Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:30:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 [796] 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369739 times)
shitalsmenon

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 07:24:51 PM
Last edit: July 21, 2014, 08:12:55 PM by shitalsmenon

I for one trust both Jessica and David.

desperation is making you foolish

You put your point out and that's it ! Nagging all time or mocking others wont make your point more stronger nor help the community , instead it gets annoying and your point loses value ! As i said your point have been noted as its open forum ! So please don't panic and stay calm ! Its a community and so everyone here has right to put their views and ideas but enforcing your own views in community by mocking others is not acceptable in a community buddy  Smiley

Think Clean Think Green
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mgburks77

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 07:34:46 PM

I am wondering what you hope to accomplish by getting cryptomommy's full identity?? Are you worried that she will post the wrong thing on twitter or something?? All she has is access to social media accounts and the website correct?

she said she was going to be transparent.

that was a lie

not a good basis for starting a relationship.

I don't need to know who she is, the community does.
presstab
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 07:41:44 PM

I am wondering what you hope to accomplish by getting cryptomommy's full identity?? Are you worried that she will post the wrong thing on twitter or something?? All she has is access to social media accounts and the website correct?

that was a lie

Why though? Are you worried about twitter posts or something?

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
coolbeans94

Activity: 613
Merit: 500

Mintcoin: Get some

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 07:54:57 PM

We are not forking, There is no reason for it.

Can someone else besides me confirm we are not hard forking, just to put this to rest.

These threads just go jumping to the worse conclusions so fast! Roll Eyes

(1.) Moral happiness depends upon moral order.
(2.) Moral order depends upon the harmonious action of all our powers, as
individuals and as members of society.
cryptomommy

Activity: 425

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 07:57:39 PM

There is no hard fork and I am verifying my identity as requested to stop this non-sense fud
presstab
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 08:02:10 PM

also

I wouldn't update your wallet until this gets resolved.

this could be a scam to hard fork and destroy mint, by btc holders.

"goat trading" is a major bitcoin player

mgburks77 made up the fork in the post quoted above.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
DougB62

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

Banned: For Your Protection

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 08:04:07 PM

About what exactly do you think she needs to be transparent about?

that was a lie

Really? What specifically did she say she would be transparent about? Hmmm? Specifically.

Um... yeah.

No, really, I think it's mostly you...

And don't call me foolish. You think this doesn't worry me a bit, then you're the fool. What would you have me to do, sell everything for 3 or 4 sats? To hell with that. I bought another 1.2M today. You can't afford to lose it, you shouldn't be in it.

...or - you would like me to sell off cheap - right into your hands... hmmmm, yeah. That makes sense.

No matter - the only people left holding this coin have made a decision to stand firm. Weakness has left this community. Call it foolish if you want.

I'll no longer feed the troll. Everyone please pardon my rant - I've hit the trusty ignore.  Grin
amingo51

Activity: 115

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 08:11:16 PM

community take over? start a new thread, ask the old dev to close this thread, put your repo, so that everyone can sync up with you.
Scribbler397

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 08:39:02 PM

community take over? start a new thread, ask the old dev to close this thread, put your repo, so that everyone can sync up with you.

We don't need to close this thread because cryptomommy now has control of the dev's account with the username mintcointeam.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 09:07:59 PM

mgburk has started fud about a fork, best course of action is to simply remove him/her/it from the thread and let the community thrive.
yampi

Activity: 433

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 09:23:33 PM

torrent is not working
shitalsmenon

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 09:44:26 PM
Last edit: July 21, 2014, 09:59:59 PM by shitalsmenon

Below is a rough draft and nothing is set in stone. Please review and discuss changes needed before a final draft is created.

**What is a Mintcoin?**
A Mintcoin is an earth friendly high yielding savings asset designed as an alternative to Bitcoin as a crypto currency.

**High Yielding Savings Asset?**
If you store your Mintcoins in a wallet and leave your wallet open you will earn additional coins as payment for assisting in a secure network and fast transaction verification time.

The Mintcoin wallet distributes coins based on the following interest rates:
*1st Year: 20%
*2nd Year: 15%
*3rd Year: 10%

**What is the value of a Mintcoin?**
The value of a mintcoin value fluctuates depending on the number of people holding onto the asset. For details of the current Mintcoin distribution please visit the block chain statistics: http://mint.blockexplorer.cc/chain/MintCoin

As more people become aware of the mintcoin alternative to a high yielding savings asset the total Mintcoin value for all holders of
Mintcoin will increase.

**What is Mintcoins marketing strategy?**
The Mintcoin community has developed the Mintcoin fund which is a non-profit organization registered in France. The original intent was purely to promote fund raisers held by the Mintcoin Community for earth friendly campaigns.

**Mintcoin Fund**
This site will be converted to a non-profit organization with the intent to promote both earth friendly campaigns as well as sponsor Mintcoin community development needs for marketing.

**Moolah.io**
The Mintcoin community will be contacting Moolah.io to determine the best strategy to maximize our community’s exposure through a combination of all of their services and lead a project to ensure full community integration.

**Ad Campaigns**
The Mintcoin community will be sponsoring paid advertising in leading financial advisors promoting Mintcoin as a high interest savings asset recruiting new investors into the community.

**Social Partnerships**
The Mintcoin community is actively seeking social partnerships for promotional exchanges. All partnerships will be reviewed and approved by the community’s vote.

**Content Partnerships**
The Mintcoin community is actively seeking content partnerships in order to ensure that our press release and community news is exposed to networks of related interests for both crypto currencies and mainstream commonalities.

**Community Development Needs**
Mintcoin Fund will pursue donations from the community to ensure that development progress is made a high priority both supporting and recruiting top talents to ensure the continual growth and improvement within the communities Mintcoin assets performance both as a financial tool and a savings asset.

**Development Talents**
The Mintcoin Fund will recruit and manage development professionals using a bounty / tipping structure. All developers involved in Mintcoin initiatives are invited to submit a bio outlining their experience, links to social profiles and 1 website. In addition they are encouraged to leave there Mintcoin address for future donations. We also encourage developers to connect with us on Linkedin to further enhance their portfolios.

**Affiliate Relationships**
The Mintcoin Fund is actively seeking affiliate relationships for funding of community development needs as a supplementary income.

**Wallet Usability is Key**
Through the development of the Mintcoin Fund, the Mintcoin wallet will continue to be enhanced as a financial management tool for crowd sourcing and fund raising; while at the same time connecting the community with upcoming news and developments.

Thanks for updates ! Just a suggestion that maybe, number each marketing strategy according to their priority by community voting or anything !
Even maybe weekly community voting on different topics related to Mintcoin would be awesome to get views and feedback of community !  
cryptomommy

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 09:55:33 PM

Wonderful suggestion! I will let this conversation mature and post a voting poll on Friday - That should give everyone time time to think about it / leave feedback

Below is a rough draft and nothing is set in stone. Please review and discuss changes needed before a final draft is created.

**What is a Mintcoin?**
A Mintcoin is an earth friendly high yielding savings asset designed as an alternative to Bitcoin as a crypto currency.

**High Yielding Savings Asset?**
If you store your Mintcoins in a wallet and leave your wallet open you will earn additional coins as payment for assisting in a secure network and fast transaction verification time.

The Mintcoin wallet distributes coins based on the following interest rates:
*1st Year: 20%
*2nd Year: 15%
*3rd Year: 10%

**What is the value of a Mintcoin?**
The value of a mintcoin value fluctuates depending on the number of people holding onto the asset. For details of the current Mintcoin distribution please visit the block chain statistics: http://mint.blockexplorer.cc/chain/MintCoin

As more people become aware of the mintcoin alternative to a high yielding savings asset the total Mintcoin value for all holders of
Mintcoin will increase.

**What is Mintcoins marketing strategy?**
The Mintcoin community has developed the Mintcoin fund which is a non-profit organization registered in France. The original intent was purely to promote fund raisers held by the Mintcoin Community for earth friendly campaigns.

**Mintcoin Fund**
This site will be converted to a non-profit organization with the intent to promote both earth friendly campaigns as well as sponsor Mintcoin community development needs for marketing.

**Moolah.io**
The Mintcoin community will be contacting Moolah.io to determine the best strategy to maximize our community’s exposure through a combination of all of their services and lead a project to ensure full community integration.

**Ad Campaigns**
The Mintcoin community will be sponsoring paid advertising in leading financial advisors promoting Mintcoin as a high interest savings asset recruiting new investors into the community.

**Social Partnerships**
The Mintcoin community is actively seeking social partnerships for promotional exchanges. All partnerships will be reviewed and approved by the community’s vote.

**Content Partnerships**
The Mintcoin community is actively seeking content partnerships in order to ensure that our press release and community news is exposed to networks of related interests for both crypto currencies and mainstream commonalities.

**Community Development Needs**
Mintcoin Fund will pursue donations from the community to ensure that development progress is made a high priority both supporting and recruiting top talents to ensure the continual growth and improvement within the communities Mintcoin assets performance both as a financial tool and a savings asset.

**Development Talents**
The Mintcoin Fund will recruit and manage development professionals using a bounty / tipping structure. All developers involved in Mintcoin initiatives are invited to submit a bio outlining their experience, links to social profiles and 1 website. In addition they are encouraged to leave there Mintcoin address for future donations. We also encourage developers to connect with us on Linkedin to further enhance their portfolios.

**Affiliate Relationships**
The Mintcoin Fund is actively seeking affiliate relationships for funding of community development needs as a supplementary income.

**Wallet Usability is Key**
Through the development of the Mintcoin Fund, the Mintcoin wallet will continue to be enhanced as a financial management tool for crowd sourcing and fund raising; while at the same time connecting the community with upcoming news and developments.

Thanks for updates ! Just a suggestion that maybe, number each marketing strategy according to their priority by community voting or anything !   
paspi

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 10:06:50 PM

Hi all,

Cryptomummy contacted me giving the news of development team change. I can't follow forums lately, been busy with some important changes in my life.

The android wallet project is still on and work is in progress. There is not much left, though I don't have spare time lately, this will probably continue for some time.

I left this thread at around page 808, and I don't have the time to read and understand what's going on right now (I only did a brief skimming), but I believe that Cryptomummy will be able to manage the community & development team well based on earlier conversations. I'll also continue to contribute to the MINT project (C/C++ wallet part) as much as I can, as I've been doing since the initial release of MINT.

If the premine is completely dumped and certainly gone, I believe it's a good thing for MINT, as its uncertainty has always been a risk, at least now it's gone, and the price is still stable. I believe it is a very good thing that community takes over the project from non-communicating devs. That's how good projects live; with community's backing. I think MINT will have value and growth as long as there is a community behind it; doing development, marketing, and other things that makes a project alive.

MINT: MdPQhsGufjm5AXYkHebbnF2A155xDqVfK7
cryptomommy

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 10:17:08 PM

Thank you Paspi!
Can't wait to see the wallet launch!
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 10:31:30 PM

We don't need to close this thread because cryptomommy now has control of the dev's account with the username mintcointeam.
Speaking of that; a lesson I learnt from karmacoin is to share the OP account to handle scalability. This is what we've done for monero and it helps.

That's how good projects live; with community's backing. I think MINT will have value and growth as long as there is a community behind it; doing development, marketing, and other things that makes a project alive.
Well said! And thank your for the updates!

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
paspi

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 12:08:41 AM

Update
Presstab has no interest in updating Mintcoin (especially after not having been credited for this). But if it was, it would be this code
Code:
cd ~/cryptos/mintcoin && git pull && qmake-qt4 mintcoin-qt.pro && make

paspi, if you have a git with the latest mintcoin, I'd be happy to update the command-line accordingly
Why change git URL, any chances we can transfer mintcointeam's github account like other social addresses? (github username is mintcoinproject)

If not, we should just create a mint community user on github, preferably owned by the fund. We can create a new project (not forked from original project, as "forking" on github has its issues regarding visibility, it's only for temporary feature development), and copy all development history from original branch so nothing is lost (it's easier than how it sounds).

I think a community github user can give write access to individual developer accounts, so only owning the community account (for the fund) would be fine for future, actual developers can come and go with their personal accounts.

mintcointeam (OP)

Activity: 325

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 12:11:30 AM

No. The developer contacted me and said that his personal data is there. ~CrpyoMommy just to not confuse anyone
paspi

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 12:33:15 AM

ok then,

I suggest

1. we just create a brand new github user, only owned by the fund, holding noone's personal data. Owning by the fund will make sure we won't have to deal with any repo changes as developers or people change.

2. Create a brand new mintcoin project in it.

3. Give write permissions to developers who will manage it (I can volunteer for the transition if required)

4. Merge all historic data from head of github:mintcoinproject/mintcoin into that brand new repo

5. And the community can verify the historic data is exactly the same between the 2 repos, so there is no FUD for a hardfork or spyware or anything else.

6. Abandon github:mintcoinproject/mintcoin repo

A fork on github looks like this one: https://github.com/keremhd/mintcoin-seeder
It is not listed as a standalone project, but just a development fork. It's not returned in search results, etc.

A brand new project on github (populated from original history) looks like this one: https://github.com/keremhd/mintcoinj
Although it's a new project, if you check its history (click on Network), commits older than the project's creation date can be verified.

mgburks77

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 03:53:34 AM

There is no hard fork and I am verifying my identity as requested to stop this non-sense fud

Well, you should. Sharing your twitter account doesn't equate transparency.

And it was YOU who mentioned a hard fork the first time you attempted to take over mint.

So this shit is YOUR fault. I've been with mint since the beginning and you just showed up one day and and announced you are taking over.

That is not how one does business.
Pages: « 1 ... 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 [796] 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: