardly wait to know the details and specifics!

Thank You!

Sick of mining?  Start minting!  5% per year!  Mintcoin "MINT"
Steak Cloud

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2015, 04:50:43 PM

Hello MINT community,

Regards

Improving altcoin value

Wow. So this is basically, like pooled minting? Do I understand that right? Sort of like pooled mining for PoW coins this is pooled staking for proof of stake? Sounds awesome! Would love to know more! Sounds exciting!! Shocked

Yeah this would essentially be "Pooled Minting" so Steak Cloud will be launching a Minting pool very soon. We will keep this process as simple as mining POS currently is with Steak Cloud pool mining.

If there is anything specific you would like to know please so not hesitate to ask.

Regards

Steak Cloud Support

Steak Cloud

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2015, 05:19:12 PM

OMG. I have been waiting for a service like this! FINALLY!  The way I see it, this is basically a Mintcoin Bank! It allows everybody to get in on the minting bandwagon! Now there is no need to be wary of losing investment from not minting, as your balance will basically scale up with any money supply growth. This is exactly what I have been dreaming of for a long time! This is is a great advance that will push Mintcoin and proof of stake to the next level.
 I just hope they have very good security from hackers and that they don't try any sort of fractional reserve type of thing. If all these pieces are in place, this could  launch a Mintcoin revolution! I really hope this works out, and this can be a professional and trusted site for long-term wealth building.

When is this being released? Launch date? I can hardly wait to know the details and specifics!

Thank You!

Thank you for the feedback, we like to think this would be better than a bank as banks are not our friends nor do they have the best interest of their customers at heart. Speaking of interest who needs a lousy 1 to 2% interest yearly from a bank when they make a killing form the money their customers are saving with them... Its almost a joke. But I do get what you mean.

Steak Cloud is made up of dedicated IT professionals with skills ranging from data center management to multi skilled coders with a wide range of markup skills, security is our main concern even more than customer service and we know we are really good at providing a high standard of service through our live chat as well as our support ticket system mostly because our users tell us and rate our service level daily via our chat interface. We run high end dedicated servers that are monitored 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

We are here to provide value within the crypto space and restore trust where people were once let down by rogue services and careless developer, we prove this daily by dealing with support requests in a timely manner and providing our users with world calls support and at the same time working on industry leading ideas and services to help support the digital currency economy and communities.

Make sure you do not miss out on the mailer we have scheduled to go out over the weekend...
Head over to Steak Cloud and Subscribe with your BEST email address to be one of the first to be in the know about when and how the "Minting Pool" cloud pos minting service will be ready!

Regards

Increasing altcoin value
http://steakcloud.com/

Pages: « 1 ... 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 [933] 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: