Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 01:34:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Guncoin(GUN) - GUN Core V2.0 - New Exchange for Guncoin  (Read 187885 times)
Domsue

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 07:00:18 PM

I HAVE NOT BEEN ON FOR AWHILE. I OPENED MY GUNCOIN WALLET. A YELLOW BANNER APPEARED AND STATED THAT I HAVW THE V 1.4 VERSION AND I NEED TO UPDATE IMMEDIATELY.  IHAVE A MAC.  I DOWNLOADED FROM THE SUGGESTED MAC VERSION ON THE PAGE 1 GUNCOIN INFORMATION. IT IS NOT WORKING FOR ME. WHAT HAVE I DONE WRONG? I AM NOT EXTREMELY EDUCATED IN ALL THE LINGO USED TO DO THIS PROPERLY SO IF ANYONE CAN GUIDE ME IN "DUMMY" ENGLISH I WOULD SURELY APPRECIATE IT.   
THANK YOU
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GuncoinInfo

Activity: 781
Merit: 276

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2019, 05:26:05 AM

Yay?! ... masternodes.

I think 5 million is too high.

A good target for total number of masternodes in the first year is a thousand. Then in the second year maybe 2,000. I base this on some of the other MN coins out there. The grand daddy of all MN coins has around 4000 right now.

There have been "sentiment competitions" in 2018 and you can check out the winners or the top ones, look at their coin supply, look at percentage locked.

If maximum coins is 500 million, and you ideally want between 50% to 60% locked up, that's 250 to 300 million. If the target is 3000 nodes, that translates to 100k GUN for a node.

Current supply is 280 million? (Just looking at explorer data.) We can expect around half will turn into masternodes which will count about 1400 nodes. It will keep adding up over time. The rewards for those nodes will average every 2 days.

Then you'd want to get listed on the "new" coinmarketcap of masternodes, such as masternodes.online and have the platform nodes add us, such as GIN and Genarium? (I forget the spelling), and added to nodecheck.io for remote monitoring services which tag you on discord or telegram.

Those instantly expose the coin to thousands more people who have never heard of GUN. There are "portfolio" managers who do nothing but buy masternode coins and use the rewards to provide liquidity to the market.

The price follows. Remember, stick to sound fundamentals. 5 million GUN limits the average masternode count to only 50 over the lifetime of the coin. That's too small and then you're looking like those DPoS coins (delegated proof of stake) like EOS with 21 block producers, each BP using high end hardware. They did raise a billion dollars in their ICO ...

The average MN runs on a VPS that costs about $5 per month.

I don't know what a proper split between the miner/staker and the masternode would be, but I have seen 65/35 and 80/20, both in favor of masternodes.

Usually nodes have the following features:

1. Instant or swift or fast send, either with a fee, or activate by default without a fee. Not something needed really. But good to have there.
2. Obfuscation or zerocoin. You can actually do both, since obfuscation is merely CoinJoin, but zerocoin uses zero knowledge proofs which does not need a MN to do that.
3. Voting rights for governance budgets. 10% of active nodes required to grant a portion of the superblock reward.
4. They hold the collateral. Not on the node itself but locked away in the owner's wallet. This is usually referred to as a hot-cold setup. Or cold-hot. Whichever way you look at it.
5. They all hold the full blockchain. Welps, not a big deal, everyone does. But since they are public and on the masternode list, light SPV wallets know they can connect to them "safely".

You do not want to change or adapt the numbers after they have been decided upon. This will cause a hard fork, and with that a lot of people selling (and buying) and volatility. Or you could change the numbers a few times, depending on consensus, but those need to be very scarce or maybe just once.

TL;DR (summary) Try 100k.

So good to hear from you again and thanks so much for all the valuable input.  A lot of those are our thoughts as well.  My thinking is 500K GUN /MN at this point, but again, that is somewhat limiting in the long term.  But if you look at today's price, it makes more sense.  Of course, once we start coding it, prices will go up as people start accumulating GUN to get a node.  There are some technological aspects for us to overcome and deal with going from where we are to that point, but our programming team thinks it is workable.  Please stay in touch Dabs - always appreciate your constructive inputs.

GUN Address (Donations) - GymMmoKGErzJXx8UFT9ddBzf3SFH4wdWKj
Cheap Servers for Masternodes - https://www.vultr.com/?ref=8153109
Turnkey Masternode Setup - https://www.setupmasternodes.com/ref/guncoininfo/
GuncoinInfo

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2019, 05:31:06 AM

I HAVE NOT BEEN ON FOR AWHILE. I OPENED MY GUNCOIN WALLET. A YELLOW BANNER APPEARED AND STATED THAT I HAVW THE V 1.4 VERSION AND I NEED TO UPDATE IMMEDIATELY.  IHAVE A MAC.  I DOWNLOADED FROM THE SUGGESTED MAC VERSION ON THE PAGE 1 GUNCOIN INFORMATION. IT IS NOT WORKING FOR ME. WHAT HAVE I DONE WRONG? I AM NOT EXTREMELY EDUCATED IN ALL THE LINGO USED TO DO THIS PROPERLY SO IF ANYONE CAN GUIDE ME IN "DUMMY" ENGLISH I WOULD SURELY APPRECIATE IT.   
THANK YOU

OK, first welcome back to the community.  Next yes, we did send a message through wallets running 1.4, 1.5 and 1.5.1 that they needed to upgrade ASAP.  So glad you got that.  I do not use a MAC, so cannot give you detailed instructions, hoping others can help with it.  I would suggest to make sure that you go to the GITHUB site at https://github.com/guncoin/guncoin/releases and make sure you get the most current version and try it again.  We have seen no other MAC issues.

GuncoinInfo

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2019, 05:56:01 PM

Please note that the Maintenance Mode at Cryptopia now is for everyone, not just GUN by any means.  They lost about $2.9MIL in ETH to a hack attack.  Local police are investigating, they hope to be back up shortly.

Domsue

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 06:17:52 PM

THANK YOU

OK, first welcome back to the community.  Next yes, we did send a message through wallets running 1.4, 1.5 and 1.5.1 that they needed to upgrade ASAP.  So glad you got that.  I do not use a MAC, so cannot give you detailed instructions, hoping others can help with it.  I would suggest to make sure that you go to the GITHUB site at https://github.com/guncoin/guncoin/releases and make sure you get the most current version and try it again.  We have seen no other MAC issues.

Keep downloading and when I go to open it I keep getting the same message..Guncoin Core 5” can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.
What do you think I am doing wrong???
GuncoinInfo

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2019, 01:33:28 PM

THANK YOU

Keep downloading and when I go to open it I keep getting the same message..Guncoin Core 5” can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.
What do you think I am doing wrong???

That's the message Macs show when you download outside of the App store. It's not a Guncoin issue but a Mac one. Running the download can be allowed from the security tab in the system settings, tell them to Google the error if they need more information, it's pretty standard.

GuncoinInfo

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2019, 01:36:33 PM

Please note that the Maintenance Mode at Cryptopia now is for everyone, not just GUN by any means.  They lost about $2.9MIL in ETH to a hack attack.  Local police are investigating, they hope to be back up shortly.

Believe there's no hack.
They noticed guys inside left with half the money at least.
I have my own source.

We have different sources then - here is the transactions where the ETH disappeared that everyone is following......19390 ETH.

https://etherscan.io/tx/0x8a7c2b34f23eee02401e7c3fa1ea2ce8d3132e7ca3811d673ca35898c9535aae

Elder III

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 01:49:17 AM

Yay?! ... masternodes.

A good target for total number of masternodes in the first year is a thousand. Then in the second year maybe 2,000. I base this on some of the other MN coins out there. The grand daddy of all MN coins has around 4000 right now.

There have been "sentiment competitions" in 2018 and you can check out the winners or the top ones, look at their coin supply, look at percentage locked.

If maximum coins is 500 million, and you ideally want between 50% to 60% locked up, that's 250 to 300 million. If the target is 3000 nodes, that translates to 100k GUN for a node.

Current supply is 280 million? (Just looking at explorer data.) We can expect around half will turn into masternodes which will count about 1400 nodes. It will keep adding up over time. The rewards for those nodes will average every 2 days.

Then you'd want to get listed on the "new" coinmarketcap of masternodes, such as masternodes.online and have the platform nodes add us, such as GIN and Genarium? (I forget the spelling), and added to nodecheck.io for remote monitoring services which tag you on discord or telegram.

Those instantly expose the coin to thousands more people who have never heard of GUN. There are "portfolio" managers who do nothing but buy masternode coins and use the rewards to provide liquidity to the market.

The price follows. Remember, stick to sound fundamentals. 5 million GUN limits the average masternode count to only 50 over the lifetime of the coin. That's too small and then you're looking like those DPoS coins (delegated proof of stake) like EOS with 21 block producers, each BP using high end hardware. They did raise a billion dollars in their ICO ...

I don't know what a proper split between the miner/staker and the masternode would be, but I have seen 65/35 and 80/20, both in favor of masternodes.

1. Instant or swift or fast send, either with a fee, or activate by default without a fee. Not something needed really. But good to have there.
2. Obfuscation or zerocoin. You can actually do both, since obfuscation is merely CoinJoin, but zerocoin uses zero knowledge proofs which does not need a MN to do that.
3. Voting rights for governance budgets. 10% of active nodes required to grant a portion of the superblock reward.
4. They hold the collateral. Not on the node itself but locked away in the owner's wallet. This is usually referred to as a hot-cold setup. Or cold-hot. Whichever way you look at it.
5. They all hold the full blockchain. Welps, not a big deal, everyone does. But since they are public and on the masternode list, light SPV wallets know they can connect to them "safely".

You do not want to change or adapt the numbers after they have been decided upon. This will cause a hard fork, and with that a lot of people selling (and buying) and volatility. Or you could change the numbers a few times, depending on consensus, but those need to be very scarce or maybe just once.

So good to hear from you again and thanks so much for all the valuable input.  A lot of those are our thoughts as well.  My thinking is 500K GUN /MN at this point, but again, that is somewhat limiting in the long term.  But if you look at today's price, it makes more sense.  Of course, once we start coding it, prices will go up as people start accumulating GUN to get a node.  There are some technological aspects for us to overcome and deal with going from where we are to that point, but our programming team thinks it is workable.  Please stay in touch Dabs - always appreciate your constructive inputs.

I agree that 500K for a masternode at current prices is more then reasonable, but as you said - the price will go up once people find out about masternode implementation plans.  I think the price could jump up 10x very very fast, or even triple that if a few dozen people decide to snatch up a masternode.  With that in mind I think something in the 100k-250K might be a good idea.  If Cryptopia was online I'd take a look at the order books and try to calculate how much the price would rise if 20-30 people all bought a masternode right now.... Smiley
GuncoinInfo

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2019, 11:15:07 PM
Last edit: January 18, 2019, 03:31:12 AM by GuncoinInfo

Yay?! ... masternodes.

I agree that 500K for a masternode at current prices is more then reasonable, but as you said - the price will go up once people find out about masternode implementation plans.  I think the price could jump up 10x very very fast, or even triple that if a few dozen people decide to snatch up a masternode.  With that in mind I think something in the 100k-250K might be a good idea.  If Cryptopia was online I'd take a look at the order books and try to calculate how much the price would rise if 20-30 people all bought a masternode right now.... Smiley

You are correct, we are thinking 100K-250K is probably better for the long term.   The first ones in will get a good deal for sure for the long term..... Once Cryptopia solves their theft issue, we will see where our price settles at over the next few weeks and then we will decide.

dnp

Activity: 401
Merit: 110

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2019, 12:06:51 PM

Once Cryptopia solves their theft issue, we will see where our price settles at over the next few weeks and then we will decide.

i admire your optimism Smiley

from a discussion specific to the cryptopia situation: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5097916.0

"given there is a police investigation, could be months if not years for the NZ Police to establish what was taken and by whom.  Firstly there is the theft in January 2019 of Crypto to investigate, then there is the issue of potentially trading while insolvent due to Cryptopia being unable to repay to depositors funds that had been stolen via 51% attacks in the second half of 2018. Then there are the class actions to recover funds by depositors to be considered. In all likely-hood an administrator would be likely be appointed to forensically examine which accounts owned what and seek a determination from a Judge how best to distribute to the masses funds from both hot and cold wallets which is why I am trying to gather together in this thread proof of what crypto was stolen and what hot and cold wallets have been left intact (not to mention any class actions & news articles on the Police's investigation and the NZ Crown's DPP potentially laying charges ( and the time frames those proceedings might take) ).

Get yourself a pen and paper and write down as many details as you can about your own account.

user name, password, email address - any 2FA and any recovery codes. Deposits. Withdrawls. What coins were up for sale (or buy). Even your Karma score.

Given that it could be years - put that sheet of paper in a safe place. Memories, Hard Drives and Mobile phones come and go, a sheet of paper in a safe place can be the key to recovering your funds in a few years time."

Explorer and full node hosting at explorer.dognose.net
GuncoinInfo

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2019, 02:49:49 PM

Once Cryptopia solves their theft issue, we will see where our price settles at over the next few weeks and then we will decide.

i admire your optimism Smiley

from a discussion specific to the cryptopia situation: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5097916.0

"given there is a police investigation, could be months if not years for the NZ Police to establish what was taken and by whom.  Firstly there is the theft in January 2019 of Crypto to investigate, then there is the issue of potentially trading while insolvent due to Cryptopia being unable to repay to depositors funds that had been stolen via 51% attacks in the second half of 2018. Then there are the class actions to recover funds by depositors to be considered. In all likely-hood an administrator would be likely be appointed to forensically examine which accounts owned what and seek a determination from a Judge how best to distribute to the masses funds from both hot and cold wallets which is why I am trying to gather together in this thread proof of what crypto was stolen and what hot and cold wallets have been left intact (not to mention any class actions & news articles on the Police's investigation and the NZ Crown's DPP potentially laying charges ( and the time frames those proceedings might take) ).

Get yourself a pen and paper and write down as many details as you can about your own account.

user name, password, email address - any 2FA and any recovery codes. Deposits. Withdrawls. What coins were up for sale (or buy). Even your Karma score.

Given that it could be years - put that sheet of paper in a safe place. Memories, Hard Drives and Mobile phones come and go, a sheet of paper in a safe place can be the key to recovering your funds in a few years time."

Well, for starters 51% attacks and BTC 0.16 attacks that they suffered were not necessarily their fault - the coins code and security or lack thereof had a lot to do with it.  Unlike most coins, GUN replaced our coins with a code update and fixed the problem and got trading again.  Most coins do not have the ability or common sense how to do that.  Coins that were attacked were shut down once they were found out.  So there is no insolvent trading going on, they were only trading coins that were functional and had not been hacked or had been fixed when this happened.  As to how long they stay down, there is no way to tell.  Most of what I read in that thread, other than police reports are pure guesswork.  The real truth is not going to be advertised for sure, common sense dictates that.  We will see where it ends up.  My source says the police have already collected all they can.  Whether they let them open again soon is still up for debate.

GuncoinInfo

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2019, 04:35:26 PM

Guncoin has been added to the voting list for SouthXchange.com.  We really like this exchange as another option for trading Guncoin.  HOWEVER, like all exchanges, it costs money to get listed.  In this case, the entire community can contribute to the cause by voting.  Each vote costs 0.001 BTC.  We need a minimum of 500 votes to be considered for listing.  So all of you who have been begging for another exchange, this is your chance to help.

https://www.southxchange.com/Home/Vote

Elder III

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 11:34:13 PM

We could try to get listed on the community vote on txbit.io  It's free and they are one of the few small projects  (linked with Solaris) that has both survived the bear market and aren't either unprofessional or incompetent.  I also place a reasonable amount of trust in them since I've been mining/using/staking Solaris almost since it launched nearly 2 full years ago.  I can't think of any other project of similar size that I still have equal faith and optimism in over the past 2 years.

https://voting.txbit.io/
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 10:20:07 PM

I escrowed the dev fund of Solaris too. So that's GUN (for the ICO in 2014), and XLR. They've since ran out (because bear market), however I'm still around their discord just in case I'm needed again (most probably when a governance proposal is activated, it is a masternode coin.)

GuncoinInfo

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2019, 03:09:21 PM

Guncoin is now in the Top 10 on the Voting list for SouthXchange.com.  You can help Guncoin get listed on this great exchange by voting for us there - that is the only way they accept new coins.  The more votes we get, the better our chances of getting listed there.  Even one vote helps!

GuncoinInfo

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2019, 12:24:19 AM

Guncoin is now in the Top 10 on the Voting list for SouthXchange.com.  You can help Guncoin get listed on this great exchange by voting for us there - that is the only way they accept new coins.  The more votes we get, the better our chances of getting listed there.  Even one vote helps!

Help us get Guncoin (GUN) listed. on Southxchange.com.  Please give us as many votes as you can at https://www.southxchange.com/Home/Vote .  Right now, GUN is in the top 10 - need your votes to move up to the top!

TheSignsGuy

Activity: 318
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 10:51:00 AM

Help us get Guncoin (GUN) listed. on Southxchange.com.  Please give us as many votes as you can at https://www.southxchange.com/Home/Vote .  Right now, GUN is in the top 10 - need your votes to move up to the top!

We are up to number 5 now!!!

Let's try to make it there before tomorrow, post about your donation today and I'll match it tonight, woohoo!

TheSignsGuy

View Profile
January 30, 2019, 06:04:22 PM

We are tied now in 4th place on SouthXchange for being voted onto their exchange.

Pretty good, but I am sure we can do better!

So......I will leave my offer up to vote with GUN to get us there, including matching the value, AND leave my offer of matching BTC too... for now.

theoutdoors

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 30, 2019, 07:30:33 PM

Looks like the SSL certificate for the official pool has expired. Can someone look into this?

Since I work in the Internet security field, I'm always leery of logging into sites with invalid or expired certificates, even more so when it comes to cryptocurrency.
TheSignsGuy

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 04:35:54 AM

It looks like GUN is in a solid 4th regarding the voting over at SouthXchange.
https://www.southxchange.com/Home/Vote

BTW, I realized that without the competition of miners, being we are temporarily exchangeless, it is a great time to mine at the official pool.
Very nice seeing more GUN come in that way :-)
Pages: « 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 »
  Print  

Jump to: