Bitcoin Forum
June 06, 2024, 07:47:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 [422] 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814496 times)
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 02:23:36 AM

Merry Christmas to all!

Merry Christmas to you and your family, Ken. Thank for your great contribution and support. Very much appreciated.
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 02:47:14 AM

Hey everyone! Merry Christmas!  Smiley Lot of news to catch up on in here, wow.

Was just reading this article, http://dcebrief.com/bitcoin-alternative-dnotes-announces-company-launch-and-book-for-small-business-owners-in-2016/

A special thanks again to Dnotes and Dyna for the help they provided in regaining control of this account "MMNC" which was hacked and stolen early this past spring. The help provided was enough for one particular forum member (shorena) to take notice and put a little faith in my efforts to prove I was the original account owner. With that help and from the friends here in Dnotes forum, and a couple of other forum members I was eventually able to get it back!  Wink But it all began here from a web screen shot of MMNC in this thread, with my btc address displayed.

Thank you Dnotes and Dyna for finding and providing that, forever grateful. Was above and beyond the call of duty.

Ill be around again more often  Wink Looks like 2016 should be a great year for the whole Dnotes family!

Merry Christmas!

MMNC Smiley 

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 03:45:57 AM

Was just reading this article, http://dcebrief.com/bitcoin-alternative-dnotes-announces-company-launch-and-book-for-small-business-owners-in-2016/

A special thanks again to Dnotes and Dyna for the help they provided in regaining control of this account "MMNC" which was hacked and stolen early this past spring. The help provided was enough for one particular forum member (shorena) to take notice and put a little faith in my efforts to prove I was the original account owner. With that help and from the friends here in Dnotes forum, and a couple of other forum members I was eventually able to get it back!  Wink But it all began here from a web screen shot of MMNC in this thread, with my btc address displayed.

Thank you Dnotes and Dyna for finding and providing that, forever grateful. Was above and beyond the call of duty.

Ill be around again more often  Wink Looks like 2016 should be a great year for the whole Dnotes family!

Merry Christmas!

MMNC Smiley 

Wow, MinnermanNC! What a pleasant surprise to see you back posting. I am thrilled to see that you finally regained your Hero status. I know that you went through a lot for no fault of yours. We are happy to be of help. Your presence made my Christmas even more special. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

2016 will be a great year for us. We will be needing a lot of help and I trust that you will be there for us.

infovortice2013
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2015, 03:46:21 AM

nice atmosphere here guys !  i make a re do , and do my best! to spam over socialmedia, hope you like it too

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2015, 04:09:54 AM

Merry Christmas!

MMNC Smiley 

Wow, MinnermanNC! What a pleasant surprise to see you back posting. I am thrilled to see that you finally regained your Hero status. I know that you went through a lot for no fault of yours. We are happy to be of help. Your presence made my Christmas even more special. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

2016 will be a great year for us. We will be needing a lot of help and I trust that you will be there for us.

Wow is right, haven't heard from you in such a long time. Glad to see you again. No problem at all, glad we could help.

Thank you and same to you KC, Kold and MMNC.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2015, 04:10:55 AM

nice atmosphere here guys !  i make a re do , and do my best! to spam over socialmedia, hope you like it too

Thanks Infovortice!!! Really appreciate the extra effort to share the DNotes Holiday message!

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 04:33:16 AM

Thanks Infovortice!!! Really appreciate the extra effort to share the DNotes Holiday message!

Very nice Infovortice. Thank you and Merry Christmas!

Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 01:29:16 PM

In the spirit of the holidays, the DNotes community is inviting everyone to drop in at the forum and say hello.

From Christmas Eve through to the New Year, please share a bit of holiday cheer with us!

Everyone is welcome, so please pass this on!

Smiley Smiley

Merry Christmas everyone and I hope you have a wonderful day!

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
bhokor
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 01:32:21 PM

Merry Christmas to everyone and say is really nice to see how there are good people in Cryptoworld doing the right things, really we need more of it, congratulations
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 01:36:23 PM

Good article for a slow day. 2016 will be a very interesting year with a lot of adjustments and new ideas.
Many will be proven to have made the wrong bets, including VCs. Focus on those you can understand and believe in.

Merry Christmas.

Magister Advisors Global Leader Survey Findings Matthew Warner
December 24, 2015

Magister Advisors, financial advisors to international FinTech companies, has carried out a survey of a number of bitcoin and blockchain companies and reported on the findings, with predictions of what this meant for the future. Jeremy Millar, partner at Magister Advisors and Etienne Brunet, analyst at Magister Advisors, provided the report, which was titled ‘Blockchain and Bitcoin in 2016 A Survey of Global Leaders’.

To start, the report summarised a few key points, noting the fast maturation of bitcoin compliance and regulation. Additionally, the lack of clear bitcoin ‘native’ use cases in developed markets was mentioned as giving way to consumer finance apps with ‘bitcoin inside’, along with surge of developing economy applications. It also highlighted Magister Advisors’ estimate of investment in blockchain technology by financial institutions in the next 2 years.

On the investment side of blockchain, Magister Advisers estimate that over $1billion will be spent by large financial institutions in next 2 years. Trends over the past 3 years were noted as seeing a huge growth in investment, with the total reaching almost $1bn (majority in North America), with a lot of interest from financial institutions. The majority of investment was found to be raised by the top 11 companies, which include such names as Coinbase, BitPay and ripple. European scene was noted as being smaller; however, there were still a number of companies, like BitFury, which had raised a considerable amount of investment funding.

Magister Advisors said the past 12-18 months had seen a division between bitcoin and blockchain, with the cryptocurrency becoming the leading digital currency where blockchain is being investigated for its uses in other applications. Each are heading in their own direction, with bitcoin growing as a means for transactions and a rapid adoption in developing economies, whereas blockchain is being investigated by financial institutions to see whether it can replace or enhance existing infrastructure and if it can be used to cut down on costs. Blockchain is providing software and data to ecosystems; bitcoin is being used for a variety of purposes from remittance to global micropaymemts.

The research gave an overview of bitcoin’s history, both the development and value, stating that whilst bitcoin price had fluctuated wildly previously, it had been relatively stable in 2015 and, noting the Central Bank of Barbados’ paper, predicted that by 2030, bitcoin had the potential to become the 6th largest reserve currency. An increase in liquidity and confidence was also speculated. Other statistics found by surveys Magister Advisors carried out pointed to the difference in its use, with 90% of transactions being for commercial purposes vs. 90% of the value held for speculation.

On the issues bitcoin has faced with its image and association with crime and fraud, the report noted that the ‘leaders’ are attempting to address concerns as quickly as possible. Related to this, the speed at which regulation is being churned out was picked out as being very high.

The state of the different areas of the market were analysed. Mining was found to be moving towards a monopoly, with 5 miner companies (including 2 European ones) generating almost 80% of the revenue. In contrast to this, exchanges were noted as having become an oligopolistic market with a number of consolidations having already occurred – something Magister Advisors expect to continue over the next 12 months. Wallets, with Coinbase being used as an example, were described as evolving into banks, with Shift even issuing Coinbase a bitcoin debit card.

Emerging areas in bitcoin use were noted as including financial products such as hedge funds, ETFs, savings accounts and derivatives. For blockchain, different types of blockchain were identified as being tested with financial institutions, with any of them having the potential to be used depending on how the results turn out; however processes such as repurchasing agreements and making international payments were mentioned as being areas that blockchain had the potential to streamline. Citing The FinTech 2.0 Paper: Rebooting Financial Services, the survey highlighted the potential billions of dollars of saving that blockchain technology could bring in the next few years; a fact banks are aware of as a number of large financial institutions like Barclays were mentioned as having started projects to take advantage of the new technology. The report predicts that many of the companies used by these early adopters (and, by extension, the financial institutions that back them) may prove successful.

Bitcoin companies involved in the survey were: Abra, Bitcurex, Bitex.la, Bitonic, Bitstamp, Blockchain.info, Chainalysis, Circle, Coinbase, Coinfloor, Cryptopay, Elliptic, Fuzo Limited, KnCMiner, Magnr, Rivetz, Safello, SoftSwiss and Xapo. Blockchain companies involved were: ascribe.io, Chain, ConsenSys, Credits, Eris Industries, Everledger, Factom, Funderbeam, Guardtime, R3 CEV and Ripple.

Source:
http://allcoinsnews.com/2015/12/24/magister-advisors-global-leader-survey-findings/
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 02:01:34 PM

Merry Christmas!

MMNC Smiley 

Merry Christmas MinermanNC!  It's great to hear from you again and I'm glad everything worked out for you.

Merry Christmas to everyone and say is really nice to see how there are good people in Cryptoworld doing the right things, really we need more of it, congratulations

Thanks bhoker and Merry Christmas to you too! I agree - this is a great community! Smiley

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2015, 02:43:46 PM

Merry Christmas bhokor!

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2015, 02:44:22 PM

Bitcoin Weekly Recap 12-25-2015

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all from the DCEBrief team!
French Nationalist Party Moves for Greater Bitcoin Controls.
Art Gallery Event to Focus Attention on Bitcoin.
Bitcoin Foundations Shakeup.
Sputnik Announces Bitcoin Salary Payments for Employees.
UTXO Co-Founder Castenada: Bitcoin and Texas Well-Aligned.

http://dcebrief.com/bitcoin-weekly-recap-12-25-2015/

SmokeysGardens

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 04:37:13 PM

In the spirit of the holidays, the DNotes community is inviting everyone to drop in at the forum and say hello.

From Christmas Eve through to the New Year, please share a bit of holiday cheer with us!

Everyone is welcome, so please pass this on!

Smiley Smiley

Merry Christmas everyone and I hope you have a wonderful day!

Merry Christmas to all the DNotes Family. And Happy Holidays to any that celebrate the dozens of Holidays and Holy days this time of year! Exciting times lie ahead.......

Smokey
CryptoBroker79

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 06:56:58 PM

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all. DNotes has accomplished a lot over the past year, and I'm looking forward to what the new year has in store!
MarriedWithChildren

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 12:40:09 AM

Seasons Greetings DNotes  Grin
RJF

Activity: 616

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2015, 01:14:45 AM

Question:

I'm conducting research on alternative investments that include crypto currency. Has anyone here invested in Bitcoin, in any manor other than simply buying and holding it? I'm talking about legitimate funds and traditional investment vehicles that now include Bitcoin, etc.

Public or private answers are fine, no personal info please.

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 03:33:07 AM

Question:

I'm conducting research on alternative investments that include crypto currency. Has anyone here invested in Bitcoin, in any manor other than simply buying and holding it? I'm talking about legitimate funds and traditional investment vehicles that now include Bitcoin, etc.

I'm really liking the BTC Jam autoinvest program as a Bitcoin investment. Sometimes lending to margin traders on Poloniex works very well, but involves more management and last I checked rate of return was low.

For other coins, Diamond cloud mining is great, but legally it's not considered an investment-yada yada... Neucoin has its growth funds which currently offer out of this world rates of return (NEU is a staking coin).

Don't forget to mention DNotes vault Smiley

Merry Christmas!

EDIT: Almost forgot, the rental starter fund on Havelock is another good one. Not super high rate of return, but solid. They have a legal disclaimer about not taking US investments but I have not heard of that being enforced, probably just a necessary CYA statement.
RJF

Activity: 616

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2015, 03:52:23 AM

Question:

I'm really liking the BTC Jam autoinvest program as a Bitcoin investment. Sometimes lending to margin traders on Poloniex works very well, but involves more management and last I checked rate of return was low.

For other coins, Diamond cloud mining is great, but legally it's not considered an investment-yada yada... Neucoin has its growth funds which currently offer out of this world rates of return (NEU is a staking coin).

Merry Christmas!

EDIT: Almost forgot, the rental starter fund on Havelock is another good one. Not super high rate of return, but solid. They have a legal disclaimer about not taking US investments but I have not heard of that being enforced, probably just a necessary CYA statement.

Thanks wiser, appreciate the info...

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 02:15:29 PM

Question:

Merry Christmas!

Thanks wiser, appreciate the info...

Good morning. Hope you all had a great holiday. I had a delightful time, spending the whole day with family. Now I have a lot of catching up to do.

RJF raised a very good question for discussion. Bitcoin and digital currency will be a viable and significant alternative investment. I certainly encourage our community to spend some time on this subject and share with us what you know as well as what you think. Wiser has given us a great start. Don't forget that our family CRISPs are specifically launched for the purpose of providing an alternative self-directed investment savings. We fully expect substantial growth in the coming years.
Pages: « 1 ... 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 [422] 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: