Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:57:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 [139] 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 ... 425 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] BTC Guild - Pays TxFees+NMC, Stratum, VarDiff, Private Servers  (Read 902902 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
eleuthria (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 11:04:59 PM

8PM PST?!?

That's like 11p here on the east coast.

I'm going to call a grievance meeting at the rec center.

It was bumped forward to 6-7 PM PDT, so 9-10 on east coast.  Hopefully on the earlier side.  Finishing up the store tonight and going to give it a few test runs (myself, not real orders).

RIP BTC Guild, April 2011 - June 2015

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
eleuthria (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 02:33:03 AM

The first 100 usb miners have arrived.  I'm unboxing and setting them up on Windows tonight so I can have a proper guide available by the time they begin shipping Monday morning.  Windows is apparently much more of a pain to get working than Linux from what I've been hearing.  I'll be testing chips on Linux later this weekend to have a guide ready for Ubuntu users as well.

So far, 18 tested, 18 working.  Each chip is producing the expected speed (331-336 MH/s).  No duds.

fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 02:36:11 AM

They have some amazing delivery times.
bit_NINj4

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

Money can't buy happiness but it can buy assassins

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 03:27:19 AM

Since I'm growing impatient waiting on my Avalon, BFL is still 9 months behind on pre-orders, and I've lost any desire to trust a new upstart with "pre order" ASICs, I'm starting to consider buying a batch of ASICMINER USB miners, and selling off the excess basically at cost to BTC Guild users in the US that don't want to commit to a full order (minimum is 50 units), and would rather not join in a group buy.

Just out of curiosity, are any of the US-based Guild miners interested?  Price would be 1.01 BTC per ASICMINER USB (~330 MH/s).  That's 0.99 [cost] + 0.02 shipping (possibly 0.03 shipping, but I'm pretty sure First Class USPS with Tracking would be under $2 unless they're heavier than they look).

I am extremely pleased that you are offering this. I will be F5-ing frantically to be one of the firsts to order. Hopefully not having my IP banned by CloudShare lol
My only concern is shipping to Canada. It's not exactly clear that Canadians can order in this first batch and that shipping fees will be the same as US.
Can you confirm this?

Thanks again for offering this and for all the work you do.

1NiNj4aAHokvr95rYKX4Jew8vZUPV5kmEy
eleuthria (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 03:37:22 AM

Since I'm growing impatient waiting on my Avalon, BFL is still 9 months behind on pre-orders, and I've lost any desire to trust a new upstart with "pre order" ASICs, I'm starting to consider buying a batch of ASICMINER USB miners, and selling off the excess basically at cost to BTC Guild users in the US that don't want to commit to a full order (minimum is 50 units), and would rather not join in a group buy.

Just out of curiosity, are any of the US-based Guild miners interested?  Price would be 1.01 BTC per ASICMINER USB (~330 MH/s).  That's 0.99 [cost] + 0.02 shipping (possibly 0.03 shipping, but I'm pretty sure First Class USPS with Tracking would be under $2 unless they're heavier than they look).

I am extremely pleased that you are offering this. I will be F5-ing frantically to be one of the firsts to order. Hopefully not having my IP banned by CloudShare lol
My only concern is shipping to Canada. It's not exactly clear that Canadians can order in this first batch and that shipping fees will be the same as US.
Can you confirm this?

Unfortunately, only the US will be able to place orders on Friday.  I'm working very hard at finalizing plans on international shipping.  While Canada is significantly cheaper to ship to when using First Class Mail...it seems to fall under normal international rates when using Priority Mail.  First Class mail does NOT offer tracking internationally, and the same with Small Flat Rate international.  Only Medium Flat Rate or larger includes tracking, but the price to ship a Medium box international is ~$59.  This makes it quite prohibitive on small orders if you want tracking of the package.

The above CAN change, but at this time, I do not want to get anybody's hopes up outside of the US.

TECHICENINE

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 03:37:31 AM

The first 100 usb miners have arrived.  I'm unboxing and setting them up on Windows tonight so I can have a proper guide available by the time they begin shipping Monday morning.  Windows is apparently much more of a pain to get working than Linux from what I've been hearing.  I'll be testing chips on Linux later this weekend to have a guide ready for Ubuntu users as well.

So far, 18 tested, 18 working.  Each chip is producing the expected speed (331-336 MH/s).  No duds.

like you must be busy "breaking in" the units ya i guess it's better to sell used stuff than brand new..thanks
fcmatt
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 03:39:37 AM

like you must be busy "breaking in" the units ya i guess it's better to sell used stuff than brand new..thanks

would you like to be the person who gets the bad one out of a 100 and have to send it back to him only to be told he has none left?
using the darn thing for 5 minutes is doing people a HUGE favor.

eleuthria has proven he is trust worthy 1000 times over around here.
TECHICENINE

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 03:43:36 AM

would you like to be the person who gets the bad one out of a 100 and have to send it back to him only to be told he has none left?

i have zero stress my friend i'm heading up to Fresno in person to handle business so all is well..thanks
eleuthria (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 03:46:38 AM

They will be mined on for more than 5 minutes.  I would *prefer* to give each unit a full day of mining, including a few power cycles, but given the volume of chips coming in and likely going out, that won't be possible outside the first batch since they don't ship out until Monday.  But as you said:  It's a lot better they get mined on now, instead of being dead on arrival.  ASICMINER's warranty is only 6 months, and shipping isn't free to send your broken unit back or to receive a new one.

TECHICENINE

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 03:49:20 AM

Can you confirm this?

Unfortunately, only the US will be able to place orders on Friday.  I'm working very hard at finalizing plans on international shipping.  While Canada is significantly cheaper to ship to when using First Class Mail...it seems to fall under normal international rates when using Priority Mail.  First Class mail does NOT offer tracking internationally, and the same with Small Flat Rate international.  Only Medium Flat Rate or larger includes tracking, but the price to ship a Medium box international is ~$59.  This makes it quite prohibitive on small orders if you want tracking of the package.

The above CAN change, but at this time, I do not want to get anybody's hopes up outside of the US.

PM me i have a growing list of buyers and i'm heading up through Fresno to the Bay area...thanks
fcmatt
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 03:57:57 AM

They will be mined on for more than 5 minutes.  I would *prefer* to give each unit a full day of mining, including a few power cycles, but given the volume of chips coming in and likely going out, that won't be possible outside the first batch since they don't ship out until Monday.  But as you said:  It's a lot better they get mined on now, instead of being dead on arrival.  ASICMINER's warranty is only 6 months, and shipping isn't free to send your broken unit back or to receive a new one.

You must have a serious amount of usb ports handy then!
eleuthria (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 04:02:20 AM

I'll be posting some pictures later just so people can see them in action Smiley.  I'm really frustrated with the Windows side...but apparently most of my headache is due to cgminer, not Windows.  Going to test the next batch using bfgminer and try to cut a step out.

Right now the testing plan is:  Plug them in, register all the drivers on Windows, reboot the computer.  Start up cgminer, wait an hour so the BTC Guild dashboard has a chance to get a full hour worth of shares, and compare the speed to the expected speed.  Ideally, each hub (9 units + 1 fan) should be producing ~2.9-3 GH/s.  Since my first test wasn't quite as organized (was excited just to get them working), right now I've got 3 hubs on one worker and I'm hoping to see 8.8-9.1 GH/s after an hour worth of hashing.

bit_NINj4

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

Money can't buy happiness but it can buy assassins

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 04:02:36 AM

Can you confirm this?

Nooooooooo!!!!!!!  Cry

I thought for sure that Registered Mail can be applied to all First Class Mail. My eBay purchases always seem to be trackable. I only wanted 6, if you figure out how to do, I would appreciate it. ~$60 is insanely high, I agree.
 Undecided

1NiNj4aAHokvr95rYKX4Jew8vZUPV5kmEy
eleuthria (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 04:04:38 AM

Nooooooooo!!!!!!!  Cry

I thought for sure that Registered Mail can be applied to all First Class Mail. My eBay purchases always seem to be trackable. I only wanted 6, if you figure out how to do, I would appreciate it. ~$60 is insanely high, I agree.
 Undecided

I will look at USPS Registered Mail for Canada.  I have only limited experience with international sales in the past, so that might actually be the key to shipping to certain countries without going over $20 in shipping.

eleuthria (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 04:36:25 AM

If I had enough money to fund it...I would hang these up at christmas instead of blinking lights: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRYCkyn41OU

They give a cute little blink whenever they find a diff=1 share.

UPDATE:  First test run complete.  27 erupters for 1 hour.  BTC Guild dashboard speed was 8821 MH/s.  Assuming 100% acceptance and +/- 5% variance, the expected range is 8541 - 9440 MH/s, so no problems so far!  Will be trying out another set (23) using BFGMiner next.  Apparently BFG Miner skips one step in setting up, and just requires a few extra arguments when you run bfgminer instead.

guytechie

Activity: 677
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 05:04:27 AM

eleuthria, I PM'd you earlier but haven't received a response yet, so i'll post here.

I'm interested in getting 3 of these to start.  I don't have the BTC, and I understand you're doing this to avoid chargebacks.  Would you consider USPS money order?  No risk of chargebacks or check cancelations.

Put something in my tip jar if I made your day. Smiley
BTC:
1MkmBHDjonAFXui6JEx9ZmEemfMtUo9Cmu
eleuthria (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 05:07:38 AM

eleuthria, I PM'd you earlier but haven't received a response yet, so i'll post here.

I'm interested in getting 3 of these to start.  I don't have the BTC, and I understand you're doing this to avoid chargebacks.  Would you consider USPS money order?  No risk of chargebacks or check cancelations.

At this time, sales are BTC ONLY, until I have had time to gauge demand and restock.  BTC is the easiest method to use since I can fully automate everything except the actual packaging.  I have absolutely no idea if I'm going to be stuck with 300 units after 2 weeks, or if I'm going to sell every unit on order before the weekend is over.

I'm sorry if things seem very restrictive so far (no reserves, international not immediately available, BTC only, etc.).  This was a very "spur of the moment" deal.  I had seen people buying the Erupters at 2 BTC even for novelty purposes, but everybody had secretly hoping for a ~1 BTC price point because it was much more likely to [eventually] pay off.  When the prices were cut, I went from "I might order a few for fun since I don't have any ASICs yet" to "I might order 100 and sell some to friends" to "Ill order 350 and sell them through the website" to "I'll order 1,000!" within about 48 hours.  I tend to go from "fun idea" to "business idea" to "mass production" mode when I get excited about something [example: BTC Guild].

TECHICENINE

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 05:10:28 AM

I'll be posting some pictures later just so people can see them in action Smiley.  I'm really frustrated with the Windows side...but apparently most of my headache is due to cgminer, not Windows.  Going to test the next batch using bfgminer and try to cut a step out.

Right now the testing plan is:  Plug them in, register all the drivers on Windows, reboot the computer.  Start up cgminer, wait an hour so the BTC Guild dashboard has a chance to get a full hour worth of shares, and compare the speed to the expected speed.  Ideally, each hub (9 units + 1 fan) should be producing ~2.9-3 GH/s.  Since my first test wasn't quite as organized (was excited just to get them working), right now I've got 3 hubs on one worker and I'm hoping to see 8.8-9.1 GH/s after an hour worth of hashing.

====>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AP5VIhbJwFs

~help is on the way check your inBox...thanks
eleuthria (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 05:35:37 AM

And this is why I am testing them!  Just encountered the first dead on arrival ASIC after 36 erupters.  Luckily ASICMINER includes 2% extra on each order to cover DoAs.  May not be completely dead (it lights up, but seems to not be communicating with the PC or Hub, tried both).

eleuthria (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 05:54:45 AM

Word of warning:  These chips do get quite hot if you don't have any active cooling.  A 20 minute run did not produce any more hardware errors than what I saw when running with active cooling, but one was cool to the touch and the other was hot enough to cause a bit of pain if you rested a finger on it.  Running them 10 on a hub with 3 hubs next to each other surely doesn't help.

If you're looking at high density mining of USB Erupters, I highly recommend looking at some form of active cooling.  An Arctic Breezer USB Powered fan kept 9 cool.  Obviously if you're going to run a lot, a standard box fan/oscillating fan would probably do a pretty good job as well Smiley.

Pages: « 1 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 [139] 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 ... 425 »
  Print  

Jump to: