Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:40:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 [164] 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 ... 425 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] BTC Guild - Pays TxFees+NMC, Stratum, VarDiff, Private Servers  (Read 902902 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
iamnightelf

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 05:55:24 PM

Do the coupons have an expiration date (and thus needing to make a bunch of one device orders to keep them) or can I just order one at a time as I hit the required amount of Bitcoin?

Why bother with the coupon orders anyway? You can get them CHEAPER than the offer, without worry of an expiration, from other vendors. Do yourselves a favor and buy somewhere else, it is what I have been doing since this fiasco started.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Trongersoll

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 06:00:15 PM

Do the coupons have an expiration date (and thus needing to make a bunch of one device orders to keep them) or can I just order one at a time as I hit the required amount of Bitcoin?

Why bother with the coupon orders anyway? You can get them CHEAPER than the offer, without worry of an expiration, from other vendors. Do yourselves a favor and buy somewhere else, it is what I have been doing since this fiasco started.

So what then, by pissing and moaning and complaining, you hoped he would reward your behavior by giving you what you want and lower the price? I'm curious, just what price do you want to pay for these things?
SoggyLettuce

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 06:03:31 PM

Just checked out the new coupons and even at the coupon price of .4 I don't see it being very viable to purchase another. I would at a price that had a chance of returning at least most of the investment but I don't see that happening until at least .30. Thanks for the coupon program though.
iamnightelf

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 06:05:46 PM

So what then, by pissing and moaning and complaining, you hoped he would reward your behavior by giving you what you want and lower the price? I'm curious, just what price do you want to pay for these things?

I am currently paying .30-.31 btc for them, so Elutheria would have to offer a better price than that (as a coupon) for me to bite. Seriously, with razor sharp margins and near zero ROI, you would think this would be a no-brainer, instead you all say I am whining or complaining. Go figure...

eleuthria (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 06:09:53 PM

I am currently paying .30-.31 btc for them, so Elutheria would have to offer a better price than that (as a coupon) for me to bite. Seriously, with razor sharp margins and near zero ROI, you would think this would be a no-brainer, instead you all say I am whining or complaining. Go figure...

Grats, continue paying that elsewhere.  I've said in the past, I have no intention of dropping my prices to what group buys offer because it is not worth my time.  I'm not going to order thousands of extra units of inventory at a profit margin of 3% (at 0.31 assuming shipping is extra), especially when another price drop by ASICMINER would suddenly eat all the profit I made and then some due to leftover inventory that was purchased pre-pricedrop.

RIP BTC Guild, April 2011 - June 2015
Trongersoll

Activity: 490

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 06:14:42 PM

Can he even buy them at that price? Buying here is the easier than the other places. No creating shipping labels, signing transactions etc. Maybe we are willing to pay a premium for that. Why would he bother with this if he only made a $1 on each one. If they don't sell i suspect the price will drop.
iamnightelf

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 06:16:05 PM

Grats, continue paying that elsewhere.  I've said in the past, I have no intention of dropping my prices to what group buys offer because it is not worth my time.  I'm not going to order thousands of extra units of inventory at a profit margin of 3% (at 0.31 assuming shipping is extra), especially when another price drop by ASICMINER would suddenly eat all the profit I made and then some due to leftover inventory that was purchased pre-pricedrop.

How can others do it and you can't? Hmmm
eleuthria (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 06:27:29 PM

Either ASICMINER is screwing me, or others will happily sell at a $1 or less profit per unit.  Then again, I noticed Canary increased his price to 0.33 and shipping is not included.  You have to print and email your own shipping label for a small flat rate box ($5.15 or more).

centove

Activity: 194

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 06:31:35 PM

I'm having trouble trying to understand just what you are trying to accomplish... You clearly don't like the price here and are quite happy to jump through hoops to get the best price you can, so go do it. I personally don't mind paying a bit more for the convenience & trust. You state others can do it so why don't he.. WHY DO YOU CARE? Eleuthria don't have to do this at all. You don't like the store? Go shop somewhere else! You seem to be on some crusade that people should run THEIR business the way you think they should and by nattering on about it you will make them change. You want to tilt at a windmill go find a BFL thread and natter on in there.

Give me Btc: 1BRkf5bwSVdGCyvu4SyYBiJjEjbNiAQoYd Mine on my node: http://ask.gxsnmp.org:9332/
eleuthria (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 06:32:59 PM

Added a Cancel Order link to unpaid orders, so you can remove them from your order status without sending me an email.

iamnightelf

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 06:46:29 PM

I'm having trouble trying to understand just what you are trying to accomplish... You clearly don't like the price here and are quite happy to jump through hoops to get the best price you can, so go do it. I personally don't mind paying a bit more for the convenience & trust. You state others can do it so why don't he.. WHY DO YOU CARE? Eleuthria don't have to do this at all. You don't like the store? Go shop somewhere else! You seem to be on some crusade that people should run THEIR business the way you think they should and by nattering on about it you will make them change. You want to tilt at a windmill go find a BFL thread and natter on in there.

I could ask you the same thing... WHY DO YOU CARE WHAT I DO WITH MY TIME? You could easily just ignore me, but you aren't, you want answers to your questions but I am not allowed to ask mine? Hypocrisy at its best...
Good for you that YOU are willing to pay a premium (your own description, not mine) for something that can CLEARLY be had for less...(curious behavior for an item that has close to zero chance for a ROI)...
centove

Activity: 194

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 07:01:03 PM

I could ask you the same thing... WHY DO YOU CARE WHAT I DO WITH MY TIME? You could easily just ignore me, but you aren't, you want answers to your questions but I am not allowed to ask mine? Hypocrisy at its best...
Good for you that YOU are willing to pay a premium (your own description, not mine) for something that can CLEARLY be had for less...(curious behavior for an item that has close to zero chance for a ROI)...

Um... cause your cluttering up this thread with it? In any case, wish granted, ignored.

Give me Btc: 1BRkf5bwSVdGCyvu4SyYBiJjEjbNiAQoYd Mine on my node: http://ask.gxsnmp.org:9332/
HTML5 Gordon

Activity: 184

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 07:43:15 PM

Done.  Welcome to "ignore".
iamnightelf

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 09:35:06 PM

Grats, continue paying that elsewhere.  I've said in the past, I have no intention of dropping my prices to what group buys offer because it is not worth my time.  I'm not going to order thousands of extra units of inventory at a profit margin of 3% (at 0.31 assuming shipping is extra), especially when another price drop by ASICMINER would suddenly eat all the profit I made and then some due to leftover inventory that was purchased pre-pricedrop.

Done.  Welcome to "ignore".

Clearly these two are not the sharpest tools in the shed, but I digress... Anybody else want to have a reasonable debate on WHY you would pay more for something that can be had for much less?
I have a couple coupons I would be willing to sell you for a measly .05 btc each... you would still be saving .05 btc over regular price... lol
eleuthria (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 09:53:01 PM

As has been the case all week, new orders have been getting packed every couple hours so that by the time the pickup happens, as many packages will go out as possible.

Some good news for international customers:  Many countries (Australia, New Zealand, Germany, Spain, Netherlands, and others) have started rolling out a deal with USPS which should give you tracking on first class mail all the way to its destination.  I don't know full details on if this includes expedited customs clearance, or if it's guaranteed to track all the way to delivery, but a lot of recent packages are starting to show status up until Delivery instead of stopping once it hits foreign customs.  These new tracking numbers start with 'LZ' instead of 'LJ'. 'CJ' orders for priority are still supposed to include tracking from start to finish.

eleuthria (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 10:06:34 PM

Update on USPS First Class International tracking:

Per the USPS website, the following countries are eligible for the "E-DELCON" (Electronic Delivery Confirmation) International Service:

Australia
Germany
Belgium
Great Britain
Brazil
Israel
Canada
Netherlands
Croatia
New Zealand
Denmark
Spain
France
Switzerland

This fits with what I've been seeing, since recent packages to these countries print out with a "POST EXPRESS" emblem in the upper center of the label. If you're in any of the above countries and considering an order, this should help in your decision on whether you want to pay the extra cost of Priority Mail International.

os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090

Think for yourself

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 11:45:26 PM

I could ask you the same thing... WHY DO YOU CARE WHAT I DO WITH MY TIME?

Your littering our pool support thread with "your time".

You made your point with one or two posts, which could have been shorter, and that should have sufficed to express your opinion.

That's why we care.

Anybody else want to have a reasonable debate on WHY you would pay more for something that can be had for much less?

Take it somewhere else please.

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
iamnightelf

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 01:33:56 AM

I could ask you the same thing... WHY DO YOU CARE WHAT I DO WITH MY TIME?

Your littering our pool support thread with "your time".

You made your point with one or two posts, which could have been shorter, and that should have sufficed to express your opinion.

That's why we care.

Anybody else want to have a reasonable debate on WHY you would pay more for something that can be had for much less?

Take it somewhere else please.

Wow, there really are a bunch of half-wits in here. That one just sailed right over your head, didn't it? I was being facetious.
elasticband
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 08:05:47 AM

it would be good to have a separate thread for the shop
HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 08:29:02 AM

I was being facetious.

You spelt 'trolling' wrong.
Pages: « 1 ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 [164] 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 ... 425 »
  Print  

Jump to: