Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 06:03:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 [226] 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814498 times)
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2015, 02:53:24 PM

This is not mainstream media coverage, but the location of the DNotes article on the page is perfect.  Directly above it is the article "Apple Pay potential security concerns emerge".

http://www.scoop.it/t/fraud-news

keemo

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 02:58:57 PM

Brief Update on CRISP Handbook:

I had planned to finish up my portion of the CRISP Handbook this evening and send it out to our team working on this project. Sorry that it is not going to happen. PR has been my top priority this weekend, including an attempt to contact a number of editors and contributors to certain news outlet. Success in PR takes a lot of hard work, sustained efforts and a significant amount of funding. With a few of our build blocks in place, we are committed to do take DNotes to the next level. I strongly encourage you to comment on the favorite new articles you come across and drop a short note to the writer referencing DNotes most current press release. We need everyone to help promote DNotes to the best you can and your efforts will be greatly appreciated.

We are looking forward to a very exciting week with expanded media coverage.

Dyna, this is an excellent idea. I did not think of it but I routinely read digital currency related articles and these days there is almost always a section to post a comment. Mentioning DNotes press release in these comments is a great idea. What the community achieved with mintpal voting was exemplary. If similar effort can be applied to mentioning DNotes in comments/emails to digital currency proponents we should get broad exposure within a strategic group.

I think this could be a concrete step we promote within the community.
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 03:33:39 PM

Brief Update on CRISP Handbook:

I had planned to finish up my portion of the CRISP Handbook this evening and send it out to our team working on this project. Sorry that it is not going to happen. PR has been my top priority this weekend, including an attempt to contact a number of editors and contributors to certain news outlet. Success in PR takes a lot of hard work, sustained efforts and a significant amount of funding. With a few of our build blocks in place, we are committed to do take DNotes to the next level. I strongly encourage you to comment on the favorite new articles you come across and drop a short note to the writer referencing DNotes most current press release. We need everyone to help promote DNotes to the best you can and your efforts will be greatly appreciated.

We are looking forward to a very exciting week with expanded media coverage.

Dyna, this is an excellent idea. I did not think of it but I routinely read digital currency related articles and these days there is almost always a section to post a comment. Mentioning DNotes press release in these comments is a great idea. What the community achieved with mintpal voting was exemplary. If similar effort can be applied to mentioning DNotes in comments/emails to digital currency proponents we should get broad exposure within a strategic group.

I think this could be a concrete step we promote within the community.

Thanks for the endrosement, Keemo. I was spoiled by having a well equipped and well oiled PR machine when I was with Dauphin Technology. For a few years we were practically in the news everyday. PR works well when there is always something news worthy and the storyline has solid backing. DNotes has now reached that threshold. This is a good time do give it a push. It is best if we all can pitch in to give it a helping hand when we can. It is very challenging to go at it alone.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 06:07:47 PM

Another new one covering the financial space.

Finance.Boston News
March 17, 2015 at 08:11 AM EDT
http://finance.boston.com/boston/news/read/29480776/bitcoin_alternative_dnotes_focuses_on_banking_solutions_and_stability_while_venture_capital_investment_continues_at_record_breaking_pace

Bitcoin Alternative DNotes Focuses On Banking Solutions And Stability While Venture Capital Investment Continues At Record Breaking Pace

Bitcoin high volatilities may have resulted in a slow down in adoption of the currency by large merchants, but venture capital funding continues to pour in at record breaking pace. Meanwhile, DNotes remained as one of the most stable digital currencies with strong focus in providing Banking Solutions and Long Term Appreciation, attracting many new investors.

Chicago, IL - March 17, 2015 - (Newswire.com)

There is an inherent tendency for promising emerging technologies to be deceptive at the formative stage, especially when perceived to be highly disruptive. According to DNotes Co-Founder Alan Yong, a well regarded pioneer and visionary during the early days of mobile computers, this has clearly been the case with Bitcoin, despite often being described as the greatest technology innovation since the Internet. The Bitcoin space has received a staggering investment of almost $500 million from Venture Capital funding in 2014 alone, followed by over $200 million, so far this year  …………………….
infovortice2013
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2015, 07:55:18 PM

really good news and info in recogniced press, congrats dyna.
kanus1113

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 11:11:11 PM

Check this out:

CNBC finally!

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102512384

Excellent, DNotes on CNBC. Love it.
grandmama

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 11:23:52 PM

Just saw some statistics on the news.. 53% of women have some sort of savings for retirement, while 65% of men do.  The average savings for women is $34,900 while men save almost 3 times as much, at $76,800.  68% or two-thirds of the money that women save is in the form of cash, which means it is earning no interest, no dividends. We found this to be true with an elderly woman, she just turned 81, we have been helping out since her husband passed away. The majority of her money was sitting in a checking account gaining her nothing. First thing we did was get her an attorney the second thing we did was get her an appointment with some financial advisors. She now has money that is working for her.  She was part of the statistic of women who did save and was also the part of the 68% of women who had all her money in the form of cash. We have a ways to go to educated women on how to save and that savings needs to be working for them not just sitting in an account where it is not working for them.
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 12:22:49 AM

Just saw some statistics on the news.. 53% of women have some sort of savings for retirement, while 65% of men do.  The average savings for women is $34,900 while men save almost 3 times as much, at $76,800.  68% or two-thirds of the money that women save is in the form of cash, which means it is earning no interest, no dividends. We found this to be true with an elderly woman, she just turned 81, we have been helping out since her husband passed away. The majority of her money was sitting in a checking account gaining her nothing. First thing we did was get her an attorney the second thing we did was get her an appointment with some financial advisors. She now has money that is working for her.  She was part of the statistic of women who did save and was also the part of the 68% of women who had all her money in the form of cash. We have a ways to go to educated women on how to save and that savings needs to be working for them not just sitting in an account where it is not working for them.

Great post grandmama!  "The average savings for women is $34,900" - This is scary when you consider the poverty line is around $20,000 (single) in Canada.  It is probably similar in the U.S. depending where you live.  If that $34,000 is all you have for retirement, you are covered for less than 2 years!!  Canada has Old Age Security (if you qualify) and guaranteed income supplement that may stretch out your $34,900 for a few extra years.  Big sarcastic wow!!  No wonder some women are planning on working forever.

I agree that women need to be educated on how to save.  They also need to learn the truth about risk and how to make it work for them.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 12:27:41 AM

Check this out:

CNBC finally!

Articles on your crypto within the crypto realm = tapping into $4,100,000,000

Articles on your crypto beyond the crypto realm = tapping into $70,000,000,000,000

Mark
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2015, 01:12:19 AM

Great post grandmama!  "The average savings for women is $34,900" - This is scary when you consider the poverty line is around $20,000 (single) in Canada.  It is probably similar in the U.S. depending where you live.  If that $34,000 is all you have for retirement, you are covered for less than 2 years!!  Canada has Old Age Security (if you qualify) and guaranteed income supplement that may stretch out your $34,900 for a few extra years.  Big sarcastic wow!!  No wonder some women are planning on working forever.

I agree that women need to be educated on how to save.  They also need to learn the truth about risk and how to make it work for them.

That is a much larger gap than I would have guessed. A financial education course could be a great way help this problem and to reach out and get people involved in the CRISP for Retirement program.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 01:50:15 AM

That is a much larger gap than I would have guessed. A financial education course could be a great way help this problem and to reach out and get people involved in the CRISP for Retirement program.

Those figures are troubling. If the average savings for women is $34,900 it means many may have close to zero savings. That is the real world. Another data point to bear in mind is that women out live men by a little over two years. For the population at 65 today the life expectancy for men is 84.3 years and for women is 86.5 years accounting to Social Security published reports.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 02:49:39 AM

Check this out:

CNBC finally!

Articles on your crypto within the crypto realm = tapping into $4,100,000,000

Articles on your crypto beyond the crypto realm = tapping into $70,000,000,000,000

Mark

That is a good way to look at. What would those figures be in 5 years and who would be the survivors?
Would the currency side be worth at least $40 Billion? We certainly think so. Our goal is to be a top 10 and ultimately be a top 3. There is plenty of room for DNotes to appreciate in value. That is how we plan to build a very large number of CRISP savers worldwide so that, both directly and indirectly, we can end up benefiting millions around the world. This is a fairly aggressive model that requires a good PR campaign to get the words out.
Deckard Cain

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 03:01:23 AM

Hey everyone,

I figured I would make my very first newbie post in the very best thread, with the very best devs and community in Bitcoin Talk.  Wink Hands down!

Starting over is difficult lol

DC  Smiley

PS: Dnotes is still the best coin of all alts! and I'm still mining  Grin
grandmama

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 03:11:01 AM

Those figures are troubling. If the average savings for women is $34,900 it means many may have close to zero savings. That is the real world. Another data point to bear in mind is that women out live men by a little over two years. For the population at 65 today the life expectancy for men is 84.3 years and for women is 86.5 years accounting to Social Security published reports.

They interviewed a woman from the "Womens Institute for a Secure Retirement." They also interview a women who was 40 + years old who had nothing saved.  She knew and stated she was in deep trouble. She is single with nothing saved, which also means since she does not have a husband (who would have possibly saved) she truly has nothing to fall back on.  She also stated that her mother had warned her and urged her to save for her future, but she still did not. Even with a mothers urging she did not do it. This report did not state, which I believe is an important part of the information, as to whether single or married people saved more.  I would assume that people who are married will save more than people who are single. Perhaps these figures take into consideration all people whether married or single.  Perhaps this report was all women and all men no matter if they are married or not.  I would be interested in knowing and would assume marital status would have an effect on these stats and single people would be on the low end of saving.  Just some food for thought.
grandmama

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 03:13:09 AM

Hey everyone,

I figured I would make my very first newbie post in the very best thread, with the very best devs and community in Bitcoin Talk.  Wink Hands down!

DC  Smiley

Welcome to the DNotes forum. Hope you continue your success in mining and enjoy this positive forum.
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 03:33:08 AM

I just made the following post on CryptoMoms and was wondering if a Thunderclap campaign is anything that could help the CRISP For Students?  I am so far down the scale on social media awareness, I don't even register!

"I came across this today and was so impressed, I don't even remember what I was searching for.  They are having a Thunderclap campaign to raise awareness for WeSpeakCode in Asia Pacific.  They have met their target and there is only 5 days left, but if you have a chance to show support with Facebook or Twitter, it's a great cause.

https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/21629-wespeakcode-in-asia-pacific?locale=en

Microsoft YouthSpark

"Microsoft YouthSpark is a global, company-wide initiative to empower young people to do more and achieve more in their lives – by providing access to technology skills and a better education, inspiring youth to imagine and realize a better future, and helping them find jobs or to start their own businesses."

WeSpeakCode

"In today’s world, we are surrounded by technology. Information, commerce, communication and entertainment all rely on computers. Unfortunately, only a tiny fraction of students in Asia Pacific learn the basics of how computers work, much less how to create apps or websites. 

The good news is that we’re on our way to change this. Last year Microsoft Asia Pacific launched the successful YouthSpark #WeSpeakCode campaign saw thousands of enthusiastic young people across the region getting their first taste of learning basic coding skills, while many others took up more advanced challenges through hackathons and coding for social good.

This year we are working with even more partners across the region who also believe code is a language everyone should learn and computational thinking is a skill which should be taught in all schools. That is why during 23-29 March 2015 together we will be once again saying #WeSpeakCode.

We want to encourage everyone – whether you are a student, teacher or parent – to take your first steps into coding and discover just how easy and fun it can be. 

What are you waiting for? Start learning how to code today."

http://www.wespeakcode.net/default.aspx

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Deckard Cain

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 04:16:24 AM

Hey everyone,

DC  Smiley

Welcome to the DNotes forum. Hope you continue your success in mining and enjoy this positive forum.
Thanks, that's very courteous, and same to you!

enjoy this positive forum

That's exactly what keeps me hang'n around  Wink

Its threads like this that really makes it even worth logging in anymore, these days... I can mine Dnotes and trade and have fun and make a little money and all, but it always nicer when you know the people behind the coin and what they stand for and where your "2 cents" matters.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2015, 04:23:40 AM

Hey everyone,

DC  Smiley

Its threads like this that really makes it even worth logging in anymore, these days... I can mine Dnotes and trade and have fun and make a little money and all, but it always nicer when you know the people behind the coin and what they stand for and where your "2 cents" matters.

Welcome back! Glad to see you're back in action.

Deckard Cain

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 04:25:30 AM

Hey everyone,

DC  Smiley

Welcome back! Glad to see you're back in action.
You got it! THX Dnotes  Wink
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2015, 04:36:03 AM

I just made the following post on CryptoMoms and was wondering if a Thunderclap campaign is anything that could help the CRISP For Students?  I am so far down the scale on social media awareness, I don't even register!

"I came across this today and was so impressed, I don't even remember what I was searching for.  They are having a Thunderclap campaign to raise awareness for WeSpeakCode in Asia Pacific.  They have met their target and there is only 5 days left, but if you have a chance to show support with Facebook or Twitter, it's a great cause.

https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/21629-wespeakcode-in-asia-pacific?locale=en

Microsoft YouthSpark

"Microsoft YouthSpark is a global, company-wide initiative to empower young people to do more and achieve more in their lives – by providing access to technology skills and a better education, inspiring youth to imagine and realize a better future, and helping them find jobs or to start their own businesses."

WeSpeakCode

"In today’s world, we are surrounded by technology. Information, commerce, communication and entertainment all rely on computers. Unfortunately, only a tiny fraction of students in Asia Pacific learn the basics of how computers work, much less how to create apps or websites. 

The good news is that we’re on our way to change this. Last year Microsoft Asia Pacific launched the successful YouthSpark #WeSpeakCode campaign saw thousands of enthusiastic young people across the region getting their first taste of learning basic coding skills, while many others took up more advanced challenges through hackathons and coding for social good.

This year we are working with even more partners across the region who also believe code is a language everyone should learn and computational thinking is a skill which should be taught in all schools. That is why during 23-29 March 2015 together we will be once again saying #WeSpeakCode.

We want to encourage everyone – whether you are a student, teacher or parent – to take your first steps into coding and discover just how easy and fun it can be. 

What are you waiting for? Start learning how to code today."

http://www.wespeakcode.net/default.aspx

What thunderclap does is organize people to send a message on social media at the same time. You have to promote your thunderclap to get people to join in, opposed to just asking them to retweet or share. It's an interesting concept, but I would think it would work better for charities and events.

Pages: « 1 ... 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 [226] 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: