Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 06:18:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people keep saying BTC is dead?!  (Read 225489 times)
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 672

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 11:00:03 AM

When bitcoin prices goes up,when it goes down, when new merchants adopt,when more users discover, in all these circumstances, some people say its dying, its dying.Bitcoin is not dying. Its actually progressing.The only time we could say bitcoin as dying is, when quantum computing breaks the block chain system.Recently economists have proposed that the cost to the system is $40 per transaction which is incredibly high.Anything above $1per transaction is likely more expensive than any solutions.If this cost does not decline faster, then bitcoin usage as a currency will die due to excessive cost.Bitcoin may indeed be dying due to cost of transactions.Many people are still investing in it.So bitcoin is not dead.The block chain technology will live on long after bitcoin as a major currency.
I don't think that Bitcoin is dying for any reason even if the transactions are high. When I read this article about Bitcoin dying it does not reflect on the price of Bitcoin which as of now is 928$  a dying currency will worth nothing on the part of cryptocurrency but if its Fiat it can be valuable to collectors who want to collect rare money. The price proves that Bitcoin is well and alive.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 11:31:33 AM

Every time, for as long as I remember, that I go on bitcointalk, everyone keeps posting "BTC IS DEAD" "SELL" etc... And then a few Sr/Hero members come and explain how thats wrong.

I just don't get it.

Aren't we used to the price fluctuating by now? Whats with all the crying/moaning about price bubbles, crashing, inflations, Russia, China blablablablablablaaaaa!

Jeez... Do some research before posting, I saw one post which got LOADS of attention, yet the first post was done by paint, with an unlabelled graph which showed wrong data!

This is getting to the point where we are affecting newer members or gullible people into selling/dumping all their coins instead of keeping them. I mean when I come on the forum, I see that its crashing, why would I buy in?

I think we need to stop giving the panicking people attention and focus more on positive sides.

We don't know the reason why they often said that things. Maybe you have a point in that matter, it is their tactics anyway, for believing bitcoin will drop at the price below 800$, of course if that happens they will buy more bitcoins, when things is done accordingly they will wait for the price high.
i think the reason is very simple, some people want bitcoin price to come to a low level and they come able to purchase it in a low price. for this reason they are spreading such kind of news in the market so that people start panic selling. but in fact people are now becoming more mature and most of theme are not ready to sell thier bitcoin in panic selling. we have  good example of bitfinex when the hacking news spread in the marker and some people start panic selling but at 500 USD level the market god a farm support and then it start raising again gradually.

The  reason why these people are spreading is because they have experienced something unusual and negative on bitoins and possibly due to selfish reason. So I made some list on the probable cause why people kept saying bitcoin is dead, as follows;

1. Negative profit
They are not successful in bitcoin investment, instead of making profits they lost their capital possibly due to hackers, scams and the volatility of bitcoin
2. Slow transaction speed
People are tired of the slow transactions speed thats why they thought that this problem may cause bitcoins death
3. Plan to destroy bitcoin
Developers of other cryptocurrency wanted to destroy bitcoin so their coins will be the number one currency online.

Feel free to add on this list... This is my observation why they said bitcoin is dead.
CroIsBest

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 11:38:37 AM

Because they are scared that is main reason ,they see that bitcoin becomed ilegall in some countries and also bitcoin is good for normal pupils so they think that our coutries will not allow that cryptocurrency but that is wrong some countries will not support but most will support bitcoin but also some countries will have own unique nathional cryptocurrency like Sweden and Norway.Bitcoin can die only with bad laws in most world countries which dont give to pupil access to bitcoin and also if new bitcoin cryptocurrency enemy coin come better than bitcoin and also if something come what is even better than every cryptocurrency.
Zisove28

Activity: 181

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 05:03:11 PM

Because they are scared that is main reason ,they see that bitcoin becomed ilegall in some countries and also bitcoin is good for normal pupils so they think that our coutries will not allow that cryptocurrency but that is wrong some countries will not support but most will support bitcoin but also some countries will have own unique nathional cryptocurrency like Sweden and Norway.Bitcoin can die only with bad laws in most world countries which dont give to pupil access to bitcoin and also if new bitcoin cryptocurrency enemy coin come better than bitcoin and also if something come what is even better than every cryptocurrency.

I also think that the government - is the main enemy of Bitcoin. Many countries indicate that Bitcoin is dangerous. Tie the two concepts - Bitcoin and terrorism. All this is bad for the popularization of Bitcoin. Therefore, people do not believe in it
soul-impact

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 12:48:07 PM

I also think that the government - is the main enemy of Bitcoin. Many countries indicate that Bitcoin is dangerous. Tie the two concepts - Bitcoin and terrorism. All this is bad for the popularization of Bitcoin. Therefore, people do not believe in it
I agree to what you say because right now I am living in the country which does not like Bitcoin at all and most of the people think that bitcoin is very dangerous and related to the Multi-level marketing which is known as Ponzi scheme in my country. Therefore, the number of Bitcoin users here is not very high and there are only few people using Bitcoin for the trading purpose. No one wants to learn about Bitcoin or its technologies and techniques. However, Bitcoin will never die, they will soon have to admit this truth

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

DocGTR

Activity: 141

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 02:51:19 PM

I agree to what you say because right now I am living in the country which does not like Bitcoin at all and most of the people think that bitcoin is very dangerous and related to the Multi-level marketing which is known as Ponzi scheme in my country. Therefore, the number of Bitcoin users here is not very high and there are only few people using Bitcoin for the trading purpose. No one wants to learn about Bitcoin or its technologies and techniques. However, Bitcoin will never die, they will soon have to admit this truth

Yes, Bitcoin will never die. If it is officially banned, many people will continue to use it. This will be possible due to its user-friendly technology. The Government is very difficult to monitor the use of Bitcoin. It can only monitor the operation of converting
bestluck

Activity: 658

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 03:39:08 PM

If I look at my country I feel that my government is not enemy to bitcoin because my country is acting neutral to the decision of bitcoin and when it come to the supporters of bitcoin I see that government are more polite with them and often help them in their projects for the promotion of bitcoin.
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 04:28:23 PM

Why do people keep saying BTC is dead?!

Because they are a jealous bunch, most of them are butt hurt because they missed the boat and don't have enough money to buy lots of BTC. So they dream about $1 Bitcoin and how they'll buy thousands if that happens.
if bitcoin is death? Were do they buried it? Reason why there are alot of propagation against bitcoin is because of its nature of decentralization. And the fluctuations in it pricing is because of panicking from the amateurs traders. Since I know about bitcoin when The price was around $150, it has been developing and the price has been increasing. Bitcoin is currently trade at $920.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2017, 04:59:25 PM

This is a feeble pretext which no one would actually believe in. That's likely the reason why we don't really hear any such claims, at least not on a massive scale. On the other hand, if the government, nevertheless, says that Bitcoin is used to finance terrorism, the law-abiding citizens have all the right to ask why the government is not fighting with terrorism itself. Really, if there are no more terrorists left, there would be nothing to finance, right? Otherwise, that would look like the government is not actually fighting with any terrorism at all...

And in fact they might be sponsoring it themselves

DarkIT

Activity: 1176
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 05:18:53 PM

This time, everyone said it was sorry. when they see the price of bitcoin again rising, I think it's become their regret for having said that. and I also believe that there are among those who returned to explore the world of bitcoin to re-make a profit. they just say bitcoin bitcoin die when the price drops.

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
CPLAY - IDO█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L   
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
axorb

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 09:43:24 PM

This time, everyone said it was sorry. when they see the price of bitcoin again rising, I think it's become their regret for having said that. and I also believe that there are among those who returned to explore the world of bitcoin to re-make a profit. they just say bitcoin bitcoin die when the price drops.

I think its a worst mentality of people who start spreading news that bitcoin is dead when they see price going down and they should know that price ups and down will always be a part of bitcoin economy so the people who have listen to others and sold their coins at that stage would be surely regretting for their decision at a moment.
Ewinsane

Activity: 980
Merit: 523

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 10:46:45 PM

I don't know which people are saying that bitcoin is dead. I guess, these people just want to buy bitcoin in a cheaper rate and that's why they are trying to discourage people. However, if bitcoin is dead, then the entire crypto currency market is dead because bitcoin own around 85% of the total crypto currency volume. beat that?

Bitcoin can't be dead that soon. It is backed up by global trust of people. So hate the haters and love the bitcoin.
you are right that people want to spread negative words about bitcoin they really want to discourage people that no one get interest in bitcoin and bitcoin price price will be down and they will easily buy bitcoin in huge amount.
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 11:15:28 PM

I don't know which people are saying that bitcoin is dead. I guess, these people just want to buy bitcoin in a cheaper rate and that's why they are trying to discourage people. However, if bitcoin is dead, then the entire crypto currency market is dead because bitcoin own around 85% of the total crypto currency volume. beat that?

Bitcoin can't be dead that soon. It is backed up by global trust of people. So hate the haters and love the bitcoin.
you are right that people want to spread negative words about bitcoin they really want to discourage people that no one get interest in bitcoin and bitcoin price price will be down and they will easily buy bitcoin in huge amount.
There are many reasons why people do things like that, it could be because they want bitcoin dead or no longer popular, even making bitcoin prices to be down
sunsilk

Activity: 2954
Merit: 620

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 11:38:38 PM

We really can't regret  in the first place and those people who said that bitcoin is dead are the ones that lose their hope with bitcoin.

And now we can see on how bitcoin is getting far each day and week and for the next months. Just don't think about them.

Because bitcoin has a bright future.

deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 12:00:14 AM

maybe because they panic when prices fall and their bitcoin bitcoin sell all of them and they said that bitcoin will die. I think it was a natural thing because of their fear and panic?
boyptc

Activity: 3038
Merit: 681

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 12:43:53 AM

maybe because they panic when prices fall and their bitcoin bitcoin sell all of them and they said that bitcoin will die. I think it was a natural thing because of their fear and panic?

They might be and they might be not, they just want to let the people know false information because they are supporting other projects or coin. And that's really normal when it comes to the market, it's full of competition. But it's clear that they have failed for giving false information because bitcoin now is rising.
bncbnc

Activity: 840

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 07:05:15 PM

Every time, for as long as I remember, that I go on bitcointalk, everyone keeps posting "BTC IS DEAD" "SELL" etc... And then a few Sr/Hero members come and explain how thats wrong.

I just don't get it.

Aren't we used to the price fluctuating by now? Whats with all the crying/moaning about price bubbles, crashing, inflations, Russia, China blablablablablablaaaaa!

Jeez... Do some research before posting, I saw one post which got LOADS of attention, yet the first post was done by paint, with an unlabelled graph which showed wrong data!

This is getting to the point where we are affecting newer members or gullible people into selling/dumping all their coins instead of keeping them. I mean when I come on the forum, I see that its crashing, why would I buy in?

I think we need to stop giving the panicking people attention and focus more on positive sides.

We don't know the reason why they often said that things. Maybe you have a point in that matter, it is their tactics anyway, for believing bitcoin will drop at the price below 800$, of course if that happens they will buy more bitcoins, when things is done accordingly they will wait for the price high.
i think the reason is very simple, some people want bitcoin price to come to a low level and they come able to purchase it in a low price. for this reason they are spreading such kind of news in the market so that people start panic selling. but in fact people are now becoming more mature and most of theme are not ready to sell thier bitcoin in panic selling. we have  good example of bitfinex when the hacking news spread in the marker and some people start panic selling but at 500 USD level the market god a farm support and then it start raising again gradually.

The  reason why these people are spreading is because they have experienced something unusual and negative on bitoins and possibly due to selfish reason. So I made some list on the probable cause why people kept saying bitcoin is dead, as follows;

1. Negative profit
They are not successful in bitcoin investment, instead of making profits they lost their capital possibly due to hackers, scams and the volatility of bitcoin
2. Slow transaction speed
People are tired of the slow transactions speed thats why they thought that this problem may cause bitcoins death
3. Plan to destroy bitcoin
Developers of other cryptocurrency wanted to destroy bitcoin so their coins will be the number one currency online.

Feel free to add on this list... This is my observation why they said bitcoin is dead.

Those people who are saying that bitcoin is dead actually supporting other projects or coin or maybe they want to buy bitcoin in a cheaper rate that is why they are trying to discourage people

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
Question123

Activity: 1624
Merit: 267

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 10:25:37 AM

I think why those people keep saying bitcoin is dead so the holder sell their coin so if the holder sell their bitcoin they have possible to dump. So that people have opportunity to buy a cheap price and I think those people are the dev of many altcoin because if the bitcoin dead one altcoin will shine for sure like bitcoin . as of now I don't think bitcoin die the bitcoin now will become stronger and price is very good thumbs up! 👍👍
Mr. Big
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1179

While my guitar gently weeps!!!

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 10:58:27 AM

I think why those people keep saying bitcoin is dead so the holder sell their coin so if the holder sell their bitcoin they have possible to dump. So that people have opportunity to buy a cheap price and I think those people are the dev of many altcoin because if the bitcoin dead one altcoin will shine for sure like bitcoin . as of now I don't think bitcoin die the bitcoin now will become stronger and price is very good thumbs up! 👍👍

Bitcoin is dead is only in the news... In short to fool the public, specially those who are new to bitcoin and holding an amount... The more the price chart candlesticks with red and longer, the greater the panic of the people... That is what hoarders wants... They will grab all of it... But people are now learning and not affected too much by this heresy... Altcoin devs will never do such news and if they does, people can easily tell...  Smiley
Daedra

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 11:04:43 AM

I consider them as trolls or altcoin shills, it's explicit indicator for me
Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 »
  Print  

Jump to: