Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 12:17:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 [1424] 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 ... 1743 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Blacknet BLN | Staking | Future of zApp & ZeFi  (Read 2509699 times)
L3pje

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

www.l3p.nl

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2014, 06:50:46 PM

all those truth, fact, wise words already told to those flamer, so 

-Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgw-ZBR6O0s
morituri13

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 06:51:40 PM

I am under the impression however, that the role of the PR team is to build a tactile and developed strategy for implementing Blackcoin and helping to build it's infrastructure.

I.E If the PR team's job is to aid in getting Blackcoin adopted by traders (helping with pitches etc), identifying weaknesses with it's message and potential implementation then I am fully 100% behind it. These are the fundamentals we need to be working on right now and a plan for this is badly needed to unify the message. We need to be working out how we can actually develop a supply and demand for Blackcoin and if that is the PR teams job, which is what I imagine it to be, then great. That is a logical step right now. That is why I am not currently against it.

Thanks Arigard! That is our intention. Please bring any ideas you have to help over at:

http://www.reddit.com/r/blackcoin/comments/24p7i5/pr_firm_transparency_and_please_list_your_ideas/
KingSchultz

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 06:53:21 PM

BlackcoinDirectory has been updated. Check it out: http://blackcoindirectory.com

Still in development, but getting closer.

Working on a better adjusting resizing to fit more screen sizes, better menu system, dynamic suggestions, and getting every useful Blackcoin link there is! If you have any suggestions or see something missing, posts are appreciated.

Loving it, btw Blackcoincharts has added charts, not just price index anymore. =D

BET ON BLACK!

Updated to 'Price Index & Trading Charts'. Let me know if you'd like something different there!
Astroxjr

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 06:55:07 PM

Everyone is assuming that the PR company is going to incessantly spew out bastardized advertising. If it does this, then I will not agree with the initiative. I am under the impression however, that the role of the PR team is to build a tactile and developed strategy for implementing Blackcoin and helping to build it's infrastructure.

I.E If the PR team's job is to aid in getting Blackcoin adopted by traders (helping with pitches etc), identifying weaknesses with it's message and potential implementation then I am fully 100% behind it. These are the fundamentals we need to be working on right now and a plan for this is badly needed to unify the message. We need to be working out how we can actually develop a supply and demand for Blackcoin and if that is the PR teams job, which is what I imagine it to be, then great. That is a logical step right now. That is why I am not currently against it.

It is a massive amount of money for very little return.

Something that could have been taken to most universities that would have been cheaper, more pro-active and probably yielded better results.
RouletteRun

Activity: 451

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 07:00:14 PM

Ya know guys? I almost hate coming to this thread to look around these days. For at least the past three days I come here and all I see is infighting and it's becoming a real turn off. I'm nobody huge in the BlackCoin world, I was one of the near original miners and I've both picked up a few and lost a few on the market. My goal is to see BlackCoin succeed and I for one am a huge believer in marketing and spreading the word that BlackCoin exists and anybody who is trying to do that in any way has my two thumbs up. I just hope that we can find a way to end the constant backbiting that is going on and all work on promoting the coin. I understand that the fight is as much about money and who is getting what donations and those donations they are getting could be funding my idea and I need to destroy them so I can get all of the donations. The fact is, maybe not everybody's idea will get funded and that is just kinda the way free market capitalism works, but it seems to me that if you've got the greatest idea, then it should be plain on its face and people will support it. Shooting the purveyor of competing ideas in the back at every turn in order to gain advantage is not helping BlackCoin and if any of you is truly a great idea man or woman and one idea fails, show us how great an idea person you really are by coming up with something that works for BlackCoin and the community.
IconicExpert

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 07:01:23 PM

Everyone is assuming that the PR company is going to incessantly spew out bastardized advertising. If it does this, then I will not agree with the initiative. I am under the impression however, that the role of the PR team is to build a tactile and developed strategy for implementing Blackcoin and helping to build it's infrastructure.

Ok I am going to extend an olive branch here and I will explain why I am against the PR firm.

I dated a woman years ago that worked for a well known ad agency/PR firm in NYC. I love learning about other people professions and I can listen for hours if someone has an interesting profession. We use to talk about her clients (they call them accounts), and she once explained to me how part of her job is to charge the client for ridiculous bs. (They are worse than Lawyers) First they charge you to come up with the plan, and then they make you feel only they can execute the plan effectively, so then they charge you again to implement the plan. But here is the real BS...in all PR firm contracts they will not guarantee positive results. So if you spend $100,000 and their plan flops, oh well we tried maybe next time. She told me never hire a PR firm it is better to hire one or more freelancers which is significantly cheaper and will yield better results.

Now you do not have to believe me or take my advice, but you will quickly realize I am not BSing you. PR firms should be avoided unless you have millions of dollars to spend.

Astroxjr

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 07:02:03 PM

STUFF........................................................

I think we are moved on m8.

Need ideas about the way forwards rather then people continuing to talk about the past. Whats done is done, what can be done is yet to be decided. Smiley
Arigard

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 07:02:26 PM

Something that could have been taken to most universities that would have been cheaper, more pro-active and probably yielded better results.

I teach at a Uni and I have to say that there is no substitute for real project experience. Whilst you can find a lot of talented people with potential, many have not been exposed to the stresses of actually doing what they are learning under pressure and with money involved.

If you want to do things properly and want a good output, you need to pay for it, it's as simple as that. If you don't do this you not only undercut entire professions, but you devalue their experience and expertise.

I don't understand how on the one hand people want the campaigns for Blackcoin to be super professional and then expect them to be cheap, it just doesn't work like that.

TIME
COST
QUALITY

Pick two of those.

bluestskies

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 07:06:03 PM

Except we don't know the ROI. How can you say it's very little when it hasnt even been implemented yet? How do you know a university would "probably" yield better results? They are still in school for a reason.

And not that this should be the forefront but one thing about raising money that catches people's attention is how big and how fast it gets done by the community. Not that it is right but it happens. Coinkite for example. Got added in 24 hours and allmost all the tweets and articles mentions that part. It shows a strong united community.  Again that is not the main focus but it is a nice perk if it can get done. That in itself is nice marketing by injecting confidence in the idea.
morituri13

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 07:08:18 PM

Hi IE. I have experienced PR campaigns that feel as you described, and I have also been through ones that have worked exceptionally well. A lot of PR firms will attempt to nickel and dime you, as you suggested ($1500 for an inhouse infographic that you can easily make yourself) and things of the like. In your very first reaction to this campaign you were surprised we could do anything with a firm for under $40,000. We have worked hard to avoid falling into paying for things of little substance.

Many people have bad experiences with PR firms. Many people have excellent experiences. In some ways its up to how you manage your rep, and your product itself. With BC I feel very confident.
z3r0

Activity: 194

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2014, 07:10:15 PM

BlackcoinDirectory has been updated. Check it out: http://blackcoindirectory.com

Still in development, but getting closer.

Working on a better adjusting resizing to fit more screen sizes, better menu system, dynamic suggestions, and getting every useful Blackcoin link there is! If you have any suggestions or see something missing, posts are appreciated.

Loving it, btw Blackcoincharts has added charts, not just price index anymore. =D

BET ON BLACK!

Updated to 'Price Index & Trading Charts'. Let me know if you'd like something different there!

100% =D thanks alot man!

Live Bitcoin and Crypto News From Around The World
Free Trading Signals - Twitter: @saintcrypto
Absynth

Activity: 40

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 07:12:28 PM

CAN ICONIC ANSWER HOW UCH BTC HE HAS COLLECTED? LIKE 50 PAGES AGO SOMEONE DID THE MATH AND SAYS HES OVER 12K. I HAVE SEEN 3 OTHER PEOPLE ASK HIM TO VERIFY HOW MUCH HE HAS RECEIVED AND HE HAS IGNORED THEM JUST TO FURTHER THIS STUPID FIGHT THATS GOING ON. THE BLOCKCHAIN SHOWS THAT YOU ARE MOVING OUT THE BTC AS FAST AS ITS COMING IN. SO I ASK YOU. HOW MUCH HAVE YOU MADE IN DONATIONS?
Arigard

Activity: 49

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 07:14:17 PM

Quote from: Iconic
Ok I am going to extend an olive branch here and I will explain why I am against the PR firm.

I dated a woman years ago that worked for a well known ad agency/PR firm in NYC. I love learning about other people professions and I can listen for hours if someone has an interesting profession. We use to talk about her clients (they call them accounts), and she once explained to me how part of her job is to charge the client for ridiculous bs. (They are worse than Lawyers) First they charge you to come up with the plan, and then they make you feel only they can execute the plan effectively, so then they charge you again to implement the plan. But here is the real BS...in all PR firm contracts they will not guarantee positive results. So if you spend $100,000 and their plan flops, oh well we tried maybe next time. She told me never hire a PR firm it is better to hire one or more freelancers which is significantly cheaper and will yield better results.

Now you do not have to believe me or take my advice, but you will quickly realize I am not BSing you. PR firms should be avoided unless you have millions of dollars to spend.

I understand your issues, honestly i do. I can see why you would be hesitant if you had personal experience with someone like that and it seems that above everything you are ware of the Black-coin Foundations Judgement.

But I will reply with this, there are no guarentees with most projects, be they visual, financial etc that you will get exactly what you want for your money. Innocent and hardworking people get taken advantage of all the time in every single discipline, that's just business. People lie, they cheat, they cut corners, they tell you things that to an untrained layman is wrong.

Builders, Doctors, Artists, Technicians, PR.. whatever area you want to look at there are always people being taken advantage of.

All you can do is be as thorough in your research as possible and make a balanced, calculated decision based off of recommendations, portfolio and your own judgement. I could sit here and tell you ways people I know have been shady and unprofessional in the discipline I work in too, but that wouldn't be an argument to not go forward with images, animations, promotion videos and public outreach for Blackcoin. The argument you put forward isn't related to the profession, it's related to making the right choice in choosing a trustworthy, honest, hardworking client that will provide you with the output you want for the cost. So far nothing the Blackcoin Foundation has done leads me to believe they would rush into something like this when so much money is at stake and the fact they have pre-raised money themselves means they believe in their own decisions 100%.

Now, it might not work, you might be right. Whether it works, or it doesn't however, I do believe that we as a community need some objective help in building Blackcoin. Most of us are too financially and emotionally involved, it is healthy to have impartial support like this in my opinion and that is why I support it.

But I understand your reservations.
Astroxjr

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 07:14:37 PM

I teach at a Uni and I have to say that there is no substitute for real project experience. Whilst you can find a lot of talented people with potential, many have not been exposed to the stresses of actually doing what they are learning under pressure and with money involved.

If you want to do things properly and want a good output, you need to pay for it, it's as simple as that. If you don't do this you not only undercut entire professions, but you devalue their experience and expertise.

I don't understand how on the one hand people want the campaigns for Blackcoin to be super professional and then expect them to be cheap, it just doesn't work like that.

TIME
COST
QUALITY

Pick two of those.

Your making the assumption that the PR company know about how to market a crypto coin or its concept. Again, its about having past performance to gauge them on. Since its such a secret who they are, then we can only assume.
And as i have stated several times previously - Something that has $x cost does not instantly make it worth $x, its about value.

And I think you do Professors and final graduates a great injustice. Some of the best thinking and fresh ideas comes from fresh minds -exactly what Crypto needs.
Why do you think the technology companies have such a massive presence on Universities ?

Its not a can of beans, a fizzy beverage or an imported SUV.

IconicExpert

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 07:15:12 PM

CAN ICONIC ANSWER HOW UCH BTC HE HAS COLLECTED? LIKE 50 PAGES AGO SOMEONE DID THE MATH AND SAYS HES OVER 12K. I HAVE SEEN 3 OTHER PEOPLE ASK HIM TO VERIFY HOW MUCH HE HAS RECEIVED AND HE HAS IGNORED THEM JUST TO FURTHER THIS STUPID FIGHT THATS GOING ON. THE BLOCKCHAIN SHOWS THAT YOU ARE MOVING OUT THE BTC AS FAST AS ITS COMING IN. SO I ASK YOU. HOW MUCH HAVE YOU MADE IN DONATIONS?

Look at my previous posts! I ANSWERED this yesterday.
ScoobyDood

Activity: 171

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 07:15:40 PM

The BlackCoin community is filled with some of the most creative people in crypto, and now we you will be rewarded for your creativity!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9i6Rd_6uA4&fmt=37

If there is an error in the translation into English of the video, tell me how I could change to make this better
ç

Again, love this vid. Awesome work! Correct the English though: "Why are we attracted to Black". You left out the 'we' and misspelled "attracted". Otherise it looked great.

Here the corrected video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1I73X0Wges

I hope the lyrics are better understood. Thanks for the help!

Much respect and love to the original posters but I thought these songs had a better fit..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrGdBYnNzQA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KprTrUEgP5U If I had the images I could sync it with the music...Proud to be Black Y'all!

poop
Troj

Activity: 66

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 07:16:26 PM

+1 he answered and explained this last night already.
Astroxjr

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 07:17:16 PM

I think he is possibly referring to a post I made that probably got overlooked by you in the middle of all the FUD.

I just asked for an update and if possible could we get a daily update showing where we are at with regards to the funding status, please  Smiley
gpools

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 07:17:27 PM

Grin +1
morituri13

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 07:17:49 PM

Its not a can of beans, a fizzy beverage or an imported SUV.

The company we have selected specializes in tech PR. They provided the presentation we previously attached. The rep we went with was selected due to his familiarity with Crypto.
Pages: « 1 ... 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 [1424] 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 ... 1743 »
  Print  

Jump to: