Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:09:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 74 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] The First Litecoin PPS Pool (litecoinpool.org)  (Read 226804 times)
ssinc

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Hash for Cash!

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 09:45:33 PM

I'm pretty sure the pool is getting DDOS'd as I keep getting notifications that my miners are idle when they seem to be hashing just fine.  Sad

is it only me or the pool lost the half of its hash rate? we are @ 1,468 MH/s, and the LTC network in general has lost almost 3 Gh/s, I think that Mtgox news is doing more damage than good to LTC,.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RockyMtnMiners

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2013, 04:11:25 PM

Could also be a bunch of hashpower switched over to Feathercoin. FTC's profitability has been a good bit higher than LTC's the last few days.
razorfishsl

Activity: 399

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 09:32:41 AM

when the pool payout is set, why does the pool not pay out the full amount in the account?

If I set it to 0.6  it pays out 0.6 and leaves the balance....if i set it to 0.8 it pays out only 0.8 even if there is more in the account...
 do I really have to set it to  0.xxxxxxxxxxxx to get the full payout?

High Quality USB Hubs for Bitcoin miners
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=560003
pooler (OP)

Activity: 838
Merit: 507

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 10:13:34 AM

when the pool payout is set, why does the pool not pay out the full amount in the account?

If I set it to 0.6  it pays out 0.6 and leaves the balance....if i set it to 0.8 it pays out only 0.8 even if there is more in the account...
 do I really have to set it to  0.xxxxxxxxxxxx to get the full payout?

That is actually meant to be a feature.
Automatic payouts are recurring, so the exact amount is not important. What is not paid out by a given automatic payment will be paid out by the next.
Most users are mining 24/7, so there's no point in paying out the exact amount every time the payout threshold is reached, because their balances grow continuously.
The advantage is, of course, that you get payments with nice round numbers, which some people prefer.

If you want a full payout, simply request an instant payout on your payments page.

BTC: 15MRTcUweNVJbhTyH5rq9aeSdyigFrskqE · LTC: LTCPooLqTK1SANSNeTR63GbGwabTKEkuS7
mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 05:50:10 PM

the pool is down for me, my workers are Idle
pooler (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 05:53:39 PM
Last edit: August 17, 2013, 06:44:38 PM by pooler

I'm working to resolve this as soon as possible. Unfortunately this time the attack was done on a pretty large scale.

EDIT: The attack was successfully mitigated, and all systems are back up. Sorry for the inconvenience.

BTC: 15MRTcUweNVJbhTyH5rq9aeSdyigFrskqE · LTC: LTCPooLqTK1SANSNeTR63GbGwabTKEkuS7
mmitech
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 07:04:41 PM

I'm working to resolve this as soon as possible. Unfortunately this time the attack was done on a pretty large scale.

EDIT: The attack was successfully mitigated, and all systems are back up. Sorry for the inconvenience.

keep up the good work Wink
pooler (OP)

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 12:59:58 PM

In the past few weeks I've been working on a rewrite of our poolserver software, redesigning it to take into account all the Stratum-specific optimizations I could think of and to include some new features.
This new design enables lower-latency communication, which should result in even lower stale rates. Preliminary tests have shown a reduction of server-side latency by a factor of 2 to 4.

I have also implemented the "resume" extension to Stratum, which apparently no other pool currently supports. This means that if your Internet connection has a hiccup, the server may still accept any shares that your miners found while disconnected, if they reconnect and submit them within a reasonable time. As simple as this may sound, it is actually tricky to implement, because (unlike getwork) Stratum is not a stateless protocol.

Before deploying this new software to the main pool servers, I'd like to ask miners to beta-test it for some time, so that I can make sure everything works as expected. To this end, I have set up a testing server at testing.litecoinpool.org:3333; you can connect to it in the same way you connect to the other pool servers, and all shares you submit should be credited to your pool account as normal. Keep in mind that I might have to restart the software from time to time to test new code, so very occasional disconnections should be considered normal.
Please report any unexpected behavior you may encounter directly to me via email, PM or in our IRC channel.

mmitech
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 02:19:15 PM

In the past few weeks I've been working on a rewrite of our poolserver software, redesigning it to take into account all the Stratum-specific optimizations I could think of and to include some new features.
This new design enables lower-latency communication, which should result in even lower stale rates. Preliminary tests have shown a reduction of server-side latency by a factor of 2 to 4.

I have also implemented the "resume" extension to Stratum, which apparently no other pool currently supports. This means that if your Internet connection has a hiccup, the server may still accept any shares that your miners found while disconnected, if they reconnect and submit them within a reasonable time. As simple as this may sound, it is actually tricky to implement, because (unlike getwork) Stratum is not a stateless protocol.

Before deploying this new software to the main pool servers, I'd like to ask miners to beta-test it for some time, so that I can make sure everything works as expected. To this end, I have set up a testing server at testing.litecoinpool.org:3333; you can connect to it in the same way you connect to the other pool servers, and all shares you submit should be credited to your pool account as normal. Keep in mind that I might have to restart the software from time to time to test new code, so very occasional disconnections should be considered normal.
Please report any unexpected behavior you may encounter directly to me via email, PM or in our IRC channel.

pooler keep up the good work, Later I will point one of my miners there and see what happens.
CoinBuzz

Activity: 490

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 06:01:57 PM

I am waiting for register here, it's been 3months.

Can you allow me to register?

I also emailed to the applications, but did not get any answer.

Join ASAP: FREE BITCOIN
pooler (OP)

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 06:42:05 PM

It's possible that your email or my reply was caught by a spam filter. Please try sending your application again.

CoinBuzz

Activity: 490

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 07:38:57 PM

It's possible that your email or my reply was caught by a spam filter. Please try sending your application again.

Sent again.

Join ASAP: FREE BITCOIN
pooler (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 05:32:01 PM

I am glad to announce that beta testing of the new poolserver software is complete. I wish to thank all those who helped by mining on our special testing server.

Testing with real-world mining traffic revealed a very pleasant surprise: server-side latency, which according to preliminary tests should have been reduced by a factor of 2 to 4, was actually reduced by a factor of about 10, often making it negligible when compared to network latency.
What this means in practice is that our servers will now be able to handle a much higher number of connections while realizing an even lower stale rate (it was not uncommon for test miners to achieve stale rates lower than 0.1%, even when hundreds of clients were connected to the server).

I will gradually deploy the new software over the next few hours; your miners may experience a brief disconnection, but they should be able to reconnect automatically in a few seconds.

A lot of people have asked me to reopen registrations for the pool in the past few months, and I'm very happy to say that now we finally have an exclusive, scalable solution that will make this possible without sacrificing the quality of our service. Stay tuned! Smiley

forsetifox

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 12:36:53 AM

Thanks for reducing the payout threshold Pooler.

Smiley
juanjan

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 02:33:57 PM

Hi pooler!

Thanks for the invitation and good work!
demonmaestro

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Mining for the hell of it.

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 02:17:20 PM

Ill try to keep this under one thread but i got a little issue. working here.. Using cgminer it says my Kh/s are about 900kh/s BUT on the pools website it says its only at 300KH/s whats up with that and that is after a few hours of running?

Thanks for the help.

Feel Like Donating? bc1q0v5nfdejapffewu67gft7zw7zsmnfmmkt3lf02
Buy/Sell BitCoin & LiteCoin  Click here! | Looking for a great exchange? CoinBase Has you covered.
pooler (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 02:46:36 PM

Using cgminer it says my Kh/s are about 900kh/s BUT on the pools website it says its only at 300KH/s whats up with that and that is after a few hours of running?
From the FAQ:
The pool reports a much lower hash rate than cgminer. What's going on?
If the estimate displayed on the site stays too low for more than 15 minutes, then you are almost certainly experiencing hardware errors.
cgminer checks every solution generated by your GPU, and if one turns out to be incorrect because of hardware errors it (rightfully) doesn't even submit it. Since pools can only estimate your hash rate based on how many solutions you submit in a given amount of time, their estimate will be lower than your real raw hashrate. This raw hashrate, which is correctly displayed by cgminer, is, however, not meaningful if the solutions your card generates are wrong.
You need to make sure that all (not just the top one) of the HW figures in cgminer are zero or next-to-zero; if that's not the case, you need to review your settings. Make sure you carefully read the documentation about scrypt mining provided with cgminer.
You may want to post the settings you are currently using and your GPU model.

demonmaestro

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Mining for the hell of it.

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 03:19:36 PM

From the FAQ:
If the estimate displayed on the site stays too low for more than 15 minutes, then you are almost certainly experiencing hardware errors.
cgminer checks every solution generated by your GPU, and if one turns out to be incorrect because of hardware errors it (rightfully) doesn't even submit it. Since pools can only estimate your hash rate based on how many solutions you submit in a given amount of time, their estimate will be lower than your real raw hashrate. This raw hashrate, which is correctly displayed by cgminer, is, however, not meaningful if the solutions your card generates are wrong.
You need to make sure that all (not just the top one) of the HW figures in cgminer are zero or next-to-zero; if that's not the case, you need to review your settings. Make sure you carefully read the documentation about scrypt mining provided with cgminer.

They are Sapphire HD 7850 - all 3 of them

Feel Like Donating? bc1q0v5nfdejapffewu67gft7zw7zsmnfmmkt3lf02
Buy/Sell BitCoin & LiteCoin  Click here! | Looking for a great exchange? CoinBase Has you covered.
Beaflag VonRathburg

Activity: 472

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 03:27:26 PM

From the FAQ:

https://mycryptocoin.us/downloads/litecoin.jpg

It appears you're actually trying to ignite your GPUs. You need to completely revise your settings to bring the temps and HW errors down.

Pentel

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 04:12:48 PM

It appears you're actually trying to ignite your GPUs. You need to completely revise your settings to bring the temps and HW errors down.

Holy sh*t 101c for GPU 1  Shocked

cross/\'kros/ n: a thing they nail people to. Vircurex - Exchnage
PGP Key
BM-NC5DsQck3UyTHFv3fKCMBprw7BNVHUwH
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 74 »
  Print  

Jump to: