Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:56:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53]
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC is simply just to cheat bounty hunters.  (Read 79922 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

HiveNet - Distributed Cloud Computing

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 10:19:09 PM

To my understanding, KYC is done to sort out the genuine investors and bounty hunters from the scammers. However, everything has its pros and cons

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
darkangel

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 10:20:13 PM

It may not be necessarily true although it can be used as a tool to disqualify hunters who could not perform the identity verification especially in cases where it wasn't announced initially that thete will be a kyc. Otherwise, it a good tool to checkmate money laundering and other forms of fraud
Corer

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

StableDex | Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 10:25:58 PM

From the very start ask your bounty manager if the rules are already firm and final.

But the sad thing is before you are going to ask them, you'll see one rule that allowed them to change any rule as they wish.

KYC to me is a way that most BM uses to scam bounty hunters of their reward after working tirelessly, I can remember a project I did campaign for and I kept asking if there is KYC and I was assured no KYC only for them to bring it up during distribution and that's was how I lost that token

✦ ✕     stableDEX.io     |||[    IEO is live on ExMarkets    ]    ✕ ✦
━ ━━ ━━━  100% Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective  ━━━ ━━ ━[/center
tracyhayley

Activity: 652
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 10:35:08 PM

I won't do some kyc if they won't paid me more than $1500. I think it's not worth for us to do some kyc for just some pennies. So, be careful not to share your own privacy with untrustworthy projects.

Oppo57
Copper Member

Activity: 1078
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 11:26:42 AM

Some time many bounty manager give kyc it's so much hard. Its so much suffering for bounty hunter. I want to simple kyc for bounty hunter . Just NID ,picture  address give.

███    TWITTER     █████████████████ MOCKTAIL ████████████████████     WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                  ██████      FIRST SEMI-FUNGIBLE TOKEN ON BSC     █████    SMART CONTRACT    ███
███  TELEGRAM  █████████████████     SWAP      ███████████████████       PANCAKE      ███
EL-NIDO

Activity: 629
Merit: 108

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 03:00:18 PM

I am never participating in any bounty campaigns that requires KYC. But the sad thing is that the project team can change their rules anytime. After the work is done they will ask for KYC.
travwill

Activity: 1313
Merit: 278

View Profile
June 26, 2019, 10:37:49 PM

The worst KYC procedure was done by Imusify.
They changed their mind and all bounty hunters were required to pass KYC. They extended the bounty campaign, it was okay, but extension for KYC was rejected. So we worked few months for nothing.  Cry

In the first I hear about it. I worked with the project from the very beginning of the company's bounty, and I want to assure you that the requirement for passing the verification procedure was from the very start of the company.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██                ▄▄▄███████▄▄                 ██
██             ▄███▀▀        ▀▀▄               ██
██▄▄███████▀  ███▀                             ██
██▀█▄▄       ███▀   ▐███████▄    ▄██▄          ██
██  ▀███▄▄▄ ███▌    ▐██    ██    ▀██▀          ██
██      ▀▀█████▌    ▐███████▀           ▀▀██▄▄ ██
██          ███▌    ▐██ ▄▄▄                 ▀████
██           ███▄   ▐██  ▀██▄ ▀▀▀███████████▀▀ ██
██            ████▄             ▄█▀            ██
██             ▀████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀              ██
██                ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀                ██
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
VIRTUAL WORLDS
BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
D I S C O R D     
M E D I U M     
G I T B O O K     
olabiyijummy02

Activity: 239
Merit: 17

View Profile
June 26, 2019, 11:00:36 PM

I don't see any valid reason why biunth hunters should have to undergo kyc procedures before they can get paid for the services they have provided. This is a wrong practice because the identity of these blunt hunters can easily be compromised. Additionally, kyc is pointless because investors can get the same tokens on exchange

███    TWITTER     █████████████████ MOCKTAIL ████████████████████     WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                  ██████      FIRST SEMI-FUNGIBLE TOKEN ON BSC     █████    SMART CONTRACT    ███
███  TELEGRAM  █████████████████     SWAP      ███████████████████       PANCAKE      ███
luigi3

Activity: 109
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2019, 11:16:23 PM

I really think it was,and absolutely why they should put kyc verification in bounty and they will put it before the hunters job are near to end? For my own opinion kyc or giving identity is unnecessary and they should understand it they need to be fair and need to pay what the workers of them does.

●  ●  ●    CryptoMarketAds    ●  ●  ●
►  Democratize Crypto Advertising & Marketing  ◄
styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
June 27, 2019, 04:57:55 AM

I don't think KYC is just to cheat bounty hunters. A project should be clear from the beginning about whether KYC is required, and if it isn't mentioned then it's worth asking the bounty manager. But it's true that crypto has an unclear legal position, and sometimes projects don't know about KYC requirements until partway through the process. Really I think this is more a sign of a lack of professionalism rather than a scam to reduce bounty.
ttcsalam
Copper Member

Activity: 1120
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 27, 2019, 10:39:11 AM

Just said that. No one gives support to the Bounty Hunter. Apart from this, there is a lot of disrespect for Hunter's favor. So I think Hunter should be able to arrange for payment so that he can easily get the payment.

███    TWITTER     █████████████████ KeyFund ████████████████████     WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                  ██████  AUTONOMOUS YIELD TOKEN - DEFLATIONARY MECHANISM  █████    FACEBOOK PAGE    ███
███  TELEGRAM  █████████████████     SWAP      ███████████████████       MEDIUM      ███
Sendi blackspade team

Activity: 941
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2019, 10:56:28 AM

I don't think KYC is just to cheat bounty hunters. A project should be clear from the beginning about whether KYC is required, and if it isn't mentioned then it's worth asking the bounty manager. But it's true that crypto has an unclear legal position, and sometimes projects don't know about KYC requirements until partway through the process. Really I think this is more a sign of a lack of professionalism rather than a scam to reduce bounty.
but I still think that KYC is important for bounty hunters. whether it's from the project or from the bounty manager himself who asks the participants to do KYC.
not only to reduce fraud, but the data collection of members participating in the campaign is also important, because sometimes there really are bounty hunters who cheat by following campaigns with multiple accounts. especially in the signature campaign.
kamudd

Activity: 466
Merit: 100

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
June 27, 2019, 03:30:14 PM

In my opinion KYC is indeed necessary for bounty hunters but it is absolutely true that it must be done at the beginning of the campaign so that it can minimize the side that feels disadvantaged either from the project owner or from the bounty hunters.

rizkyfebrian213xx

Activity: 742
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 27, 2019, 04:19:57 PM

I'm participate on bounty like from 2017 , and that year I didn't found KYC rules on my participated bounty.
And then 2018 , I found just few bounty which make KYC rules on their bounty because at that time , this bounty is legit & from popular coins/tokens. I forgot what bounty it is.
And now 2019 , I found like a lot of bounty is necessary to do KYC before receive payment. No matter is from popular coins/tokens or from new coming coins/tokens (I mean ICO coins/tokens).
For me , its okay to do KYC but just on popular & verified project (verified team too).
I Like Bitcoin
Copper Member

Activity: 448
Merit: 14

View Profile
June 27, 2019, 04:49:19 PM

but I still think that KYC is important for bounty hunters. whether it's from the project or from the bounty manager himself who asks the participants to do KYC.
not only to reduce fraud, but the data collection of members participating in the campaign is also important, because sometimes there really are bounty hunters who cheat by following campaigns with multiple accounts. especially in the signature campaign.
Of course, there are situations when non-conscientious bounty hunters register several accounts in one company or another. And the KYC procedure to some extent helps to eliminate such deception.

campusnet

Activity: 481
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 27, 2019, 04:52:08 PM

Of course, there are situations when non-conscientious bounty hunters register several accounts in one company or another. And the KYC procedure to some extent helps to eliminate such deception.
but if you see the payment given is not so in accordance with the work and the document provided I think KYC is also not a good choice. maybe KYC given will be feasible if the bounty hunter also gets a decent fee.

Mila52

Activity: 1022
Merit: 106

View Profile
June 27, 2019, 05:11:04 PM

I understand the project's team, which wants to protect itself from the cheaters. But all conditions and KYC, including those, must be specified at the beginning of the project. Requiring KYC at the last stage of the bounty, the team often simply finds the reason for not paying remuneration to hunters, often without explaining why  their KYC was rejected and not accepted.
r1a2y3m4

Activity: 504
Merit: 127

Match365> be a part of 150BTC inviting bonus

View Profile
June 27, 2019, 05:13:06 PM

Some people are using the KYC profile of an investors to scam other people. And the scammer of the team behind that bounty are the personalities to do that. It's an immoral thing to do that isn't it? First, using other person's identity is a crime. Just by applying their signature, could lead you to danger. What will happen if the identity was used.

DES_MX

Activity: 216
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 27, 2019, 06:54:23 PM

I actually really don't aid the reasoning this KYC is actually a method for cheating resources searchers. Them exclusively results in being uneasy plus above market whether it is never said at the beginning of your resources application nonetheless eventually may get implemented down and also at the end of your resources. KYC may be for proof applications and then to wipe out two bottle blog posts plus Android.
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53]
  Print  

Jump to: