Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:00:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: You are in the Gambling section. You are likely to eventually lose any money that you gamble/"invest". Additionally, moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Do not gamble more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 180 »
  Print  
Author Topic: btc-arbs.com - Update: dead HYIP, Refund progress: BTC-arbs still doing refunds  (Read 276777 times)
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 02:24:54 PM

Is there any way to find out who these crooks are?
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RickyCardero

Activity: 358
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 02:59:36 PM

When the site was new I sent a $2000 wire to a personal account of the owner in Florida. PM me for details.

aksu

Activity: 23
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 03:02:44 PM

When the site was new I sent a $2000 wire to a personal account of the owner in Florida. PM me for details.

Of course you can tell details here, or to the police
RickyCardero

Activity: 358

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 03:10:40 PM

Yesterday I was paid $500 / $2000 back with the promise that I will be paid more "soon". If "Ron James" keeps his end of the deal and pays me, I will keep the bank details private.

I think there is much more to this story than we know. My account was hacked 3 weeks ago and after the money had been withdrawn it was later returned. I'm also getting spam messages to an email address that I only used here. Maybe they were hacked?

mikeMI

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 03:55:58 PM

***** POSTED *****

Wednesday 30th April 2014

0.30%

Another legacy transfer has been completed and our auditors have provided an update. Based on their preliminary analysis, heartbleed created two vulnerabilities that were exploited. First, the addresses for incoming Bitcoin deposits were altered. Second, multiple accounts were hacked and had balances changed. As part of the conditions of the Global Capital Alliance purchasing BTC-Arbs, we are tasked with resolving the mess and restoring order to the company. I am confident that we will be able to resolve our issues with your ongoing patience and support. Regular legacy transfers are being made and entire legacy fund balances are being moved one account at a time (after rigorous balance validation tests). Today's arbitrage result is 0.3%. Ron James & The Global Capital Alliance
wdl1908

Activity: 411
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 04:09:07 PM

***** POSTED *****

0.30%

Another legacy transfer has been completed and our auditors have provided an update. Based on their preliminary analysis, heartbleed created two vulnerabilities that were exploited. First, the addresses for incoming Bitcoin deposits were altered. Second, multiple accounts were hacked and had balances changed. As part of the conditions of the Global Capital Alliance purchasing BTC-Arbs, we are tasked with resolving the mess and restoring order to the company. I am confident that we will be able to resolve our issues with your ongoing patience and support. Regular legacy transfers are being made and entire legacy fund balances are being moved one account at a time (after rigorous balance validation tests). Today's arbitrage result is 0.3%. Ron James & The Global Capital Alliance

And this then is the biggest bull I ever heard.
NLNico
Legendary
hacker

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1289

DiceSites.com owner

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 04:11:07 PM

heartbleed created two vulnerabilities that were exploited. First, the addresses for incoming Bitcoin deposits were altered.

As a security researcher I cannot imagine the heartbleed exploit leading to this. You can "only" read data in the memory (eg cookies to takr over user sessions) I really cannot think of a way to alter deposit addresses.

Seems like ponzi is lying once again, what a surprise.

lesnod11

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 04:11:31 PM

***** POSTED *****

0.30%

Heartbleed is only a problem with Openssl servers. btc-arbs could be using openssl but the very day heartbleed became known to the public (April 7th) was the day a fix was released. I do not believe heartbleed was the cause of this. Only 17% of the servers in out there use openssl.
yonce

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 05:08:09 PM

They are all excuses friends. Originally why I called this admin out while it was paying. He is the scummiest of them all. Hope the best for all of you with your selective payouts, but please don't waste your time analyzing their excuses. My heart breaks that the community was fleeced yet again in a short term HYIP to so many who did not realize they were playing a HYIP.

STAY AWAY: rockwell,btc-arbs,bitcoin-trader - I've been playing HYIP's and have a near flawless record over the last year. Made over 1000% return last year. Play HYIP's safely and smart! Stay away from the referral whores on this forum, especially from those putting out their referral links in their signatures. They have no other interest but to profit from you.
yonce

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 05:09:49 PM

***** POSTED *****

0.30%

Heartbleed is only a problem with Openssl servers. btc-arbs could be using openssl but the very day heartbleed became known to the public (April 7th) was the day a fix was released. I do not believe heartbleed was the cause of this. Only 17% of the servers in out there use openssl.

A couple of HYIP's emailed me in their newsletters about patching heartbleed same day all the big legit companies sent out emails. I changed my password on all those HYIP's at the time and no other issues ensued or anything. You are correct heartbleed has no real basis in their bullshit, especially sitting here at the end of April.

STAY AWAY: rockwell,btc-arbs,bitcoin-trader - I've been playing HYIP's and have a near flawless record over the last year. Made over 1000% return last year. Play HYIP's safely and smart! Stay away from the referral whores on this forum, especially from those putting out their referral links in their signatures. They have no other interest but to profit from you.
jgm_coin

Activity: 230

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 05:10:48 PM

Can no longer access my account - "incorrect login credentials" even though I know I correctly entered them several times.  

Rent out your rig for up to 100% more than you can mine http://tinyurl.com/lc5axo2
yonce

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 05:11:07 PM

heartbleed created two vulnerabilities that were exploited. First, the addresses for incoming Bitcoin deposits were altered.

As a security researcher I cannot imagine the heartbleed exploit leading to this. You can "only" read data in the memory (eg cookies to takr over user sessions) I really cannot think of a way to alter deposit addresses.

Seems like ponzi is lying once again, what a surprise.

Exactly, just extra time to take advantage of newbies.

yonce

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 05:12:19 PM

I encourage people new to the HYIP stall tactics and bullshit by the scummy admins to read up on a famous program of last year "HourlyRevShare" - I think they were the epitome - grand master - bullshitters of stall tactics of 2013

lesnod11

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 05:27:53 PM

Can no longer access my account - "incorrect login credentials" even though I know I correctly entered them several times.  

lol yonce must be busy today, I get a lot of "This user is ignored messages". He must be going off on how much he knows about sites going under (what a subject to be an expert at!).

In any case, did you try doing the forgot password and resetting your password?
FreeJack2k2

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 05:43:19 PM

I sent them a message today, explaining that I would happily provide them with my detailed spreadsheets and record of funds sent from my wallet that corroborates every deposit I made to them. Nothing was EVER changed on my account and I've had two factor authentication since the day they offered it. Not that it'll do any good. I've managed to pull out a whopping 1.2 Bitcoin, with about 36 still behind the "legacy" wall.
lesnod11

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 05:58:01 PM

I sent them a message today, explaining that I would happily provide them with my detailed spreadsheets and record of funds sent from my wallet that corroborates every deposit I made to them. Nothing was EVER changed on my account and I've had two factor authentication since the day they offered it. Not that it'll do any good. I've managed to pull out a whopping 1.2 Bitcoin, with about 36 still behind the "legacy" wall.

I have exactly 1/10th of that, I have slightly over .12 I can pull out and 3.6 stuck in the "Legacy" board game.
dhsc19

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 06:23:33 PM
Last edit: April 30, 2014, 06:38:35 PM by dhsc19

lol yonce must be busy today, I get a lot of "This user is ignored messages". He must be going off on how much he knows about sites going under (what a subject to be an expert at!).

I don't think it takes anything more than common sense to see red flags and a facility to analyze a situation to realize the risks.  I've not sent anything to btc-arbs support regarding wanting to get my legacy funds transferred back.  Meanwhile, others who have been persistently squawking at them to get their money back are somehow being put in a priority list to get their fully legacy funds.  Are they paying people off to shut them up?  Some of these people getting paid back in full have WAY more BTC than I have, yet their audits were fast tracked to completion faster than mine?  Would a company doing legitimate audits sacrifice their audit procedures just satisfy a few?  And for the few who can claim they've been paid back in full, how many more are not being paid?  I'm still only getting 0.0001 BTC back a day.  I wouldn't be surprised if I get my BTC back after this post.  I'm a relatively cheap buy-off.

Those who have been paid back in full have no legitimate evidence that btc-arbs is a scam, yet they themselves would still call it a scam. What evidence do they have when compared to what btc-arbs has plainly said they would do:  1) acquisition, 2) audits, 3) small legacy funds, 4) eventual return of all funds.  As far as what I can tell, btc-arbs has been GOOD on their word.  So, when those people call out "scam", its incredibly easy for the newcomer to ignore those people as paranoid freaks or have some other agenda in mind.  It's a win for btc-arbs and relative cheap for them to do assuming they have plenty of other accounts to hold on to.

Do not forget that this discussion forum is only an incredibly minute fraction of all the accounts they may have.  Not everyone with an account on btc-arbs is active on this forum.  The "downtime" was barely 24hrs.  Not everyone is checking their account every 12 hours.  It would have been easy enough to miss the whole downed site fiasco, log in and see the acquisition notice (ok, no big deal), observe that they are doing what they said that they'd be doing with the legacy funds and small transfers (seem to be good on their word), see that daily interests are being missed, become impatient and deposit more funds in the regular funds to take advantage of the daily interests, only to set oneself up for double or triple the loss when/if the site closes down for good.  I believe THAT is the scenario they could possibly be trying to take advantage of.

I don't understand why people are flipping out over the notion that such a scenario is entirely possible.  Also, I get impression that the common consensus here is "We're not gonna flat out call btc-arbs a scam, but I'll be damn if I leave my money in there".  If it's not a scam, then why not leave your money in there.  Yet, when some tries to explain the possible scam it's met with "shut up, you have another agenda".  I don't get it.
sunny1

Activity: 276

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 06:38:54 PM

I don't think it takes anything more than common sense to see red flags and a facility to analyze a situation to realize the risks.  I've not sent anything to btc-arbs support regarding wanting to get my legacy funds transferred back.  Meanwhile, others who have been persistently squawking at them to get their money back are somehow being put in a priority list to get their fully legacy funds.  Are they paying people off to shut them up?  Some of these people getting paid back in full have WAY more BTC than I have, yet their audits were fast tracked to completion faster than mine?  Would a company doing legitimate audits sacrifice their audit procedures just satisfy a few?  And for the few who can claim they've been paid back in full, how many more are not being paid?  I'm still only getting 0.0001 BTC back a day.  I wouldn't be surprised if I get my BTC back after this post.  I'm a relatively cheap buy-off.

Those who have been paid back in full have no legitimate evidence that btc-arbs is a scam, yet they themselves would still call it a scam. What evidence do they have when compared to what btc-arbs has plainly said they would do:  1) acquisition, 2) audits, 3) small legacy funds, 4) eventual return of all funds.  As far as what I can tell, btc-arbs has been GOOD on their word.  So, when those people call out "scam", its incredibly easy for the newcomer to ignore those people as paranoid freaks or have some other agenda in mind.  It's a win for btc-arbs and relative cheap for them to do assuming they have plenty of other accounts to hold on to.

Do not forget that this discussion forum is only an incredibly minute fraction of all the accounts they may have.  Not everyone with an account on btc-arbs is active on this forum.  The "downtime" was barely 24hrs.  Not everyone is checking their account every 12 hours.  It would have been easy enough to miss the whole downed site fiasco, log in and see the acquisition notice (ok, no big deal), observe that they are doing what they said that they'd be doing with the legacy funds and small transfers (seem to be good on their word), see that daily interests are being missed, become impatient and deposit more funds in the regular funds to take advantage of the daily interests, only to set oneself up for double or triple the loss when/if the site closes down for good.  I believe THAT is the scenario they are trying to take advantage of.

I don't understand why people are flipping out over the notion that such a scenario is entirely possible.  Also, I get impression that the common consensus here is "We're not gonna flat out call btc-arbs a scam, but I'll be damn if I leave my money in there".  If it's not a scam, then why not leave your money in there.  Yet, when some tries to explain the possible scam it's met with "shut up, you have another agenda".  I don't get it.

I agree with you, its absolutely right what you are saying! Wait another moment and a well know HYIP pusher on this forum will comment your post as well  Wink
yonce

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 06:41:32 PM

I don't think it takes anything more than common sense to see red flags and a facility to analyze a situation to realize the risks.  I've not sent anything to btc-arbs support regarding wanting to get my legacy funds transferred back.  Meanwhile, others who have been persistently squawking at them to get their money back are somehow being put in a priority list to get their fully legacy funds.  Are they paying people off to shut them up?  Some of these people getting paid back in full have WAY more BTC than I have, yet their audits were fast tracked to completion faster than mine?  Would a company doing legitimate audits sacrifice their audit procedures just satisfy a few?  And for the few who can claim they've been paid back in full, how many more are not being paid?  I'm still only getting 0.0001 BTC back a day.  I wouldn't be surprised if I get my BTC back after this post.  I'm a relatively cheap buy-off.

Those who have been paid back in full have no legitimate evidence that btc-arbs is a scam, yet they themselves would still call it a scam. What evidence do they have when compared to what btc-arbs has plainly said they would do:  1) acquisition, 2) audits, 3) small legacy funds, 4) eventual return of all funds.  As far as what I can tell, btc-arbs has been GOOD on their word.  So, when those people call out "scam", its incredibly easy for the newcomer to ignore those people as paranoid freaks or have some other agenda in mind.  It's a win for btc-arbs and relative cheap for them to do assuming they have plenty of other accounts to hold on to.

Do not forget that this discussion forum is only an incredibly minute fraction of all the accounts they may have.  Not everyone with an account on btc-arbs is active on this forum.  The "downtime" was barely 24hrs.  Not everyone is checking their account every 12 hours.  It would have been easy enough to miss the whole downed site fiasco, log in and see the acquisition notice (ok, no big deal), observe that they are doing what they said that they'd be doing with the legacy funds and small transfers (seem to be good on their word), see that daily interests are being missed, become impatient and deposit more funds in the regular funds to take advantage of the daily interests, only to set oneself up for double or triple the loss when/if the site closes down for good.  I believe THAT is the scenario they could possibly be trying to take advantage of.

I don't understand why people are flipping out over the notion that such a scenario is entirely possible.  Also, I get impression that the common consensus here is "We're not gonna flat out call btc-arbs a scam, but I'll be damn if I leave my money in there".  If it's not a scam, then why not leave your money in there.  Yet, when some tries to explain the possible scam it's met with "shut up, you have another agenda".  I don't get it.

Thank you for posting! Royalty7 was famous for their buy offs of forum members.
For those posting btc-arbs is a scam you can include your member ID in this forum. Might get lucky and get your money back for silence.

sunny1

Activity: 276

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 07:14:32 PM

Thank you for posting! Royalty7 was famous for their buy offs of forum members.
For those posting btc-arbs is a scam you can include your member ID in this forum. Might get lucky and get your money back for silence.

lol, unbelievable this guy. He is making this fine forum a HYIP forum  Roll Eyes
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 180 »
  Print  

Jump to: