Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 09:05:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 [374] 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814493 times)
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2015, 01:45:28 PM

Good morning all, here is the digital currency weekly recap.

Digital Currency Weekly Recap 10-11-2015

http://dcebrief.com/digital-currency-weekly-recap-10-11-2015/

Please let us know if you have any comments or suggestions.

Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 02:21:39 PM

Cool. I like it. I certainly encourage everyone to check it out.
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 02:49:24 PM

Looks good. I'm enjoying the new content delivery formats being played with.

kanus1113

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 04:37:52 PM

Looks good. I'm enjoying the new content delivery formats being played with.

Very cool, a busy executive type would appreciate this format... I do too. Very easy to read.
RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2015, 05:47:17 PM

What's going on with these guys using "NOTE"?

http://coinmarketcap.com/assets/bitshares-music/#markets

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2015, 06:35:00 PM

We emailed them prior to their launch, letting them know we already use the trade symbol. I can't say exactly how that will work, as they are a bitshares asset, are they supposed to be listed on public exchanges or just basically in their bitshare asset exchange?

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2015, 08:26:35 PM

The images on DCEBrief are a huge part of the design of the site, and more important than you may have thought. Just like the social media contest I have been delaying because I haven't come up with a good social media graphical flyer as of yet. Images are part of the marketing, they grab the users attention and interest.

I had a couple ideas for the weekly recap images and would like your opinions:

1) We can do an image for each individual mini article, and make a collage out of it.

2) Come up with the best visual representation of the category, and reuse it every week.

Each have advantages, option 1 is a larger time investment but will be more relevant to the individual topics as well as something new to look at each time that may draw their attention better. Option 2 is more relevant to the category, and when they see the image the will immediately know what it is for. The third option is a new category image each week, but that will be impossible to find good ones each time, si I've ruled it out.

For reference, I started with option 2, the digital currency one the best one so far in my opinion, but the other two may need improvement.

Digital Currency

Bitcoin

Blockchain

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 08:37:41 PM

The images on DCEBrief are a huge part of the design of the site, and more important than you may have thought. Just like the social media contest I have been delaying because I haven't come up with a good social media graphical flyer as of yet. Images are part of the marketing, they grab the users attention and interest.

1) We can do an image for each individual mini article, and make a collage out of it.

2) Come up with the best visual representation of the category, and reuse it every week.

Each have advantages, option 1 is a larger time investment but will be more relevant to the individual topics as well as something new to look at each time that may draw their attention better. Option 2 is more relevant to the category, and when they see the image the will immediately know what it is for. The third option is a new category image each week, but that will be impossible to find good ones each time, si I've ruled it out.

For reference, I started with option 2, the digital currency one the best one so far in my opinion, but the other two may need improvement.

Digital Currency

Bitcoin

Blockchain

The first one is a destined award winner. The other two are very good as well.
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 10:25:41 PM

We emailed them prior to their launch, letting them know we already use the trade symbol. I can't say exactly how that will work, as they are a bitshares asset, are they supposed to be listed on public exchanges or just basically in their bitshare asset exchange?

Morning!

Assets are created on their home system, then they either are or are not coded up onto an ‘outside’ exchange. Sometimes it happens within hours of the launch. Sometimes never. There are dozens of assets on Nxt’s Secure Asset Exchange that have not made it beyond.

And the ‘Who is the real “Note” ‘ thing? Techno Wild West!

It’s a shmozzle: who got born first, honest oversights, intent to scam (Nxt’s SAE!!), and the fact that trading abbreviation and name are different things.

The two Paycoins slanged it out for ages. Both of them – XPY and PYC – are still listed on Cryptsy.

Mark (IndiaMikeZulu), Australia
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 10:52:50 PM

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/10/10/us-imf-cenbank-idUSKCN0S40VE20151010

'Good morning, passengers. We've just realised that the pilot is actually an astrology-college dropout who got the job 'cause his uncle owns this airline. Drinks will be served. Please remain in your seats.'
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 11:16:32 PM

Imagine a world with hundreds of national currencies, as they are; supplemented by thousands of digital currencies and tens of thousands of complimentary community currencies. This is what PayServices is about. It is a bridge between the new and the old world where anything of value can be traded and used as a medium of exchange.

Hyper-connectivity, by way of our smart phones, with geolocation apps, enables your neighbors to easily pinpoint your offer to sell or trade items they are interested to acquire. This is your garage sale of the future. Digital currency or any digital asset can be used for the transaction just as easily with your neighbor or someone else a world apart. That is the power of the ingenious distributed public ledger consensus system of the Blockchain technology everyone is talking about.

This is a Big Bold project. DNotes is proud to be a member of PayServices large family of currencies. Our mission is to be the trusted global digital currency for everyone worldwide to participate.

Congratulations, Mr. Danenberg. Great job.

Resilient cities can use local complementary community currencies to
improve the lives of their inhabitants. Here's how:

Oct 11, 2015

Written by:
Willy Danenberg
Founder, PayServices

Cities that are resilient combine the best of both worlds: Local production of food, goods and services and their local consumption as well as the creation of sufficient added value in goods and services to exchange it for goods and services not produced locally using usually FIAT (conventional) currencies.
In fact, any value exchange locally or not can be done either directly as a barter deal i.e. one product exchanged for a service without going to the additional expense and complication of exchanging not only the goods and services but also exchanging currency. Currencies are also used when the information and know how of goods and services availability for an exchange is not perfect and also to store the value for an exchange to be done later.

Today technology improves the timing, opportunities and availability of the information and permits a much more perfect market thus reducing losses in transport time and costs or reduced freshness of perishable goods in any market.

More perfect markets reduce the impact on the environment and is easier on the budget due to reduced costs for getting what is needed from the seller to the buyer or from any participating party to the other along the supply chain.

Currencies in general can have a huge impact on society and people's life if they are created, managed and used as a medium to fulfill unmet needs with available unused capacity. If the need is social, economical, ecological, educational, health, food related, etc. it is often also designated as an Impact Investing Currency.  A currency used in transactions and businesses that provide at the same time a good financial Return On Investment (ROI) and at the same time a return for the common good (RCG).
Today, it is a growing trend. In France for example it is estimated that around 2-4 new currencies are created every week. All over the world, cities, communities and tribes are creating new activities and Impact Investing foundations and funds are financing such projects.

This trend is not only for a consumer to consumer type of transactions but can also be profitable for businesses doing business with other businesses. A good example is the currency called CLIX which is now launched in Tucson Arizona using PayServices Inc. MEOS system.

Also, with the growing importance of such projects, a growing trend is that municipalities designate now departments and name CSO's Chief Sustainability Officers to work and develop such projects.
Foundations such as the Rockefeller Foundation fund such cities and support globally the Resilient Cities approach. The CGI - Clinton Global Initiative is also a very good example of such high profile activities and support it now gets around the world.

By comparing a local citizen that wants to buy a book. That citizen can buy the book on the Internet and get it delivered to his home. The money he pays with his credit card will leave his community and will become the money of the corporation to be spent somewhere else. If however he buys a book at the local book store, the owner's bank account will benefit and the owner, being also a neighbor will use the money from that sale locally to buy bread from the local bakery, who may buy its flour from the local farmer who in return will buy bread from the baker using the flour he provided.  Only local currencies especially digital ones, can make sure that the money in circulation can only be used locally and will not leave the community and at the same time be scaleable and easily replicable benefiting from experience gathered elsewhere and also in turn benefiting other communities.

In the same way, let's say that the municipality of Miami wants to provide incentives to foreign companies to come and invest in Miami. If they provide such incentive in USD, the company receiving such an incentive may spend the money in Atlanta Georgia. However, if the money can only be spent in businesses in Miami, then for each unit of currency it will benefit probably much more than the one unit of currency in question since it will circulate from one business to another through the local Miami businesses. Complementary Community Currency tends to exchange more hands locally than Conventional Currency.

Many efforts are in place today but many are small in scale and may only represent a social experiment and are difficult to scale up. The reason is that for many it is part of a learning process and are a social experiment.

Blockchain technology is also being tested as the medium for making public all transactions and adds another technological layer and hurdle for a successful launch. It is not certain, although there is a lot of hype around Bitcoins and similar currencies that this technology is to be used locally efficiently.
The smartphone revolution, also has impacted this since now not only you may want paper currency, but also tools that you can use with your smartphone, your web browser and using a Point Of Sale Equipment. Also, exchanging such currencies to other currencies is in demand.

The only available full set of easily implementable and scaleable technologies that can provide such solutions is the PayServices Inc. MEOS - Multi Exchange Operating System which is already used internationally by a growing Impact Investing, local communities, Resilient Cities, municipalities and tribes providing for a complete toolset scaleable turn key solution. You describe your needs, PayServices.com provides the currency design and tools that will provide the technology to enable for an easy and real time exchange, management and benefit for the local community and the common good.  

A new central reserve currency for a community can be created and implemented not in months or years but within minutes or just a few hours and your community and its users is ready to roll.

This is an incredible giant leap for Resilient Communities and is currently also available in 23 languages. More languages can be added as needed. Costs are very low and some of the costs can also be paid in your new local newly created currency. Isn't it great?  

Source:
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/resilient-cities-can-use-local-complementary-improve-lives-danenberg?trk=hb_ntf_MEGAPHONE_ARTICLE_POST
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2015, 12:07:32 AM

Morning!

Assets are created on their home system, then they either are or are not coded up onto an ‘outside’ exchange. Sometimes it happens within hours of the launch. Sometimes never. There are dozens of assets on Nxt’s Secure Asset Exchange that have not made it beyond.

And the ‘Who is the real “Note” ‘ thing? Techno Wild West!

It’s a shmozzle: who got born first, honest oversights, intent to scam (Nxt’s SAE!!), and the fact that trading abbreviation and name are different things.

The two Paycoins slanged it out for ages. Both of them – XPY and PYC – are still listed on Cryptsy.

Mark (IndiaMikeZulu), Australia

Thanks for clarifying Mark. Probably not a big concern as of yet, but worth keeping an eye on.

Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 04:17:13 AM

Digital Currency

Bitcoin

Blockchain

The pictures used in DCEBrief have been perfect.  Having well suited and quality photos like that will help etch a story in the reader's mind.  They are also very pleasant to look at which will keep the reader at the site longer. 

I like both the Digital Currency image and the Bitcoin image in option 2. The collage sounds very interesting as well, as long as it isn't too much work.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 01:08:31 PM

I received many emails from around the world every day. Here is one I love to share with you and welcome your feed back. You might remember that the only CRISP program we have not launched is "CRISP For Charity". It has been delayed for strategic reason. We wanted to wait for the most opportune time, like almost everything else we do. Positioning is the key word to our over-all strategy, hence our highly scalable building blocks that are strategically linked. This could be another classic case of the DNotes' difference. If it works out, DNotes can be one of the key drivers for their success. Can you imagine the possibilities? Love to have your inputs.

Email From Nathan:

Hello Mr. Yong,

Thank you for connecting with me. From your summary, you have given great devotion to alternative currencies, this is a topic that I intend to give a large dedication of my life to. Perhaps we can find common ground to learn from each other. Hope you have a great day,

Nathan

Co-Founder
Foreign Big Brothers
2014 – Present (1 year)Hangzhou City, Zhejiang Province, China
As of today, we have a full length film being edited for public distribution. Join us in anticipation of the release soon to come.

The Foreign Big Brothers is a project that aims to bridge the gap in education around the world, starting in rural China. We are five brothers from 5 countries spanning four continents around the world, united by our common desire to make a resonating impact for a better world.

We have decided to pursue the opportunity of creating a TV show in China. The first step in our goal to bridge the gap in education for Children around the world has been to find a school in rural China, go to them to discuss their needs, gather needed resources, and to return to the school for a transformation. The weekend of April 24-27, 2015 marks the first successfully completed transformation at Dalishan Primary school, located in the mountains around Longyou, Zhejiang Province, China. This transformation is a good step for the school, the volunteers, and shows a bright future for all the children who have yet to be reached.

In order to accomplish this change we have met with officials from the Zhejiang Government, University, and TV channels;visited the local school; and received permission to make the change. We utilized the logistics systems available, Taobao, to gather resources, and hired the help of some locals to assist our team of volunteers with supplies and expertise at the distant school.

Thank you for all the kind support from the volunteers, the locals, and all who support us by word or deed. May you have a great day and give a little brightness to the world.

Please stay tuned for more updates. If you have any questions, observations, insights, or have any particular interest in supporting our efforts here in China or abroad, please feel free to contact me via WeChat at 18506571713. or on the Linked-in messenger system. My American phone is now available 260.415.6845
HORT

Activity: 508
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 01:59:34 PM

I received many emails from around the world every day. Here is one I love to share with you and welcome your feed back. You might remember that the only CRISP program we have not launched is "CRISP For Charity". It has been delayed for strategic reason. We wanted to wait for the most opportune time, like almost everything else we do. Positioning is the key word to our over-all strategy, hence our highly scalable building blocks that are strategically linked. This could be another classic case of the DNotes' difference. If it works out, DNotes can be one of the key drivers for their success. Can you imagine the possibilities? Love to have your inputs.

Email From Nathan:

Hello Mr. Yong,

Thank you for connecting with me. From your summary, you have given great devotion to alternative currencies, this is a topic that I intend to give a large dedication of my life to. Perhaps we can find common ground to learn from each other. Hope you have a great day,

Nathan

Co-Founder
Foreign Big Brothers
As of today, we have a full length film being edited for public distribution. Join us in anticipation of the release soon to come.

The Foreign Big Brothers is a project that aims to bridge the gap in education around the world, starting in rural China. We are five brothers from 5 countries spanning four continents around the world, united by our common desire to make a resonating impact for a better world.

We have decided to pursue the opportunity of creating a TV show in China. The first step in our goal to bridge the gap in education for Children around the world has been to find a school in rural China, go to them to discuss their needs, gather needed resources, and to return to the school for a transformation. The weekend of April 24-27, 2015 marks the first successfully completed transformation at Dalishan Primary school, located in the mountains around Longyou, Zhejiang Province, China. This transformation is a good step for the school, the volunteers, and shows a bright future for all the children who have yet to be reached.

In order to accomplish this change we have met with officials from the Zhejiang Government, University, and TV channels;visited the local school; and received permission to make the change. We utilized the logistics systems available, Taobao, to gather resources, and hired the help of some locals to assist our team of volunteers with supplies and expertise at the distant school.

Thank you for all the kind support from the volunteers, the locals, and all who support us by word or deed. May you have a great day and give a little brightness to the world.

Please stay tuned for more updates. If you have any questions, observations, insights, or have any particular interest in supporting our efforts here in China or abroad, please feel free to contact me via WeChat at 18506571713. or on the Linked-in messenger system. My American phone is now available 260.415.6845

Yes, this is perfect and just in time for 2016. I believe the launching of the CRISP for Charity could be a tremendous turning point for DNotes. If China sees what DNotes is accomplishing, I believe the market will wake and actually notice what is going on in the cryto world, especially with DNotes. As you put so perfectly it will be a key driver for their success, but it will definitely be a DNotes success story as well!
Chase
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 02:18:02 PM

Email From Nathan:

Hello Mr. Yong,

Nathan

Co-Founder
Foreign Big Brothers

Every time I hear about a charity like this, I always think about how DNotes could benefit them.  I love these types of charities that operate at a grass roots level so to say, as opposed to the ones with 80 - 90% administration costs, with little left over to help their cause.  Just imagine what they could do with donations of DNotes that are held in a timed send contract, or set for release in 5 years like the CRISP for Retirement.  Even a small donation of $5 or $10 worth of DNotes now (or when CRISP for Charity launches), could be worth a significant amount in a few years.

Good luck to Foreign Big Brothers and I hope we can be a big help to you with our CRISP For Charity when it launches! Smiley

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

Chase
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 02:50:58 PM

To all of our Canadian family and friends - at home, at CryptoMoms and at DNotes,

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Smiley Smiley

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2015, 02:54:26 PM

The pictures used in DCEBrief have been perfect.  Having well suited and quality photos like that will help etch a story in the reader's mind.  They are also very pleasant to look at which will keep the reader at the site longer. 

I like both the Digital Currency image and the Bitcoin image in option 2. The collage sounds very interesting as well, as long as it isn't too much work.

Thanks Chase, I think we will continue with option 2 and focus on improving the blockchain one for next week. Appreciate the feedback.

Also, Ken came up with a great idea to create a writing guide to keep everyone on the same page and clarify what an acceptable DCEBrief article is. I will be working on that today, if you have any suggestions for the guide, please let us know.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2015, 02:55:31 PM

To all of our Canadian family and friends - at home, at CryptoMoms and at DNotes,

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Smiley Smiley

Happy Thanksgiving to our friends in Canada!

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 03:19:33 PM

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Smiley Smiley

Certainly, Happy Thanksgiving to all our friends and supporters in Canada!!!
Pages: « 1 ... 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 [374] 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: