Bitcoin Forum
July 03, 2024, 10:32:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814501 times)
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 06:19:55 PM

And here I thought the purpose of a new altcoin everyday was to drive people like me crazy...

http://www.coindesk.com/need-altcoins-can-get/

Surely there must be a better way - like a coin I.Q. test before launch!

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 10:20:50 PM

And here I thought the purpose of a new altcoin everyday was to drive people like me crazy...

http://www.coindesk.com/need-altcoins-can-get/

Surely there must be a better way - like a coin I.Q. test before launch!

DNotes will be six months old on August 18, 2014. When DNotes reached the age of 5 years old on February 18, 2019 Digital Currency will be a mainstream currency in global commerce with DNotes being the preferred currency. When baby Lily is ready to apply for admission to the best college of her time in 2031, at cost over $1 million she will find out that she has more than enough funds in her Baby Dnotes account to pay for it. That is the mentality of the DNotes' team and its community. We are designed to survive the test of time. We are not just a test of concept, which the author implied that many of the alt coins are. Sad reading.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 06:08:34 PM

From Cryptomoms:

Quote from: Chase on Today at 01:35:03 PM
Bitcoin Fact:   Nobody is in charge!

Considering all successful major businesses ( and countries for that matter) in the world have very strong leadership, it makes me wonder how Bitcoin will fare with the way it is structured.

It has been a while since I last actively participated in Cryptomoms’s forum. I will start devoting more time supporting Cryptomom and DNotes soon. In the meantime, I just can’t skip over this leadership issue Chase alerted our attention to. I am not sure where Chase read about it. This is factual, well known, and well regarded as one of the important principals of the decentralized digital currency not controlled or owned by a single individual, group, state or nation. I will be covering these concepts in one of my future posts.

http://www.vox.com/cards/bitcoin/who-is-in-charge-of-bitcoin:

Who is in charge of Bitcoin?
No one is in charge of Bitcoin. The Bitcoin network is based on the consensus of everyone who participates in it. The rules of the Bitcoin game give everyone on the network an incentive to follow the rules that were established by Bitcoin’s founder Satoshi Nakamoto.
The standard Bitcoin software is an open source project. It is managed by Gavin Andresen, a computer programmer who was nominated for the role by Nakamoto. But not everyone on the Bitcoin network uses this software. Others have developedindependent Bitcoin implementations, and people are free to modify the official Bitcoin client for their own purposes.
Andresen is an employee of the Bitcoin Foundation, a non-profit organization that is the closest thing Bitcoin has to a public face. But while the foundation often represents the views of the Bitcoin community, it doesn’t have any formal authority over the Bitcoin network.

« Last Edit: Today at 06:05:42 PM by Shepherd »
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 11:09:15 PM

From Cryptomoms:

Considering all successful major businesses ( and countries for that matter) in the world have very strong leadership, it makes me wonder how Bitcoin will fare with the way it is structured.

It has been a while since I last actively participated in Cryptomoms’s forum. I will start devoting more time supporting Cryptomom and DNotes soon. In the meantime, I just can’t skip over this leadership issue Chase alerted our attention to. I am not sure where Chase read about it. This is factual, well known, and well regarded as one of the important principals of the decentralized digital currency not controlled or owned by a single individual, group, state or nation. I will be covering these concepts in one of my future posts.

No one is in charge of Bitcoin. The Bitcoin network is based on the consensus of everyone who participates in it. The rules of the Bitcoin game give everyone on the network an incentive to follow the rules that were established by Bitcoin’s founder Satoshi Nakamoto.
The standard Bitcoin software is an open source project. It is managed by Gavin Andresen, a computer programmer who was nominated for the role by Nakamoto. But not everyone on the Bitcoin network uses this software. Others have developedindependent Bitcoin implementations, and people are free to modify the official Bitcoin client for their own purposes.
Andresen is an employee of the Bitcoin Foundation, a non-profit organization that is the closest thing Bitcoin has to a public face. But while the foundation often represents the views of the Bitcoin community, it doesn’t have any formal authority over the Bitcoin network.

I have known about the structure of Bitcoin since I first got involved with it last year, but it wasn't until I saw "nobody is in charge" in writing a while ago, that my eyes were really opened up as to how unusual this really is.  The rest of my post is just my mind wondering and wandering - how will Bitcoin fare and compare with the leadership model for business we are all used to.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 01:03:20 PM
Last edit: August 11, 2014, 08:54:40 PM by Dyna

From Cryptomoms:

I have known about the structure of Bitcoin since I first got involved with it last year, but it wasn't until I saw "nobody is in charge" in writing a while ago, that my eyes were really opened up as to how unusual this really is.  The rest of my post is just my mind wondering and wandering - how will Bitcoin fare and compare with the leadership model for business we are all used to.

This is a fascinating subject, but rather tricky to accurately comment on. It is not exactly correct that no one is in charge or that there is no leadership. Since Bitcoin, and all other altcoins, including DNotes, is not owned by a single individual, group, state, or nation; so legally, no one is in charge or obligated to. This can be best labeled as “ownership at will” Hence, one can be a day trade or a long term investor with complete freedom to change ownership position without notice. This makes it nearly impossible for any altcoins to have sustainable stability. The fact that DNotes has been consistently stable is quite an accomplishment. Can it hold up over time is my challenge of the day, everyday. Having the leadership to constantly address this issue has certainly been an advantage.

The community is charge, sometime with additional help from a more formal organization, the foundation. The community can best be described as a group of individuals interested to promote and protect their self interest, in this case, their investment. As they interact with one another, one or more among them become informal leaders expected to lead in different areas. Altcoins thrive or fail by their community. They all claimed at one time or another that they have a strong community. The DNotes team recognized this as a serious weakness right at the onset. We too believe that a strong community is very important. However, what is even more important is a long term leadership commitment to provide strategic directions and funding. This allows DNotes to be managed like a real world business where someone is in charge with dependable long term leadership and strategic directions. We strategize, prioritize, plan, motivate, direct, coordinate, exploit, evaluate and make adjustments, among many things capable leaders do. Dedicated long term leadership commitment with adequate funding is critical to our success, allowing DNotes to do things others can’t or wouldn’t do.

I would venture to say that Bitcoin has done reasonably well under its current model of “No one is in charge.” Sometimes, poor leadership can be more damaging. That is another subject, perhaps for another day. All things being equal, organized groups with a good leader will out perform other groups with no leadership or poor leadership.

The high rate of failure in our industry is troubling. Perhaps being decentralized with no one in charge is a major contributor. This is an interesting subject for further discussion.

runhuayi

Activity: 41
Merit: 10

Crypto

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 01:05:43 AM

dyna!We are #1 on list of mintpal!we can exchange next week on mintpal!
---------------------------------------------------------------------

You can tell us  how many peoples are Our development team of dnotes,And who they are!¬?

Free Distribution 50,000,000 VPNCOIN  !!! (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=789961.0)钱包地址:Vuq19KLsjvU21Z7MaEBj44KN5m5YcggcQG
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 03:35:50 AM
Last edit: August 12, 2014, 06:17:21 PM by Dyna

You can tell us  how many peoples are Our development team of dnotes,And who they are!¬?

We are indeed #1 on Mintpal voting list. Thanks for the great efforts. Do not take anything for granted. Keep voting. If DNotes ended up with an all time high record, that is another achievement to be proud of.

DNotes's policy is not to disclose specifics on projects we are working or details of our development team. What I can tell you is that we have a highly qualified team working on multiple projects deemed essential in meeting our strategic objectives. However, there is an internal discussion as to whether it is appropriate to officially introduce our Lead Developer as part of our next press release in the next sixty days. To ensure that DNotes is the most stable digital currency, our strategic preference is for DNotes to be valued based on what has been delivered and not what we hope to deliver at some point in the future.

P.S. This post has been edited at the request of our Development Team's preference to remain low profile.
runhuayi

Activity: 41

Crypto

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 07:03:22 AM

We are indeed #1 on Mintpal voting list. Thanks for the great efforts. Do not take anything for granted. Keep voting. If DNotes ended up with an all time high record, that is another achievement to be proud of.

DNotes's policy is not to disclose specifics on projects we are working or details of our development team. What I can tell you is that we have a highly qualified team working on multiple projects deemed essential in meeting our strategic objectives. However, there is a general consent to officially introduce our Lead Developer as part of our next press release in the next sixty days. To ensure that DNotes is the most stable digital currency, our strategic preference is for DNotes to be valued based on what has been delivered and not what we hope to deliver at some point in the future.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I've been following DNotes since launch.we have a highly qualified team working on multiple projects deemed essential in meeting our strategic objectives.All waiting to be valued.
Thanks  for you hard working!Dyna!

Free Distribution 50,000,000 VPNCOIN  !!! (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=789961.0)钱包地址:Vuq19KLsjvU21Z7MaEBj44KN5m5YcggcQG
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 12:45:46 PM

DNotes's policy is not to disclose specifics on projects we are working or details of our development team. What I can tell you is that we have a highly qualified team working on multiple projects deemed essential in meeting our strategic objectives. However, there is a general consent to officially introduce our Lead Developer as part of our next press release in the next sixty days. To ensure that DNotes is the most stable digital currency, our strategic preference is for DNotes to be valued based on what has been delivered and not what we hope to deliver at some point in the future.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I've been following DNotes since launch.we have a highly qualified team working on multiple projects deemed essential in meeting our strategic objectives.All waiting to be valued.
Thanks  for you hard working!Dyna!

You are correct. A lot of the hard work we are putting in is “waiting to be valued”. That is done by design to make the price of DNotes more stable. When the unknowns are not priced in, DNotes is more likely to be under valued. Should the price of DNotes declines to the extend of reaching the last higher low, our stake holders are a lot more confident in acquiring more DNotes for long term investment, confident that over time the value will be reflected resulting in a long-term gain of their investments. When the demand curve is reversed, the up trend continues. For this model to work best, the value of DNotes must be supported by strong fundamentals. Specifically, we cannot over- promise and under-deliver.  It is also risky for us to prematurely announce or launch products that have not been successfully tested.  We are making every attempt to avoid DNotes being priced to perfection, as there are always factors become our control that could have a negative impact.

Price stability and reliable appreciating value are the biggest challenges confronting the mass adoption of digital currencies. These include Bitcoin, DNotes and other Altcoins. There is a lack of understanding and appreciation for the three most important functions of digital currency to work well (unit of account, medium of exchange, and store of value). To be continued:
RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2014, 04:11:33 PM

As of 1200 hrs EST, 8/12/14, DNotes is currently #1 on MintPal's voting list with over 600 votes separating us from the next coin, BitCoinTalk! Time to step up the pressure even more, we now need to hold #1 for the rest of August.

Way to go people!!!!

EDIT: Just saw this already posted but, I'll leave it up anyway!  Smiley

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 05:53:31 PM

New Update on Mintpal Voting:

As of 12:52 pm (CST) DNotes has received 28,077 votes, an overwhelming lead of 6,345 votes over our closest competitor. Keep voting.

Great team work has the ability to allow common people to attain uncommon results. DNotes’ inherent strength is our commitments to go the extra mile in doing things others can not or will not do. This is our theme for success. We are willing to work harder and wait longer to do things right. Great job!
SmokeysGardens

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 07:08:49 PM

As of 12:52 pm (CST) DNotes has received 28,077 votes, an overwhelming lead of 6,345 votes over our closest competitor. Keep voting.

Great team work has the ability to allow common people to attain uncommon results. DNotes’ inherent strength is our commitments to go the extra mile in doing things others can not or will not do. This is our theme for success. We are willing to work harder and wait longer to do things right. Great job!

Yoda: (my nickname for the person you guys know as Dyna)

The most important thing I have learned from you is this: If you are willing and able to do things others can not, or will not, you will succeed, no matter what the setting. This applies to individuals, companies, and any group effort.

You have taught me hundreds, if not thousands of principals, both personal and bussiness. This one "rule" stands out among all the others.

Grasshopper
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 07:29:43 PM

Yoda: (my nickname for the person you guys know as Dyna)

The most important thing I have learned from you is this: If you are willing and able to do things others can not, or will not, you will succeed, no matter what the setting. This applies to individuals, companies, and any group effort.

You have taught me hundreds, if not thousands of principals, both personal and bussiness. This one "rule" stands out among all the others.

Grasshopper

Thanks. I am humbled.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 09:01:34 PM

Good work with Mintpal, I keep voting too! And by the way this thread has now reached 100 pages! Smiley Wink Grin

Wow! 100 pages in six months?  There should be a different yardstick just for DNotes, Lol.
CryptoBroker79

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 11:27:58 PM

FireFighters for Digital Currency has taken out a sponsored Facebook ad that will run until midway through September, at which point we will do a detailed analysis and re-assess the intensity level our advertising campaign. Just a reminder for everyone, DNotes is the preferred currency of FF4DC!
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 12:40:24 AM

FireFighters for Digital Currency has taken out a sponsored Facebook ad that will run until midway through September, at which point we will do a detailed analysis and re-assess the intensity level our advertising campaign. Just a reminder for everyone, DNotes is the preferred currency of FF4DC!

Thank you CryptoBroker79. Congratulations on reaching over 500 registered members and good luck on your advertising campaign.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:55:58 AM

We deeply appreciate your confidence in DNotes. The DNotes community is very proud to learn that FF4DC has selected DNotes as the preferred currency. We have great respect for first responders and will be delighted to support your good cause at every opportunity.

I will personally make myself available to meet with interested individuals or groups, including speaking engagements, within driving distance of 100 miles from Chicago, and share my vision on the future of digital currency. I will also be posting an article, in the next couple of weeks, on the advantages of incorporating digital currency in fund raising for first responders. There is a huge potential windfall to use at stable currency with reliable appreciating value, such as DNotes as a store of value.
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 02:40:12 AM

One day, when my Dnotes are worth more than 1 million dollars, I will fly to Chicago just to shake your (and dev teams) hands, and to holiday of course. I'm currently having lots of fun learning the ins and outs of programming apps in C# - which has kept me very busy at uni! Perhaps I will code some awesome apps for digital currency in the near future - who knows?

In other news, has anybody taken note of Ecuador implementing a 'government backed' digital currency?

http://www.coindesk.com/ecuador-bans-bitcoin-legislative-vote/

It is the worst possible idea to attempt to quell the use of all digital currencies bar the government backed one. I think it is great in terms of digital currency exposure, and will actually propel adoption in the west with western nations taking note of how effective this 'ban' on alternative currencies turns out (good luck!). Ecuador has massive hyperinflation issues in the late 90's / early 2000's from printing too much money. This basically meant that Ecuador was forced to adopt the US currency for stability purposes. The problem with this is that all currency in circulation in Ecuador is created by decree of another nations leaders; Ecuador is at the mercy of the US central bank. It also means that Ecuador is unable to issue more money itself into circulation, as an alternative to raising taxes - a common preference among governments. This switch to digital currency that can be 'managed' is a clever ploy on their behalf to implement a currency that they can: control the value of, print more of, and return to 'monetary policy' with (use interest rates to control the economy through costs of lending). The monetary policy is preferable to Ecuador's current only option in 'fiscal policy' - where the government can spend more money in an attempt to spur 'growth', going into debt in the process. This debt can not be paid off via 'Quantitative Easing' (government lingo for counterfeiting currency) since that responsibility lies with the US government. I'm not sure how I feel about digital currency being used to gain 'more control' haha, but I highly doubt it will work the way its implementation is intended.

Regardless, having an entire country using digital currency will be very interesting to watch, and will provide incredibly valuable research data!

My latest assignment is due this friday Dyna, and I have a 2 week 'uni break' coming up soon, so definitely will have a nice and lengthy personal message for you then! Nice work on Mintpal people.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 03:15:19 AM

P.S.

This is not planned but the timing of TeeGee's post just minutes ahead of mine is quite incrediable.

On August 18, 2014, DNotes will be six months old. This is a good time to review, renew, and revitalize our commitments and core missions. I am planning to make a series of posts over the next few weeks, with certain research materials provided by one of DNotes’ stake holders, TeeGee. TeeGee is a very bright young man working on his PhD in Economics and has been a strong supporter of DNotes. His contributions have been very helpful and very much appreciated.

However, the opinions and conclusions expressed are mine. Being mindful that we have a very broad spectrum of stake holders around the world, including first time owners of crypto currency, and many who may not be as tech savvy, I will attempt to keep my writings to a layman version as much as possible. Having been an entrepreneur for almost forty years, with a bachelor degree in Behavioral Science and a MBA, some of my view points are influenced by certain behavioral and economic theories. Furthermore, we believe in managing DNotes as a real world business, guided by a system approach to managing complex organizations. System approach, forces us to constantly examine all the components that make up a specific unit or the larger system, such as DNotes as a unit, the crypto currency ecosystem as the larger unit, the entire industry as the whole system, and the global community as the super-system. They are all linked and their state of affairs affects one another.  

It is becoming more apparent by the day that digital currency is here to stay. It will be the biggest technology revolution of mankind, resulting in massive job growth to support the rapid growth of a massive ecosystem. For a change, wealth creation in this emerging industry may not favor the just the rich. Common people, anywhere around the world, with a smart saving plan invested in the right crypto currency could accumulate significant wealth over time.

As TeeGee suggested, “A stable digital currency would protect the value of people’s savings in countries like Venezuela with high inflation.”  If DNotes can establish a sufficiently solid track record over time (two years), DNotes will be a very attractive alternative to traditional saving accounts, especially in countries with high inflation and unstable currencies.

The over expansionary monetary policy of the Federal Reserve has certainly created sufficient concerns for large holders of US dollars (USD), including China, Japan, Brazil, India and others; causing a significant devaluation of the USD relative to other major world currencies. Coupled with out of control spending, mounting national debts, and slow job growth further loss of confidence and depreciation in USD value will continue. The once mighty USD may no longer be a good store of value.

Stay tuned for my next post on the critical importance of DNotes with reliable appreciating value.
PEACEOFWAR

Activity: 96

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 05:53:13 AM

Hi everyone thank you for keeping us up to date, we are glad that DNotes is still doing well.
I apologize that I have been unable to be doing daily posts recently I have been busy with family matters.
My wife had to be hospitalized again for a week, and we are still fighting her depression. As you can imagine learning that Robin Williams lost his battle with that dark  monster has been a little scary to put it mildly.

Please support those with depression and always hold on to hope, there is a better day ahead and there is hope. Keep fighting.
Need help? In the U.S., call 1-800-273-8255 for the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/11/robin-williams-depression_n_5670256.html

"The suicide death of beloved comedian and actor Robin Williams shocked many of his fans. But those who knew him were aware of his ongoing struggle with depression.

According to his publicist, Williams, 63, was completing a 12-step program for drug abuse and had been battling severe depression.

"You're standing at a precipice and you look down, there's a voice and it's a little quiet voice that goes, 'Jump,'" Williams told Diane Sawyer during an interview about his struggle with addiction in 2006. "The same voice that goes, 'Just one.' … And the idea of 'just one' for someone who has no tolerance for it, that's not the possibility."

More recently, Williams talked about the overwhelming fear and anxiety that led him to seek solace in alcohol.

"Having depression and being in a suicidal state twists reality. It doesn't matter if someone has a wife or is well loved," Julie Cerel, a psychologist and board chair of American Association of Suicidology, told USA Today. "They get so consumed by the depression and by the feelings of not being worthy that they forget all the wonderful things in their lives."

Indeed, a major reason people with suicidal thoughts don't seek help is the belief that nothing could possibly make things better, according to the National Institutes of Health.

Ariane Sherine, a writer for The Guardian, recently spoke with The Huffington Post about her struggle.

“When I was suicidal and having suicidal ideations daily, hourly, I never imagined that I would be this happy and this stable again," said Sherine.

"Please don't give up," she told HuffPost Live's Caroline Modarressy-Tehrani. "Life can get better ... It might involve a lot of trial and error, but it's possible to feel normal again, or almost normal again."

Though we can never know what took place in Williams' personal life, the actor's now-public struggles have many people thinking about the difficulties faced by those battling depression and addiction. That's especially important in light of recent evidence that high-profile suicides may inspire young people to take their own lives.

BY THE NUMBERS

Each year, 34,000 people commit suicide, about twice as many deaths as caused by homicide -- about one death per 15 minutes. By 2030, depression will outpace cancer, stroke, war and accidents as the world's leading cause of disability and death, according to the the World Health Organization.

While the elderly have the highest rate of suicide, anyone can be suicidal. Men, in general, are more likely to complete suicide, even though women are more likely to attempt it. About half of all suicides occur in men ages 25 to 65. Risk factors include overwhelming situations, such as aging, substance abuse, emotional trauma, unemployment or financial problems, according to the NIH.

Fully 90 percent of those who take their own lives struggle with an underlying mental health issue. According to the latest estimate, 13 percent of people will experience depression at some point in their lives. And about 15 percent of those with clinical depression will die by suicide.

THE SUBSTANCE ABUSE FACTOR

Substance abuse in combination with a preexisting mental health condition, such as depression or bipolar disorder, can be deadly, according to the website of Suicide Awareness Voices of Education, a suicide prevention organization. Often, someone suffering from mental illness will seek alcohol or drugs to relieve symptoms, but this can lead to impaired judgment and impulsive behavior.

Williams discussed the interplay of substance abuse and suicidal thoughts during a 2010 interview on the comedy podcast WTF with Mark Maron [at 52:00]. Describing a dark period of drinking alone in his hotel room two years earlier and briefly considering suicide, Williams said his "conscious brain" told his drunk brain to "put the suicide over here in 'discussable.' Let's leave it over here in the discussion area" until he was sober.

SIGNS OF TROUBLE

It can be difficult to determine when a depressed loved one has progressed to suicidal tendencies. The SAVE network recommends asking the following questions in a non-judgmental and non-confrontational manner:

Do you ever feel so badly that you think about suicide?
Do you have a plan to commit suicide or take your life?
Have you thought about when you would do it (today, tomorrow, next week)?
Have you thought about what method you would use?

Suicidal individuals may talk about feeling hopeless or guilty, pull away from loved ones and complete tasks that seem geared toward getting affairs in order, giving away possessions or otherwise arranging for family, according to the NIH.

OFFERING HELP

If you or anyone you know has threatened suicide or is displaying tendencies, it is important to seek immediate help.

For a loved one struggling with depression, there are ways to offer support. (Though it is essential to know that depression is not due to a failure of support on the family's part.)

When talking to someone suffering depression, "it's best not to say anything that is going to make them think that what they're dealing with is because of a lack of coping skills, personal weakness or a character flaw," Dr. Adam Kaplin, an associate professor in the departments of psychiatry and neurology at Johns Hopkins University, told The Huffington Post for a previous article. "The worst part of depression is that it narrows the field of vision into a very small tube so they can't see the options. A lot of [the goal of helping] is giving people a hope that things will get better.""

Dnotescoin
Di4uhAgvvfAjm8hDptyotEgJUDmxsz5GQC
Pages: « 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: