Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:07:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptocurrency to be Taught in Schools?  (Read 3615 times)
aces777

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 08:28:27 AM

Hi guys!
I'm pretty sure that many of you have been experiencing difficulty on making other people aware of cryptocurrency and how it works, right? I myself find it hard to explain it even to my own family. Once you mention it to them, the first thing that comes to their mind is that it's a scam. Can't blame them though because the news about crypto scams are always hyped in social media and believe me, even my 70 year old mom has Facebook!

Anyway, I realized that this is the case because there has never really been any formal education about it at all. We knew about it only thru word of the mouth right and we only got to learn it slowly thru experience. This said, I'm thinking, what if it's taught in schools? Perhaps just start with those taking Accountancy or Banking and Finance courses to begin with, then eventually incorporate it to Mathematics subject or whatever in High School? After all, they were able to do that with banking, right? Why not with cryptocurrency? What do you think?
I don't think there will be any reason that cryptos need to be taught in schools, they are just a currency like any other and it can just be learned about during the day to day activities of life, maybe they will be taught to finance majors because of the fact that they are used as investment to make money in the long run but in high schools, very unlikely

▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  █████████████████▀      ▀████████████████▀      ▀████████
▄█████████     ████████████████   ▄██▄   ██████████████   ▄██▄   ███████▄
████████████   ███████████████████████   ████████████████████▀   ████████
████████████   █████████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████     █████████
████████████   ███████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████████▄   ████████
▀███████████   █████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████   ▀██▀   ███████▀
███████████   ████████████████          ███████████████▄      ▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀
swapSwap, Earn, Bridge, Mint Crypto
& NFT in Multiple Chains

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Apes

Activity: 1316
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 08:35:04 AM

Crypto currency does not need to be studied during school. What is the point? like us whether formally studied FIAT. the introduction of crypto currency during school was necessary but in my opinion it would not be useful.
malading

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 08:50:49 AM

Usually education is backward, and this kind of education may only be realized in universities or famous universities. It is hoped that the popularization of cryptocurrency knowledge will take decades. In 2028, perhaps cryptocurrency will become a compulsory course.

voteformeg
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 09:16:27 AM

Hi guys!
I'm pretty sure that many of you have been experiencing difficulty on making other people aware of cryptocurrency and how it works, right? I myself find it hard to explain it even to my own family. Once you mention it to them, the first thing that comes to their mind is that it's a scam. Can't blame them though because the news about crypto scams are always hyped in social media and believe me, even my 70 year old mom has Facebook!

Anyway, I realized that this is the case because there has never really been any formal education about it at all. We knew about it only thru word of the mouth right and we only got to learn it slowly thru experience. This said, I'm thinking, what if it's taught in schools? Perhaps just start with those taking Accountancy or Banking and Finance courses to begin with, then eventually incorporate it to Mathematics subject or whatever in High School? After all, they were able to do that with banking, right? Why not with cryptocurrency? What do you think?
i think that the younger people will learn more about crypto then we do , they learn from eachother and i am sure that the school will also learn them already about crypto
Freddy63

SESSIA

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 09:18:43 AM

This is my dream. I want my son to be taught crypto at school. At the same time I can do it by myself and it will be his competitive advantage.
But for mass market this measure is a requirement

[ S E S S I A ] NEW GENERATION SOCIAL NETWORK
twitter    ◾ telegram     (❪  W H I T E P A P E R  ❫)
GET APP  ❱❱❱  ► Google Play   ► App Store
Bonwin

Activity: 798
Merit: 38

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 09:39:04 AM

Hi guys!

It's a good idea, but  before it can be integrated into the schools system, it would have first received widespread adoption, most especially adopting it almost allover the world, if not the entire world, but presently it remains what can be learnt outside the walls of formal educational settings.
CEOKEY

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 09:45:45 AM

Electronic money can become the future of financial markets and will be popular all over the world. This depends on the government's acceptance and support of crypto. Therefore, it would be reasonable if it was taught in schools. I think the problem is just the time sooner or later.
vanya.pronin.1983

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 09:56:06 AM

There are already a lot of universities that are offering blockchain courses. But I think it is too early to do this in schools. We have not yet reached this level of mass adoption, but as soon as we reach this level, I am sure, that crypto will be taught in schools.
Pline

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 09:56:06 AM

I am inspired to see new generation to be taught crypto currency and blockchain at school. It will be a positive step in education. I bet it is something we should aim in nearest future.
What about crypto lessons in universities?
hellyeahent

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 10:28:06 AM

I would be very happy if I had the opportunity to study cryptocurrencies when I was in school. I think it would have the most positive impact on me as a person and I could already cool to make
NgoLina

Activity: 60
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 10:40:57 AM
Merited by oginiimaoyani (1)

Hi guys!

Cryptocurrency has come to stay because of its intrinsic benefits to the society,for it to achieve massive adoption it need to be incorporated in the school curriculum of the various countries of the world,cryptocurrency is like the paradox box that has been opened and can not be closed any longer. Thanks
shvetseu

Activity: 268
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 10:46:06 AM

Is it that usefull skill or something else? Maybe, it shouldn`t be crypto, but it can be investment lessons or lesson of financial literacy
Applechild

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 10:56:01 AM

Until such a time where there will be massive adoption of cryptocurrency and the technology of blockchain, teaching in school wont be easy. the government has to accept it and introduce it to the mass to clarify the ill orientation on the side of the masses or society. until them it remain like a scam as you rightly say.
Mumbeeptind1963

Activity: 1190
Merit: 568

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2018, 10:59:36 AM

Is it that usefull skill or something else? Maybe, it shouldn`t be crypto, but it can be investment lessons or lesson of financial literacy
I think its good a news once the cryptocurrency taught by in school so that those who want to have knowledge in crypto will easily for them to used it once they have basic knowledge about it. Also cryptocurrency is one of the way to earn so once it taught by school surely those student who want to earn while studying will give opportunity to those student to have part time through crypto.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Volk-05

Merit: 1

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 11:20:21 AM

It is very likely that we are approaching such a time when cryptocurrency needs to be studied at an elementary school or at an institute!
cryptogeek101

Activity: 798

homt.net

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2018, 04:40:49 PM

Hi guys!

I think it's quite necessary to educate the masses about cryptocurrency through different medium,i am suggesting incorporating cryptocurrency in our high school curriculum to enable the students understand the basic concepts about the cryptocurrency blockchain technology, this will lead to masses adoption of the crypto.

HOMT