R9 270 4~6 - 47 (2.8%)
R9 270 6+ - 93 (5.6%)
R9 280X 1~3 - 254 (15.3%)
R9 280X 4~6 - 255 (15.4%)
R9 280X 6+ - 268 (16.2%)
R9 290 1~3 - 150 (9.1%)
R9 290 3~6 - 91 (5.5%)
R9 290 6+ - 298 (18%)
OTHER (please specify in the thread) - 75 (4.5%)
NONE (Mining only) - 35 (2.1%)
Total Voters: 1656

Pages: « 1 ... 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 [300] 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 ... 440 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GPUC] GPU Coin | Mandatory Wallet Update  (Read 421191 times)
bingoberra

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 01:14:25 PM

Also, since his initial order was only 80 - 280x's.  He should limit 2 per person when the store opens, until he gets more.  Otherwise, the big dog IPO's will clean house. 

Actually, there's a 1 GPU limit according to the store page: http://www.gpucoin.net/store.html. That's just per day though, but at least it would prevent the big spenders from emptying the stocks instantly.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 01:17:19 PM

Also, since his initial order was only 80 - 280x's.  He should limit 2 per person when the store opens, until he gets more.  Otherwise, the big dog IPO's will clean house. 

This I agree with.

This is why he needs to be constantly working on a better source, which I'm sure he is. For this idea to take off like a rocket, he needs constant supply and high volume. On a bad day, I can buy 2 GPU's/day using BTC mining most random coins. The more flow he can provide, the greater value GPUC will have.

If he could actually keep up with demand.. GPUC will shoot up.. exponentially. By limiting flow.. you're stifling growth.

As to where the money is going.. if he's smart, he'll recycle it into the business and not his pocket.

djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 01:19:52 PM

Something I don't understand in this business model, is how he will be able to sell all the gpucoins people will be sending him into real money accepted by his suppliers without hurting the gpucoin market because that will create an offer which could clearly become much higher than the demands.

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
illiki23

Activity: 602
Merit: 295

Hail Eris!

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 01:22:50 PM

Hello. What's the current market rate for GPUC? Anyone know if the store is still scheduled to open in 2 weeks? Thanks.

Current price between 25 sats and 45 sats I wouldn't pay to much attention to the price at the moment though.

As far as I'm aware store was due to open 2 weeks after launch an update would be nice though

Thanks. Yeah, an update from the CEO regarding the store and GPU order status would be nice.  Hopefully he is planning to order more GPU's because I don't think 80 will last very long.  

+

I would really like to know his business plan with respect to where the money will go after the first round of GPU purchases.

May sound like a wild guess, but I would say his pocket... It's business not a charity...

No business owner will put all profits into pocket.  There has to be some amount they are intending to reinvest and grow the business as part of their business model - at least what they are aspiring and intending to do if things work out ideally.  Any real business will have these metrics established as part of their business plan.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███    

██████████

██████    

███████████

███████████████    

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████

na]][/font][/font][/size][/font][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table][/tr
trademark
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 01:29:14 PM

Actually, there's a 1 GPU limit according to the store page: http://www.gpucoin.net/store.html. That's just per day though, but at least it would prevent the big spenders from emptying the stocks instantly.

If he sets a 1 GPU daily limit. He should charge shipping per card per day and not combine all orders within a week or so and ship them out at once. This will limit the big dogs. He will also profit not only on the cards but on the shipping.
vesperwillow

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 01:30:59 PM

Something I don't understand in this business model, is how he will be able to sell all the gpucoins people will be sending him into real money accepted by his suppliers without hurting the gpucoin market because that will create an offer which could clearly become much higher than the demands.

Put it on an exchange at market value. The system should manage itself. Unless people try to crash the coin itself, they won't over-value it. Then just convert the BTC, just like any other coin.

GPUC -> BTC

vesperwillow

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 01:32:02 PM

If he sets a 1 GPU daily limit. He should charge shipping per card per day and not combine all orders within a week or so and ship them out at once. This will limit the big dogs. He will also profit not only on the cards but on the shipping.

Or he could be smart and keep his margins thin in order to promote business initially, and then profit on volume as things move forward.

illiki23

Activity: 602
Merit: 295

Hail Eris!

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 01:35:27 PM

May sound like a wild guess, but I would say his pocket... It's business not a charity...

I don't think you understood my question.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███    

██████████

██████    

███████████

███████████████    

███████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████

na]][/font][/font][/size][/font][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table][/tr
djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 01:54:47 PM

Put it on an exchange at market value. The system should manage itself. Unless people try to crash the coin itself, they won't over-value it. Then just convert the BTC, just like any other coin.

GPUC -> BTC
The system doesn't really manage itself. It is managed by traders who make their profit by buying low and selling higher.
So each time there will be a sell, a large amount of gpucoin will be released and put on sell and the shop will be in the obligation to sell their coins to get btc's (I mean will he have the possibility to wait ?).
Looks to me any trader will do his best to push down the value before buying it ?

For other coins anybody buy and sell. But with gpucoin, there will be mostly one big seller. So you just need to put the pressure on him to basically destroy the market.

djm34 facebook page
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
Jherek

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 01:58:25 PM

I see what you did thar  Grin
SP4RK7

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:00:03 PM

GPUC -> BTC
The system doesn't really manage itself. It is managed by traders who make their profit by buying low and selling higher.
So each time there will be a sell, a large amount of gpucoin will be released and put on sell and the shop will be in the obligation to sell their coins to get btc's (I mean will he have the possibility to wait ?).
Looks to me any trader will do his best to push down the value before buying it ?

The price in GPUC per GPU will have to change in real-time.

At current prices a 280x is going to be around 2.3 million GPUC I can't see it staying at that price for long though
vesperwillow

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:00:41 PM

GPUC -> BTC

Examine any of the business related coins and you'll see the value isn't that important so long as it doesn't tank to 1 satoshi. The coin is simply the transport mechanism, a conveyor belt. Of course the more its worth, the easier it is to move.

The reason for this is because the storefront has to cash the coin out to bitcoin anyhow, so he's using the same method traders or you guys would to buy or sell the coin: the same exchanges. He will be forced to dynamically adjust pricing of GPUs for this reason. If he keeps it static--trying to force a market value--day traders and bot traders could undermine him. Instead, he will go with market flow. If it takes 5 million GPUC to buy a $150 card, then that's what it takes. The next day it might take 1million.

Sortof like bitcoin.

dannyvjp

Activity: 271

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:01:00 PM

How do you buy a card without gpu coin? you dont, so you need to buy gpu coins....Its (when it works) not a dump and pump coin
SP4RK7

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:02:49 PM

How do you buy a card without gpu coin? you dont, so you need to buy gpu coins....Its (when it works) not a dump and pump coin

Exactly or mine obviously. This is why the price will go up ands is also why I don't understand people who are dumping GPUC for nothing now
Jherek

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:07:25 PM

Implying I couldnt buy a GPU without GPUCoin. The opposite is fact now: I can not buy GPUs with GPUCoin because the store is not there and it's still unsure if it will ever open.
How do you know, that the CEO still working on getting the store running or if he's already roasting his tan in the sun of hawaii with your BTC? You did not get any updates here, did you?
vesperwillow

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:08:37 PM

I would say you should hope people don't mine and dump it, they certainly could.

djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 02:09:07 PM

I see what you did thar  Grin

Yes but who buy gpu's ? Miners.
How do they get their coins ? By Mining not by buying (unless it becomes very cheap)

djm34 facebook page
NickPortland

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:10:22 PM

Forget about GPUs for a minute,

when are we gonna list this baby on a decent Exchange?

Official Ambassador for UTC-PND relations
*donations here*
 UTC: Ujff1xrc8brmHkRaFG3BcG5nVScXdh5Wu1 BTC: 159uuxJCfUsG44N52NUsydi2bCNeFSYyTi
vesperwillow

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:11:11 PM

Forget about GPUs for a minute,

when are we gonna list this baby on a decent Exchange?

Probably within a month, as the storefront was coming online within 2 weeks.

SP4RK7

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:13:09 PM

I see what you did thar  Grin

Yes but who buy gpu's ? Miners.
How do they get their coins ? By Mining not by buying (unless it becomes very cheap)

Unless they have only mined 500,000 coins and need to buy another 500,000 to purchase a new GPU

It will be like getting an extra discount on an already cheap card
Pages: « 1 ... 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 [300] 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 ... 440 »
  Print  

Jump to: