May 03, 2024, 05:08:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: ZEITCOIN
https://zeit-coin.net
https://zeit-knights.slack.com
https://t.me/zeit_coin

Pages: « 1 ... 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 [565] 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 ... 861 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS]  (Read 1009205 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 09:52:27 AM

Maybe not a secret but it's the first I've heard about it.

Dunno what help you need but I stand ready.

Perhaps someone can write an explanation of exactly what the problem is? Those brief words on github mean nothing to me Sad

The more we know, the better we can counter FUD

Everyone's Coins are safe , it just freezes the network where nothing can be sent or received after
block #1051200 , there will be a new zeit wallet to keep this from happening.
Mintcoin is currently down so they are also researching the issue.
We got ~17 days to find the solution.
It will be a few days before we can nail down more details for the Upgrade Timeline.

Cool

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bluemustang

Activity: 147
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 11:23:37 AM

Lion, I have been mining Bytecent for over a day now and haven't gotten a single block. What's the average time for a block to be found? Even with the price of BYC being around $0.31 each, and even with CPU mining, I feel like I am wasting electricity right now. Should I keep on mining, or just give it up?

What are you mining with? (Check 'primes/second' under the mining tab)

My i7 (1760 p/s) is averaging about 4/day but my i5 lappy (570 p/s) hasn't scored in 3 days.

Don't quit - BYC is aiming WAY beyond the current cryptosphere and could be worth enough that 1 coin a week will be WELL worth mining for in the not-to-distant. As with Zeitcoin, look to the long term Grin

It's being suppressed right now by those who are afraid of it,(We all know how that feels!) but with only just over 1/4 million coins in circulation it won't be long before they are all in the hands of people who aren't dickheads. I have 2,300 so I'm actually a bigger bagholder there than here, thanks to having enough ICO coins to mine 24/7 with 3 CPUs in the early days when difficulty was low.

I just downloaded myself the bytecent wallet and started mining.  I have a 4790k at 4.6ghz and im only getting around 2200 p/s.  According to the bytecent site i should be getting more like 2500-2600 (there's a spot where people posted their results and someone with a 4770k at just 4.2ghz got over 2400 p/s).

Any ideas?  Oh well.  At this rate i can almost double my 11.7m zeit holding in 30 days (if my 10 sec calcs were right that is) Smiley

PS: How are you getting 4byc/day?  At my 2200 p/s (2100ish while surfing the web) it tells me i got 77 chains per day, putting that into http://byc.axel-b.fr/calculator tells me id get on average only 3.1byc/day and your p/s is a good chunk below mine.

Thanks.
stevegreer
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Official Zeitcoin community ambassador

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 12:30:06 PM

Ok, I'm confused. What does Mintcoin's issues have to do with us? Is it a problem unique to POS coins?

Rent_a_Ray
Legendary

Activity: 1315
Merit: 1036

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 01:40:32 PM

Ok, I'm confused. What does Mintcoin's issues have to do with us? Is it a problem unique to POS coins?

Zeitcoin is a Mintcoin fork. I don't think that every POS coin is affected by this issue.
This block above mark our transition to the second year with 20% interest. It's earlier than expected (2 month) and the chain will die after shifting to Level 2 ;-)
I wonder if we should shift it into February!?!

Cheers,
Ray
LionOfNarnia

Activity: 938

Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 01:55:42 PM
Last edit: December 17, 2014, 02:42:24 PM by LionOfNarnia

Lion, I have been mining Bytecent for over a day now and haven't gotten a single block. What's the average time for a block to be found? Even with the price of BYC being around $0.31 each, and even with CPU mining, I feel like I am wasting electricity right now. Should I keep on mining, or just give it up?

My i7 (1760 p/s) is averaging about 4/day but my i5 lappy (570 p/s) hasn't scored in 3 days.

Don't quit - BYC is aiming WAY beyond the current cryptosphere and could be worth enough that 1 coin a week will be WELL worth mining for in the not-to-distant. As with Zeitcoin, look to the long term Grin

It's being suppressed right now by those who are afraid of it,(We all know how that feels!) but with only just over 1/4 million coins in circulation it won't be long before they are all in the hands of people who aren't dickheads. I have 2,300 so I'm actually a bigger bagholder there than here, thanks to having enough ICO coins to mine 24/7 with 3 CPUs in the early days when difficulty was low.

I just downloaded myself the bytecent wallet and started mining.  I have a 4790k at 4.6ghz and im only getting around 2200 p/s.  According to the bytecent site i should be getting more like 2500-2600 (there's a spot where people posted their results and someone with a 4770k at just 4.2ghz got over 2400 p/s).

Any ideas?  Oh well.  At this rate i can almost double my 11.7m zeit holding in 30 days (if my 10 sec calcs were right that is) Smiley

PS: How are you getting 4byc/day?  At my 2200 p/s (2100ish while surfing the web) it tells me i got 77 chains per day, putting that into http://byc.axel-b.fr/calculator tells me id get on average only 3.1byc/day and your p/s is a good chunk below mine.

Thanks.

The numbers on that thread are mostly from the early days, when the difficulty was lower - it does say there that they should only be used 'comparatively'. (Comparing various CPUs against each other)

Your actual rate also depends on what else you're using the PC for. Mine can vary from 1600 - 1850 these days depending on what else I'm doing.

Axls' 'mining calculator' is also known to be pretty inaccurate, I don't think he took increased difficulty into account either Sad
The devs are working on having an accurate mining calc included in the wallet for a future release, I believe.

One very important thing to get your head round is that solo-mining works very differently from pool mining - some days you'll get a few coins, some days you'll get none at all. Probably the biggest thing to understand is that BYC should NOT be thought of in the same way as ANY other coin out there.

We're breaking out of the box & aiming for the stars!

Do you know of ANY other wallet that's on Softpedia?

How easy was it to d/l, instal & start mining compared to any other coin you've ever mined?

Really, you should getcha ass over to coinblab for future support, this is the Zeitcoin thread after all Wink

P.S./E2A - Just did a screenie to show I'm not shittin' you

Member of the UK Digital Currency Association * Bitrated user: LionOfNarnia. * Member of the ZeitKnights * Member of the Bytecent Community Team

"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"
Bluemustang

Activity: 147
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 02:07:20 PM

I just downloaded myself the bytecent wallet and started mining.  I have a 4790k at 4.6ghz and im only getting around 2200 p/s.  According to the bytecent site i should be getting more like 2500-2600 (there's a spot where people posted their results and someone with a 4770k at just 4.2ghz got over 2400 p/s).

Any ideas?  Oh well.  At this rate i can almost double my 11.7m zeit holding in 30 days (if my 10 sec calcs were right that is) Smiley

PS: How are you getting 4byc/day?  At my 2200 p/s (2100ish while surfing the web) it tells me i got 77 chains per day, putting that into http://byc.axel-b.fr/calculator tells me id get on average only 3.1byc/day and your p/s is a good chunk below mine.

Thanks.

The numbers on that thread are mostly from the early days, when the difficulty was lower - it does say there that they should only be used 'comparatively'. (Comparing various CPUs against each other)

Your actual rate also depends on what else you're using the PC for. Mine can vary from 1600 - 1850 these days depending on what else I'm doing.

Axls' 'mining calculator' is also known to be pretty inaccurate, I don't think he took increased difficulty into account either Sad
The devs are working on having an accurate mining calc included in the wallet for a future release, I believe.

One very important thing to get your head round is that solo-mining works very differently from pool mining - some days you'll get a few coins, some days you'll get none at all. Probably the biggest thing to understand is that BYC should NOT be thought of in the same way as ANY other coin out there.

How easy was it to d/l, instal & start mining compared to any other coin you've ever mined?

Really, you should getcha ass over to coinblab for future support, this is the Zeitcoin thread after all Wink

Yeah i suppose.  I just havnt been mining or researching anything in the crypto world since earlier this year when mining started becoming less worthwhile.  Just holding onto my cryptos i earned before that for the future (zeit, doge, bts, ags and a few others i think).  I had just gone back a few pages and saw you mention these byc and figured wth, its a half way decent way to increase my zeit holdings. 

Though do you think i should just hold onto whatever byc i get?  Or trade it for zeit?  I intend to hold until if and when any of my holdings gain true value.

Oh and i earned a byc after the first approximately 1.5h's, hopefully i can keep up on that Smiley
LionOfNarnia

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 02:48:44 PM

You replied just as I was adding the screenies.

Glad you've 'popped your cherry' Wink

FFS hold on to them!

With only ~40% more total coin supply than BTC, and only ~260,000 in circulation so far, this could get pretty crazy next year - not least coz IE is aiming at the bigger world, not the asylum that is BCtalk Wink

Member of the UK Digital Currency Association * Bitrated user: LionOfNarnia. * Member of the ZeitKnights * Member of the Bytecent Community Team

"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"
Couldbe

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 12:34:30 AM

I just downloaded myself the bytecent wallet and started mining.  I have a 4790k at 4.6ghz and im only getting around 2200 p/s.  According to the bytecent site i should be getting more like 2500-2600 (there's a spot where people posted their results and someone with a 4770k at just 4.2ghz got over 2400 p/s).

Any ideas?  Oh well.  At this rate i can almost double my 11.7m zeit holding in 30 days (if my 10 sec calcs were right that is) Smiley

PS: How are you getting 4byc/day?  At my 2200 p/s (2100ish while surfing the web) it tells me i got 77 chains per day, putting that into http://byc.axel-b.fr/calculator tells me id get on average only 3.1byc/day and your p/s is a good chunk below mine.

Thanks.

https://i.imgur.com/lCLGEL7.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/xSLzKDg.jpg

I think we get the message.

Thanks.

https://i.imgur.com/lCLGEL7.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/xSLzKDg.jpg

But how many more times are you going to a clog up Zeitcoin pages with Bytecent material?
Couldbe

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 12:54:00 AM

Zeitcoin is a Mintcoin fork. I don't think that every POS coin is affected by this issue.
This block above mark our transition to the second year with 20% interest. It's earlier than expected (2 month) and the chain will die after shifting to Level 2 ;-)
I wonder if we should shift it into February!?!

Cheers,
Ray

How much of a threat is this? 50/50 that Zeitcoin will go down? Mintcoin seem to be flummoxed. Is it a simple fix, or are we into the realms of the unknown?
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 03:45:52 AM
Last edit: December 18, 2014, 06:54:07 AM by kiklo

How much of a threat is this? 50/50 that Zeitcoin will go down? Mintcoin seem to be flummoxed. Is it a simple fix, or are we into the realms of the unknown?

No Worries.  After updating the code , it will take time to recompile the new wallets.

This is a quirk that only freezes sync between the wallets, coins are not affected.
We pointed out the problem to Mintcoin , when we realized what it was.
Their programmer roboguy should have a fix for them in a few days.

We have contact Bee7 (first one to point it out) and are enlisting his help to fix it before zeit network has any issue, Strangely enough Zeit has Time on our Side.  Cheesy

Cool

kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 04:09:28 AM
Last edit: December 18, 2014, 10:45:27 PM by kiklo

ZeitKnights 2015

List of Charities to Sponsor (Once our price is Much Higher) using zeitcoins interest

1.   http://thewaterproject.org        submitted by Atronite
2.   http://www.plantabillion.org       submitted by Podizzle

Will Update this list as new charities are posted.

Cool
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 04:12:32 AM
Last edit: September 07, 2015, 03:42:15 AM by kiklo

ZEITKNIGHTS
Jan 31., 2015
Become a legendary zeight (zeitknight) and help us to help others.
Registration is open for 4 weeks in February 2015.

Slogans
"Zeit : "Helping the Innocent and Innovation"                  submitted by Rent-A-Ray
"The coin for the times - our time - our coin!"                 submitted by BainbridgeJ
"In Zeit We Trust"                                                      submitted by LionOfNarnia
"Out of Zeit - Out of Mind"                                           submitted by LionOfNarnia
"Zeit : "Innovation for the Innocent"                              submitted by LionOfNarnia
" die Zeit ist hier 'the time is here "                                submitted by Podizzle
"The time (ZEIT) is now!"                                             submitted by UKI
"Zeit will have its time."                                               submitted by tx42
"Give Zeit some time."                                                 submitted by tx42
"Open your eyes, and you will have Zeit!"                       submitted by Atronite
"Building a sustainable and self-sufficient community"        submitted by Atronite

Submit a Slogan or express a Goal you would like completed by ZeitKnights
(Included the word Slogan in your Post so we know to add it to the list)

The ZeitKnight's End Game,
To make this World a Better Place for All who reside in it.
By making zeitcoin into a tool that can help someone next door or someone across the world.

Requirements:
All Members must have 100 million Zeitcoins as a requirement of being part of the Zeit-Knights.

Cool
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 10:45:10 AM

No Worries.  After updating the code , it will take time to recompile the new wallets.

This is a quirk that only freezes sync between the wallets, coins are not affected.
We pointed out the problem to Mintcoin , when we realized what it was.
Their programmer roboguy should have a fix for them in a few days.

We have contact Bee7 (first one to point it out) and are enlisting his help to fix it before zeit network has any issue, Strangely enough Zeit has Time on our Side.  Cheesy
 Cool

Great news kiklo. I think that should be enough time to get a workaround.
On the side note, when announcing the new wallet we have to be careful that the provided link with the wallet download is not compromised, as it was in case of OPAL recently (see below). This has nothing to do with ZEIT, but it is a warning for all of us to be alert and always double check what we download and install.

ATTENTION PLEASE READ ASAP

Good Afternoon,

We found that a user (diabanhxeo ID# 210031) posted a malicious post which included links to a hacked version of our wallet. This wallet installed a backdoor on some users computers which in turn stole their wallet.dat files from multiple coins. Through checking him out, we see he has posted many links to other coins's wallets, which we assume are also malicious.

If you downloaded the latest windows wallet from this thread, that was part of a reply and not our original post. Please scan your computer now for malware. Only download the wallet from our website opal-coin.com and not any other links in the thread. The source of the wallet should only be from "wallets.opal-coin.com" and no other domain.

Update: The malicious files are RAR files, we only host zips of the files.

We apologize for any inconvenience. We are dedicated to our community.

Thanks,

The Opal Team

this space is intentionally left blank
LionOfNarnia

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 11:15:34 AM

@couldbe

1) You actually did more spamming by unnecessarily re-posting my entire post twice to whine about it.

2) I was answering direct questions by a very senior & respected Zeitcoin supporter & bagholder.

3) There is no conflict between the coins, we are PoS so everyone has always been free to find the best/most efficient use of their PCs.

4) As a community leader, I would be failing in my duty if I did not offer my fellow Zeiters information about other ways to gain crypto-financial 'power' - especially as GPU mining is hardly profitable anymore & CPU solo-mining has been unheard of since 2010 - in the hope that this will ultimately encourage greater investment in Zeitcoin.

'Nuff said.

@kiklo/Ray

If you guys aren't worried about the block issue, then neither am I. We dealt with the hard fork from hybrid to pure PoS without major issues so I'm totally confident that this will be even smoother Grin

Couldbe

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 12:09:56 PM

@couldbe

1) You actually did more spamming by unnecessarily re-posting my entire post twice to whine about it.

2) I was answering direct questions by a very senior & respected Zeitcoin supporter & bagholder.

3) There is no conflict between the coins, we are PoS so everyone has always been free to find the best/most efficient use of their PCs.

4) As a community leader, I would be failing in my duty if I did not offer my fellow Zeiters information about other ways to gain crypto-financial 'power' - especially as GPU mining is hardly profitable anymore & CPU solo-mining has been unheard of since 2010 - in the hope that this will ultimately encourage greater investment in Zeitcoin.

'Nuff said.

@kiklo/Ray

If you guys aren't worried about the block issue, then neither am I. We dealt with the hard fork from hybrid to pure PoS without major issues so I'm totally confident that this will be even smoother Grin

1) I was giving you a taste of your own medicine. Not nice is it?

2) It was the way you answered with a previous background of publicising another coin. Why didn't you communicate with private messages?

3) Your posts obliterated important news about the block issue discovered with Mintcoin that affected this coin as well. I reposted that information after responding to yours.

4) You are not a community leader for this coin. You gave up that position a long time ago.
Rent_a_Ray
Legendary

Activity: 1315
Merit: 1036

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 05:43:13 PM

Keep cool, ladies.  Wink

More details about our "little problem" you'll find here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=450381.new;topicseen#new

Mintcoin need our help, now. The result is important for both coins.

Cheers,
Ray
stevegreer
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Official Zeitcoin community ambassador

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 05:53:19 PM

Now this is what I like!! Cooperation between coins, showing once again that Zeitcoin is more than just another coin in the batch. I have complete faith that all the 40 pound brains will figure out the fix in plenty of time to avoid any inconvenience. Wish I could do more to help, but unfortunately, I am no programmer.

kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 07:56:10 PM
Last edit: December 18, 2014, 10:45:49 PM by kiklo

Great news kiklo. I think that should be enough time to get a workaround.
On the side note, when announcing the new wallet we have to be careful that the provided link with the wallet download is not compromised, as it was in case of OPAL recently (see below). This has nothing to do with ZEIT, but it is a warning for all of us to be alert and always double check what we download and install.

Good Point, whenever anyone downloads any new software , they should scan it before install , but they can use something like http://www.virscan.org and run multiple scans on it to be safe.

Cool
LionOfNarnia

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 09:51:17 PM

4) You are not a community leader for this coin. You gave up that position a long time ago.

I offered to resign my position as 'community manager' for the forum. It was not accepted & I still appear as such there.

I AM one of the three ZeitKnights.

How can someone with nada activity or posts be so uppity about ancient history whilst being so pig-ignorant of the present?

*Lion wonders who you are a sock-puppet for*

Couldbe

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 11:28:03 PM
Last edit: December 19, 2014, 04:34:59 PM by Couldbe

I offered to resign my position as 'community manager' for the forum. It was not accepted & I still appear as such there.

- THAT'S NOT HOW IT APPEARED THIS SIDE OF THE BOARD. I WONDER WHO APPOINTED YOU IN THE   FIRST PLACE?

I AM one of the three ZeitKnights.

- SO YOU HAVE GOT MORE THAN 100 MILLION ZEIT. ALL THAT ZEIT IN ONE PLACE. A FEW OF YOU WITH SO MUCH OF THE NETWORK ZEIT COULD GET TOGETHER AND FORK OFF IN ANOTHER DIRECTION. MAYBE YOU SHOULD.

How can someone with nada activity or posts be so uppity about ancient history whilst being so pig-ignorant of the present?

- WHAT A STUPID QUESTION. I GAVE YOU THE EXPLANATION ALREADY. I SOMETIMES GET UPPITY ABOUT HISTORY BECAUSE IT REPEATS ITSELF.

*Lion wonders who you are a sock-puppet for*

- CALLING ME A SOCK PUPPET IS JUST AN ATTEMPT BY YOU TO TRY TO HIDE THE IGNORANT THING THAT YOU DID IN SMOTHERING IMPORTANT NEWS UP BY TRYING TO SELL AN OUTSIDE COIN TO NOOBS - A COIN THAT YOU HOLD TONS OF AND WHICH IS ON ITS WAY DOWN.

- I WILL KEEP THE OFFENSIVE PRIVATE MESSAGE YOU SENT ME FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.

Pages: « 1 ... 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 [565] 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 ... 861 »
  Print  

Jump to: