Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 06:50:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 [373] 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814493 times)
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 12:05:08 AM

Mastercard vs. Bitcoin (Round 6 or 7, who knows??)

Mastercard may have a new and friendlier face for this battle, but the facts just don't add up.

"Cairns said digital currency will certainly be part of the ecosystem. "I mean you already have them in various countries around the world, Mint in Canada for instance - that's a regulated currency."  No, it's not.  First of all, it was called MintChip, and secondly, it never progressed past the development stage.  The program was cancelled in April, 2014 after two years of trying (government style - lol) to make it work.

Here's a good one:  "Cairns pointed out to IBTimes that there isn't a "considerable amount of fraud" on credit card transactions. "It's a very low percentage," she said. "But you want to get it to be absolutely minimal."  Seriously??  There may be only a small number of massive credit card fraud cases like the one committed on Target, but that is not the only kind of fraud that occurs with credit cards.  According to the 2014 Cybersource Fraud Benchmark Report,  60% of chargebacks are disputed by merchants.  Some merchants don't bother, because they don't have the time to fight it.  Care to guess how many of those chargebacks are customers committing fraud by denying that they received the purchase, or that it was 'broken', etc?  Fraud is fraud.

There is probably more fuzzy facts in this article.  These two just grabbed my attention.

MasterCard talks tokenisation, Bitcoin and biometrics

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/mastercard-talks-tokenisation-bitcoin-biometrics-1522674

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2015, 12:32:37 AM

Mastercard vs. Bitcoin (Round 6 or 7, who knows??)

Mastercard may have a new and friendlier face for this battle, but the facts just don't add up.

"Cairns said digital currency will certainly be part of the ecosystem. "I mean you already have them in various countries around the world, Mint in Canada for instance - that's a regulated currency."  No, it's not.  First of all, it was called MintChip, and secondly, it never progressed past the development stage.  The program was cancelled in April, 2014 after two years of trying (government style - lol) to make it work.

Here's a good one:  "Cairns pointed out to IBTimes that there isn't a "considerable amount of fraud" on credit card transactions. "It's a very low percentage," she said. "But you want to get it to be absolutely minimal."  Seriously??  There may be only a small number of massive credit card fraud cases like the one committed on Target, but that is not the only kind of fraud that occurs with credit cards.  According to the 2014 Cybersource Fraud Benchmark Report,  60% of chargebacks are disputed by merchants.  Some merchants don't bother, because they don't have the time to fight it.  Care to guess how many of those chargebacks are customers committing fraud by denying that they received the purchase, or that it was 'broken', etc?  Fraud is fraud.

There is probably more fuzzy facts in this article.  These two just grabbed my attention.

MasterCard talks tokenisation, Bitcoin and biometrics

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/mastercard-talks-tokenisation-bitcoin-biometrics-1522674

I think the bottom line is that just about anything available in the card network will/can also be available for the cryptocurrency networks. I know they are trying to improve technology and reduce fraud, they have been for years, but I feel like they need to look more closely at the potential of cryptocurrency. It could lighten the security load, reduce fraud, provide more consumer protections, and reduce overall fees.

kanus1113

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 01:19:33 AM

Keep up the good work guys. Another great article. I see traffic is still growing, down to 187k on US alexa rank.
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 06:40:38 AM
Last edit: October 09, 2015, 06:54:17 AM by IMZ

Australian Bitcoin-Exchange Closures

‘A whole bunch of stuff is slightly untrue in really important ways.’
Ian Ridgwell

“Two pioneering Australian fintech companies were off and running on Wednesday under the pleased eye of trumpeter of innovation and Prime Minister, Malcolm Turnbull.”
 http://www.afr.com/technology/malcolm-turnbull-on-hand-as-new-ipo-investment-app-launches-20151007-gk3ci5

Storm in a teacup . . . almost.

The Reuters article is not very accurate. The attack is real, but exchanges aren’t being closed so much as having to scramble for every fewer accommodating banks. There’s very very little discussion or awareness of what’s going on.

The overall situation remains one of agitation, but far from wholly negative – for example, three of the banks involved in the closures are trialing cryptos, and check the article referenced above.

Interestingly, campers, what Ian and I found ourselves eager to say is:

Australians are lost and exhausted deep in a postmodern maze of corporate gobbledee talk and leave-a-message-after-the-beep and debt-fueled-affluence time-poverty.

What this will ultimately mean for cryptos we don’t know, but we agree that great efforts must be made to ease the way for The 99%.

Mark
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 01:07:17 PM

Australian Bitcoin-Exchange Closures

‘A whole bunch of stuff is slightly untrue in really important ways.’
Ian Ridgwell

“Two pioneering Australian fintech companies were off and running on Wednesday under the pleased eye of trumpeter of innovation and Prime Minister, Malcolm Turnbull.”
 http://www.afr.com/technology/malcolm-turnbull-on-hand-as-new-ipo-investment-app-launches-20151007-gk3ci5

Storm in a teacup . . . almost.

The Reuters article is not very accurate. The attack is real, but exchanges aren’t being closed so much as having to scramble for every fewer accommodating banks. There’s very very little discussion or awareness of what’s going on.

The overall situation remains one of agitation, but far from wholly negative – for example, three of the banks involved in the closures are trialing cryptos, and check the article referenced above.

Interestingly, campers, what Ian and I found ourselves eager to say is:

Australians are lost and exhausted deep in a postmodern maze of corporate gobbledee talk and leave-a-message-after-the-beep and debt-fueled-affluence time-poverty.

What this will ultimately mean for cryptos we don’t know, but we agree that great efforts must be made to ease the way for The 99%.

Mark

Thanks, for the post, Mark. Very informative. DNotes has a clear vision right from the "get-go" that we must build a trusted brand, if the currency were to have sustainable value. Time is on our side, as long as we stay the course; demonstrating absolute integrity and trustworthiness. We must plan our destiny and govern our destiny. Only with that can we remain with a high level of confidence that DNotes will one day be the trusted global digital currency for everyone worldwide.

DNotes is the only digital currency with its own ecosystem being built block by block and 100% funded by some of its stakeholders. This is no small undertaking in terms of cost or efforts, but, without a doubt, the right thing to do for the best interest of all our stakeholders and our industry.

We recognize that our world is not perfect and will never be. There will always be the inherent tendency to protect one's own self-interest before others; occasionally at the cost of others. Banks and credit/debit card companies are the incumbents that will be most seriously disrupted by Bitcoin and other digital currencies like DNotes.

They are now reacting, out of fears, and pushing back. Over the long term, that will hurt them more than help them. I am glad that you confirm the fact that, "The attack is real, but exchanges aren’t being closed so much as having to scramble for every fewer accommodating banks."

We believe that there will always be some "smart banks", just like, there will always be some "good guys." Those could be our best friends and we are on a mission to find them. If all failed, we will be our own bank. We govern our own destiny; hence all that extra efforts and costs to ensure that we are building a complete system that can collaborate or be self-sustaining by itself.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2015, 02:27:06 PM

Trying out a new article format on DCEBrief and would like to hear everyone's comments. The idea is to cover the most important news of the week. I think it would be a good way to cover more important topics, while we ramp up DCEBrief.

Bitcoin Weekly Recap 10-9-2015

http://dcebrief.com/bitcoin-weekly-recap-10-9-2015/

We will also have one for blockchain and digital currency as a whole.

TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 02:52:45 PM

Trying out a new article format on DCEBrief and would like to hear everyone's comments. The idea is to cover the most important news of the week. I think it would be a good way to cover more important topics, while we ramp up DCEBrief.

I really like that format. It's great to have a weekly roundup for people that don't want to check each day to see who has said what about crypto in the last week. I like that the articles for the most part are 'informational' rather than just news, people walk away having learned something. This is sometimes combined with news pieces, so it isn't just straight reporting as such.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 03:06:37 PM

I really like that format. It's great to have a weekly roundup for people that don't want to check each day to see who has said what about crypto in the last week. I like that the articles for the most part are 'informational' rather than just news, people walk away having learned something. This is sometimes combined with news pieces, so it isn't just straight reporting as such.

Fantastic! How about that - it is of great value to me personally too, because I no longer have the time to read every industry article. This is perfect, and as always, Ken did an outstanding job. Keep that up Ken and it will be my must visit site for Executive Briefing!!!
Bergman

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 05:05:29 PM

Fantastic! How about that - it is of great value to me personally too, because I no longer have the time to read every industry article. This is perfect, and as always, Ken did an outstanding job. Keep that up Ken and it will be my must visit site for Executive Briefing!!!

This will be a great resource for me. I would recommend something like a price breakdown as well.
KC

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 09:07:44 PM

Probably a good thing that we played it straight then. So much for my idea of doing a Daily Show version of the news...
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2015, 11:28:41 PM

Probably a good thing that we played it straight then. So much for my idea of doing a Daily Show version of the news...

Probably, though a daily show version would have been fun.

We won't likely has as many items for the blockchain and digital currency versions, but I'm sure they should be great as well.

Not having much luck creating the social media flyer design as of yet. Soon as I do, I will be ready to launch the campaign.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 12:53:28 AM
Last edit: October 10, 2015, 02:24:08 AM by Dyna

Probably, though a daily show version would have been fun.

We won't likely has as many items for the blockchain and digital currency versions, but I'm sure they should be great as well.

Not having much luck creating the social media flyer design as of yet. Soon as I do, I will be ready to launch the campaign.

It makes sense to let publications in our industry, that are better positioned, to report on daily news, though I wished that some of the reporting is more positive, accurate and unbiased. Our team of writers at DCEBrief has already been doing a super job.

At times we may want to focus on a specific issue or area, and write a series of articles on that. A good one to start off could be education and students with mention of the importance of savings for education and the significant of CRISP For Students, as well as preparing students for our industry growing demand and opportunities for high paying jobs.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2015, 04:56:04 AM

Found a nice little editorial on NewsBTC

http://www.newsbtc.com/2015/10/10/cryptocurrency-dnotes-announces-new-2016-venture/

KC

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 05:15:14 AM

A nice find, and a very good summation of the Press Release. Nice to see.

You evidently use your internet search time in a much more efficient manner than I do... my haul today has consisted of two pictures of dogs playing poker, and a poorly written article about the forgotten health benefits of tator tot casserole. But at least they've given me an idea for tomorrow's dinner.

No, not the dogs... the other thing.

Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 02:17:31 PM

This editorial is exactly where it should be, at the top of the latest (and greatest Wink) news on page one!  Next... front page news of all mainstream media!!

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2015, 02:29:36 PM

All, here is the blockchain weekly recap:

Blockchain Weekly Recap 10-10-2015

http://dcebrief.com/blockchain-weekly-recap-10-10-2015/

Comments and suggestion are welcome.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 05:55:34 PM

You evidently use your internet search time in a much more efficient manner than I do... my haul today has consisted of two pictures of dogs playing poker, and a poorly written article about the forgotten health benefits of tator tot casserole. But at least they've given me an idea for tomorrow's dinner.

Thanks, for the good laugh. I hope someone from the White House is not reading this post.
Bergman

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 06:19:40 PM

All, here is the blockchain weekly recap:

Blockchain Weekly Recap 10-10-2015

http://dcebrief.com/blockchain-weekly-recap-10-10-2015/

Comments and suggestion are welcome.

Good selection for blockchain coverage and well written, very compelling.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2015, 07:09:43 PM

This editorial is exactly where it should be, at the top of the latest (and greatest Wink) news on page one!  Next... front page news of all mainstream media!!

Thanks Chase! Here is another one that I haven't seen before:

http://www.streetinsider.com/Press+Releases/Bitcoin+Alternative+DNotes+Announces+New+Company+Launch+in+2016+to+Integrate+the+Currency,+Payment+System,+and+Blockchain/10946816.html

KC

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 11:27:43 PM

Thanks, for the good laugh. I hope someone from the White House is not reading this post.

Hahaha... that was funnier than mine. Very nice.
Pages: « 1 ... 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 [373] 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: