Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 07:10:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [INFO] Topps Allen & Ginter Reference Thread  (Read 84766 times)
dolphriends

Activity: 1750
Merit: 441

View Profile
January 05, 2020, 01:08:25 AM

Nor does it include the 1/1 Topps Vault Cards. Or the extremely valuable 5x7 ERROR rare "unicorn".  If you going to talk about "valuable" Cryptocurrency Rookies, then these cards fall into that category, easily.

1/1 Topps Vault 3-in-1 Card Cryptocurrency (Graded)

1/1 Topps  5 x 7 ERROR Card Cryptocurrency (Only the 5x7 cards came initially/originally in a complete sealed set, the rest were box's and packs. 49 of the "colorized " sets & 10 of the  "Gold" sets.) Graded

1/1 Topps Vault Cryptocurrency  Not sure if the owner of this card had it graded yet or not.

I think the most serious of buyers out there will be on the look-out for the following cards, the red mini, the silver mini, the glow in the dark all graded PSA 10.  These cards are rare on their own and a PSA 10 would be extremely rare.  Could they reach the numbers the magic card was getting, maybe !! Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
dolphriends

View Profile
January 05, 2020, 03:18:49 AM

Personally I don't think you can ever go wrong with any printing plate, red or silver mini, or glow in the dark of the #83, #222 solar or the #213 egg.  These are so rare I would think they would make a lot of noise if they show up.    Someone picked up a super deal on the extremely rare solar glowie, I never saw it.   Shocked Shocked
Fattcatt

Activity: 1916
Merit: 354

View Profile
January 05, 2020, 07:27:55 PM
Last edit: January 05, 2020, 07:38:55 PM by Fattcatt

Well, time will tell the tale...it always does. Until then, it's anyone's guess. You and I can agree to disagree, as I know there are others that will disagree with you. Doesn't really matter.....until the point of sale for each card. That's "definitive", and will definitely tell the tale. I am interested in the Crypto Rookie cards, and ANY 1/1 card will be valuable...regardless of it's size, color, grade, etc.....that's all that matters for those cards, that they are the ONLY one like it, and Serious collectors will seek those cards out to add to their collections. Regardless if you agree with that statement or not. And 1/1 cards are way more pricey than a run of 5 or 25 cards are, historically. Period. * mike-drop

Truth is, we all have our own ideas of what cards will cost more to acquire down the line, and what one's are dud's. Collectors have their own ideas, and no one's going to force a collector into their way of thinking, that's for sure. No matter how many times they try to suggest it.

*I'd like to know when we're going to see Crypto Cards in the Basketball series sets, box's and packs....any news on that front? I'm sure we'd all like to hear about that.
alamjob239

Activity: 126
Merit: 20

View Profile
January 05, 2020, 07:47:07 PM

I am not into too much of cards but obviously crypro craze made me look into this now.
I have a question how do you buy Topps Allen & Ginter cards? I went to their website I do see they sell cards by set or box but not these cards.
How do you get these cards beside buying from auctions or from person? Is there a way to buy these cards from the company website directly and if is it what is the name of the set?

Thanks in advance.  Smiley
hybridsole (OP)

Activity: 944
Merit: 783

View Profile
January 05, 2020, 08:00:51 PM

I am not into too much of cards but obviously crypro craze made me look into this now.
I have a question how do you buy Topps Allen & Ginter cards? I went to their website I do see they sell cards by set or box but not these cards.
How do you get these cards beside buying from auctions or from person? Is there a way to buy these cards from the company website directly and if is it what is the name of the set?

OP link still valid for purchases: https://www.blowoutcards.com/sports-cards/baseball-cards/2018.html?dir=asc&manufacturer=17&order=name

ChiBitCTy
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 3011

View Profile
January 05, 2020, 08:33:30 PM

There are also plenty of people here who have extras that would likely be willing to sell. Also ebay.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Fattcatt

Activity: 1916
Merit: 354

View Profile
January 05, 2020, 09:11:49 PM

All of the sets have been sold, and the remaining set's that have not been cracked so far, prolly won't be cracked open, they're all held by collectors in here.... I'm pretty sure.  Box's and packs will be your best bet. Anything rare, will cost you a bundle....but you're not out of the game, just because you showed up late, the right box could score you a massive score. But what they won't tell you is, you could buy 20 box's and not get anything. On the other hand, you could buy a case and hit the BONANZA!  Not 1 wooden card has shown up from the 2018 Topps Allen Ginter box's. Then again, 20 years from now, someone might discover that they had them under their bed in an unbroken case.....still anyone's game  Cheesy  

Good Luck!
alamjob239

Activity: 126
Merit: 20

View Profile
January 05, 2020, 10:47:51 PM

All of the sets have been sold, and the remaining set's that have not been cracked so far, prolly won't be cracked open, they're all held by collectors in here.... I'm pretty sure.  Box's and packs will be your best bet. Anything rare, will cost you a bundle....but you're not out of the game, just because you showed up late, the right box could score you a massive score. But what they won't tell you is, you could buy 20 box's and not get anything. On the other hand, you could buy a case and hit the BONANZA!  Not 1 wooden card has shown up from the 2018 Topps Allen Ginter box's. Then again, 20 years from now, someone might discover that they had them under their bed in an unbroken case.....still anyone's game  Cheesy  

Good Luck!

Thanks both of you ChiBitCTy and Fattcatt
I am clear now.
dolphriends

View Profile
January 06, 2020, 05:08:23 AM

Well, time will tell the tale...it always does. Until then, it's anyone's guess. You and I can agree to disagree, as I know there are others that will disagree with you. Doesn't really matter.....until the point of sale for each card. That's "definitive", and will definitely tell the tale. I am interested in the Crypto Rookie cards, and ANY 1/1 card will be valuable...regardless of it's size, color, grade, etc.....that's all that matters for those cards, that they are the ONLY one like it, and Serious collectors will seek those cards out to add to their collections. Regardless if you agree with that statement or not. And 1/1 cards are way more pricey than a run of 5 or 25 cards are, historically. Period. * mike-drop

Truth is, we all have our own ideas of what cards will cost more to acquire down the line, and what one's are dud's. Collectors have their own ideas, and no one's going to force a collector into their way of thinking, that's for sure. No matter how many times they try to suggest it.

*I'd like to know when we're going to see Crypto Cards in the Basketball series sets, box's and packs....any news on that front? I'm sure we'd all like to hear about that.

Maybe we will see some crypto basketball coins first and then maybe some cards, I'm a strong believer in patience.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes sometimes lol
BitcoinPenny
aka CJBianco
Legendary

Activity: 2662
Merit: 2203

BitcoinPenny.com

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2020, 12:50:12 PM

Are there even any basketball card lines that include non-basketball players? In the baseball card world, the A&G line is an oddity for including non-players and inanimate objects. Are there any basketball card lines that do the same? If not, then I doubt that we'd see a crypto card in any line of collectible cards other than baseball's A&G. (It would be nice to see a follow-up in the A&G line someday.)

Regards,
Chris

BitcoinPenny.com | "When it comes to bitcoin swag, we make perfect CENTS!"
dolphriends

View Profile
January 06, 2020, 01:02:18 PM

Are there even any basketball card lines that include non-basketball players? In the baseball card world, the A&G line is an oddity for including non-players and inanimate objects. Are there any basketball card lines that do the same? If not, then I doubt that we'd see a crypto card in any line of collectible cards other than baseball's A&G. (It would be nice to see a follow-up in the A&G line someday.)

Regards,
Chris

I think Panini, upperdeck and I believe leaf also.   
BitcoinPenny
aka CJBianco
Legendary

BitcoinPenny.com

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2020, 01:36:41 PM

Regards,
Chris

Oh, that's awesome! Which lines feature non-basketball players? Do any of the lines feature inanimate objects?

Regards,
Chris

Edit: I just searched the Leaf website. I don't believe they print non-basketball players. Can you show an example card?

dolphriends

View Profile
January 06, 2020, 02:20:25 PM

Regards,
Chris

Oh, that's awesome! Which lines feature non-basketball players? Do any of the lines feature inanimate objects?

Regards,
Chris

Edit: I just searched the Leaf website. I don't believe they print non-basketball players. Can you show an example card?

Not sure on the inanimate objects but, here are some of the non basketball player availability

https://www.comc.com/Cards/Non-Sports/2019_Leaf_Pop_Century
BitcoinPenny
aka CJBianco
Legendary

BitcoinPenny.com

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2020, 02:53:28 PM

Regards,
Chris

Regards,
Chris

Not sure on the inanimate objects but, here are some of the non basketball player availability

Ah! I see our misunderstanding now. You and I are talking about two different things. Those Leaf Pop Century cards aren't a line of BASKETBALL cards. They are merely a line of collectible (non-sports) trading cards which happen to be made by a company (Leaf) that also makes sports cards, including some basketball cards.

When you said that maybe we'll see some crypto basketball cards, I thought you were talking seeing crypto cards in a line of BASKETBALL cards, like we saw in baseball's A&G / Ginter lines.

Again, we're obviously talking about two different things. My apologies for the misunderstanding.

I would agree that any crypto-themed trading cards are nice to see on the market. (For example, the Crypto Cosmos playing cards released here by Kryptowerk last year. While those are game cards, they are fairly close to being traditional trading cards, IMHO.) However, seeing a crypto-themed trading card released in a popular series of collectible BASEBALL cards is extra sweet!

Regards,
Chris

dolphriends

View Profile
January 06, 2020, 03:51:46 PM

Regards,
Chris

Regards,
Chris

Ah! I see our misunderstanding now. You and I are talking about two different things. Those Leaf Pop Century cards aren't a line of BASKETBALL cards. They are merely a line of collectible (non-sports) trading cards which happen to be made by a company (Leaf) that also makes sports cards, including some basketball cards.

When you said that maybe we'll see some crypto basketball cards, I thought you were talking seeing crypto cards in a line of BASKETBALL cards, like we saw in baseball's A&G / Ginter lines.

Again, we're obviously talking about two different things. My apologies for the misunderstanding.

I would agree that any crypto-themed trading cards are nice to see on the market. (For example, the Crypto Cosmos playing cards released here by Kryptowerk last year. While those are game cards, they are fairly close to being traditional trading cards, IMHO.) However, seeing a crypto-themed trading card released in a popular series of collectible BASEBALL cards is extra sweet!

Regards,
Chris

Chris

I look at Topps like I do at your company. both are premier companies in their respective fields.
BitcoinPenny
aka CJBianco
Legendary

BitcoinPenny.com

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2020, 05:52:58 PM

Chris

I look at Topps like I do at your company. both are premier companies in their respective fields.

Thank you for the kind words, dolphriends. That is one of the most generous compliments that our company has ever received, and I will happily and humbly accept it. Grin I look forward to continually meeting (and hopefully exceeding) your high expectations with each future release.

Once again, you are too kind. Thank you. Smiley

Regards,
Chris

dolphriends

View Profile
January 06, 2020, 10:05:12 PM

Was looking at the PSA sight to see how many glow in the darks were graded for the entire set, wow only 13 total cards and 7 were PSA 10.   
dolphriends

View Profile
January 12, 2020, 05:15:33 PM

Will be opening a box of 2018 A&G X in a few days.  Will be over the rainbow if I pull any of the following,  silver mini #83 or silver mini #84 marine national monument, red mini #83 or red mini #222 solar or a black mini #83.  Any of these would be super and who knows maybe I score a couple of them, and maybe not lol.  It's all fun to me and never take it too seriously.  Just enjoy the hunt Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

The only two silvers that havn't shown up are #83 and 384

The mini red's only one #222 and two #83's have shown up

Probably less of a chance to pull a mini black #83 since probably 40 have already shown up out of probably 50 made.

Going to be fun
Mrstacy
Copper Member

Activity: 1247
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 12, 2020, 10:40:10 PM

Will be opening a box of 2018 A&G X in a few days.  Will be over the rainbow if I pull any of the following,  silver mini #83 or silver mini #84 marine national monument, red mini #83 or red mini #222 solar or a black mini #83.  Any of these would be super and who knows maybe I score a couple of them, and maybe not lol.  It's all fun to me and never take it too seriously.  Just enjoy the hunt Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Probably less of a chance to pull a mini black #83 since probably 40 have already shown up out of probably 50 made.

Going to be fun

There are 100 mini x all black.  50 no number.  25 Brooklyn.  About 10 glow in the dark.  5 mini red x. 1 silver. 

I like to review the first page of this thread every once in a while  as a refresher 😀

Our rapidly changing world requires a financial ecosystem that can keep up. Through our innovative technology and philosophy, we’re transforming the future of finance, for the better.

https://diviproject.org/
dolphriends

View Profile
January 12, 2020, 11:07:43 PM

Going to be fun

There are 100 mini x all black.  50 no number.  25 Brooklyn.  About 10 glow in the dark.  5 mini red x. 1 silver. 

I like to review the first page of this thread every once in a while  as a refresher 😀

Got it, anyway I will jump with joy if I get any of the above LOL.  My thought is every time a box gets opened the odds improve to find the silver, I opened a box about a month ago I got on ebay and nothing really.  I think this one might be a super lucky box.   Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley 
Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 »
  Print  

Jump to: