Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 02:10:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 [157] 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814498 times)
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 07:52:17 PM

Breaking News:

We have just approved a write-up about DNotes accomplishments in 2014 for immediate release. It normally takes 24 hours to effect distribution to about 40,000 news outlets worldwide.

Please report and post early sightings:

Bitcoin Alternative DNotes Celebrates World's First Long Term Cryptocurrency Savings Plans And Several Innovative Initiatives

Long term cryptocurrency DNotes continues to celebrate progress made in 2014 with scheduled roll-outs of many more Cryptocurrency Investment Savings Plans (CR.I.S.P) using newly launched  DNotesVault.........

Sorry I have been busy this week with my Son who I did not see for 7 years but looking at this great news I am excited about what is to come.  I also showed him the DNOTES Vault with his little nest egg.. Keep up the wonderful work and next week I will be back to promoting DNOTES to Friends and Family..

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2015, 08:10:15 PM

Breaking News:

We have just approved a write-up about DNotes accomplishments in 2014 for immediate release. It normally takes 24 hours to effect distribution to about 40,000 news outlets worldwide.

Bitcoin Alternative DNotes Celebrates World's First Long Term Cryptocurrency Savings Plans And Several Innovative Initiatives

Long term cryptocurrency DNotes continues to celebrate progress made in 2014 with scheduled roll-outs of many more Cryptocurrency Investment Savings Plans (CR.I.S.P) using newly launched  DNotesVault.........

Sorry I have been busy this week with my Son who I did not see for 7 years but looking at this great news I am excited about what is to come.  I also showed him the DNOTES Vault with his little nest egg.. Keep up the wonderful work and next week I will be back to promoting DNOTES to Friends and Family..

Thank you qiwoman, glad to hear you have a chance to spend some time with your son, I'm sure you are very excited.

Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 08:12:20 PM

Will keep an eye open. Wink

Thanks, elrugrim. Hopefully, DNotes will help bring back a ray of sunshine when the article reached the news media over the next few days.

It is a rough day for our industry. This should re-enforce why DNotes has been doing things so differently.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 08:33:25 PM

Breaking News:

We are happy for you that you finally have a chance to spend time with your son after 7 years. Keep those DNotes for the long term. It could end up to be a meaningful part of his retirement savings.

We are looking forward to a very good year. It will be nice, if one day, we earned the honor of other cryptocurrencies peg to DNotes for stability sake. That will be the day when we can truly be proud that we have done our job. In the mean time, it is unfortunate that every time when Bitcoin takes a tumble, many ended up with bruises.

TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 08:49:20 PM

Thanks, elrugrim. Hopefully, DNotes will help bring back a ray of sunshine when the article reached the news media over the next few days.

It is a rough day for our industry. This should re-enforce why DNotes has been doing things so differently.

My Facebook news page has been going crazy with friends accusing Bitcoin of being "drunk" on a Wednesday night. Many holders seem to think the low was going to be around $150, a level that bitcoin has been testing.

Looking very forward to reading this independent press release.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 10:00:21 PM

My Facebook news page has been going crazy with friends accusing Bitcoin of being "drunk" on a Wednesday night. Many holders seem to think the low was going to be around $150, a level that bitcoin has been testing.

Looking very forward to reading this independent press release.

Not too sure about that. Perhaps it takes a lot more than just a few "drunk" Bitcoin owners.  The sell volume has gone up significantly, around $100 million over the last 24 hours. Testing $150 would surprise me. I believe that there will be a lot of buyers at $160.

TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 10:35:23 PM

There has never been a better time to get in and buy some cheap bitcoin to then buy DNotes with.

When bitcoin went up to 900 - 1000 everybody was saying "Oh I wish it would come down a bit so I could buy some"...

Well, it just did!

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2015, 12:31:00 AM

Hey guys

We added DNotes to out Altcoin NEWS and INFO Portal @satoshis.guru

Have a look!

NOW with Price Graphs!

http://www.satoshis.guru/home/coin-info/dnotes/

http://www.satoshis.guru/home/coin-info/dnotes/graphs-dnotes/

greetz

Thanks you toshis.guru, I will add the links to our OP.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 02:10:22 AM

The following blog post is worth reading. Brookings Institution is my one of favorite public policy nonprofit think-tanks. I wish regulators will be as gentle and hands-off as they had been with the internet for over two decades. Even just granting a "honey" period till 2020 will be enormously helpful. I am concerned that it will not likely to be the case because too many investors have been hurt by a relatively small number of bad actors.

Brookings Institution:

‘Innovations in the Blockchain Will Outpace Policy, Let’s Not Slow it Down

by Alyssa Hertig @ 2015-01-14 03:59 PM

http://cointelegraph.com/news/113300/brookings-institution-innovations-in-the-blockchain-will-outpace-policy-lets-not-slow-it-down

Tuesday, the Brookings Institution slipped in a blog post that compared Bitcoin to the Internet.
Mohit Kaushal, partner at Aberdare Ventures, and entrepreneur Sheel Tyle explained what the blockchain is and why it could important in a post for the TechTank blog. We've seen plenty of experts describing why the protocol underpinning the Bitcoin network could have many uses, but this one makes some interesting claims.

The conclusion is arguably the most interesting section of the post—especially considering the Brookings Institution is one of the oldest and among the most-respected public policy nonprofit think-tanks based on Embassy Row in Washington D.C. It reads:

“And much like the Internet in the late 1990s, we don’t know exactly how the Blockchain will evolve, but evolve it will.”

The institute warns against regulating the blockchain like a financial instrument. Belaboring the Internet comparison, they note that the backbone of the Internet, TCP/IP, was never regulated, even though it allowed for new financial instruments. The post continues:

“Had we over-regulated the Internet early on, we would have missed out on many innovations that we can’t imagine living without today. The same is true for the Blockchain. Disruptive technologies rarely fit neatly into existing regulatory considerations, but rigid regulatory frameworks have repeatedly stifled innovation. It’s likely that innovations in the Blockchain will outpace policy, let’s not slow it down.”

The Brookings Institution is a nonpartisan, American-centric think tank that focuses on economic issues. The nonprofit broadcasts a range of opinions, although it has often been deemed as liberal-leaning
kanus1113

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 06:03:36 AM

Hey guys

Have a look!

NOW with Price Graphs!

greetz

Those charts are interesting. There are almost 400,000 known wallet addresses on the DNotes network. That impressed me.
CryptoBroker79

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 06:07:49 AM

Hey guys

Have a look!

NOW with Price Graphs!

greetz

Those charts are interesting. There are almost 400,000 known wallet addresses on the DNotes network. That impressed me.

I just noticed this as well, and that over 850,000 transactions have been completed. These numbers are very impressive!
kanus1113

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 06:11:36 AM

Hey guys

Have a look!

NOW with Price Graphs!

greetz

I just noticed this as well, and that over 850,000 transactions have been completed. These numbers are very impressive!

Compare ours to feathercoin, which was pretty well established coin, long before DNotes.
http://www.satoshis.guru/home/coin-info/feathercoin/graphs-feathercoin/

I think we have more momentum.
CryptoBroker79

Activity: 493

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 07:24:10 AM

Compare ours to feathercoin, which was pretty well established coin, long before DNotes.

I completely agree. I was mining Feathercoin long before DNotes launched, and I'm sure glad I sold them. In just over a year, FTC has gone from a high of $1.25, to a current value of under one cent.
RJF

Activity: 616

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2015, 01:35:40 PM

I completely agree. I was mining Feathercoin long before DNotes launched, and I'm sure glad I sold them. In just over a year, FTC has gone from a high of $1.25, to a current value of under one cent.

Interesting that almost every other coin in the CMC top 100 is up this morning with Bitcoin but FTC is still dropping.

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 02:35:15 PM

What I like the best about the prepaid bitcoin gift card is how much easier it would make buying DNotes for someone new!

"Coinplug to Roll Out World's Biggest Convenience Store Bitcoin Scheme"

"Coinplug's Richard Yun told CoinDesk that the cards make bitcoin easier for the average consumer to buy, potentially winning over newcomers who might find the experience of buying bitcoin through an online exchange or face-to-face daunting."

Full article - http://www.coindesk.com/coinplug-sell-bitcoin-cards-24000-korean-convenience-stores/

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 03:26:17 PM

What I like the best about the prepaid bitcoin gift card is how much easier it would make buying DNotes for someone new!

"Coinplug's Richard Yun told CoinDesk that the cards make bitcoin easier for the average consumer to buy, potentially winning over newcomers who might find the experience of buying bitcoin through an online exchange or face-to-face daunting."

Full article - http://www.coindesk.com/coinplug-sell-bitcoin-cards-24000-korean-convenience-stores/

It is a good local solution that will become more and more popular, especially in developing countries, where the under-served and unbanked populations are at the highest.

It is important for us to keep in mind that technologies and systems to deploy them are always evolving for the better, and it is not essential for DNotes to build every component, everywhere, as part of the ecosystem to support DNotes.

The ecosystem can best be viewed as independent business opportunities. Once DNotes has the scale, entrepreneur around the world will realize that there are potentially attractive business opportunities, they will start helping themselves. I fully expect that many who are currently invested in the Bitcoin camp will eventually consider joining DNotes ecosystem. That is the beauty of the capitalistic system. They follow the opportunities where there is money to be made.
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 03:55:11 PM

It is a good local solution that will become more and more popular, especially in developing countries, where the under-served and unbanked populations are at the highest.

It is important for us to keep in mind that technologies and systems to deploy them are always evolving for the better, and it is not essential for DNotes to build every component, everywhere, as part of the ecosystem to support DNotes.

The ecosystem can best be viewed as independent business opportunities. Once DNotes has the scale, entrepreneur around the world will realize that there are potentially attractive business opportunities, they will start helping themselves. I fully expect that many who are currently invested in the Bitcoin camp will eventually consider joining DNotes ecosystem. That is the beauty of the capitalistic system. They follow the opportunities where there is money to be made.

I was only thinking in the present and who knows, the gift card may be obsolete in a few years!  What I was meaning was that the bitcoin gift card would make it easier for some people to get their hands on bitcoin to buy DNotes.  I see that step (bitcoin before DNotes) as a cumbersome hurdle right now for a lot of new people and would welcome anything that makes it easier.  If it's successful in Korea, it should work it's way around the world fairly quick.  It's not a long term solution, but may help some people for the time being.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
RJF

Activity: 616

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2015, 04:49:02 PM

I tried to sell this idea to several coins and vendors almost a year ago but mostly got laughed at. About time someone realized the potential. Oh well, hope it works out for them!

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 04:51:24 PM

I was only thinking in the present and who knows, the gift card may be obsolete in a few years!  What I was meaning was that the bitcoin gift card would make it easier for some people to get their hands on bitcoin to buy DNotes.  I see that step (bitcoin before DNotes) as a cumbersome hurdle right now for a lot of new people and would welcome anything that makes it easier.  If it's successful in Korea, it should work it's way around the world fairly quick.  It's not a long term solution, but may help some people for the time being.

Chase, I wish it can be done legally. That will be a dream come true.

May be I should leave this legal opinion to a lawyer. My limited understanding of the legal concept, at least in the United States, is that one or two parties involved in the process of exchanging fait to gift card; to Bitcoin; to DNotes must be registered with FinCEN and meet all their auditing and reporting requirements. In addition, the parties must be licensed in every state where the buyer or seller resides.

My layperson opinion is that FinCEN will rule, in the case as described, that the parties involved are money transmitters under BSA (Bank Secrecy Act) and must comply with all risk management, record keeping and reporting.

I know that this is a frustrating issue until there is a more convenience option. Unfortunately, until then, we must officially continue to recommend purchasing Bitcoin and DNotes through the proper channels, such as starting with Coinbase.

If legal constraint is not the issue, then there is no reason not to sell the gift as convertible to DNotes using the same process. I know that many crypto currencies claimed that they offer gift cards, credit/debit cards using their coins. I suspect, if indeed that is true, there could be serious consequences.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 05:00:33 PM

I tried to sell this idea to several coins and vendors almost a year ago but mostly got laughed at. About time someone realized the potential. Oh well, hope it works out for them!

RJF, that is a great idea, especially a year ago, in places where there are no consumer laws against such transctions. I would not be surprised if that is totally legal in many courtries. We will certainly be interested to take a closer look.
Pages: « 1 ... 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 [157] 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: