Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 05:42:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 [229] 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814501 times)
grandmama

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 12:37:06 PM

Do you think this is fraud frog protection or something resembling Big Brother?

"Visa's new fraud frog protection software will track customers' smartphones"

I think they meant frog protection lol

Just having fun!  Grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAY_OhFRxgA

ribbit, ribbit, ribbit.... that is frog for Good morning Saturday.
Deckard Cain

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 02:18:36 PM

Do you think this is fraud frog protection or something resembling Big Brother?

"Visa's new fraud frog protection software will track customers' smartphones"

I think they meant frog protection lol

Just having fun!  Grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAY_OhFRxgA

ribbit, ribbit, ribbit.... that is frog for Good morning Saturday.
lol, yes it is, a good morning Saturday! ribbit  Smiley
kanus1113

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 02:45:41 PM

There are 2 days left in the CRISP Word Contest and would be great to get a few more entries.  If I have missed any submissions please let me know and I will add them to the post.  Let us know what your favorites are.  Thanks!!  Smiley

Thanks, Chase. Excellent work. It will certainly be nice to have a few more entries.

Sorry guys, gave it some thought but I can't seem to think of anything else. Some damn good ideas there already though.
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 02:49:45 PM

"Bitcoin ecosystem is being built almost exclusively by third parties who believe that it is a good business opportunity for their investment."

Tee hee.

My favourite gripe on this is 'How did we shift so fast from staunchly-libertarian-geeks-with-laptops-meeting-in-cafes-to-trade-coin to Omni Exchange Inc.?" (though I do actually know the answer)

Mark

I think there would be quite a few answers to that question Mark. I have noticed that recent surveys have shown that in the year to 2014, the percentage of crypto holders who identify as 'libertarian' or 'anarcho-capitalist' (like myself) has decreased from ~42% to roughly 22% (using memory for figures here) in one year. This growth, I would mostly attribute to the incredible success of the crypto industry, the attraction of getting in on the super profits that have been reported in media, and the broad support for getting the financial system and mechanics for money creation out of the control of private bankers that exists in almost all areas of the philosophical spectrum. The libertarians and 'ancaps' played an important part in the nascent crypto industry to 'get the ball moving' with moderate influxes of capital. The particular aforementioned philosophical adherents also tend to be, as you termed it 'quite geeky', and also exhibit tendencies to take interest in all topics pertaining to decentralised financial systems outside the reach of central planners. It has been very enjoyable to watch other groups slowly enter the crypto-sphere and see the benefits of decentralised currency. Now DNotes is in place to ameliorate the few important deficiencies found in the original bitcoin concept - stability, trust, engaged community and focus on the actual 'functions of money' that will allow DNotes to be used as a viable competitor to fiat currency before any other, while many other coins get lost in the myriad of 'features', 'bells', and 'gimmicks' that lead to initial price appreciation and then rapid corrections (DarkCoin, Auroracoin, XCurrency to name a few). You strike me as a very intelligent and observant player in this game IMZ - Mark, so i'm sure I have shared with you nothing new.

The DNotes CRISP programs work to provide one of the key elements that is required for any successful currency to act in line with the 'functions of money' without wild price vicissitudes - savings.

My next post will be about the CRISP for students, and other CRISPS and how they will behave to allow DNotes to become a true competitor with fiat currency in the future through an initial economic base in savings, as opposed to debt. I must for now, disappear for a few hours.

My CRISP post is still on it's way (being written in my head), perhaps scheduled for tomorrow. Something just came across my mind though... do we need a wikipedia entry for DNotes, given all the extra PR attention we are getting / due to get?

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 02:55:29 PM

"Bitcoin ecosystem is being built almost exclusively by third parties who believe that it is a good business opportunity for their investment."

Tee hee.

My favourite gripe on this is 'How did we shift so fast from staunchly-libertarian-geeks-with-laptops-meeting-in-cafes-to-trade-coin to Omni Exchange Inc.?" (though I do actually know the answer)

Mark

I think there would be quite a few answers to that question Mark. I have noticed that recent surveys have shown that in the year to 2014, the percentage of crypto holders who identify as 'libertarian' or 'anarcho-capitalist' (like myself) has decreased from ~42% to roughly 22% (using memory for figures here) in one year. This growth, I would mostly attribute to the incredible success of the crypto industry, the attraction of getting in on the super profits that have been reported in media, and the broad support for getting the financial system and mechanics for money creation out of the control of private bankers that exists in almost all areas of the philosophical spectrum. The libertarians and 'ancaps' played an important part in the nascent crypto industry to 'get the ball moving' with moderate influxes of capital. The particular aforementioned philosophical adherents also tend to be, as you termed it 'quite geeky', and also exhibit tendencies to take interest in all topics pertaining to decentralised financial systems outside the reach of central planners. It has been very enjoyable to watch other groups slowly enter the crypto-sphere and see the benefits of decentralised currency. Now DNotes is in place to ameliorate the few important deficiencies found in the original bitcoin concept - stability, trust, engaged community and focus on the actual 'functions of money' that will allow DNotes to be used as a viable competitor to fiat currency before any other, while many other coins get lost in the myriad of 'features', 'bells', and 'gimmicks' that lead to initial price appreciation and then rapid corrections (DarkCoin, Auroracoin, XCurrency to name a few). You strike me as a very intelligent and observant player in this game IMZ - Mark, so i'm sure I have shared with you nothing new.

The DNotes CRISP programs work to provide one of the key elements that is required for any successful currency to act in line with the 'functions of money' without wild price vicissitudes - savings.

My next post will be about the CRISP for students, and other CRISPS and how they will behave to allow DNotes to become a true competitor with fiat currency in the future through an initial economic base in savings, as opposed to debt. I must for now, disappear for a few hours.

My CRISP post is still on it's way (being written in my head), perhaps scheduled for tomorrow. Something just came across my mind though... do we need a wikipedia entry for DNotes, given all the extra PR attention we are getting / due to get?

That sounds like a great idea. Are you an editor there? We also have this one for reference:
http://coinwik.org/DNotes

Deckard Cain

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 03:04:51 PM

On that subject from Dyna,

At this stage it is not likely that Bitcoin can be repositioned to be a sufficiently stable currency.

I agree, BTC is all over the map. Whereas Dnotes has shown a much more stable floor in its short existence. Even now after the last price rise following the 1 year mark, it has yet shown again a new and higher stable floor. And I credit that to the investment strategy for Dnotes.

The biggest problem is now, as with all alt coins is they are dependent upon bitcoin for its final value. Dreaming here a bit, but what could take Dnotes to it own place or store of value" would be to have its own Dnotes Exchange, or even more so a coinbase.com type of US Dollar purchase/sell exchange. From there it could break the chains that bind it to BTC and truly have its own identity.

Would like to even see a dedicated multipool that pays out in Dnotes, similar to iHash.co, xpool.ca,  supernet and alike, Of course its debatable if it helps a coin to have a multipool go to market and covert the days mining into a specific coin for payout. In my mind that open for discussion.

DC  Smiley
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 03:36:34 PM

Do you think this is fraud protection or something resembling Big Brother?

"Visa's new fraud protection software will track customers' smartphones"

http://www.foxbusiness.com/technology/2015/02/13/visa-new-fraud-protection-software-will-track-customers-smartphones/

Tracking your location by your cell phone to prevent fraud does seem a bit too intrusive. It will be interesting to see how fraud protection evolves, it is such a huge issue.

Location-tracking as a means of ranking risk exposure for fraud has been considered as an additional layer of security for sometime. At least for now, customers are given the choice to opt in or stay out. “The feature is optional and can be deactivated at any time.” We are already being tracked much more than we have been told anyway.

To me this is just another bandage over a gapping hole. It helps but far from being a viable solution to a serious structural problem. Our bank and financial system, as well as the credit and debit card network payment systems are costly and outdated, but above all, cannot conduct business without our personal data. They must know and be able to verify who we are. Multiple intermediaries are involved in the storage, transmission and verification of our information. Personal data has been stolen by the tens of millions. “Criminals can take stolen credit card information and code it onto a new card using equipment that can be readily purchased online. Counterfeit cards look like any other credit card, but have someone else's information on the magnetic stripe.”

Digital currency like DNotes, on the other hand does not require any personal data. It can be as simple as having two cellular phones, or computer systems with an internet link to send or receive funds. It does not require, transfer, or keep any personal data and the two parties do not need to know or trust each other to successfully complete the transaction, at little to no cost.

There is no doubt that DNotes will one day be superior to fiat currency. Taking our time to build a solid structure is the only way to accomplish a vital mission.

Yes, I agree it is another bandaid. Instead of location-tracking, any credit card should be linked to 2FA like cryptocurrency. You want to make a purchase you swipe and then enter your 2FA. Boom, done. A hassle some might say, but no 2FA no sale. Easy. You can have all my data you want but you don't have my phone you don't buy anything.

Doesn't really matter anyway. In a few years credit cards, debit cards, etc will be useless. Digital will be digital and will encompass everything. No physical anything except your phone to conduct all transactions. And DNotes will be the leader in all of this!!

Marc, you are correct that the current debit and credit card payment network systems will be replaced one day. 2FA as a dynamic pin code is far superior to the old 4 digit static pin code. As we have discussed on numerous occasions, their current system has multiple problems. Essentially it an out dated costly system with serious structural problems, but it is very expensive to tear down completely, for a total rebuild. That is not going to happen unless there is a formidable competitor. To be objective, Bitcoin is a formidable technology, but not yet a formidable competitor or threat, because it has remained highly volatile, somewhat confusing and complicated.

Banks and credit card companies are well aware of the potential threats and they have been pushing back aggressively. It is also apparent that they are looking at different options, including the possibilities of working with central banks on a multi-nations basis. There may be some merits but that will result in a whole array of new problems that could be even more troubling. The inherent self interest of nations and other participating parties will likely make it near impossible to make it a reality or the cause an early demise that could be extremely damaging to the world economy.

The world we live in has changed drastically over the last twenty years. Technologies are hugely responsible in bringing about enormous advancement we did not think possible just 30 years ago. From a world of worrisome scarcity, technologies are rapidly turning it into a world of abundance, through great improvements in productivities, as well as doing things that were not achievable before, such as extraction of natural resources, and huge improvement in farm productivities, just to mention a few.

Those who can keep up with the rapid advancement will reap a disproportionate share of the reward. We are already hyperconnected with increasing supercomputing power at our finger tips. Over five billion people will have a smart phone significantly more powerful than what we can even imagine today, by the year 2020. Those who have the vision to look far ahead into the future must now examine large scale problems and solutions on a global scale. Student, leaders of the future, and entrepreneurs must start to do the same. Those who can quickly adapt and look at large scale problems and solution from global prospective will find plenty of challenges and opportunities by doing well.

CRISP For Students will be launched during the week of March 30, 2015. DNotes is firmly committed to help prepare the next generation of leaders to manage a rapidly changing world. Among many new tools in their tool box will be a global digital currency called DNotes, destined to be the currency of the world. It has only one self interest; for the mutual benefits of everyone worldwide. That is the legacy the DNotes community is attempting to build and we will need all the help we can get. We invite all of you to join our grass root campaign to make life a little better and less stressful for everyone.

Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 04:22:32 PM

At this stage it is not likely that Bitcoin can be repositioned to be a sufficiently stable currency.

I agree, BTC is all over the map. Whereas Dnotes has shown a much more stable floor in its short existence. Even now after the last price rise following the 1 year mark, it has yet shown again a new and higher stable floor. And I credit that to the investment strategy for Dnotes.

The biggest problem is now, as with all alt coins is they are dependent upon bitcoin for its final value. Dreaming here a bit, but what could take Dnotes to it own place or store of value" would be to have its own Dnotes Exchange, or even more so a coinbase.com type of US Dollar purchase/sell exchange. From there it could break the chains that bind it to BTC and truly have its own identity.

Would like to even see a dedicated multipool that pays out in Dnotes, similar to iHash.co, xpool.ca,  supernet and alike, Of course its debatable if it helps a coin to have a multipool go to market and covert the days mining into a specific coin for payout. In my mind that open for discussion.

DC  Smiley

We hear you, DC. It does get frustrating sometime for alt coins to be directly linked to the fortune or misfortune of Bitcoin at this time. I don't expect a viable near term solution. We just have to be practical and work hard towards the day when DNotes can stand alone by merits and perhaps an advantage for other currencies to be pegged to DNotes. That is a real possibility but it may be years away.

It is a reasonable statement that no other cryptocurrency is addressing the vital importance of currency stability, trust and integrity as seriously as DNotes. Perhaps we are the only community strongly committed to examine all the issues and focus on total solutions, instead of just pick and choose. Our approach is significantly harder and much more time consuming. Frankly that is what differentiates DNotes from others the most, in fairly significant ways.
kanus1113

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 10:54:53 PM

DC  Smiley

We hear you, DC. It does get frustrating sometime for alt coins to be directly linked to the fortune or misfortune of Bitcoin at this time. I don't expect a viable near term solution. We just have to be practical and work hard towards the day when DNotes can stand alone by merits and perhaps an advantage for other currencies to be pegged to DNotes. That is a real possibility but it may be years away.

It is a reasonable statement that no other cryptocurrency is addressing the vital importance of currency stability, trust and integrity as seriously as DNotes. Perhaps we are the only community strongly committed to examine all the issues and focus on total solutions, instead of just pick and choose. Our approach is significantly harder and much more time consuming. Frankly that is what differentiates DNotes from others the most, in fairly significant ways.

DNotes is the only one I have come across to look at cryptocurrency as more than just a technology.
BoscoBlue

Activity: 51

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 12:12:00 AM

There are 2 days left in the CRISP Word Contest and would be great to get a few more entries.  If I have missed any submissions please let me know and I will add them to the post.  Let us know what your favorites are.  Thanks!!  Smiley

How about CRISP for Vacation? Could be fun, pay for your vacation in the Bahamas with DNotes Smiley
grandmama

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 12:35:10 AM

DC  Smiley

DNotes is the only one I have come across to look at cryptocurrency as more than just a technology.

I would have to agree with the fact that DNotes is a lot more than just technology!!
TeeGee

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 01:02:05 AM

How about CRISP for Vacation? Could be fun, pay for your vacation in the Bahamas with DNotes Smiley

That's awesome! How about a lottery CRISP for Vacation too? People enter by throwing in say 2000 DNotes, and the moment the vacation lottery fund reaches say $5000 USD, whether by price appreciation, or more DNotes triggering the 5k limit - contributors are given a chance to win based on their proportion of the vacation fund they put in. Could be an interesting 'third party' CRISP that a private individual could run as a sort of promotional lottery for DNotes or something.

RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 01:42:45 AM

That's awesome! How about a lottery CRISP for Vacation too? People enter by throwing in say 2000 DNotes, and the moment the vacation lottery fund reaches say $5000 USD, whether by price appreciation, or more DNotes triggering the 5k limit - contributors are given a chance to win based on their proportion of the vacation fund they put in. Could be an interesting 'third party' CRISP that a private individual could run as a sort of promotional lottery for DNotes or something.

A CRISP generator that can be customized by the user would solve all these equations and give the user whatever they want, within reason and a set of rules of course.

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
TeeGee

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 01:43:55 AM

Tee hee.

Mark

That sounds like a great idea. Are you an editor there? We also have this one for reference:

I'm not an 'official editor' or anything, but I'm pretty sure anybody can modify / create articles. I think using the coinwik.org article as an information base, and writing about the previous year of DNotes history, backed up with a list of press releases and milestones is a great idea. The wikipedia entry will likely be the first entry to come up on google for any search for "DNotes", so it will be a great advertising tool, I believe.

I'm more than happy to do this, I can do the research through the forum history, check press releases, and remember most of the milestones DNotes has met and goals set.

Here is a publicly available Google Drive document that I'll share, for anybody here to add milestones, press release links (prefer by largest, most reputable news networks like CNBC, bloomberg, yahoo where possible) etc. I need to write my CRISP post before I get onto the wikipedia entry.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eyA5pDfviQdw9V-8rYZSOiFzUpEjRnudsTvf00VF2-M/edit?usp=sharing

Update as you see fit, and when I've got through some other things I'll begin a write up.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 02:14:04 AM

A CRISP generator that can be customized by the user would solve all these equations and give the user whatever they want, within reason and a set of rules of course.

True, that is a really good idea.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 02:14:39 AM

Tee hee.

Mark

I'm not an 'official editor' or anything, but I'm pretty sure anybody can modify / create articles. I think using the coinwik.org article as an information base, and writing about the previous year of DNotes history, backed up with a list of press releases and milestones is a great idea. The wikipedia entry will likely be the first entry to come up on google for any search for "DNotes", so it will be a great advertising tool, I believe.

I'm more than happy to do this, I can do the research through the forum history, check press releases, and remember most of the milestones DNotes has met and goals set.

Here is a publicly available Google Drive document that I'll share, for anybody here to add milestones, press release links (prefer by largest, most reputable news networks like CNBC, bloomberg, yahoo where possible) etc. I need to write my CRISP post before I get onto the wikipedia entry.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eyA5pDfviQdw9V-8rYZSOiFzUpEjRnudsTvf00VF2-M/edit?usp=sharing

Update as you see fit, and when I've got through some other things I'll begin a write up.

Thank you TeeGee, that would be excellent.

IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 08:08:33 AM

Quietly reading.

Mark
SmokeysGardens

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 03:07:03 PM

DC  Smiley

I would have to agree with the fact that DNotes is a lot more than just technology!!

This is by design. In reality, the technology does not mean much at this stage of the game. We are up to our necks in technology. It is the Funtions of Currency that matter. Not bells and whistles or a wierd , funny name. We have identified the Funtions of Currency and have positioned DNotes to fulfill those functions from day one.

Smokey
Hey guys.....spring is in the air, daylilies will be poping soon!
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 03:53:22 PM

While I don't agree with much of this article, it does raise some interesting points for thought and implications for DNotes.

CAN BITCOIN’S REPUTATION BE SAVED?
https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/can-bitcoins-reputation-saved/

What do you guys think?

RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 04:58:26 PM
Last edit: March 22, 2015, 05:08:36 PM by RJF

While I don't agree with much of this article, it does raise some interesting points for thought and implications for DNotes.

CAN BITCOIN’S REPUTATION BE SAVED?
https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/can-bitcoins-reputation-saved/

What do you guys think?

Reputation is fluid. Look at cash, anything bad ever happen that involved cash? How about stocks? Perfect? I think not. Remember, the winners write the history books. Even bad reputations can be turned into good ones with the right events and marketing.

We need to win...  Smiley

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
Pages: « 1 ... 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 [229] 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: