Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 07:42:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 [232] 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814498 times)
RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 03:21:40 AM

The CRISP Word Contest   -    WINNERS!  

Thank you everyone for the awesome entries!!!        Smiley

Hey, I noticed some extra DNotes in my Vault account, thought I better check in! Thanks everyone! This is one of the many things that makes DNotes standout from the crowd!

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 04:06:51 AM

Woo hoo! 1,000 Dnotes for me! It goes into our Dnotes 'capital account.'

So . . . if at this point . . . anyone expresses enthusiasm to experiment with NOTE trades on 'Un-Ex,' leave a note here, and I will post a link.

Mark (IndiaMikeZulu), Australia
CryptoBroker79

Activity: 493

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 04:10:04 AM

Great work putting together the CRISP Word Contest Chase, and congratulations to all participants. Every one of us is helping define the future of finance, no matter how minor the contribution may seem now.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 04:46:50 AM

Great work putting together the CRISP Word Contest Chase, and congratulations to all participants. Every one of us is helping define the future of finance, no matter how minor the contribution may seem now.

Agreed, Chase is a DNotes all-star! Thank you for your contributions, that was a big help.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 04:50:13 AM

Hey, I noticed some extra DNotes in my Vault account, thought I better check in! Thanks everyone! This is one of the many things that makes DNotes standout from the crowd!

Thanks RJF! Killer ideas by the way.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 04:54:27 AM

Woo hoo! 1,000 Dnotes for me! It goes into our Dnotes 'capital account.'

So . . . if at this point . . . anyone expresses enthusiasm to experiment with NOTE trades on 'Un-Ex,' leave a note here, and I will post a link.

Mark (IndiaMikeZulu), Australia

Thanks again Mark! Best wishes with your 'Un-Ex' trading platform. We'll have to take a closer look.

CryptoBroker79

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 12:54:48 PM

It appears that Darkcoin has been rebranded as DASH (Digital Cash). I find this puzzling, because it sounds like lead developer Evan Duffield wants to move away from the "Dark" image, although he is still making projections of continued growth in gambling and drug markets.

http://cointelegraph.com/news/113781/darkcoin-is-now-dash-and-not-a-moment-too-soon
TrackCoin

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 01:07:03 PM

It lookin something interesting . it's will be definitely  grow high level . Hope the launch for get wallet fill up.

Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 01:49:59 PM

It appears that Darkcoin has been rebranded as DASH (Digital Cash). I find this puzzling, because it sounds like lead developer Evan Duffield wants to move away from the "Dark" image, although he is still making projections of continued growth in gambling and drug markets.

http://cointelegraph.com/news/113781/darkcoin-is-now-dash-and-not-a-moment-too-soon

Interesting move but that will not be the last. Typical of other industry others will follow.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 01:52:06 PM

It lookin something interesting . it's will be definitely  grow high level . Hope the launch for get wallet fill up.

Hi, TrackCoin. Welcome to DNotes. Hope to see you here often.
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 02:13:27 PM

Agreed, Chase is a DNotes all-star! Thank you for your contributions, that was a big help.

Thank you. Smiley  Congratulations to everyone for their awesome entries!

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
CryptoBroker79

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 04:48:06 PM

When an anti crypto advocate uses drug trade as an argument, kindly direct them to this old article.

90 percent of U.S. bills carry traces of cocaine

-100 percent of bills from a few large urban areas tested positive for cocaine

-The average US bill stays in circulation for 20 months

-Although the contaminated bills do not affect health, they could cause a false positive drug test if a person handles contaminated currency repeatedly (for example a bank teller)

http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/08/14/cocaine.traces.money/
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 05:15:07 PM

When an anti crypto advocate uses drug trade as an argument, kindly direct them to this old article.

-Although the contaminated bills do not affect health, they could cause a false positive drug test if a person handles contaminated currency repeatedly (for example a bank teller)

Those are pretty incredible stats. All forms of currency will be used for illegal activities, it is inevitable. In fact, cryptocurrency inherently makes it more difficult to hide your identity from authorities, because you eventually will have to spend your coins, leaving a traceable foot print. In the early days, people who used cryptocurrency to purchase on the black market websites, probably didn't realize this.

CryptoBroker79

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 05:37:05 PM

Those are pretty incredible stats. All forms of currency will be used for illegal activities, it is inevitable. In fact, cryptocurrency inherently makes it more difficult to hide your identity from authorities, because you eventually will have to spend your coins, leaving a traceable foot print. In the early days, people who used cryptocurrency to purchase on the black market websites, probably didn't realize this.

There are still too many people that have misconceptions about blockchain technology, which could delay Bitcoin in reaching its full potential. Like you said, all forms of currency will be used for illegal activities, so it isn't a valid argument against cryptocurrency. Even the most anonymous cryptocurrency, is no better at hiding illegal activities than cash.
kanus1113

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 06:43:55 PM

Thank you all, just glad I could contribute. The contest created some great concepts. Well done Chase!
kanus1113

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 06:47:01 PM

There are still too many people that have misconceptions about blockchain technology, which could delay Bitcoin in reaching its full potential. Like you said, all forms of currency will be used for illegal activities, so it isn't a valid argument against cryptocurrency. Even the most anonymous cryptocurrency, is no better at hiding illegal activities than cash.

Indeed, it takes a lot of effort to fully understand the technology in order to make your own decisions as what makes sense and what is propaganda. Maybe by explaining what is propaganda and why we can get people to take a closer look.
CryptoBroker79

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 07:52:46 PM

Indeed, it takes a lot of effort to fully understand the technology in order to make your own decisions as what makes sense and what is propaganda. Maybe by explaining what is propaganda and why we can get people to take a closer look.

That's a great idea. Another fear many people face is that there is no physical form of Bitcoin. Which again is somewhat irrelevant, because around 95% of the world's currency is already digital.
infovortice2013
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 09:10:21 PM

The question is why this activities are ilegal, everyone should do with his own what he like want need. always that no disturb nobody. libertarian stamp. Grin

lot of people talks that elite want us with achip inside, maybe start with wallets Roll Eyes
BoscoBlue

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 10:56:38 PM

CRISP Dictionary Definition

Cryptobroker79:  CRISP /krisp/

abbreviation
cryptocurrency investment savings plan

noun: CRISP, plural noun: CRISPS

1. -a DNotes global Initiative, designed to bring cryptocurrency to the everyday person.
   -a long term savings plan, using DNotes as the investment vehicle.
   -an alternative to traditional investments, savings, and retirement plans.

verb:CRISP, past tense:CRISPed, present participle:CRISPing

1. set aside wealth for the future.  "I CRISP for my future"
2. previously set up a CRISP.  "sure glad I CRISPed, it's out performed all of my other investments"
3. using a cryptocurrency investment savings plan.  "I've been CRISPing for years now, and my finances have never looked better"

cojack:    Crisparian
[krisp-er-ēən]
noun
An experienced CRISP user.

#3 (Tie)
kanus1113:     CRISP (Cryptocurrency Investment Savings Plan) - A group of programs designed to aid individuals and groups save digital currency as a long term investment.
IMZ:     Phrasal verb: crisp up: 'to gleefully own large amounts of CRISP,' as in 'Wow! I'm CRISPed right up at this point!"

CRISP Customized

#1 - Customized for Organizations / Crisp Generator
BoscoBlue / RJF / DNotes (Joint Entry):      
Boscoe Blue - Organizations may benefit from using CRISP, where the organizer can customize and contribute to their own CRISP program. For example, employee matching programs.  
RJF - Perhaps, in the future, we could have a "CRISP Generator" where you just plug in the required amounts, fund name and purpose, pick from a list what you want to calculate, etc and submit it for review and possible posting if acceptable. Of course there would be rules and guidelines and the creation process would rely on drop down choices to keep things in line and formatted as DNotes wishes. People could apply for a CRISP Hosting account at the time.
DNotes - Agreed, that sounds like a good idea. An organization would apply for registration. Get their own landing page like ABCOrganization.DNotesVault.com, registrations through that landing page would be tied to that organizations account. As well as an organizational administration panel where they could approve registrations and add 'rules' for accounts tied to that organization, like fund matching or initial sign up bonus. What type of organizations might be interested in something like this?                                    
RJF - I would think the list is long and distinguished. Schools, volunteer Fire/Rescue/OEM, public service such as Rotary, Masons, Optimists, Scout Troops, Charities, etc.  Anybody that wants to offer an incentive for joining, serving or remaining a member.

#2 - CRISP for Families
RJF:  CRISP for Families! Either a CRISP for Families, or a pre-configured generator to create simple family CRISP Plans where Mom or Dad can "plug in" their configuration and comfort level, include their children, and end up with their own, family oriented, savings plan/account all rolled up in one CRISP customized for them.  

With growing distrust in banks and other financial entities and managers, people are starting to take their investments into their own hands, what better way to do this than a DNotes savings plan that you customize for your own needs and expectations? I can foresee a lot of activity with this and that is the main reason a self management system should be developed to take off DNotes developers. And, as always, the chance for much greater than traditional returns is always there.

I think this would be a template for all future CRISP plans if developed with flexibility in mind. Later on we can role crypto currency conversion into the system to allow for the deposit of other coins and their automatic conversion into DNotes being instantly added to your vault.

And keep in mind, unlike groups and businesses, families are free to open accounts as they wish without going through "due process" and loosing time and money waiting.

#3 - Lottery CRISP for Vacation
TeeGee:     How about a lottery CRISP for Vacation too? People enter by throwing in say 2000 DNotes, and the moment the vacation lottery fund reaches say $5000 USD, whether by price appreciation, or more DNotes triggering the 5k limit - contributors are given a chance to win based on their proportion of the vacation fund they put in. Could be an interesting 'third party' CRISP that a private individual could run as a sort of promotional lottery for DNotes or something.

CRISP Board Game

cojack - CRISP Watch Board Game

https://i.imgur.com/wvQt8Jf.jpg

infovortice - CRISPers 4 Dnotes.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-J9Mo0xREEbg/VP3xl23topI/AAAAAAAAA-8/_LnBqVX5FHA/s1600/dnotesgame.jpg

#3 (tie)
kanus1113:      CRISPopoly (lol)  Similar to monopoly, except the objective is... Once the 'exchange' runs out of DNotes, you win the game if you saved the most.  It's a work in progress lol, but you get the picture.

BoscoBlue:     Digital Life. A spin on the game of life that is all digital and allows opportunities to put money into CRISP accounts?

Thank you, congratulations to everyone.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 12:59:40 AM

This is a dated article but strongly re-enforced my vision of the massive potential for DNotes to be the digital currency of the future with fully integrated land-based and mobile global payment network systems with DNotesVault, exchange and banking systems.

Biometric authentication using smart wearables will be completely unobtrusive to the eye.
Anyone with a smart phone and a loaded DNotesVault account will have the liquid assets at his finger tip anytime anywhere. The owner of the private key and the smart phone, once biometrically confirmed, is the rightful owner to the account at DNotesVault. The unbanked today will become their own bank. This will happen in less than 10 years. That is what drives and inspires me everyday. At less than two pennies, DNotes has a lot of room to grow.

Payments in 10 years: Very different
www.mobilepaymentstoday.com
Jan. 9, 2015
By Andy Brown, Product Marketing Manager, Alaric Systems Ltd.

The payments industry has gone through some pretty rapid changes over the last 10 years or so, but just where will we be a decade from now?

Analyzing recent trends and estimating where these can take us is part of the process, but can only take you so far. If the last 10 years has taught us anything, it's that disruptive technologies can shift the course of events in a way few would expect.

Cash demand will hold firm despite all
Recent trends will continue to play out in the cash space. Cash will continue to feel a slight squeeze in developed markets, but play a stronger role elsewhere.

"Cash might diminish in use in some regions (Western Europe for example), but will elsewhere continue to be used for cultural reasons," says the World Payments Report 2014 from Capgemini and Royal Bank of Scotland.

Nevertheless, electronic payments will also increase as more consumers are exposed to services such as payment cards and mobile money. Closed loop payment instruments such as prepaid cards will become more popular.

Everything will be real time
The faster payments concept has now been deployed in a handful of countries but the biggest demand is from consumers and businesses.

Regulatory pressure in most countries will push the banks to establish real time payment transfer systems that will then become embedded in new services offered by banks and other players. International trading links and competition from cryptocurrencies will then drive cross border real-time payment systems.

Cryptocurrencies will stick around — in some form
Cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin have an uncertain future. While enthusiasts hail these as the future of money, others remain to be convinced. Untangling the web of complexity around them will be crucial for their success.

By 2024 we see them triumphing as a means of exchange — as a payment method. But as a store of value it's hard to see any stability lasting.

"These currencies could change the way traditional payments are made, however the real (as opposed to virtual) value part of the transaction will reside with a PSP [payment service provider]," said the WPR 2014.

Two factors they provide that people will still want in 10 years are anonymity and the ability to transfer funds in real time globally, across borders. Cryptocurrency technology will enable a plethora of local currencies to be developed.

Biometric authentication will end the PIN
Biometric authentication could be the single biggest change we see over the next 10 years as the PIN slowly gives way to fingerprint, heartbeat, iris and facial recognition technologies.

Banks will migrate ATMs to biometric authentication, while retailers won't even have to invest in more advanced POS technology, as smartphones will enable biometric-authenticated transactions in store.
Gartner says that as early as 2016, biometric sensors will be featured in 40 percent of smartphones shipped to end-users. Meanwhile, Visa and MasterCard plan to ditch their online passcode systems Verified by Visa and MasterCard SecureCode in favor of biometric technology next year.
By 2024, all online transactions will be verified through a biometric method.

By 2024, all online transactions will be verified through a biometric method.
Wearables will become seamless

Clunky and a bit too obvious in 2014, in the next 10 years wearable payment technology will become embedded in our daily lives as devices become easier and more attractive to wear.

Gartner predicts that by 2017, 30 percent of smart wearables will be completely unobtrusive to the eye.
"Smart contact lenses are one type in development, said Annette Zimmermann, research director at the firm. "Another interesting wearable that is emerging is smart jewelery. Obtrusive wearables already on the market, like smart glasses, are likely to develop new designs that disguise their technological components completely."

Data convergence will create a single entry point
Currently, customer data is spread across multiple layers — financial institutions, card providers, retailers, utility providers, Internet companies, governments and so on.

We have different accounts and logins for every part of our lives. In 10 years' time, we could see the convergence of data into a single place, and a single point of entry to it all.

Central to this will be the use of biometrics to ensure security while not offering the same levels of convenience. Indeed it will be the disruptive force of biometrics that will lead this change, as separate PINs or passcodes will become redundant.

Checks will be out as seamless payments become the norm
We don't see much future in checks. Imaging technology is a final throw of the dice, but ultimately one that will be short lived.

By 2024 most mature markets will have ditched checks in favor of more seamless peer-to-peer channels like Paym in the U.K., or new social media systems like those apparently being considered by Facebook.
Wearable devices already allow people simply to deliver a voice command to send money. In 10 years, whether it's through your phone number, social media account or even just your bank details, it will be a simple tap of the smart screen or voice command to your smart watch to send money instantly.

This article was reprinted from Industry News.
Photo courtesy of Nicola Jones.
Pages: « 1 ... 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 [232] 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: