Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:56:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 272 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] Official Shareholder Discussion Thread [Moderated]  (Read 629685 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Ozymandias2

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 05:54:40 PM

ken is using need-money-for-refunds chip. The board is vaporware.

We'll know for certain within a week.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ozymandias2

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 05:56:18 PM

I don't really care. Ken could have made a deal with another company, buying their design for part of ACTM company's shares. It is progress whatever happened. If ACTM is working on a better 28 nm in the background then that's even better.

It has been since about October that we've actually had any substantial good news with ACTM. And this thread has been terrible with all the manic-depressives out there. Things like this take time to build, but hopefully Ken has had time to develop his leadership skills and this is just the beginning for ACTM.

I absolutely agree! I mention it because I'm curious, not because I want to bash Ken.
Effayy

Activity: 75

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 06:00:09 PM

/lurk mode OFF

Without more definitive proof that we actually have a machine and buyers are actually purchasing it, all I can do is refer to past history when passing any judgement.  So far I have seen half-truths, contracted-out hashpower, and no visual evidence aside from an empty garage with some empty workbenches.

That in mind, I hear about the sold-out in-stock product and I'm not convinced.  At this point I won't be considering anything to be "good" news proof of a product is definitive.  I'm talking about pictures or video of a working ASIC and an objective review from an actual buyer.

Don't assume I'm a troll here.  I am simply being cautiously optimistic, and I wanted to voice my concern.

We're in a bit of a catch-22 right now.  We all would like access to our shares whether or not we intend to sell immediately, and I believe for the majority it's "the sooner the better".  The problem is if Ken follows up the news of sold-out product with more news that we will be trading again very soon, I will be highly suspiscious of his motives until I see the definitive proof of product that I mentioned earlier.

Ken.  It doesn't take much time or effort to point a camera at the product.  Perhaps a photo/video of the monitorwhile the unit is hashing away, as well.  If there truly is a product for sale, it would be in your best interest to show that to us.  Hell, if I were in your position and had these units ready, I'd be quite proud of that accomplishment and would be chomping at the bit to show it off, wouldn't you agree?

- Effayy

BTC: 1FJ6nP3BmEDrpGZP5UtaGUrssV3A6rnhpU
kslaughter

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 06:00:32 PM

i was actually considering purchasing one (for testing then resale) since they are "in-stock" so i went through the process, but the only form of payment available now is bank wire (no bitcoin?!?!).  and it said DHL shipping would take 4 days, which from Missouri to Louisiana would be 2 at the most.  so sadly to say i will not be ordering one of these.

Yes, we only have Wire Transfers on our site at the moment as our bitcoin processor before was MtGox.  We can still take bitcoins, but we will process them manual.  Send us a message if you want to order with bitcoins.

MilkyWayMasta

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 06:10:41 PM

i was actually considering purchasing one (for testing then resale) since they are "in-stock" so i went through the process, but the only form of payment available now is bank wire (no bitcoin?!?!).  and it said DHL shipping would take 4 days, which from Missouri to Louisiana would be 2 at the most.  so sadly to say i will not be ordering one of these.

Yes, we only have Wire Transfers on our site at the moment as our bitcoin processor before was MtGox.  We can still take bitcoins, but we will process them manual.  Send us a message if you want to order with bitcoins.

Ken, it doesn't matter who the bitcoin processor was before. It takes a few minutes to set up a Coinbase bitcoin payment method.

DISCIPLINA — The First Blockchain For HR & Education
From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
  WEBSITE  TELEGRAM  ANN  BOUNTY  LINKEDIN  WHITEPAPER  Referral Program 5%
4ju5tice

Activity: 111

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 06:20:05 PM

Ken, it doesn't matter who the bitcoin processor was before. It takes a few minutes to set up a Coinbase bitcoin payment method.

I second this.

Hi.
kslaughter

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 06:28:56 PM

I second this.

Yes, I am going to use Coinbase.  I need a prestashop plugin, do they have one?
knybe

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

decentralize EVERYTHING...

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 06:38:53 PM

Ken c'mon man, address my questions:

Ken, can you please be so kind as to offer some proof of what you are talking about?

Also, please show some good manners to your trusting and patient investors and sort out a way to distribute dividends in the interim?

kslaughter

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 06:43:41 PM

Ken c'mon man, address my questions:

Ken, can you please be so kind as to offer some proof of what you are talking about?

Also, please show some good manners to your trusting and patient investors and sort out a way to distribute dividends in the interim?

This will all be sorted out in the near future.  I am very committed to all of my trusting and patient investors.  What we are doing right now will raise shareholder value very quick. 
zumzero

Activity: 602

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 06:52:13 PM

To all those expressing doubts over these chips, understand that the website was amended today to clarify the question everyone has been asking.

Go take a look and notice that, in no uncertain terms, it no longer says 'proprietary' but 'Fast-Hash'.

This was done to make it as clear as humanly possible.

Processor Highlights
·Fast-Hash One 28nm ASIC
·Underclocked for greater efficiency or overclocked for greater performance.
·Built in thermal controls that allow the chip optimization without damage to processor.
Warranty:  Quality Controlled Pre-shipping tested against DOA. Experimental No Warranty

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!
ActM Thread (OP)

Activity: 70

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 07:24:31 PM

A couple of posts have been deleted by mistake today and those concerned have been pm'd.

If you have been deleted by mistake please accept ActM's apologies.

ActM Thread
JoTheKhan

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 07:25:37 PM

@Ken if we have stuff in stock. Please pull out your iPhone or your Android Device or the closest camera. Take a good picture and please post it on this forum. Please.
VinceSamios

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 07:31:13 PM

Just a bit of a sanity check on the 28nm chip.

Just remember it is possible that Ken can buy chips produced by another manufacturer and re-brand them as VMC chips - this is a completely legitimate business practice, and this is also likely to be what's being done.

ActM shareholders are a bi-polar bunch.

The Happy Clappy Bitcoin Chappy - http://twitter.com/vincesamios
toastee

Activity: 62

to the moon, etc.

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 07:44:18 PM

Just a bit of a sanity check on the 28nm chip.

Just remember it is possible that Ken can buy chips produced by another manufacturer and re-brand them as VMC chips - this is a completely legitimate business practice, and this is also likely to be what's being done.

ActM shareholders are a bi-polar bunch.

This happens in literally every industry in the world, this should be no different. Everyone needs to chill.

[16:41] <gecko_x2> stfu bitch
[16:41] <gecko_x2> i know more about the us SEC and the illuminati than you could ever dream of
zumzero

Activity: 602

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 07:45:03 PM
Last edit: March 28, 2014, 07:55:45 PM by zumzero

@ Jo, it's very frustrating that Ken won't simply do that isn't it?  We're left wondering why he won't simply pull out his phone and finally put the scam accusations to rest, because that's what asking for photos is doing in Ken's mind.  It's accusing him of being a scammer and requesting that he proves he's not.  It's like saying you are guilty until you prove your innocence.

Surely as a long time ActM community member you should know Ken a little better by now.

He thinks that, at this stage of the game every stage of the game, scam accusations are just ludicrous.  He ain't gonna budge on this because he's probably astounded that, to this day, there are people who still don't believe he's genuine.

I recall a pm I sent him a while ago asking that he provides some sort of evidence and he replied with the question, "How can it be a scam when we invested $1,000,000 of shareholders money into eASIC when I could have already run off with the cash".  So clearly he gave all the 'evidence' he thinks we needed all the way back then.

Don't get me wrong, I see nothing wrong with Ken actually upping a few pics, and I know there are counter arguments to what I'm saying given the history, but I'm trying to show you why he isn't as forthcoming as we might like.

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!
kleeck

Activity: 532

https://karatcoin.co

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 07:47:53 PM

@ Jo, it's very frustrating that Ken won't simply do that isn't it?  We're left wondering why he won't simply pull out his phone and finally put the scam accusations to rest, because that's what asking for photos is doing in Ken's mind.  It's accusing him of being a scammer and requesting that he proves he's not.  It's like saying you are guilty until you prove your innocence.

Surely as a long time and ActM community member you should know Ken a little better by now.

He thinks that, at this stage of the game every stage of the game, scam accusations are just ludicrous.  He ain't gonna budge on this because he's probably astounded that, to this day, there are people who still don't believe he's genuine.

I recall a pm I sent him a while ago asking that he provides some sort of evidence and he replied with the question, "How can it be a scam when we invested $1,000,000 of shareholders money into eASIC when I could have already run off with the cash".  So clearly he gave all the evidence he thinks we need all the way back then.

Don't get me wrong, I see nothing wrong with Ken actually upping a few pics, and I know there are counter arguments given the history, but I'm trying to show you why he isn't as forthcoming as we might like.

But what if I just want some HD pics for a cool background image on my work monitors...? (Which I do!)

█ █████       ▄████▀▄██▀
  █ █████     ▄████▀███▀
  █ █████    ████▀███▀
  █ █████  ▄███▀███▓
  █ █████▄███▀████▀
  █ ███████▀████▀
  █ █████▀▄█████▄
  █ ███▀▄█████████▄
  █ █▀▄██ ▀█████████▄
  █ ▄████   ▀███████▀█▄   
  █ █████     ▀███▀▄████▄
  █ █████       ▀▄████████▄

█████                   
                ▄███  █  ███▄               
             ███      █      ███             
         ▄███         █         ███▄         
       ██    ███████████████████    ██       
    ████            ██ ██            ████   
    ██             █     █             ██   
    █ █           █       █           █ █   
    █ ██         █         █         ██ █   
    █  ██      ██           ██      ██  █   
    █   ██    ██             ██    ██   █   
    █    ██  ██               ██  ██    █   
    █     █ ██                 ██ █     █   
    █     █████████████████████████     █   
    █  ███  ██                 ██  ███  █   
    ███       █               █       ███   
      ███      ██           ██      ███     
         ███     █         █     ███         
            ▀███  ██     ██  ███▀           
                ▀████   ████▀               
▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
toastee

Activity: 62

to the moon, etc.

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 07:52:08 PM

Yes, I am going to use Coinbase.  I need a prestashop plugin, do they have one?

There doesn't seem to be a plugin available for Prestashop yet, and I can't find any evidence of anyone working on one.

BitPay has one though: https://github.com/bitpay/prestashop-plugin

[16:41] <gecko_x2> stfu bitch
[16:41] <gecko_x2> i know more about the us SEC and the illuminati than you could ever dream of
tempestb

Activity: 729

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 07:55:25 PM

Look, every single other investment that it is legit has put up photos of their completed products.  Why do I have to care about Ken's personality in this situation?  I shouldn't.  He's selling a product that was paid for by my and other people's money.  Can I see the product that he's selling?  I don't want to see that mock-up photoshop thing, I want to see the actual in stock item.  I wouldn't mind seeing the "facility" that we paid for as well.  That's part of what being a shareholder is about.  You own a piece of the company.  You have some rights to see financial books, to walk around, to talk to people, to see what is going on.  If Ken would not like me to be a shareholder anymore, he could give me access to my shares and I'd quickly sell them and remove myself form this forum thread and he can have the pleasure of working with those of you that are in this for the long haul.  Unfortunately my shares are held hostage and I can't exit other than just accepting a total loss, which I refuse to do.  I put my money into this and so far I've seen no evidence of anything happening.  I'm not wrong in wanting proof.  If his personality somehow forbids that, then he's the one at fault.

As everyone here has said, including ZZ, it takes the guy 5 seconds to photograph what is there and post it.  If I see proof of the hardware, I'll be quiet and wait around for access to my shares like everyone else, minus some discussion on when we'll actually ever get access to them.  I think this is completely fair.

1D7JwRnoungL1YQy7sJMsqmA8BHkPcKGDJ
We mine as we dream...  Alone
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 07:57:52 PM

Processor Highlights
·Fast-Hash One 28nm ASIC
·Underclocked for greater efficiency or overclocked for greater performance.
·Built in thermal controls that allow the chip optimization without damage to processor.
Warranty:  Quality Controlled Pre-shipping tested against DOA. Experimental No Warranty

Thanks for clearing that up, Ken.

Chips
What is going on with the development of our own chips? Can you share details of what is going on with this? We need more information about what is the progress we have made so far and what we plan to accomplish the next few months. Please share as much information as you can.

We are still working on development of our own chip.

I'm not sure why this was deleted either. It's a legitimate point. If this isn't ActM's custom designed chip then that leaves either rebranded HashFast chips or bought exclusive rights to some other person's/company's chips.

+1. You dont go from 'working on development of our own chip' to using them in the fast-hash-one overnight. Clearly a different chip altogether, likely a coincraft A1 chip

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
MilkyWayMasta

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 07:58:15 PM

Is the product picture photoshop? Looks like a real product to me, even if it's just the front cover.

DISCIPLINA — The First Blockchain For HR & Education
From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
  WEBSITE  TELEGRAM  ANN  BOUNTY  LINKEDIN  WHITEPAPER  Referral Program 5%
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 272 »
  Print  

Jump to: