R9 270 4~6 - 47 (2.8%)
R9 270 6+ - 93 (5.6%)
R9 280X 1~3 - 254 (15.3%)
R9 280X 4~6 - 255 (15.4%)
R9 280X 6+ - 268 (16.2%)
R9 290 1~3 - 150 (9.1%)
R9 290 3~6 - 91 (5.5%)
R9 290 6+ - 298 (18%)
OTHER (please specify in the thread) - 75 (4.5%)
NONE (Mining only) - 35 (2.1%)
Total Voters: 1656

Pages: « 1 ... 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 [303] 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 ... 440 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GPUC] GPU Coin | Mandatory Wallet Update  (Read 421191 times)
SP4RK7

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 05:33:23 PM

Who's idea was it to make a coin that has no profit. Idiots.. Dev and CEO you haven't thought this through have you again.... It costs me about £3 per day to mine gpu coin,at the current rate i am getting 20k gpu  per day. Now sell those on the exchange for $4 i just about break even.

Whats the point.... Do what everyone else is doing and mine other coins then buy on the exchange if you think there is any point..

cheers

Your mistake is you are treating this coin like any other where you mine and dump for profit.

If that is what you want you would be better mining DOGE or something else

The price of this coin will rise when the shop front opens then it's up to you whether you dump or use what you have to buy a new gpu
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptowest

Activity: 437

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 05:36:19 PM

Who's idea was it to make a coin that has no profit. Idiots.. Dev and CEO you haven't thought this through have you again.... It costs me about £3 per day to mine gpu coin,at the current rate i am getting 20k gpu  per day. Now sell those on the exchange for $4 i just about break even.

Whats the point.... Do what everyone else is doing and mine other coins then buy on the exchange if you think there is any point..

cheers

Devs have nothing to do with the high level design decisions, those are from the CEO.

It's a different setup, low block payout with high total coins. You have to consider he is backing the coin with actual merchandise, and even at the current block payout, its still 28 million coins per day being mined.
trademark
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 05:36:28 PM

Who's idea was it to make a coin that has no profit. Idiots.. Dev and CEO you haven't thought this through have you again.... It costs me about £3 per day to mine gpu coin,at the current rate i am getting 20k gpu  per day. Now sell those on the exchange for $4 i just about break even.

cheers

Unlike other coins. GPU pricing sets the price of gpucoin.  If the CEO wants to make his coin profitable. He will set the price of the GPU low. I say 750,000 to 1million per 280x sounds right.  He doesn't even need to have the product in hand yet. Just create a webpage for his store and put "estimated gpuc price will be _________"  The market will immediately correct itself.  That's it. Easy peasy.  Man, I wish I was in control of this coin.  
SP4RK7

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 05:39:15 PM

cheers

Unlike other coins. GPU pricing sets the price of gpucoin.  If the CEO wants to make his coin profitable. He will set the price of the GPU low. I say 750,000 to 1million per 280x sounds right.  He doesn't even need to have the product in hand yet. Just create a webpage for his store and put "estimated gpuc price will be _________"  The market will immediately correct itself.  That's it. Easy peasy.  Man, I wish I was in control of this coin.  

The price of the new GPU's will be decided by the price of the coin on the exchange, the CEO says this on the first page.
trademark
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 05:41:47 PM

cheers

The price of the new GPU's will be decided by the price of the coin on the exchange, the CEO says this on the first page.

That shouldn't be fixed. Bad choice if it is. Only top dog IPOs will be able to purchase them then. No one will want to mine it since it's not profitable (yet).
madbit1000

Activity: 415

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 05:43:46 PM

cheers

Your mistake is you are treating this coin like any other where you mine and dump for profit.

The price of this coin will rise when the shop front opens then it's up to you whether you dump or use what you have to buy a new gpu

I never dump coins. I have a varied selection of coins in my stacks of wallets.

But, i like to see some value in a coin in case i ever need to sell.

You should not buy a warrant unless you are prepared to sustain a total loss of the money you have invested plus any commission or other transaction charges
SP4RK7

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 05:47:15 PM

Who's idea was it to make a coin that has no profit. Idiots.. Dev and CEO you haven't thought this through have you again.... It costs me about £3 per day to mine gpu coin,at the current rate i am getting 20k gpu  per day. Now sell those on the exchange for $4 i just about break even.

cheers

That shouldn't be fixed. Bad choice if it is. Only top dog IPOs will be able to purchase them then. No one will want to mine it since it's not profitable (yet).

It's not fixed if the price goes up on the exchange which I think it will you will obviously need less GPUC to purchase a new GPU

for example as I stated earlier

at 0.00000045 (current price) you will need 1.725 million GPUC to purchase a 280x
at 0.00000450 (price coin started) you will need 172,500 GPUC to purchase a 280x this is only 8 days mining at current difficulty at 1 MH/s
Cyber_Punk

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 05:49:02 PM

cheers

And one full day after release determines the value  Roll Eyes
trademark
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 05:51:01 PM

cheers

It's not fixed if the price goes up on the exchange which I think it will you will obviously need less GPUC to purchase a new GPU

at 0.00000045 (current price) you will need 1.725 million GPUC to purchase a 280x
at 0.00000450 (price coin started) you will need 172,500 GPUC to purchase a 280x this is only 8 days mining at current difficulty at 1 MH/s

True, but say it stays at the current price by the time the store opens in 2 weeks.  Only IPO's like myself will be able to get one. Not good for the coin.
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 05:54:21 PM

True, but say it stays at the current price by the time the store opens in 2 weeks.  Only IPO's like myself will be able to get one.

And when the IPO's buy GPUs, within hours everyone else will be able to buy the GPUC you guys used to buy the product with.

And so the cycle continues.

SP4RK7

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 05:56:33 PM

cheers

True, but say it stays at the current price by the time the store opens in 2 weeks.  Only IPO's like myself will be able to get one.

I think that is pretty unlikely.

If the price stays the same and you only manage to mine 800,000 coins and you need 1.6 million, it makes sense that you would go to an exchange buy some more GPUC for bitcoin

This would raise the price of GPUC and also bring down the price of the new GPU you were about to buy
madbit1000

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 05:58:49 PM

cheers

And one full day after release determines the value  Roll Eyes

I see your point, but i have watched so many coins over the last 3 months studying them daily. And not many coins last to get higher than 10 times their initial value. I hope GPU coin can produce the goods. i really do. That's why i am here and an IPO member.

You should not buy a warrant unless you are prepared to sustain a total loss of the money you have invested plus any commission or other transaction charges
madbit1000

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 06:00:46 PM

I suppose one we open up on more exchanges. there will be more buyers which will push the price higher. We will just have to wait and see.

trademark
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 06:03:12 PM

cheers

True, but say it stays at the current price by the time the store opens in 2 weeks.  Only IPO's like myself will be able to get one.

I think that is pretty unlikely.

If the price stays the same and you only mange to mine 800,000 coins and you need 1.6 million, it makes sense that you would go to an exchange buy some more GPUC for bitcoin

This would raise the price of GPUC and also bring down the price of the new GPU you were about to buy

That's if they mine that many.  I am only mining because I'm an IPO and am thinking long term.  There are other coins that are currently more profitable right now which is why our hashrate is dropping.
trademark
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 06:06:21 PM

And when the IPO's buy GPUs, within hours everyone else will be able to buy the GPUC you guys used to buy the product with.

If the GPUC does not get the needed support. No one will buy it and the CEO will not be able to cash in to order more GPU's. Cycle will eventually end and CEO has a bunch of GPUC to stare at in his wallet.
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 06:08:43 PM

If the GPUC does not get the needed support. No one will buy it and the CEO will not be able to cash in to order more GPU's. Cycle will eventually end and CEO has a bunch of GPUC to stare at in his wallet.
He will always be able to create a new coin and call for new IPO  Grin
That's the beauty of this sytem

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 06:09:13 PM

True, I mentioned this at the outset of this endeavour, but it also isn't a bad thing for the owner. He'll win either way.

He's an owner btw, not a CEO.

madbit1000

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 06:12:04 PM

True, I mentioned this at the outset of this endeavour, but it also isn't a bad thing for the owner. He'll win either way.

He's an owner btw, not a CEO.

Technically he is the director. So we are both wrong..

kcheel

Activity: 188
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 06:30:47 PM

cheers

This exactly.  Surely he knows this and doesn't just use the current exchange avg.  He can heavily influence the pricing using the first batch of GPU's he has already ordered.
SP4RK7

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 06:38:20 PM

cheers

This exactly.  Surely he knows this and doesn't just use the current exchange avg.  He can heavily influence the pricing using the first batch of GPU's he has already ordered.

This wont work if the GPU price is not linked directly to the exchange price someone only needs to crash the market to pretty much destroy the business.
Pages: « 1 ... 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 [303] 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 ... 440 »
  Print  

Jump to: