Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 07:34:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 112 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [INFO] Topps Allen & Ginter Reference Thread  (Read 84740 times)
Mrstacy
Copper Member

Activity: 1241
Merit: 108

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 06:06:29 PM

I can confirm that even non-crypto folks are holding on to our beloved 83 Cryptocurrency card.  He got one of the PSA 9 mini ginter x cards and is holding for future appreciation. 

Now (or was it months ago?) , it'll be nearly impossible to get the high-end cards.  Haven't seen a Brooklyn or No-Number for months now.

Our rapidly changing world requires a financial ecosystem that can keep up. Through our innovative technology and philosophy, we’re transforming the future of finance, for the better.

https://diviproject.org/
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Fattcatt

Activity: 1912
Merit: 354

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 07:47:37 PM

Don't even hear about them. It's like the shroud of silence has been dropped in reference to them. Maybe someone will sacrifice one or two of their cards to test the market waters in the near future. Heck...maybe everyone's just waiting for PSA to get theirs graded  Cheesy lol
dolphriends

Activity: 1736
Merit: 440

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 07:55:24 PM

Don't even hear about them. It's like the shroud of silence has been dropped in reference to them. Maybe someone will sacrifice one or two of their cards to test the market waters in the near future. Heck...maybe everyone's just waiting for PSA to get theirs graded  Cheesy lol

If a red mini pops up for sale make sure your bank account is full Smiley Smiley
Fattcatt

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 08:26:24 PM

I don't know, we may all be kidding ourselves, could be we might not see a red mini, x mini, brookie, glowie, or Nno for years to come. Collectors are known to lock up treasures so that they won't see the light of day for a very long time, they just turn their backs on the current market. Shrewd dealers and collectors have a system they follow, and that's just part of the astute regime. Spotting a rarer card might actually be liken to spotting a unicorn in the days to come. Embarrassed
dolphriends

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 09:30:15 PM

I don't know, we may all be kidding ourselves, could be we might not see a red mini, x mini, brookie, glowie, or Nno for years to come. Collectors are known to lock up treasures so that they won't see the light of day for a very long time, they just turn their backs on the current market. Shrewd dealers and collectors have a system they follow, and that's just part of the astute regime. Spotting a rarer card might actually be liken to spotting a unicorn in the days to come. Embarrassed

I look at it this way, how many people here on the forum that have an interest in these cards have actually held in their hands a ginter x red mini #83. !!!!!
Mrstacy
Copper Member

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 10:05:58 PM

I look at it this way, how many people here on the forum that have an interest in these cards have actually held in their hands a ginter x red mini #83. !!!!!

With only 5, that is a short attendance list.  That glow-in-dark list is short too.  But... A few of us have held 1/1s!  Someone mentioned having a printing plate.  Threre was also a 3-in-1 card,  i'm thinking one of us bought that 1/1 glossy.  Maybe even the blank back 1/1.  And, FC owns that 1/1 error card.

I think we want the card we DON'T have.  i have a min- ginter x, so it is not exciting.  Now i want a Brooklyn.  Once i get a Brooklyn, then a no-number.  This hobby is addictive!

Our rapidly changing world requires a financial ecosystem that can keep up. Through our innovative technology and philosophy, we’re transforming the future of finance, for the better.

dolphriends

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 12:04:51 AM

With only 5, that is a short attendance list.  That glow-in-dark list is short too.  But... A few of us have held 1/1s!  Someone mentioned having a printing plate.  Threre was also a 3-in-1 card,  i'm thinking one of us bought that 1/1 glossy.  Maybe even the blank back 1/1.  And, FC owns that 1/1 error card.

I think we want the card we DON'T have.  i have a min- ginter x, so it is not exciting.  Now i want a Brooklyn.  Once i get a Brooklyn, then a no-number.  This hobby is addictive!

Actually speaking for myself I want them all.  LOL Smiley
dolphriends

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 04:34:27 PM

Just my opinion but, the two most difficult cards to find that have actually shown up has been the ginter x red mini solar eclipse and the red mini cryptocurrency.  Only one solar eclipse has ever shown up and only two cryptocurrency.  I am starting to think these cards may have been tossed by main stream baseball collectors when they first came out.  Sad
Mrstacy
Copper Member

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 06:55:23 PM

Just my opinion but, the two most difficult cards to find that have actually shown up has been the ginter x red mini solar eclipse and the red mini cryptocurrency.  Only one solar eclipse has ever shown up and only two cryptocurrency.  I am starting to think these cards may have been tossed by main stream baseball collectors when they first came out.  Sad

It could happen.  As a kid in the 70s, we used to put those rookie cards in our bicycle spokes to get a cool clicking noise.

Fattcatt

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 05:37:26 PM

Or someone opened them, and then put them away, not knowing what they had......and still to this day might not know what they have in that shoe box under their bed.... Undecided
dolphriends

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 04:36:41 AM

Has anyone pulled the elusive glow-in-the-dark #83 ? That is one I havn't seen .
Mrstacy
Copper Member

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 08:41:32 AM

Has anyone pulled the elusive glow-in-the-dark #83 ? That is one I havn't seen .

Someone has!  This is from page one of this thread.

Prior Sales Info
$650 9/2/18 - $1,000 9/2/18  (Source: Nah-256)
$900 10/17/18 (Source: https://ebay.us/fbNteB)

dolphriends

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 08:51:12 AM

Prior Sales Info

I think it was the same card that someone bought and flipped as I remember.  It just vanished after that and never saw another glowie since.  I have seen some no #'s even some PSA 10's , so I'm going to guess if there were 50 no #'s there might be a handful only of the glow's .   Just my thought
Mrstacy
Copper Member

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 09:00:35 AM

Prior Sales Info

I think it was the same card that someone bought and flipped as I remember.  It just vanished after that and never saw another glowie since.  I have seen some no #'s even some PSA 10's , so I'm going to guess if there were 50 no #'s there might be a handful only of the glow's .   Just my thought

There was one sale not mentioned if my memory serves me correctly, so the numbers are very low for sure - 5 or less.  However, it takes a keen eye to tell if you have a glow one or not!   These are case hits, so maybe if you buy a case you are more aware of what is in the case than a kid buying packs at Walmart, but i'm thinking a few are still in the wild.

I literally placed all my minis in the sunshine to help me find the glow ones.  Very easy to miss in my opinion.

dolphriends

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 09:20:36 AM

Someone has!  This is from page one of this thread.

Prior Sales Info
$650 9/2/18 - $1,000 9/2/18  (Source: Nah-256)

I think it was the same card that someone bought and flipped as I remember.  It just vanished after that and never saw another glowie since.  I have seen some no #'s even some PSA 10's , so I'm going to guess if there were 50 no #'s there might be a handful only of the glow's .   Just my thought

There was one sale not mentioned if my memory serves me correctly, so the numbers are very low for sure - 5 or less.  However, it takes a keen eye to tell if you have a glow one or not!   These are case hits, so maybe if you buy a case you are more aware of what is in the case than a kid buying packs at Walmart, but i'm thinking a few are still in the wild.

I literally placed all my minis in the sunshine to help me find the glow ones.  Very easy to miss in my opinion.

I pulled glowies of the other players and actually you have to look at it for a moment but, they are quite different than the common mini.  Texture is different on the borders wherever it glows.  Like you said though, could miss it if you are not looking for it.   If cryptocurrency keeps going up and moves more mainstream I see the following values for the following cards

First and will always be #1   The regular blank back ungraded 50K and much higher @ PSA 10

Red mini's  35K  and PSA 10 much high

Glowie's  20k   Psa 10 much higher

The graded PSA 10 black mini 50K

Of course there are others that we havn't seen like the wood stock or silver mini that will fetch super prices.  The brooklyn's and no numbers will be high values also.The 1/1 mini glossy graded at PSA 9 but, was not a favorite of mine , will definitely be a high flyer.  All just an opinion.

Mrstacy
Copper Member

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 09:50:20 AM

There was one sale not mentioned if my memory serves me correctly, so the numbers are very low for sure - 5 or less.  However, it takes a keen eye to tell if you have a glow one or not!   These are case hits, so maybe if you buy a case you are more aware of what is in the case than a kid buying packs at Walmart, but i'm thinking a few are still in the wild.

I literally placed all my minis in the sunshine to help me find the glow ones.  Very easy to miss in my opinion.

I misspoke, the ones above are the only 3 on ebay at least.

dolphriends

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 09:55:06 AM

You mean two?  and I think it is the same one  Roll Eyes   There are none graded on PSA
Mrstacy
Copper Member

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 10:01:00 AM

Someone has!  This is from page one of this thread.

Prior Sales Info
$650 9/2/18 - $1,000 9/2/18  (Source: Nah-256)

I think it was the same card that someone bought and flipped as I remember.  It just vanished after that and never saw another glowie since.  I have seen some no #'s even some PSA 10's , so I'm going to guess if there were 50 no #'s there might be a handful only of the glow's .   Just my thought

There was one sale not mentioned if my memory serves me correctly, so the numbers are very low for sure - 5 or less.  However, it takes a keen eye to tell if you have a glow one or not!   These are case hits, so maybe if you buy a case you are more aware of what is in the case than a kid buying packs at Walmart, but i'm thinking a few are still in the wild.

I literally placed all my minis in the sunshine to help me find the glow ones.  Very easy to miss in my opinion.

I pulled glowies of the other players and actually you have to look at it for a moment but, they are quite different than the common mini.  Texture is different on the borders wherever it glows.  Like you said though, could miss it if you are not looking for it.   If cryptocurrency keeps going up and moves more mainstream I see the following values for the following cards

First and will always be #1   The regular blank back ungraded 50K and much higher @ PSA 10

Red mini's  35K  and PSA 10 much high

Glowie's  20k   Psa 10 much higher

The graded PSA 10 black mini 50K

Of course there are others that we havn't seen like the wood stock or silver mini that will fetch super prices.  The brooklyn's and no numbers will be high values also.The 1/1 mini glossy graded at PSA 9 but, was not a favorite of mine , will definitely be a high flyer.  All just an opinion.

From your keyboard to God's eyes! i hope this comes to be true.  I'm not holding any super exclusives right now, but i have some forum acquaintances that will pull in a nice haul if that happens.

Still say that PSA 10 Ginter x mini black is an inside job.  No way 20+ cards many pulled from pack to sleeve to toploader are vastly different than that one 10.  This game is prone to corruption.

Mrstacy
Copper Member

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 10:04:06 AM

You mean two?  and I think it is the same one  Roll Eyes   There are none graded on PSA

Yes. Two.  Well, i know for a fact that there is one - i bought the 900 one, got it graded and flipped it.  Unfortunately, PSA graded it as a regular mini.  It would behoove the buyer to get it re-encapsulated.  Or, maybe it is agood strategy just to hold and then when prices go up, strike then!

dolphriends

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 10:14:44 AM

Yes. Two.  Well, i know for a fact that there is one - i bought the 900 one, got it graded and flipped it.  Unfortunately, PSA graded it as a regular mini.  It would behoove the buyer to get it re-encapsulated.  Or, maybe it is agood strategy just to hold and then when prices go up, strike then!

If I owned it I would ask that the label be changed to correctly identify the card but, that's just me.  If no other card is ever graded higher than a 9. it puts it in a rare category.
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 112 »
  Print  

Jump to: