Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:23:10 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [PoW] [PoS] VEIL - Privacy without compromise  (Read 65401 times)
motienvolam

Activity: 291
Merit: 20

I love my wife and my little girl

View Profile
June 03, 2019, 11:39:58 PM

Mobile wallet is planned and will eventually be released, but it is correct that other development tasks are being prioritized. Right now, our devs are focusing on implementing a solution to a major Zerocoin vulnerability and re-enabling Zerocoin protocol privacy, and developing the new privacy protocol that will replace Zerocoin in the future.
It is good to know the priorities of VEIL team at the moment. I saw some projects move to use source code of STRATIS as alternative for source code of Zero coin that is vulnerable and lots of bugs found many times. Would you mind disclosing more for me and others on the current plans of VEIL team to solve Zerocoin vulnerability, please. It seems that (based on your words above) the team will still stick with Zerocoin  protocol with coming improvements. Are there plans to switch to other source codes?
igorttomic
Copper Member

Activity: 196
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2019, 06:09:38 PM

Messari AMA with Veil's founder James Burden: https://www.publish0x.com/veil-project/messari-ama-with-veils-founder-james-burden-xwqqnm

Check out Publish0x BitcoinTalk ANN here. Publish0x is a crypto agnostic publishing platform on which both authors and readers earn crypto. Connect via Telegram - http://t.me/Publish0x
studio1one

Activity: 1218
Merit: 500

BintexFutures

View Profile
June 05, 2019, 04:39:09 AM

As admins, we're not supposed to talk about price. We don't know the factors for sure, but one that probably has contributed to price decrease was the Zerocoin vulnerability that was discovered, and we had to prevent from being used by temporarily disabling Zerocoin protocol. The vulnerability HAS NOT been used in Veil. Also, we plan to re-enable Zerocoin so that Zerocoin privacy goes live again, and we plan to implement some new privacy protocols and migrate away from Zerocoin to a more scalable private transaction system.

Is there any ETA for when you guys are planning to reimplement the zerocoin protocol into the chain? Or is it already implemented on the testnet version of the chain?

BINTEX

Powered by,
Wayan_Pedjeng

Activity: 913
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 05, 2019, 01:09:52 PM

With the price going down at the moment we can expect the staking difficulty to rise even further up. Even with 6k Veils, it's getting harder to get a stake every 3-7 days.

Please excuse my ignorance. Is it possible to do PoS mining with just 6,000 Veil? I thought that for doing that you need to have a minimum of 10,000 Veil in your wallet. Anyway, the decrease in mining reward is good news for people like me. That means that the supply of coins is reduced and the exchange rates may rise due to the scarcity.
Pon13

Activity: 670
Merit: 130

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2019, 02:01:38 PM

With the price going down at the moment we can expect the staking difficulty to rise even further up. Even with 6k Veils, it's getting harder to get a stake every 3-7 days.

Please excuse my ignorance. Is it possible to do PoS mining with just 6,000 Veil? I thought that for doing that you need to have a minimum of 10,000 Veil in your wallet. Anyway, the decrease in mining reward is good news for people like me. That means that the supply of coins is reduced and the exchange rates may rise due to the scarcity.

you can stake 10, 100, 1000, 10k stacks of veil.

Bill Hicks was right about....everything
lemonandfriesonetwo

Activity: 655
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 05, 2019, 02:43:10 PM

As admins, we're not supposed to talk about price. We don't know the factors for sure, but one that probably has contributed to price decrease was the Zerocoin vulnerability that was discovered, and we had to prevent from being used by temporarily disabling Zerocoin protocol. The vulnerability HAS NOT been used in Veil. Also, we plan to re-enable Zerocoin so that Zerocoin privacy goes live again, and we plan to implement some new privacy protocols and migrate away from Zerocoin to a more scalable private transaction system.

Is there any ETA for when you guys are planning to reimplement the zerocoin protocol into the chain? Or is it already implemented on the testnet version of the chain?

When the developers stop dumping all the coins they have been staking and all the superblocks they have staked unfairly against the community.

That's when they will not be able to use the excuse of the "zerocoin protocol bug".

If you don't believe me check how big the superblocks they stake are and why are they staking them anonymously.

I hope their greed doesn't end up killing their coin.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
CLywaTeLb

Activity: 770
Merit: 101

send and receive money instantly, no hidden costs

View Profile
June 05, 2019, 03:54:43 PM

It seems, most likely the opposite. The decrease in mining reward is associated with an increase in complexity, the emission is the same.
In this case, you will get a reward less often, and large holders will receive a large part. They can sell rewards of the same volume, but already from a limited number of holders.

lemonandfriesonetwo

Activity: 655
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 03:40:52 PM

It seems, most likely the opposite. The decrease in mining reward is associated with an increase in complexity, the emission is the same.
In this case, you will get a reward less often, and large holders will receive a large part. They can sell rewards of the same volume, but already from a limited number of holders.

Many hold thousands of veil but after seeing how much the developers are using their hundreds of thousands of veil to stake, why even bother to stake if developers will receive over 90% of rewards on top of the superblocks they mine? Do you trust them not to dump when they stake and mine anonymously? Do you really believe they are not dumping without any proof except "believe us"? Many of us believed them through pivx and look how they sold pivx project without notice to some of their most loyal users.

edit: By the way I hold thousands of veil, way more than I should for what I see developers are doing. I believe they are good at coding and have exceptional talent, but the problem is they have gotten too greedy and many are worried they will dump veil when every chance they have. They have not published proof they are not dumping. Proof in blockchain world is very important.
Crypto_FM91

Activity: 12
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 04:38:01 PM

Wayan_Pedjeng

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 05:31:05 PM

If this is true, then I will try my luck with PoS mining this weekend. I have somewhere around 120 Veil in my wallet and although the chances of getting a reward is very low, I want to try mining just for fun. In my laptop I have a few other altcoin wallets and I do PoS mining for these coins simultaneously. Just hope that Veil mining will not cause any incompatibility.
Sellman

Activity: 406
Merit: 112

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 11:29:17 PM

If this is true, then I will try my luck with PoS mining this weekend. I have somewhere around 120 Veil in my wallet and although the chances of getting a reward is very low, I want to try mining just for fun. In my laptop I have a few other altcoin wallets and I do PoS mining for these coins simultaneously. Just hope that Veil mining will not cause any incompatibility.
Small numbers of coins will give you very low competitive ability to find blocks, hence very low rewards from staking. Moreover, staking via laptop and multiple-coin staking, I don't think you should do this, because your laptop might be fastly destroyed. Using VPS service is better option, with only $5 per month or even lower cost if you choose to pay per quarter or longer period. Personally, even you have mining rigs, you should also not stake your coins on rigs, instead VPS is always better option for stakers or masternode holders.
Pon13

Activity: 670
Merit: 130

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2019, 05:45:48 AM

Then you stake 100 + 10 + 10 or 12 x 10

Bill Hicks was right about....everything
Wayan_Pedjeng

View Profile
June 07, 2019, 01:41:49 PM

Small numbers of coins will give you very low competitive ability to find blocks, hence very low rewards from staking. Moreover, staking via laptop and multiple-coin staking, I don't think you should do this, because your laptop might be fastly destroyed. Using VPS service is better option, with only $5 per month or even lower cost if you choose to pay per quarter or longer period. Personally, even you have mining rigs, you should also not stake your coins on rigs, instead VPS is always better option for stakers or masternode holders.

My laptop is quite old and I may need to discard it sometime soon. So mining 2-3 hours a day, just for fun isn't going to cause any harm, I guess. Hiring VPS is a good option. But with just 100 coins, the mining reward is going to be much lower than $5 per month. I am trying to increase the size of my holdings. Once that is done, I'll consider getting a VPS service.
Sellman

Activity: 406
Merit: 112

View Profile
June 08, 2019, 12:20:39 AM

My laptop is quite old and I may need to discard it sometime soon. So mining 2-3 hours a day, just for fun isn't going to cause any harm, I guess. Hiring VPS is a good option. But with just 100 coins, the mining reward is going to be much lower than $5 per month. I am trying to increase the size of my holdings. Once that is done, I'll consider getting a VPS service.
Even your laptop is old, I don't think you should use it to try staking. Because such old devices are less-efficient operating, so it will somehow decrease staking performance. There are obviously so many other factors that affect staking performance, staking weight (total coins use to stake); staking chunks (split threshold you set to split your coins into chunks and stake each chunk); network difficutly, and so on; but if your devices can not operate smoothly, staking process will be affected too.
Wayan_Pedjeng

View Profile
June 08, 2019, 04:49:24 AM

Even your laptop is old, I don't think you should use it to try staking. Because such old devices are less-efficient operating, so it will somehow decrease staking performance. There are obviously so many other factors that affect staking performance, staking weight (total coins use to stake); staking chunks (split threshold you set to split your coins into chunks and stake each chunk); network difficutly, and so on; but if your devices can not operate smoothly, staking process will be affected too.

OK. I will just try it once, for one or two hours and then get a VPS if the rewards are good. Since I have only a small number of coins, the staking weight may be very small. But still I have big expectations for Veil and small mining rewards can be significant when the coin undergoes a bull run sometime in the future. I have studied Veil over the past few weeks and I am very excited about this coin.
JoenNL

Activity: 571
Merit: 18

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2019, 10:57:19 AM

OK. I will just try it once, for one or two hours and then get a VPS if the rewards are good. Since I have only a small number of coins, the staking weight may be very small. But still I have big expectations for Veil and small mining rewards can be significant when the coin undergoes a bull run sometime in the future. I have studied Veil over the past few weeks and I am very excited about this coin.

Hey Cheesy

1. i would not use VPS or any other extern ''provider'' what host you wallet files..
2. with 6k coins u have an estimated stake time of 1-2 days for 1 stake.

studio1one

Activity: 1218
Merit: 500

BintexFutures

View Profile
June 09, 2019, 04:18:06 AM

Vinex is currently hosting a trading contest Veil coins where you can earn upto 27k Veil coins.

Check this link for more information.

BINTEX