May 28, 2024, 08:42:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: ZEITCOIN
https://zeit-coin.net
https://zeit-knights.slack.com
https://t.me/zeit_coin

Pages: « 1 ... 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 [542] 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 ... 861 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS]  (Read 1009210 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 11:58:43 PM

Only 32 votes?

LOL ,

No Worries,
All WildFires start with a Spark.   Cheesy

Cool

P.S.
It always funny the younger generation expects everything to already be setup and running before they start.
We are Building the Knights from the ground up, and then the Knights will make Zeitcoin into what we all need it to be.  It will take Time and it will last.

Rent_a_Ray
Legendary

Activity: 1335
Merit: 1039

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 01:12:06 AM
Last edit: October 31, 2014, 01:33:23 AM by Rent_a_Ray

Limited Stamp Collection: Deutsche Post

dollux

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 01:28:35 AM

Only 32 votes?

LOL ,

No Worries,
All WildFires start with a Spark.   Cheesy

Cool

P.S.
It always funny the younger generation expects everything to already be setup and running before they start.
We are Building the Knights from the ground up, and then the Knights will make Zeitcoin into what we all need it to be.  It will take Time and it will last.

32 votes is better than none and I see many votes with less, even when the subject has a large following, so yes no worries.

All great adventures do but start with a single step.

My own opinion is ZiteKnights is a really awful name, especially since real knights where just the henchmen of the crown, bullies and thugs protecting the right of rule over weaker beings.

Sorry this is not meant to be a personal attack just my personal opinion. 

I don't think it's funny that the  younger generation expects everything to already be setup and running before they start or even just the younger generation.
I think Western culture is actually programing people to be that way, question nothing, consume everything and move on to consume more.
Dumb the fookers down so they can be ruled more easily.
Same outcome different rulers.

BRAIN DEAD FAME HOUNDS
CLOGGING UP MY TELEVISION
INBRED AND INCESTUOUS
AND THATS JUST THE POLITICIANS
SO DONT GET UP
IM JUST PASSING THROUGH
JUST WASTING TIME
HERE ON THE PLANET DOOM

BANK SLAVES WAR WHORES
ALL THE MONEY'S GONE
A QUICK AND EASY ANSWER IS
TO BUILT ANOTHER BOMB
SO DONT GET UP
IM JUST PASSING THROUGH
JUST WASTING TIME
HERE ON THE PLANET DOOM

WAR MONGER FEAR LEADERS
FILLING ME WITH TERROR
MORE NINJA SMOKE BOMBS
TO COVER UP THE ERROR
SO DONT GET UP
IM JUST PASSING THROUGH
JUST WASTING TIME
HERE ON THE PLANET DOOM

The MasterBakers 2014
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 02:35:41 AM

My own opinion is ZiteKnights is a really awful name, especially since real knights where just the henchmen of the crown, bullies and thugs protecting the right of rule over weaker beings.

LOL ,
Glad you did not have anything mean to say.
Our Knights name are based on the ones from the Round Table, not the ones just serving their rulers.

If we saw it the way you did , we would have chosen a different name.
But it can be voted on later, if a lot of the members don't like it.

Plus any name follow thru history changes based on recent history.
A Geek was originally a Man of Great Strength, then later a circus act of a guy biting the head off of a live chicken , then someone odd or different from the normal, then later Geek became someone who had technical skills.

My strongest memory is of the circus guy which is why I never refer to myself as a geek and dislike the term, but others actually like the term, and I don't complain when they call themselves by it because I know they view the term with a different meaning.

The ZeitKnights will redefine the name Knights for their generation, not the other way around.

Cool
dollux

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 05:25:05 AM

LOL ,
Glad you did not have anything mean to say.
Our Knights name are based on the ones from the Round Table, not the ones just serving their rulers.

If we saw it the way you did , we would have chosen a different name.
But it can be voted on later, if a lot of the members don't like it.

Plus any name follow thru history changes based on recent history.
A Geek was originally a Man of Great Strength, then later a circus act of a guy biting the head off of a live chicken , then someone odd or different from the normal, then later Geek became someone who had technical skills.

My strongest memory is of the circus guy which is why I never refer to myself as a geek and dislike the term, but others actually like the term, and I don't complain when they call themselves by it because I know they view the term with a different meaning.

The ZeitKnights will redefine the name Knights for their generation, not the other way around.

Cool

No I am not trying to be mean just honest.

Yes I do understand that language is a living thing that grows and changes over time, I am also familiar with Knights of the round table, legends distorted to suit others privilege, in fact I live in the area where those legends actually come from but also contested by some. I also realized that was what was the true intention, knights of the round table, I was once a member of the knights of the occasional table, ha, which was very apt because we only met on occasion.

Zeit as far as I can tell but not being German, means time, which is very fitting in relation to digital currency because it is of our time, so you could go for time lords and use another fantacy because that is what legends are, stories with only the slightest of evidence if any at all. Zeit cron as in software utility, cron job which is as far as I can tell is a computer term for a repeated timed task/command on a server, which is not from any fantasy with no connection to negative governance but still a rule but not a ruler, I think.

I really like the word cron it fires my imagination and is quite fitting in it's true meaning a timed job facilitator.   

Anyway I own a few zeit coins and I am interested in them gaining more value and if the western culture is programing people to expect everything done for them, easy, then the way forward is to make it so, I see no point in trying to change anything but adopt what is already presently working.

So I think zeitcoin's priority should be SuperNet, creating a wallet that can access the tech that it will bring to the coin community, gaining access to anon tech as well as a plethora of technologies for many tasks, all intended for the purpose of doing what I am suggesting, making it easy.

A coin of plenty can more easily reach plenty and it's all just a numbers game anyway really, Zeitcoin has a lot of positive advantages over other coins, especially POW coins in the long run.

Virtually no overheads, very little power consumption, abundance, interest, accessibility, low value and people willing to work it, plus nobody is going to expect a coin like Zeit to be anywhere near SuperNet but then again who am I, what do I know, I can only just get my Nxt wallet working.

Just perhaps food for thought.

If you lot really want to do good in the world then playing around with virtual money is not the way to go because beneath all the BS it is a big part of the reason why the world has so many problems, money is the root of all evil don't ever doubt that.

People will do anything imaginable for it and fact is stranger than fiction. 
Rent_a_Ray
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 07:53:54 AM
Last edit: October 31, 2014, 08:06:42 AM by Rent_a_Ray

So I think zeitcoin's priority should be SuperNet, creating a wallet that can access the tech that it will bring to the coin community, gaining access to anon tech as well as a plethora of technologies for many tasks, all intended for the purpose of doing what I am suggesting, making it easy.

I'm not sure if SuperNET or Blocknet is the right place for ZEIT.
Maybe it is, but at the moment I'm looking skeptical to it.
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 10:50:05 AM
Last edit: October 31, 2014, 02:03:45 PM by kiklo

I'm not sure if SuperNET or Blocknet is the right place for ZEIT.
Maybe it is, but at the moment I'm looking skeptical to it.

Agreed,
Currently zeitcoin can run independently , by going with supernet we become dependent on them, and their problems immediately become our problems. We are one of the few coins that have not crashed for weeks at a time , and required a hard fork every few months to get us going again.
If we were willing to give up our independence for ease, then we would have accepted Diamond coin offer to run on their network a few months ago.
We are going to drive our own destiny not just be a passenger on the supernet bus.

Cool

FYI:
Supernet is unifying the nodes of every coins into one core that joins them.
These other coins need that to survive due either to their low amount of coins or their lack of active network connections to secure their networks.
Zeitcoin Strengths are it large amount of coins & it massive network connections , so joining the supernet would only add a point of failure to our network nothing useful. We have no use for Anon.
Anon is just a way of cowering from the current system, what we do will be in Full View.

If you lot really want to do good in the world then playing around with virtual money is not the way to go because beneath all the BS it is a big part of the reason why the world has so many problems, money is the root of all evil don't ever doubt that.
Old saying, but untrue Money is no more evil than a Hammer is evil, both are tools that reflect the intent of the owner. Money used to buy food to keep a child from starving is not evil.
I would agree Greed is one of the roots of evil and causes money to be used for evil purposes.
That is why the ZeitKnights will freely give away some of their interest every month so it can be used for good by the people that need it.

IMO the roots of evil are the following.
    luxuria (lechery/lust)
    gula (gluttony)
    avaritia (avarice/greed)
    acedia (sloth/discouragement)
    ira (wrath)
    invidia (envy)
    superbia (pride)
groggin
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 03:38:59 PM

IMO the roots of evil are the following.
    luxuria (lechery/lust)
    gula (gluttony)
    avaritia (avarice/greed)
    acedia (sloth/discouragement)
    ira (wrath)
    invidia (envy)
    superbia (pride)

+1, this: deprivation.
 +1 all else you said too

loose the sword that is your pen or tongue [or bittorrent enabled computer] and help fight the so-called new world order   it is the enemy of humanity[/b][/url]  |  Sign-up @ Aurovine to get FREE HD music ... and coins!| |
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 03:44:34 PM

In the Cool Zeit News
The Guy running the block explorer added sync info , so we will know when the new features are active.

Currency:    ZEIT [Zeitcoin]
Wallet:    v2.0.1.2
Current block:    807946
Synchronization:    12.20 %
Block date:    2014-10-31 15:39:04
Block age:    107 sec.
Difficulty:    0.00288034
Network H/s:    unknown
Connections:    51

Cool
tx42

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 09:18:30 PM

It looks like the zeit client has some minor stability issues that should be resolved.

My client just got stuck and I had to restart it to get back on the longest chain. That really shouldn't happen with a stable coin and needs to be fixed. In reality, it looks like I was on a fork, which means there are clients in the wild that are serving bad chains.

It may seem like a minor inconvenience, but if zeit is to have a log life, then these types of issues should not persist.

█    █     ██    ███     ███    ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ███     ███    ██     █    █
..EARN FREE BREAKOUT COINS SIG CAMPAIGN LIVE !!
█    █     ██    ███     ███    ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ███     ███    ██     █    █
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 10:01:48 PM

It looks like the zeit client has some minor stability issues that should be resolved.

My client just got stuck and I had to restart it to get back on the longest chain. That really shouldn't happen with a stable coin and needs to be fixed. In reality, it looks like I was on a fork, which means there are clients in the wild that are serving bad chains.

It may seem like a minor inconvenience, but if zeit is to have a log life, then these types of issues should not persist.

Some Zeit Users never updated their original wallets.
Rent_a_Ray is working on a new wallet with updated checkpoints, that may resolve it.
If not we can look at it in 2015. In the short term leaving your wallet on 24x7 and it has no issues.

Cool
BainbridgeJ

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 12:14:14 AM

Some Zeit Users never updated their original wallets.
Rent_a_Ray is working on a new wallet with updated checkpoints, that may resolve it.
If not we can look at it in 2015. In the short term leaving your wallet on 24x7 and it has no issues.

Cool

I've just synced up two of my Zeitcoin wallets. Absolutely no problems. I'm using Version 2.0.1, the version that Ray and Fa San worked on and released a few months ago. Lots of factors can affect a wallet syncing. Resource hungry programs running on in the background, ISPs resetting the connection etc. Sometimes people can be too quick to blame the wallet.
Varvarin
Legendary

Activity: 1130

No good deed goes unpunished

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2014, 10:19:01 AM

Hey Hey folks ..

Ray and everyone who makes wallets really ought to check out new DRK wallet. Haven't used it in about 4 weeks, now mining it again and it synced in seconds .. like it's pre-synced .. never seen anything like this.

Coinmarket Cat prowls once again.
https://twitter.com/VarvarinEMC2
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 12:00:20 PM

Hey Hey folks ..

Ray and everyone who makes wallets really ought to check out new DRK wallet. Haven't used it in about 4 weeks, now mining it again and it synced in seconds .. like it's pre-synced .. never seen anything like this.

I hope you are not talking about their latest version.
This is from their web site.

Remember: this is only a alpha preview. Do not expect stable software yet. Right now it is only available for Chrome/Chromium browsers.

IMPORTANT The wallet is Not Stable or Safe, and at this point you should use it with real money only at Your Own Risk.

Cool

FYI:
The Price for that speed may be lost coins or an inaccurate ledger.
Varvarin
Legendary

Activity: 1130

No good deed goes unpunished

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2014, 03:03:41 PM

Not using the Alpha, using the stable release from their website 0.10...

Just makes me wonder how they pulled it off and how long till that filters down.

Coinmarket Cat prowls once again.
https://twitter.com/VarvarinEMC2
Rent_a_Ray
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 04:38:17 PM

Every Speedup is a loss of security.  Cheesy
SBOSS

Activity: 124
Merit: 10

Start your Own Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 05:25:00 PM

How much to get onto the Zeit coin council or is that offer over already?

[ COINSCLONE  ✔  No programming skills needed    ✔  Liquidity ready   ✔  Earn via Commission
█████████████  CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE SOFTWARE   |    (❪  FREE TRIAL  ❫)
Launch  a  website  like  Binance  or  Coinbase      █     ⚫    telegram    ⚫    whatsapp
Mitras

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 06:48:59 PM

100 million and the counsel starts 2015
LionOfNarnia

Activity: 938

Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 08:27:28 PM

Any use for us?

https://github.com/Swarmops/Swarmops

Swarmops is a necessary tool to enable any bitcoin-native or decentralized gamechanger.

Swarmops is an admin system for swarm-type organizations. It's a bureaucracy system for people who thoroughly dislike bureaucracy, so it removes all visibility of it and focuses on the ops aspects. It manages decentralized authority, volunteers, members, activists, budgets, mass communications, expenses, payroll, invoices, and complete financials/bookkeeping.

The goals of Swarmops are three:

Become the #1 software for organizing swarm activism to effectively change policy,
Become the #1 software to manage native-bitcoin startups' cashflow and accounting,
Become the #1 software to run civil liberties resistances in repressive regimes.
Goal #1, organizing swarm activism: the Swedish Pirate Party used a predecessor to Swarmops in its effort to put two representatives in the European Parliament, and could literally not have succeeded without the ability to decentralize authority that Swarmops provided, pushing all the crucial decision-making out to the edges of the organization where the most information was available. It's an administration tool for people who hate paperwork, so it's built to optimize the time available to activism.

Goal #2, the primary back-end software for bitcoin-native unbanked startups: Swarmops does bookkeeping and accounting on fully automatic. Today, there are no services or packages for bitcoin-native and unbanked organizations – for startups which are unbanked by choice. Swarmops seeks to fill that role and provide automatic accounting and cashflow management for such organizations, maintaining hot and cold wallets along with automated invoice and payroll processing. (Imagine invoices being paid on fully automatic, and not needing a €100,000 software package and a fifteen-page bank contract to do so.) There is a huge void to fill here, and Swarmops fills this role in addition to all other back-end management.

Goal #3, functional software to assist civil liberties resistances in repressive regimes: With the swarm functions and the bitcoin-native cash flow in place, a “hidden branch” of organizations can be enabled, where nobody knows the identities of other people in the organization's “hidden branch” swarm except those closest to that individual, but where everybody is still working toward a common goal. Recruiting would take place face-to-face using mobile phones and BitID, and code names would be used for all other purposes. In this way, Swarmops enables large-scale change while able to protect the individuals involved in making that change come about. Lack of information even at the central level provides deniability against rubberhose attacks.

Member of the UK Digital Currency Association * Bitrated user: LionOfNarnia. * Member of the ZeitKnights * Member of the Bytecent Community Team

"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 08:29:22 PM

Not using the Alpha, using the stable release from their website 0.10...

Just makes me wonder how they pulled it off and how long till that filters down.

Darkwallet is not a normal wallet.
Normal Wallets sync with their complete blockchain.

We don't initially download headers or otherwise check the history from obelisk at this point. We blindly trust it.

This means initialization is very quick, we don't even really save previous history but at the moment just recreate it every time by downloading it again (of course this will change for the release).

It also makes a central point of failure , take out that obelisk server and you can crash their entire dark wallet network.
You will not see this in any other wallets since this type does not help generate a blockchain or help secure the coins network only hide transactions.
But to be honest if that obelisk server is ever compromised your transactions will be public viewing.

Cool
Pages: « 1 ... 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 [542] 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 ... 861 »
  Print  

Jump to: