June 23, 2024, 10:11:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: ZEITCOIN
https://zeit-coin.net
https://zeit-knights.slack.com
https://t.me/zeit_coin

Pages: « 1 ... 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 [541] 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 ... 861 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS]  (Read 1009219 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
atronite

Activity: 319
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 12:56:30 AM

And how would we transform Zeit into a tool that would actually achieve these things? Would it not be easier to use bitcoin or even fiat currency to do these things?

Right now, no one accepts Zeitcoins so how do you want to change that situation?

Bitcoin fails to meet requirements necessary to carry out what Zeitcoins is able to do.
Generating Bitcoins is already controlled by industry and is already unprofitable to mine for many, which will get worst in 2016 at its next halving, plus it has a limited number 21 million, not enough for a global world wide adoption even in the satochis.

Zeitcoins gains interest by each zeitcoin wallet helping to secure the network and is managed by the millions of people already using it. It's interest rate & sheer number of coins are some of the key factors that will make it possible to become a worldwide tool in virtual & physical realms. Plus it speed far exceeds bitcoins.

It current price point and the fact it was battered for so long and still survived make it the perfert coin to do this with, plus the fact that most of the people behind this coin have been looking for a way to make this world a better place long before there was a bitcoin.

So then how are we different from other proof-of-stake coins? Darkcoin actually has a USD exchange rate, and blackcoin is POS just like us (but only 1% interest, so less inflationary than Zeits). Zeitcoin itself has to be substantially more innovative and offer something more unique than it currently does. Heck, it doesn't even have to be unique itself, it can simply take all the best (useful) features of other coins and integrate them. And then evolve as new innovations to crypto currency take root. So if Darkcoin makes improvements to its privacy mechanism, then we would update along with them. 

Could it done with a fiat currency , sure, but they won't , the corporate system that controls our governments will never allow such a thing to occur. The Corporate System is all profit motive , they care nothing for the individual except that they buy their products. Even to the point of blocking knowledge of free or natural items that far exceed anything they produce. For instance all current medical schools in the US are funded directly by Pharmaceutical companies , and they control what info is presented to new doctors, who by the time they graduate owe huge sums of money.
When they start their practice a drug rep stops by every once and a while takes them out to dinner and tells them how much more money they can make giving this new drug instead of the old one (Yep , that right they get paid to prescribe a specific drug to all of their patients.) Think about that the next time your Doc says , lets  try this new drug for your condition. That why Docs always want to change your medicine every few months if you are in the US, they get a higher kickback from the drug companies.
I worked around Hospitals and saw this all of the time, the worst part is 90% of the new drugs have additional side effects and the patients are usually made sicker not better.
Another reason it has to be zeitcoin, we are currently outside of the corporate system and outside of their control , all of which are essential to make this happen.

You don't say. Do you have any resources I can read to further educate myself about this? This is good to know.

When the Knights achieve some of the goals in the zeitknight post, we will start exchanging zeit for gift cards and move on to other items, then commission an android wallet, then work out a system with vendors to accept zeitcoins , probably try to partner with an existing company like bitpay, or coinbase and move on from there. We also are going to get a role play game that uses zeitcoin in the game and crosses from the virtual to physical world and back.

Yea, a game where you can buy in-game currency with Zeit and be able to exchange that in-game currency back INTO Zeit. If you pair this with the ability to also buy in-game currency for US dollars and ensure that all in-game currency is backed up by zeitcoin, this would be great. And if you put a link to the crypsy exchange to show users where you can buy Zeits for cheaper than the established USD rate......

Maybe we will try to partner with an already established Online Role Play Game, like second life (will look into that more next year)

Or like this. Smiley

https://www.universeprojects.com/new/index.jsp

But step 1 , we form the round table with ZeitKnights.

Yes, and another goal: slowly accumulate zeitcoins and remove from the market. The bigger our collective market share of zeitcoin, the less "shorting power" other bad actors ultimately have.

Other things to add to the bucket list of goals:

Adopt a privacy algorithm like Darkcoin to implement into Zeitcoin so that they are more anonymous and harder to trace.
BainbridgeJ

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 01:43:50 AM

A short while ago I bought 36 Million Zeitcoins - just because I felt like it!  Wink

Regarding the use of privacy algorithms, take a look at this:

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/oct/28/tor-users-advised-check-computers-malware
stevegreer
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Official Zeitcoin community ambassador

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 02:13:51 AM

A short while ago I bought 36 Million Zeitcoins - just because I felt like it!  Wink

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/oct/28/tor-users-advised-check-computers-malware

Interesting read! That malware has "NSA" written all over it. Big Brother doesn't like having their ability to snoop on us messed with.

BainbridgeJ

Activity: 163

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 02:32:25 AM
Last edit: October 29, 2014, 02:56:58 AM by BainbridgeJ

Interesting read! That malware has "NSA" written all over it. Big Brother doesn't like having their ability to snoop on us messed with.

If I were the security services, I'd certainly target crytpto-currencies proclaiming to facilitate 'untraceable' transactions. There must be many 'privacy' algorithms out there that are scripted by the NSA ready-and-waiting for use by people with something to hide. Also, criminal gangs are now reported to be increasingly focusing their attention on the altcoins with sophisticated malware.

I personally like traceability. It comes in handy if someone tries to steal your coins. A deterrent. That could be a selling point!
stevegreer
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Official Zeitcoin community ambassador

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 03:08:46 AM

If I were the security services, I'd certainly target crytpto-currencies proclaiming to facilitate 'untraceable' transactions. There must be many 'privacy' algorithms out there that are scripted by the NSA ready-and-waiting for use by people with something to hide. Also, criminal gangs are now reported to be increasingly focusing their attention on the altcoins with sophisticated malware.

I personally like traceability. It comes in handy if someone tries to steal your coins. A deterrent. That could be a selling point!

I agree with you. And this is where having our principles laid out and adhered to will come in handy. Afterall, if you have nothing to hide, then there is no reason to hide. Traceability does have it's advantages, just like you said. I personally would not want to just roll over and take the raping if someone was able to hack me and steal my entire investment. I would certainly appreciate the ability to trace the transaction and get my shit back.

toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 03:15:48 AM

when  bitcoins slow down this is one my main alt coins i mine .  Smiley ... and a few others i don't  see them as junk coins i see it different. I see them as nice back up  when some of the bitcoins pools i use slow down. To help fill in the time i might lose other wise . money and time is just that money and time why should it matter what honest way you use it .   

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
dollux

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 03:24:38 AM

I have a question, 273mil v's 53.000, the stated purpose of POS is to secure the network, does a computer with a wallet containing 273mil coins secure the network any more or any better than one with a wallet containing 53,000?

Dose that large amount of coins make the network any more secure?

Does it cost more to run a computer with 273mil coins on it? 

Thanks
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 04:26:03 AM
Last edit: October 29, 2014, 05:22:02 AM by kiklo

So then how are we different from other proof-of-stake coins? Darkcoin actually has a USD exchange rate, and blackcoin is POS just like us (but only 1% interest, so less inflationary than Zeits). Zeitcoin itself has to be substantially more innovative and offer something more unique than it currently does. Heck, it doesn't even have to be unique itself, it can simply take all the best (useful) features of other coins and integrate them. And then evolve as new innovations to crypto currency take root. So if Darkcoin makes improvements to its privacy mechanism, then we would update along with them.  
The other proof of stake coins either don't have enough coins or their interest rate is so low , it will not provide enough interest for what will be needed. Their are only 2 coins that can pull this off.
One is Zeitcoin , the other is Mintcoin, Due to certain factors like current prices and Zeit having a 5% higher rate of return for the next few years, plus the network connections on Zeit are sometimes in the 20 & 30s which shows a larger user base, Have never seen Mint over 12. Also Mintcoin main focus is only trying to be a valuable currency, the Zeitcoin Goals are much more ambitious and in line with it's community of changing the world for the better.
Mint is mainly looking to make a profit and will be content to be in the top 10 coins.
Zeit is trying to reach out & pull down a Star to Save this world from Future Darkness.
#1 coin is the only way to make this happen.
In Time it will be , because it strives to be, and the people of the world need it to be.

You don't say. Do you have any resources I can read to further educate myself about this? This is good to know.
Google Search
Doctors received kickbacks for prescribing drugs
Corporate control of governments thru lobbying

Thanks for the above info, we will have the Knights look over this one in 2015.
If they could include a working zeit wallet for each player in the game, it would be a great start.

Other things to add to the bucket list of goals:
Adopt a privacy algorithm like Darkcoin to implement into Zeitcoin so that they are more anonymous and harder to trace.
The stealth addresses bring up some possible future legal issues, that would be more trouble than its worth. Plus how can you have an accurate block explorer if you are hiding sending or receiving addresses, is beyond me. Seems to me if you want true stealth , just trade the devices that the coin wallet resides on instead of the coins themselves.

Cool
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 05:07:18 AM
Last edit: October 29, 2014, 05:39:34 AM by kiklo

I have a question, 273mil v's 53.000, the stated purpose of POS is to secure the network, does a computer with a wallet containing 273mil coins secure the network any more or any better than one with a wallet containing 53,000?

Thanks

I will take a stab at this although others may have a different opinion.
It Depends on how many blocks they are divided into.

If one user has 273 million coins split into only 7 blocks of 39 million each
and another user has 53,000 split up into 100 blocks of 530 each.

I would say the user with 100 blocks of 530 coins,  PC was working more to secure the network due to the fact it is trying to add 100 new POS blocks every 20 days verses only 7 new POS blocks every 20 days.
This would also explain why users who have over 900 blocks CPU usage is so much higher that if they only had a 100, it is working harder to secure the network due to the extra # of blocks.
Now the Higher the Amount in the block the faster it normally stakes, but once it stakes , it is done until the next cycle, so my bet would be on number of blocks over amount for the more effective securing of the network. But would keep it below 200 to avoid high cpu usage.

Cool

FYI:
It would use more electricity if you had more blocks running, but it is doubtful you would notice any difference in the electric bill over it. But if you have a APC UPS connect the usb cable to your PC, and install their powerchute software it lets you monitor how much electricity your PC draws .
You can check how many watts it draws when Zeitcoin is running ,then close Zeitcoin and compare wattage. Your model power supply and hard drives probably make a bigger difference to your electricity usage than the software running.
But if you just want to go OCD on PC Power Consumption check out the below.
http://www.techradar.com/us/news/computing/pc/the-ultimate-guide-to-reducing-your-pc-s-power-consumption-661978
And if you go OCD on LightBulbs
http://www.designrecycleinc.com/led%20comp%20chart.html

Obsessive compulsive disorder = OCD
dollux

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 07:28:05 PM

Thanks

I will take a stab at this although others may have a different opinion.
It Depends on how many blocks they are divided into.

If one user has 273 million coins split into only 7 blocks of 39 million each
and another user has 53,000 split up into 100 blocks of 530 each.

I would say the user with 100 blocks of 530 coins,  PC was working more to secure the network due to the fact it is trying to add 100 new POS blocks every 20 days verses only 7 new POS blocks every 20 days.
This would also explain why users who have over 900 blocks CPU usage is so much higher that if they only had a 100, it is working harder to secure the network due to the extra # of blocks.
Now the Higher the Amount in the block the faster it normally stakes, but once it stakes , it is done until the next cycle, so my bet would be on number of blocks over amount for the more effective securing of the network. But would keep it below 200 to avoid high cpu usage.

Cool

FYI:
It would use more electricity if you had more blocks running, but it is doubtful you would notice any difference in the electric bill over it. But if you have a APC UPS connect the usb cable to your PC, and install their powerchute software it lets you monitor how much electricity your PC draws .
You can check how many watts it draws when Zeitcoin is running ,then close Zeitcoin and compare wattage. Your model power supply and hard drives probably make a bigger difference to your electricity usage than the software running.
But if you just want to go OCD on PC Power Consumption check out the below.
http://www.techradar.com/us/news/computing/pc/the-ultimate-guide-to-reducing-your-pc-s-power-consumption-661978
And if you go OCD on LightBulbs
http://www.designrecycleinc.com/led%20comp%20chart.html

Obsessive compulsive disorder = OCD

Thank you for answering this question it has been helpful.

First it explains what I thought, that is really the amount of coins a person has does not make a great deal of difference as far as securing the network is concerned or take up a great amount of electricity.

Second, because of what you have said, I have sorted out my wallets combining thousands of coins into new blocks and it's helping my computer work a lot better, thanks again for that.

laitec

Activity: 121

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 10:39:29 AM

Open your eyes, and you will have Zeit!

BitNet(VPNCOIN)第二论赠币:Vvqo32yAiARGVym2Kb5DvSqP32S9i9Xtrn
Rent_a_Ray
Legendary

Activity: 1341
Merit: 1046

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 10:52:26 AM

Let's build this Z-CORE together.

---------------------------------------------
* Helping the Helpless
* A Voice for the Voiceless
* Protection for the Defenceless
* Comforting the Disturbed & Disturbing the Comfortable
* (PLACEHOLDER)
* (PLACEHOLDER)
* (PLACEHOLDER)
* (PLACEHOLDER)
* (PLACEHOLDER)
* (PLACEHOLDER)
otila

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 12:28:14 PM

Latest version v2.0.1.3 fails to start, "Error loading blkindex.dat".  Same with your latest blockchain zip.
x86_64 Linux.

And no nodes found on startup.
dollux

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 02:13:39 PM

We will have peace when the love of power is over come by the power of love.
Rent_a_Ray
Legendary

Activity: 1341
Merit: 1046

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 02:25:35 PM

Latest version v2.0.1.3 fails to start, "Error loading blkindex.dat".  Same with your latest blockchain zip.
x86_64 Linux.

Source is not marked as release.
2.0.1.3 Chain is not compatible with the old one.
If you need the new chain, you can PM me.

Cheers,
Ray

kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 02:29:25 PM

To get you started download the following and copy it over your peers file.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/x0vkd42840abcfi/Zeitcoin-Peers.zip?dl=0

Cool
otila

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 05:41:37 PM

To get you started download the following and copy it over your peers file.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/x0vkd42840abcfi/Zeitcoin-Peers.zip?dl=0

Thanks, there were some working nodes in your list..

Code:
addnode=108.48.45.14
addnode=109.88.216.46
addnode=144.76.79.18
addnode=5.39.90.17
addnode=72.208.23.155
addnode=81.224.140.225
ZEITCOIN (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 510

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 05:55:09 PM

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
ⓏⒺⒾⓉⒸⓄⒾⓃ
     Jᴏɪɴ Oᴜʀ Mᴏᴠᴇᴍᴇɴᴛ ᕗ       www.ZEIT-COIN.ɴᴇᴛ      ᕙ Bᴇ Pᴀʀᴛ Oғ Sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ Sᴘᴇᴄɪᴀʟ     ⓏⒺⒾⓉⒸⓄⒾⓃ
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
atronite

Activity: 319

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 09:19:34 PM

Only 32 votes?

fxtronic

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 11:13:27 PM

Let's build this Z-CORE together.

http://www.image-load.net/users/public/images/ZkKeXfMhAD.png
* Helping the Helpless
* A Voice for the Voiceless
* Protection for the Defenceless
* Comforting the Disturbed & Disturbing the Comfortable
* (PLACEHOLDER)
* (PLACEHOLDER)
* (PLACEHOLDER)
* (PLACEHOLDER)
* (PLACEHOLDER)
* (PLACEHOLDER)

for a "Resource Bank for Humanity"

here an example of what i meand http://www.bancodebosques.org/?lang=en Cheesy
Pages: « 1 ... 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 [541] 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 ... 861 »
  Print  

Jump to: