Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:22:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 [144] 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 ... 425 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] BTC Guild - Pays TxFees+NMC, Stratum, VarDiff, Private Servers  (Read 902902 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
eleuthria (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 04:29:56 PM

Update on USB Miner Orders:

In Stock (First 1,000) Orders: I'm repackaging the last 30 now, then will begin putting them in boxes/envelopes to ship out with the other 220 tested units.  The shipping part is quite fast.

Backorder (Second 1,000 Orders): I now have tracking for the 1,000 unit order.  Based on previous shipments, they should arrive Friday, giving me 3 days to unpack, test, repack, and prep for shipping on Monday.  Very possible all backordered units will be shipped on Monday, July 8th if 4th of July doesn't cause 2 days of delay.

More orders:  I'm working to secure another 200-300 units from ASICMINER before they are completely out of inventory.  After that, it will not be possible to restock for another 1-2 weeks.  Anybody trying to place a new order right now is being warned that new orders may require up to 2 weeks to ship, or may be forced to take a refund if stock will not become available.

RIP BTC Guild, April 2011 - June 2015

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
centove

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 06:44:36 PM

In Stock (First 1,000) Orders: I'm repackaging the last 30 now, then will begin putting them in boxes/envelopes to ship out with the other 220 tested units.  The shipping part is quite fast.

Backorder (Second 1,000 Orders): I now have tracking for the 1,000 unit order.  Based on previous shipments, they should arrive Friday, giving me 3 days to unpack, test, repack, and prep for shipping on Monday.  Very possible all backordered units will be shipped on Monday, July 8th if 4th of July doesn't cause 2 days of delay.

With my luck? Oh that will be the minimum delay probably 4 days delay is more likely....

Give me Btc: 1BRkf5bwSVdGCyvu4SyYBiJjEjbNiAQoYd Mine on my node: http://ask.gxsnmp.org:9332/
eleuthria (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 08:23:01 PM

925 USB Block Erupters were just shipped in the last hour.  Total units shipped since Saturday: 1,005

This means every unit ordered on Friday in the first 1,000 has now been delivered to USPS and should show up on your Order Status with tracking (may not show up until it departs the local USPS office sometime tonight/tomorrow morning).

1,000 more units are en route and expected to show up around Friday.  Attempting to secure all remaining ASICMINER inventory to add to that 1,000.  They do expect more inventory to become available within 1-2 weeks, at which point I will order more.  Please note the warning that appears when placing an order:  As of right now all 1,000 confirmed ordered units have been ordered+paid for.  Any new orders placed will be waiting at least 1 week if not 2 weeks before inventory is available to ship.

For Customers: Guides will be posted on the BTC Guild website within the next 24 hours on how to setup the miners on Linux or Windows 7.  If you received your units already, I strongly recommend BFGMINER for USB Block Erupters.  There are quite a few guides for how to run them available through the forums at this time.

os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090

Think for yourself

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 10:40:44 PM

I strongly recommend BFGMINER for USB Block Erupters.

BFGMiner may well be just fine.

But I cannot believe it is easier nor more reliable than CGMiner.  The install was the easiest miner setup I have ever done, with any mining program including Ufasoft.  I am running 3 instances to three pools 2 Erupters each.  Maybe since I don't have a high number of devices I'm not seeing issues others may be having??

Mapping Erupters as serial ports has to be problematic as the serial port mappings will change at Windoze' whim on a reboot which would cause major problems with multiple instances of a miner.

Win7 32 bit
CGMiner 3.3.1
2 Rosewill USB 2.0 7 port hubs.
Sam

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
eleuthria (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 10:46:42 PM

But I cannot believe it is easier nor more reliable than CGMiner.  The install was the easiest miner setup I have ever done, with any mining program including Ufasoft.  I am running 3 instances to three pools 2 Erupters each.  Maybe since I don't have a high number of devices I'm not seeing issues others may be having??

Mapping Erupters as serial ports has to be problematic as the serial port mappings will change at Windoze' whim on a reboot which would cause major problems with multiple instances of a miner.

Win7 32 bit
CGMiner 3.3.1
Sam

The problem is the -newest- cgminer requires more than just mapping them to COM ports.  It uses WinUSB on top of the other tool that maps them.  As a result it's fully hotpluggable, but adds an extra hoop and sometimes requires you to run an extra tool to re-assign WinUSB when you change ports/add more units.  Meanwhile, bfgminer only uses the software that makes them show up as COM ports, and you run '-S all' to have it scan/recognize all of them at once.

Older cgminer verisons work the same as bfgminer as far as I'm aware, it's only the newest version that added extra steps (newest cgminer does not have -S at all).

os2sam
Legendary

Think for yourself

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 10:58:17 PM

Win7 32 bit
CGMiner 3.3.1
Sam

The problem is the -newest- cgminer requires more than just mapping them to COM ports.  It uses WinUSB on top of the other tool that maps them.  As a result it's fully hotpluggable, but adds an extra hoop and sometimes requires you to run an extra tool to re-assign WinUSB when you change ports/add more units.  Meanwhile, bfgminer only uses the software that makes them show up as COM ports, and you run '-S all' to have it scan/recognize all of them at once.

Older cgminer verisons work the same as bfgminer as far as I'm aware, it's only the newest version that added extra steps (newest cgminer does not have -S at all).

My experience with installing USB serial drivers  and having them stay mapped to a particular comm port is more like hoops with flames.

Whereas using the Zadig utility is a one time event you never have to repeat again.  I just don't see the validity in the comparison.

I'm not trying to be difficult, nor say anything disparaging about BFGMiner, but CGMiner setup is not as problematic as many have MADE it out to be.

One caveat in my experience, the Block Erupters are my first USB mining devices so I had no baggage from previous installs/configurations.
Sam

eleuthria (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 11:25:56 PM

My experience with installing USB serial drivers  and having them stay mapped to a particular comm port is more like hoops with flames.
Whereas using the Zadig utility is a one time event you never have to repeat again.  I just don't see the validity in the comparison.
I'm not trying to be difficult, nor say anything disparaging about BFGMiner, but CGMiner setup is not as problematic as many have MADE it out to be.
One caveat in my experience, the Block Erupters are my first USB mining devices so I had no baggage from previous installs/configurations.
Sam

The zadig utility was not consistent for me.  I had to run it many times as I added/changed miners.  After a couple dozen chips it finally seemed to keep the settings around and I stopped needing it.  And with bfgminer, they don't need to stay on a particular com port (just run -S all).

Both work well, I just had more consistent results with bfgminer from an early stage, whereas cgminer mixed with moving the hubs/chips around a lot was not a smooth experience initially.

-Redacted-

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 03:33:27 PM

Agree.  When you're running 47 of the things, and they have this annoying tendency to change com-ports every time you reboot, that -S all in bfgminer is a real timesaver.

That said, I do run both miners on various machines under both Windows and Linux (and Raspbian).
os2sam
Legendary

Think for yourself

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 03:41:35 PM
Last edit: July 03, 2013, 10:19:29 PM by os2sam

Agree.  When you're running 47 of the things, and they have this annoying tendency to change com-ports every time you reboot, that -S all in bfgminer is a real timesaver.

That said, I do run both miners on various machines under both Windows and Linux (and Raspbian).

I divvy up my Erupters between 3 different pools so I run three instances of CGMiner and tell each to grab however Icarus devices I want it to and it just grabs what is available and runs.

If I had to map a serial port number to each one I would need to be modifying my .bat files most every time I rebooted or made a configuration change.  When I get all 15 of my devices I can just use --usb ICA:5 and be done and not worry about it.
Sam

-Redacted-

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 05:45:38 PM
Last edit: July 03, 2013, 06:02:27 PM by -Redacted-

I divvy up my Erupters between 3 different pools so I run three instances of CGMiner and tell each to grab however Icarus devices I want it to and it just grabs what is available and runs.

If I had to map a serial port number to each one I would need to be modifying my .bat files most every time I rebooted or made a configuration change.  When I get all 15 of my devices I can just use -ICA:5 and be done and not worry about it.
Sam

Why not just one using Balanced mode and let cgminer balance the work between the three pools?

What params do you use for the three different instances? (and -ICA:5 does what? Limit number of icarus devices to 5? So -ICA:* would grab all of them?)  Do you know if this is working with Anker 10 port USB 3.0 hubs?  It wouldn't in cgminer 3.2.1
AvL42

Activity: 216

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 06:19:59 PM

Why not just one using Balanced mode and let cgminer balance the work between the three pools?

fwiw, I've been trying balanced mode between three pools, and I ended up with a "reject" rate far
above what I was used to.   maybe cgminer (3.2.1) has some bug there, and submitted shares to
wrong pools... After restarting in default failover-mode, the reject-rate dropped back down.

eleuthria (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 06:54:10 PM

New units are confirmed to be ordered with ASICMINER.  All units currently marked on Backorder will begin to get processed as soon as units arrive.  Current estimate is that some will arrive Friday, and the rest on Tuesday.  This means any order currently placed in the system *should* be tested, packaged, and shipped before next Friday, with most shipping between Monday and Wednesday of next week.

win07

Activity: 146

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 10:17:49 PM

Nice pplns earnings today on btcguild.

dnaleor
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000

Want privacy? Use Monero!

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 10:24:01 PM

waiting for the arrival of my block Erupter (next week) and Klondike 16 (september).
Joined the pool today, did all the setup (batch files etc)

It was a bit of work for a newbie, but I managed it Smiley

Hoping all goes well newt week Wink

PS: joined Team Holland Smiley
os2sam
Legendary

Think for yourself

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 10:28:33 PM

What params do you use for the three different instances? (and -ICA:5 does what? Limit number of icarus devices to 5? So -ICA:* would grab all of them?)  Do you know if this is working with Anker 10 port USB 3.0 hubs?  It wouldn't in cgminer 3.2.1

Balance doesn't balance well enough to compare pools objectively.

With 15 Erupters I would use "--usb ICA:5" for each of 3 instances for a total of 15 devices.  That tells CGMiner to use only 5 Icarus devices per instance.  I don't have to worry about which five or what com port they are mapped to, just uses any available five.

If you want CGMiner to grab all Icarus devices then use NO parameters besides your pool info.

Quality control seems to be good enough with the Erupters that you can actually compare apples to apples to see how well a pool is doing.  For instance I can see objectively how much better stratum is than getwork.

I have no idea about Anker USB 3.0 Hubs.  I heard all the trouble others were having with those so I chose to skip that problem altogether and get a USB Hub that would not cause problems.  I guess I'm just odd that way.
Sam

eleuthria (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 10:33:08 PM

I used Anker 10-port USB 3.0 hubs for all my testing.  Had no issues, and was very confident since they weren't running at or above the power rating of the power supply.

-Redacted-

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 10:58:34 PM

I used Anker 10-port USB 3.0 hubs for all my testing.  Had no issues, and was very confident since they weren't running at or above the power rating of the power supply.

So, did you use them with 3.3.1?  I'm having one heck of a time trying to get any of the newer versions of cgminer (3.2.x or 3.3.0) running right under Linux, Windows, OR Raspbian.  I keep reverting back to 3.1.1a or bfgminer and  in Windows, the Silicon labs USB driver for that makes them into COM ports.  

CGMiner 3.3.0a runs with the Erupters under Raspbian, but locks up my Raspberry Pi in under 2 hours - and I'm having one heck of a time getting ANY version running for any period of time under Ubuntu 13.04, either.  I still can't make the combination of CGMiner 3.2.x or 3.3.x and  Anker 3.0 USB hubs work on Windows-7 64 bit, either.  It's either 3.1.1a or bfgminer for me there.
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 11:25:54 PM

More orders:  I'm working to secure another 200-300 units from ASICMINER before they are completely out of inventory.  After that, it will not be possible to restock for another 1-2 weeks.  Anybody trying to place a new order right now is being warned that new orders may require up to 2 weeks to ship, or may be forced to take a refund if stock will not become available.
so how long has it taken you to ship the first 1000 units? from start to finish?
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 11:29:37 PM

925 USB Block Erupters were just shipped in the last hour.  Total units shipped since Saturday: 1,005

This means every unit ordered on Friday in the first 1,000 has now been delivered to USPS and should show up on your Order Status with tracking (may not show up until it departs the local USPS office sometime tonight/tomorrow morning).

1,000 more units are en route and expected to show up around Friday.  Attempting to secure all remaining ASICMINER inventory to add to that 1,000.  They do expect more inventory to become available within 1-2 weeks, at which point I will order more.  Please note the warning that appears when placing an order:  As of right now all 1,000 confirmed ordered units have been ordered+paid for.  Any new orders placed will be waiting at least 1 week if not 2 weeks before inventory is available to ship.

For Customers: Guides will be posted on the BTC Guild website within the next 24 hours on how to setup the miners on Linux or Windows 7.  If you received your units already, I strongly recommend BFGMINER for USB Block Erupters.  There are quite a few guides for how to run them available through the forums at this time.

why not take me up on my offer to help you ship out?  At the moment, I can handle 1000 /day in my facility.
eleuthria (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 01:10:05 AM

why not take me up on my offer to help you ship out?  At the moment, I can handle 1000 /day in my facility.

Because I can receive, unpack, test, and ship 500-700/day on my own.

Update for USB Miner Customers:  Guides are a little delayed, but will be posted up soon on how to properly setup your Block Erupter on both Windows and Linux.  Taking desktop screen caps now as I go step by step on Windows.  Linux will be limited to Ubuntu/Debian compatible guides.

Pages: « 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 [144] 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 ... 425 »
  Print  

Jump to: