R9 270 4~6 - 47 (2.8%)
R9 270 6+ - 93 (5.6%)
R9 280X 1~3 - 254 (15.3%)
R9 280X 4~6 - 255 (15.4%)
R9 280X 6+ - 268 (16.2%)
R9 290 1~3 - 150 (9.1%)
R9 290 3~6 - 91 (5.5%)
R9 290 6+ - 298 (18%)
OTHER (please specify in the thread) - 75 (4.5%)
NONE (Mining only) - 35 (2.1%)
Total Voters: 1656

Pages: « 1 ... 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 [282] 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 ... 440 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GPUC] GPU Coin | Mandatory Wallet Update  (Read 421193 times)
smartalxx

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 02:42:11 PM

I think the price for GPUC should remain fairly stable,  once the store opens up and we have some idea about how many GPUC it will cost to get one GPU.   I think the GPUC should be in some way self-correcting because anyone who buys GPUC to get a GPU is going to check it against the value of BTC and their national currency. The volatility might be more connected to BTC volatility than manipulation of the GPUC market.

The only way I see extreme volatility is if there's a lot of dumping all at once or if the GPUC store is the only place where you can find, for example, 290x GPUs.

Honestly, if you believe anyone mines that coin to buy GPUs you are just naive.

Who mines it is planning to dump it as soon as the price is profitable enough. Some of the miners bet on people that are expected buy this coin to get GPUs, but really look at it: You get GPUs quicker and cheaper on big markets than here - especially outside of north america. As said before, the whole model is a flaw, and if the creators are aware of the flaw instead of being totally naive, a scam.
You are forgetting one important factor: Good GPUs are freaking HARD to find.  And if you find them they are extremely expensive.  You might have some inside information or some contact that you can use to get GPUs at a reasonable price, but the average joe doesn't.  This gives us one more method to obtain the GPUs we want.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MCOnyx

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 02:42:34 PM

Any1 knows why i can't connect to gpu.suprnova ? Made account there y-day and after a while i can't reach the site and stratum shows as down.

VidioShare:  VHQRWnpV2MX9WBEnR5NbF4D2gqfkAZbW1H

QORA | 2ND GEN | NEW SOURCE CODE | QWfwFHPJ2GMnW5cMCY6RA7vkfQsBS1P4aL
Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!. StF84GSmES8FSNQdTdhse95CdEYrngdro9
Zackgeno96

Activity: 1778
Merit: 520

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 02:43:27 PM

Today we will begin our first round of bonuses and rewards! We will be picking 3 lucky miners from OakPools to win Battlefied 4 game codes! Come and mine with us for your chance to win!

i dont see that giveaway anywhere

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
goodluck0319

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 02:45:40 PM

how to setup a p2p address on conf file?
shackrat

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 02:47:32 PM

Tax: CEO already posted the thing about taxes: GPUcoin is considered as a commodity and when you buy GPU with GPUC, you are exchanging commodity with commodity, it is tax free.

For those in the USA, that is very dangerous advice.  A graphics card is NOT a commodity, it is a realization of gain on the investment of the cryptocurrency being used to exchange.  Your costs to acquire GPUcoin is considered your basis, and any difference between your cost to acquire and the cost of the card is a gain.

I suggest further reading here.  http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1uccfz/i_am_a_tax_attorney_here_are_my_answers_to_the/

Despite the fact he's a tax attorney who arguably could be looking for clients, my own tax accountant his given me similar advice as well.
dawj20

Activity: 282

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 02:47:41 PM

Wallet address as username. Anything for password. Url is the same format as a regular pool.
xploreredfusion

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 02:50:50 PM

EU P2POOL
http://xploreredfusion.no-ip.biz:9404

24/24h.
Located in Italy (100 Mbps Fiber ) + Backup 4g Connection.
8 GB RAM
8 CORE
1% FEE.
JOIN NOW! ALREADY 100 Mh/s!

http://xploreredfusion.no-ip.biz:9404-u "YOUR ADDRESS" -p x
http://93.58.32.234:9404 -u "YOUR ADDRESS" -p x
  • No registration. Point your miner and go!
  • Automatic payout every block, increasing over the time
  • Our node found a block with just 1 Mh/s!
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 02:53:31 PM

Exactly.  If you can buy GPU's cheaper than newegg etc., and he actually has them in stock, it makes perfect sense to use GPUC.  That's the only question though, will he be able to stock the cards and sell them at a reasonable price.  If he comes in at the same price, there's no reason to use GPUC.

That's what I tried explaining to folks early on in this thread, as some folks were confident GPUC would stand up with a defined value. I said no.. it won't. GPUC is merely the transport vehicle; while a static or at least high value is preferred, it doesn't mean that will be the case. The markets will define the value of the coin. This will be based on their confidence and preference of using GPUC, which is based on the business frontend's ability to outperform its Commercial Competition in quantity/volume.

I like the overall idea of the business model, being based on a product which is in demand, but that is its own Achilles heel--it's a product which is in such high demand that the factories cannot keep up with production. Amazon is the highest volume reseller of GPUs in North America to the consumer market, followed up by Newegg, Tiger Direct, etc.

While GPUCoin will surely be able to garner some sort of partnership with a wholesale or reseller/distributor, they will not be able to outdo Amazon or the others in Accessibility and Volume. They will fill a niche for sure--no doubt about it--but they won't come close to being one of the "go to" places. Especially when, right now, you can use BTC directly on TigerDirect, or buy store giftcards with it--and with Amazon, you can go BTC->Giftcard at a 15-20% discount. So if you're a Prime member, you're getting below MSRP on the GPU's already, and then another 15-20% off of that--with next day delivery, and no quantity limits.

I'm not seeing how GPUCoin can compete with that.

I might be wrong, but this is my assessment.

Edit:

In fact, if I were GPU Coin, in addition to partnerships with resellers/wholesale establishments, I would probably be buying from Amazon and then reselling it. Perhaps this is part of his plan, it would certainly open up volume. He could then make a nice net profit on his side of the ledger if he did this and kept the GPU price below Newegg's pricing.

illiki23

Activity: 602
Merit: 295

Hail Eris!

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 02:56:39 PM

Incorrect or no genesis block found.

Ideas?

Delete the old data from the previous incarnations of GPUcoin. Found under C > users . Appdata > roaming etc

Is that poster above still giving away GPU coins?

GWeoHTzah9By5hR1xCrydDa4ei5VLHug7f  Smiley

There is nothing in my appdata folder to delete.

I am having the same problem.

I was running the old GPUCoin wallet and could not get it to sync so downloaded the new one and am getting this problem.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███    

██████████

██████    

███████████

███████████████    

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████

na]][/font][/font][/size][/font][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table][/tr
LuckyLuke

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 02:58:13 PM

can we get gpucoin on cryptsy?
yaboymarvo

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 03:01:09 PM

can we get gpucoin on cryptsy?
Still way too early for that.
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 03:03:11 PM

I think the price for GPUC should remain fairly stable,  once the store opens up and we have some idea about how many GPUC it will cost to get one GPU.   I think the GPUC should be in some way self-correcting because anyone who buys GPUC to get a GPU is going to check it against the value of BTC and their national currency. The volatility might be more connected to BTC volatility than manipulation of the GPUC market.

The only way I see extreme volatility is if there's a lot of dumping all at once or if the GPUC store is the only place where you can find, for example, 290x GPUs.

Who mines it is planning to dump it as soon as the price is profitable enough. Some of the miners bet on people that are expected buy this coin to get GPUs, but really look at it: You get GPUs quicker and cheaper on big markets than here - especially outside of north america. As said before, the whole model is a flaw, and if the creators are aware of the flaw instead of being totally naive, a scam.
You are forgetting one important factor: Good GPUs are freaking HARD to find.  And if you find them they are extremely expensive.  You might have some inside information or some contact that you can use to get GPUs at a reasonable price, but the average joe doesn't.  This gives us one more method to obtain the GPUs we want.
except that right now the CEO is an average joe  who has never been involved in that business... (so see you in one or two years ?)

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
SP4RK7

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 03:04:33 PM

Ideas?

Delete the old data from the previous incarnations of GPUcoin. Found under C > users . Appdata > roaming etc

I was running the old GPUCoin wallet and could not get it to sync so downloaded the new one and am getting this problem.

As soon as you try to start the wallet an  appdata folder gpucoin is created. Are you looking in the right place?

type %appdata% in the start menu search bar click on Roaming an it should be there delete that folder and start the new gpucoin-qt again
AminerMiner

Activity: 591
Merit: 500

Why oh why Didnt i take the blue pill ?!?!

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 03:04:40 PM

Anyone on here tell me what I should be getting for R9 290 and suggest TC, intensity and worksize setings?

Thought Id jump on this launch late - having stressed out and spat my dummy last time gpu coin launched

Cheers!!!!

setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 200
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
del *.bin
Color 0E
sgminer --kernel zuikkis -o stratum+tcp://POOL:PORT -u ME.MYWORKER -p PASWORDWORKER -I 18 --no-submit-stale --thread-concurrency 24550 -w 256 --lookup-gap 2

these are my settings on r9 290

hope it helps

Jherek

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 03:04:50 PM

That's not true though. If I can get a GPU cheaper using GPUC than using $ then I'll use my GPUC for it. There's no reason for me to dump it on an exchange and convert it to $ just to buy a GPU that's more expensive.

>implying majority of miners want GPUs
illiki23

Activity: 602
Merit: 295

Hail Eris!

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 03:09:10 PM

Ideas?

As soon as you try to start the wallet an  appdata folder gpucoin is created. Are you looking in the right place?

type %appdata% in the start menu search bar click on Roaming an it should be there delete that folder and start the new gpucoin-qt again

There is nothing related to GPUCoin in my appdata folder, there is just a config file for another coin.  I have closed and re-ran GPUCoin wallet and it still does not generate one.

Does it matter that I am using Windows XP?

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███    

██████████

██████    

███████████

███████████████    

███████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████

na]][/font][/font][/size][/font][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table][/tr
Danz0r77

Activity: 574
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 03:09:40 PM

That's not true though. If I can get a GPU cheaper using GPUC than using $ then I'll use my GPUC for it. There's no reason for me to dump it on an exchange and convert it to $ just to buy a GPU that's more expensive.

>implying majority of miners want GPUs

Wasn't implying that at all. I am prepared to go out on a limb though and say that there are probably quite a few people here interested in buying GPUs.
SP4RK7

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 03:11:13 PM

Ideas?

There is nothing related to GPUCoin in my appdata folder, there is just a config file for another coin.  I have closed and re-ran GPUCoin wallet and it still does not generate one.

Does it matter that I am using Windows XP?

It shouldn't make any difference as far as I'm aware
Jherek

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 03:13:41 PM

IF they have them, you still don't know if that store will work at all and can fill the demand. Also he still has to optain them to the actual market price, without the usual marge of course, but he's already second to last in the chain of guys that gonna earn from the demand. So he has to get them at a much lower price than most of the big fishes to sell them so low. And everyone here is betting on that he can actually make it? That's like betting all savings on the underdog at a race...

Furthermore, look at the hashrates, for instance in dedicated pool the no1 has 34,472 kH no1 has 30,154 and so on. That are not potatos that mine there, you need quite fat ass rig to run 30mH on scrypt-n. You really think these do it for cheap GPUs? Seriously...
freeloader1969

Activity: 132

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 03:17:29 PM

Wallet address as username. Anything for password. Url is the same format as a regular pool.

You will also need to add --config xxxxxxx  to your batch file.

Example batch file for config file called gpucoin.conf

vertminer.exe --config gpucoin.conf

gpucoin.conf would look like..

Code:
{
"pools" : [
{
"url" : "http://ipaddress and port here for p2pool",
"user" : "walletaddress_here",
"pass" : "password"
}

],

Your settings here....

}
Pages: « 1 ... 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 [282] 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 ... 440 »
  Print  

Jump to: