Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:13:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 [1435] 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 ... 1743 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Blacknet BLN | Staking | Future of zApp & ZeFi  (Read 2509653 times)
morituri13

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 02:29:25 PM

Brammien, marketing is not in our hands. It is in yours, everyday!! Please help us! Generate interest, donate money, give people something to donate too, devise plans, come up with strategies. You are your own foundation!
brammien

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 02:29:51 PM

There is no such thing as absolute central control of Blackcoin.  By its very definition it is a peer to peer, proof of stake, cryptocurrency.  If enough people wanted to go in a different direction they could take control of the code and call for a hard fork.  If they get a majority of the stake coins they would control the coin.  There is nothing any quasi official or semi official group can do.

There can be 1 foundation or 10 and it doesn't matter.  People are free to do as they will.  If you don't like the foundation then make another one.  It really doesn't matter.

I like the current foundation and I also think Iconic should make his own.  Both can exist and do whatever the hell they want.  If someone thinks they are doing dumb things then dont donate.  But please just go do something or go watch a movie.

Judge Neil / Judge Crypto

I am not interested in forming a second "Foundation", I do not think a Foundation is necessary. What I am interested in doing is empowering the community to make crucial decisions. This community was able to accomplish some incredible things in such a short time span, and that was without the Foundation. I have always said the success or failure of BC will rest on this community. If this community is not inspired or motivated the coin will just eventually die.

Yep, motivation is going to tank once officials take over to do it wall. I keep sayting Worldcoin, but it's true, nobody barely helped at all there. Everything had to be discussed with foundation before it was done. It's bad model and a repeat of bs there. I know we have some WDC luckers in IRC, I'm wondering if they gave you guys this horrible idea???
Astroxjr

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 02:31:28 PM

I see http://www.cryptoalts.com/ posted in this thread, got any figures for those ?
Degolep

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 02:32:56 PM

dunno
Astroxjr

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 02:34:39 PM

I really tried to start reading both reddit and blackcointalk. And I still try but I must be too dumb for this.
I don't get it how to read only new comments on reddit. I don't get it how the hell forum is organized.

The only thing reddit seems good for me - up/downvote and that's all.
The only thing blackcointalk seems good for me - development discussions.

I personally prefer to have "all in one" like twitter or facebook feed.
And that's why I prefer this thread over the sites you mentioned.

Just my 2 BLK

That is the point, its not everyone's cup of tea - no matter how much they ram it down peoples throat if they don't like it they will use something that suits them.

I prefer here tbh, anything massively important comes/links here anyway.

XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 02:35:00 PM

Hey man, I really enjoyed reading this, and I thank you for your words.

We are designing a website right now that will answer a lot of those questions, as well as provide information and will be a central point for the community to be able to vote and share their input on various projects. It will also have foundation member bio's as well as our mission statement. We will work with the community to create a set of bylaws as well as instill a set of ethics that every board member will be expected to follow.

I like you light impact Foudation by decentalized voting eg. Smiley
Mayby lets make something like that vote system in our clients by BC possession weight ?
Allmost full transaperency and democcracy ?
Something like Heavycoin have by they vote amount of coins mined.
We can setup mint with some vote parameter. eg. You support network you can vote by having BC in wallet.
And we are troll zone free voting that way.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
Arigard

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 02:39:09 PM
Last edit: May 05, 2014, 03:11:44 PM by Arigard

Quote from: AngryShitStirrer
I have read Arigard brag about his trading on IRC, so I imagine he is quite the active trader and maybe in sizable amounts. He is also in this foundation of yours, isn't he?

Ok, just to be clear. It's pretty common for someone in irc to be happy about making more Blackcoin. If you sit in there for a few days you will see countless people say something to the lines of "Oh cool just made another -insert number- Blackcoin".

Yesterday I mentioned in IRC that I sold at 37k and bought back in at 30k and was able to make a little bit more Blackcoin, 400 in fact (wowomgsuchmonies). That was a pretty obvious wall at 37k that multiple people had already observed.

The fact you are now taking this and twisting it into some agenda is, to be frank, pathetic. -sarcasm mode engaged- I am sure with that 400 Blackcoin I made that I will be able to create my secret Blackcoin police so that I can create martial law to ensure the survival of the Blackcoin Illuminati for the next 1000 years

With my 8k Blackcoin I will surely rise to become Fuhrer of the Foundation  Roll Eyes -sarcasm mode disengaged-.

Seriously, you people bitch about anything. If noone does anything to further Blackcoin you bitch that people are doing nothing for the community, but if people step forward to do positive work, you bitch that they are somehow forming some centralized face (even thought people pretty much agree that it is impossible to centralize a good distributed crypto).  

If you want to do something for Blackcoin, then do it, no one is stopping you. Stop throwing your dummy out the pram because you don't like that some people have taken the initiative.

There can be no 'centralization of Blackcoin'. The Blackcoin Foundation do not own BC, it is a name to bring people with ideas together and nothing more. The only way to control Blackcoin would be to own enough of it that you personally control the system.

If you want to go ahead and make a Blackcoin Government Society, or the Peoples Republic of Blackcoin, then do it. There comes a point where when people with ideas come together, they need a label to work under. It makes it easier for people to identify, to contact and to work with. 
brammien

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 02:41:41 PM

Care guys don't forget to point your miner right.
X11:  stratum+tcp://useast.blackcoinpool.com:5555
Scrypt-N: stratum+tcp://useast.blackcoinpool.com:6666

>> SGminer (Windows)
>>> SPH-SGminer (Windows - Support X11/Groestl/...)

You have to change the kernel in your config : ckolivas TO darkcoin form mining X11 and point it to 5555.

You need SPH-SGminer, and don't worry the share is very low, and look like 0.001, 0.040,...

On a good note, those running the pool are doing a fantastic job. Well done, and glad to see the new X11 now part of the pool. This is where I think you guys succeed and do very well, development is your thing. Keep this part of it up.
dragonmike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 02:55:03 PM

Alright guys I have a bombshell:

1. A foundation promoting BC is good
2. A community promoting BC is good
3. Engaged individuals promoting BC is good

1+2+3 promoting BC is good

1+2+3 fighting eachother is BAD. If we just get along, and accept other people's way of promoting, we just make it easier for promotion to get done. Let's not criticise eachother and all make it happen mmkay?
Astroxjr

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 02:58:11 PM

Alright guys I have a bombshell:

1. A foundation promoting BC is good
2. A community promoting BC is good
3. Engaged individuals promoting BC is good

1+2+3 promoting BC is good

1+2+3 fighting eachother is BAD. If we just get along, and accept other people's way of promoting, we just make it easier for promotion to get done. Let's not criticise eachother and all make it happen mmkay?

welcome to last week - this is a new week and no need to continue the same message over and over and over.

there is no current issues, all is rosey - please leave it that way Smiley
derBruchpilotPro

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 03:03:08 PM
Last edit: May 05, 2014, 03:52:50 PM by derBruchpilotPro

Your concerns about the Foundation are a bit too exaggerated IMHO.

Or should we deny all groups which are supporting BC?
Or only should we only accept investor groups with business-suited members?

I don't think so.

Wallstreet events and the "Foundation" Nerds are the two sides of the same (Black-) Coin.

There might things to be done better (there are always are some things), but I think its really great what already has been moved so far.

Edit: Astroxjr, you're right, lets stop discussing this all.

NEM/XEM!!!
MuffinMaster

Activity: 1414
Merit: 265

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 03:09:09 PM

seems most people have already moved to /r/blackcoin or blackcointalk.com

All I see are walls of text being reposted

mctaino

Activity: 686
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 03:09:24 PM

Guys Anyone at any moment can create a project that will push the blackcoin brand.  You don't have to get permission, just run your project. I don't get what the Fud is all about but someone getting paranoid wanting to throw ignorant information to confuse others.

i've said it from the get go and this is the reality, we have different teams working on different projects.. Thats GREAT ca you imagine if we didn't.  Let's focus on that, lets focus on the positive things that are happening. We have a very strong and engaging community.

At this point we can choose 2 paths.

Destruction or Cooperation

One more time I call for Unity within the groups, unity for a common purpose. You must understand that each team has secrets until the time is right to release info, This doesn't mean there aint transparency. It would be bad to release info on a project that is in early stages and being developed. At that stage nothing is in stone, but once Ideas are completed they are brought forward thats all normal for security of the Idea.

Another thing that people are forgetting Rat4 is not fluent in english. There are very complex things that need to be communicated and people have been helping to bridge that.  

For that an more reasons this bashing has to stop.  Let things run there course and if something is bothering you point it out without mankind baseless attacks that serve nothing but to tarnish the brand and community
brammien

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 03:12:48 PM

Transparency, The Foundation, Business, and Life in general.

The thread definitely seems to be shifting out the abusive smackdown phase and into the phase of the long-and-thoughtful post. All give praise, to the evolving collective consciousness that is Blackcoin. More humor, a lighter and more respectful tone, diminished 'ego', more focus on substance. I truly hope this thread is never shut down as it is an incredibly rich document of the new and largely uncharted social and monetary experiment called crypto.

As succinctly as I can, here are a few thoughts to consider on the questions of transparency, Foundation, insider ops, and running Blackcoin in a healthy, fair, and effective manner:

Absolute transparency on all fronts and at all times: not realistic, nor even possible. Furthermore, beyond certain limits it is not desirable. Closed-doors are to some extent a 'necessary evil'. They are inevitable, and with all their obvious dangers can nonetheless benefit the currency and its investors AS A GROUP. The negative aspects and risks can also be mitigated considerably through proper management and oversight. How well that goes will, yes, depend somewhat on the ethical standards of certain individuals, as well as on the general level of cooperation and orderliness within community as a whole. You need to consider end results, as compared with those of an 'absolute' democracy, with 'absolute' transparency (scare quotes here because these are only possible hypothetically).

Anyone with experience in the corporate world knows that there are things that stay protected within upper management, at least for a time, and for good reason. Planned innovations and other initiatives can be destroyed, lose all their power, be stolen, copied, even turned against one if released prematurely in the name of transparency. YES, the same closed door does create possibilities of abuse. It happens when individuals involved are of low character and sufficient mechanisms are not in place to stop them.

And please, let's not hear the childish refrain that "this is not corporate, this is not a business, this is decentralized!" Some of the same people who objected to my corporate analogies in the past are now making free use of them. Crypto is different from business in the traditional sense, but it also has a great deal in common with it, and every effective plan that been executed for the benefit of Blackcoin to date has been successful due to the business acumen and business-efficacy of the person/people responsible. The analogy largely holds, and we are too early in crypto's evolution to fully grasp where the analogy breaks down and fundamentally different thinking is required. This is largely uncharted territory, and we are the vanguard. We are the first settlers.

Coming back to the Foundation specifically, I strongly approve of its existence and its demonstrated level of conduct and efficacy thus far. I applaud its stated purpose, and its promise as an instrument for good. It's still evolving, and I recommend giving it a chance to do so. That said, if it does not have one already, it should have a charter and by-laws. That should be in written form and available to everyone. And it should be drafted in full view of the community, with all its inputs taken into account. The possibility of an elected oversight committee could also be considered. But these things all take time. Let's allow for that, and in the meantime not hobble ourselves from present action by demanding perfection by 6pm tonight.

Hi thank you for your deep and thoughtful insight. The very nature of crypto is to be decentralized and give "power" to the many. That is why it was created in the first place. If we start going down the path of centralization, then what is the point of crypto? We might as well just use FIAT. Now I agree we must follow some practices used by Corporations, but closed doors is not one. Transparency is key, realistic, and practical in this environment of mistrust and skepticism. If someone wants to steal or copy an idea then so be it, let them. Anytime you have a few speaking for the many, especially when there are millions at stake, it will always lead to disaster. This has been tried before and failed miserably. As soon as BC starts to reach $1.00 and greed kicks in, people true colors will quickly emerge. If friends & family have become bitter enemies over money, what do you think will happen with strangers who have only known each other a few months? Greed, ego, or thirst for "power" will not be a factoer if everything is decentralized. However, any Foundation with multiple people "running" it will inevitably collapse on itself. The major issue with that is by the time the "Foundation" implodes it would have been established as the central core of the community. If it collapses everything around it will collapse. That is why it is key not to give too much control to one entity. Very good example of that is the US government. We have different branches of government for a reason. There has to be checks and balances to prevent absolute control or absolute collapse.

This question is directly for anyone, which we don't know who they are yet, but some we do, that is on or going to be on the foundation. Why not lets just let this issue rest for 3 months. I think as a community we can all agree that BC has been doing well without a foundation. That doesn't me stop doing PR fundraising, but not under a foundation name. I've never been against any ideas like this, let try them all.

Soekip, and others, can you see the wisdom in putting off the foundation for now. Let revisit this idea in 3 months if people still want this. I think for now we should just continue as we are, we are only 2 months old, and by time 3 more months roll around, it won't even be 6 months old.

I think this is a valid compromise for all here. Can you guys address my question here about putting off the idea of the foundation now for 3 months. I think that's fair.
brammien

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 03:14:50 PM

IMPORTANT
Any Chinese speakers here willing to help us get listed on BTC38? I've tried to contact them before but I don't think they're replying to messages in English, as several other people have had the same problem. If you're willing to give it a shot, please go to http://btc38.com/trade_en.html and try to contact them through QQ or by opening a support ticket. They also have a forum over at http://www.coin38.org/ where you can ask them directly. Please help if you can as this would give us a nice boost in volume and some great publicity as the KNC Titan competition is about to start.

I Don't think BC needs the pump and dump brigade

Yes agreed, let's not push to get on there, it's they don't use cryptos and it's pure speculation in china. China has the money, but likely will be one of the last places cryptos will be adopted. I'd steer clear of that as long as we can.
brammien

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 03:17:14 PM

Brammien, marketing is not in our hands. It is in yours, everyday!! Please help us! Generate interest, donate money, give people something to donate too, devise plans, come up with strategies. You are your own foundation!

Huh? How am I the foundation, when I'm not on the foundation? I don't even know who's in the foundation?  Huh
maarx

Activity: 882
Merit: 517

cloverdex.io

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 03:24:33 PM

Huh? How am I the foundation, when I'm not on the foundation? I don't even know who's in the foundation?  Huh

Why dont you start a foundation..?

.What is Cloverdex platform?.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ANN Thread | Website
Telegram | Twitter
Whitepaper | Reddit
bluestskies

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 03:24:40 PM

IMPORTANT
Any Chinese speakers here willing to help us get listed on BTC38? I've tried to contact them before but I don't think they're replying to messages in English, as several other people have had the same problem. If you're willing to give it a shot, please go to http://btc38.com/trade_en.html and and try to contact them through QQ or by opening a support ticket. They also have a forum over at http://www.coin38.org/ where you can ask them directly. Please help if you can as this would give us a nice boost in volume and some great publicity as the KNC Titan competition is about to start.

Hey, that's actually quite a good idea in creating liquidity for blackcoin, i have to be honest that china is not the best market I'd love our coin to be in, nevertheless,

a good idea is to gauge your suggestion with other community members on reddit and blackcointalk

here
http://www.reddit.com/r/blackcoin/

and

here
http://blackcointalk.com/index.php

More people that would discuss about it and know about the effort will help with brainstorming Smiley

Cheers bro!

I really tried to start reading both reddit and blackcointalk. And I still try but I must be too dumb for this.
I don't get it how to read only new comments on reddit. I don't get it how the hell forum is organized.

The only thing reddit seems good for me - up/downvote and that's all.
The only thing blackcointalk seems good for me - development discussions.

I personally prefer to have "all in one" like twitter or facebook feed.
And that's why I prefer this thread over the sites you mentioned.

Just my 2 BLK

It took me a bit to figure out how to read new stuff too, but just click the 'new' tab at the top of the page and it'll switch the view.
brammien

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 03:31:03 PM

Why dont you start a foundation..?

Don't think we need one, and it's bad idea. Think hard about this guys, you can't ever undo a foundation. It just won't happen. The only way is imploding and it failing to end the foundation, and that will be horrible for the coin. So if you want the current people to run this coin until they resign, or fail, then support the idea of the foundation. If not, you'll never be able to hold anyone accountable for poor decisions or your investments will be at the mercy of the foundation. This is the concern, and I feel like only few here get this.

It's not everyday a bunch of young men get a chance to be in charge of millions of dollars without a vote, or any sort of interview process.
morituri13

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 03:49:18 PM

brammien, we only control our own funds. We cannot possibly exert control over millions of dollars. It is a decentralized currency. we are an investment group. We control our funds which we are currently using to help everyone as much as possible. You have caused us to rethink the use of the term foundation because it is clearly causing a lot of issues. We are an investment group. That is all. I think some people have been led astray as to what we can and cannot do.
Pages: « 1 ... 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 [1435] 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 ... 1743 »
  Print  

Jump to: