Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:49:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 [237] 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 ... 417 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BCN] Bytecoin. Secure, private, untraceable since 2012  (Read 1070028 times)
cryptrol

Activity: 637
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 04:21:43 PM

Personally I dont see much diff between BTC and BCN. People can compare the distros of the two (BTC's being more transparent) but in every other regard the origins, creators and motives for creating it remain a complete mystery.
Bitcoin was announced on a public mailing list, you can still see the archived message sent by Satoshi. Anyone that was aware of it could have mined bitcoin at launch, and it was announced quite some time before the first software release.
Bitcoin is an open ledger, you can still see where the Satoshi coins are stored and if they move, we can't say the same about the 82% coins mined before public release.
Those two things make quite a difference IMHO.

For me the devs here have already turned water into wine and dont need to prove anything.
The code they have produced speaks for itself.
And you where the one speaking about religion a few threads above ?

What evidence would satisfy you by the way?
One evidence.
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
child_harold

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 04:29:36 PM

Personally I dont see much diff between BTC and BCN. People can compare the distros of the two (BTC's being more transparent) but in every other regard the origins, creators and motives for creating it remain a complete mystery.
Bitcoin was announced on a public mailing list, you can still see the archived message sent by Satoshi. Anyone that was aware of it could have mined bitcoin at launch, and it was announced quite some time before the first software release.
Bitcoin is an open ledger, you can still see where the Satoshi coins are stored and if they move, we can't say the same about the 82% coins mined before public release.
Those two things make quite a difference IMHO.

For me the devs here have already turned water into wine and dont need to prove anything.
The code they have produced speaks for itself.
And you where the one speaking about religion a few threads above ?

What evidence would satisfy you by the way?
One evidence.

- As I said no difference except for a more transparent launch. Satoshi IS a complete mystery and to say we know ALL his addys seems presumptuous. Besides BTC is pseudo-anonymous and Satoshi would risk revealing himself by spending his BTC. If only he could have done things differently…

- The water/wine was tongue-in-cheek cause of previous comments. I'll replace those words with "they did something facking amazing", which they did.

- ONE evidence? Im sorry could you please be specific?
If you think about it it becomes incrediby hard to imagine what that "evidence" could be. Prob the only satisfying thing would be a BTC blcok entry (dated 2012) which would have been ironic anyway since part of BCN's birth represents a rejection of BTC and the direction BTC was going in.

cryptrol

Activity: 637
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 04:55:44 PM

- ONE evidence? Im sorry could you please be specific?
No, this has already been addressed in this thread.
And BTW the people behind this coin have already chosen to stay silent on this topic, so further discussion about this is futile.
rethink-your-strategy

Activity: 173
Merit: 182

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 05:29:10 PM

Fuck me but you're an ignorant nigga. Please don't ever breed. The world needs less fucking retards and you're not helping.

In short BCN have described the origins of BCN stemming from cooperating groups on the darknets. The is coroborated by the Cryptonote Team. Monero asks for evidence and proof which (unsurprisingly to me) are not provided* given the secretive nature/origins/development of this coin. Contrary to Monero thinking the absence of evidence is not (in this case) evidence of absence.

You don't even know if "CryptoNote Team" and "Bytecoin Team" consist of the same one or two people, same way as we don't know if Satoshi Bless-his-heart-nakamoto was one person or multiple. The difference is that the people that can corroborate Bitcoin's launch are a mix of known people, publicly logged sources, and pseudonymous individuals who have been around since long before you started talking shit on Bitcointalk.

BCN have already provided the world's first CN coin and today have the best/most sophisticated implementation of a CN coin available.

Yeah nigga, they provided the reference implementation. That's the only thing they've done well. This new shit they're doing is disinteresting and boring.

And it's ok for a fork to succeed the parent. Here are some examples of projects that were forked, and the people behind the original don't go around bitching about trying to discredit with sockpuppets. Fucking pathetic.

Joomla was forked from Mambo.

X.org was forked from xfree86.

LibreOffice was forked from OpenOffice.

Webkit was forked from KHTML.

OpenBSD was forked from NetBSD.

Maybe most well known, Ubuntu was forked from Debian.

The more you push the more you're going to look like an idiot when investigative reporters start digging, and they find all the dirt on the CryptoNote/Bytecoin scam. Get out now and save yourself, fucker.

Whether you believe or not believe is up to you. But trust me on this - there is no conclusive evidence of wrongdoing.
In the meantime I support this incredible tech. Word.

I thought you were an SDC fan? By your argument Shadow is shit and shouldn't be supported because only Bytecoin is the true flag-holder for this technology. That's what you're saying right? That SDC is shit?

*it is worth pointing out that there is no evidence (save a BTC blockchain entry) that would even satisfy some Monero devs as things stand. It is also worth noting that some Monerians feel BTC is a scam because of Satoshi's disappearance.

This is the part where I know you're a fucking moron. Jesus. Link us to the place where 'Monerians' say that BTC is a scam? But more than that, BTC's history is easy to find with fucking Google.

Satoshi's email from 01/11/2008, before Bitcoin's launch and genesis block: http://www.mail-archive.com/cryptography%40metzdowd.com/msg09959.html

Satoshi's welcome email to the Bitcoin mailing list on SourceForge from 10/12/2008: http://sourceforge.net/p/bitcoin/mailman/bitcoin-list/thread/CHILKAT-MID-90b5da14-69c8-c4cb-d124-e88fbecfafd0%40server123/#msg21033408

Satoshi's email from 09/01/2009, announcing the launch of Bitcoin: http://www.mail-archive.com/cryptography%40metzdowd.com/msg10142.html

Satoshi's post on the P2P Foundation Forum from 11/02/2009: http://p2pfoundation.ning.com/forum/topics/bitcoin-open-source

Bitcoin.org scrape on archive.org from 31/01/2009: https://web.archive.org/web/20090131115053/http://bitcoin.org/

How about you show us some shit like this from the months leading up to Bytecoin's launch and shortly after it? Oh that's right. You can't because it doesn't fucking exist.
TheDasher

Activity: 346
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 06:01:37 PM

beside me question as community, how much users BCN, and there is rich-list?

NO CN coin has a richlist. The distros of every CN coin cannot be established. That's kind of the point, it's anonymous.

Its a premine scam and everyone knows so STFU.
Tash

Activity: 1190
Merit: 305

Pro financial, medical liberty

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 08:37:51 PM

In crypto you have to work in worst case scenario, exspecial if anonymity is involved.
The Darkcoin/Dash 2 million dev mine is a blockchain fact and equals to 2000 masternodes.
Masternode payments so far acound for almost 600 created masternodes from masternods makes the devmine worth 2.6 million to date.
Masternodes makes Dash supposing anonymous.
I have no idea how many total masternodes exist, lets just say 3000. 
So 2600 of 3000 is 86.66% of the mixing is done by instamined coins.
Thats not even worst case as no other whale is taken into consideration to be in cahoots, nor coins purchased or mined after the first day.
Even if only 51% of the premined coins provide the masternodes it is a mathematical certainty that over time 90% or more of the mixing is done by the premined coins as they ever generate more than all others together.
As it stands tomorrow a possible 1380 of the total 1600 masternode payment adds to the early coins.
Dash anon claim is a joke.

Bytecoin has better fundamentals to start with, superior tech and ever better mixing percentages.

child_harold

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 09:09:15 PM
Last edit: August 04, 2015, 09:47:10 PM by child_harold

This new shit they're doing is disinteresting and boring.

So what you doin' here nigga?

No. Theres a diff between "premine scam" and "mined in small circles", which was always the BCN story ffs.

That's what you're saying right? That SDC is shit?

You're a rude idiot. Keep talking, I beg you.

How about you show us some shit like this from the months leading up to Bytecoin's launch and shortly after it? Oh that's right. You can't because it doesn't fucking exist.

archive.org - you trippin? Small groups on the Darknet are there for a reason. Anonymity.

TheDasher

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 09:48:37 PM

This new shit they're doing is disinteresting and boring.

So what you doin' here nigga?

No. Theres a diff between "premine scam" and "mined in small circles", which was always the BCN story ffs.

That's what you're saying right? That SDC is shit?

You're a rude idiot. Keep talking, I beg you.

archive.org - you trippin? Small groups on the Darknet are there for a reason. Anonymity.

Whatever bud, they tried to falsify the history to make it look like its been around for years.  Scam from the start right to the end.
child_harold

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 09:58:01 PM

Whatever bud, they tried to falsify the history to make it look like its been around for years.  Scam from the start right to the end.

The confused dates on the CN papers mean little I'm afraid. It just adds to the confusion which for the sake of anonymity is desirable.

Look - Im entitled to my opinion as much as you are and Im trying to remain gracious in the face of your insults. Back off.

to the end.

hey bud - as far as this kid is concerned this is just the beginning.

tolikkk

Activity: 952

www.pumpmycoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2015, 10:03:14 PM

beside me question as community, how much users BCN, and there is rich-list?

Rich list:

BCN team: 82%+
Everyone else: 18%-
Cheesy  how interest, i think, i to be 19  Cheesy
TheDasher

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 10:18:00 PM

Whatever bud, they tried to falsify the history to make it look like its been around for years.  Scam from the start right to the end.

The confused dates on the CN papers mean little I'm afraid. It just adds to the confusion which for the sake of anonymity is desirable.

Scammy, dishonest behaviour is good for the sake of anonymity?  You find that desirable?  Well then you are in the wrong thread.  You should head over to the DASH comunity.  They worship those sort of quality values over there.

There is no anonymity there, just centralization.  Big, Big Bag Holding!!
child_harold

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 10:32:27 PM

Scammy, dishonest behaviour is good for the sake of anonymity?  You find that desirable?  Well then you are in the wrong thread.  You should head over to the DASH comunity.  They worship those sort of quality values over there.

Oh no, you are quite wrong. The DASH community know me all too well and besides, I'd never be in a club that would have me as a member. Everything about you screams troll and I dont think you're here with open-mind so Im disengaging from you. Bye! Smiley

TheDasher

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 12:08:47 AM

Oh no, you are quite wrong. The DASH community know me all too well and besides, I'd never be in a club that would have me as a member. Everything about you screams troll and I dont think you're here with open-mind so Im disengaging from you. Bye! Smiley

Im here for the benefit of the noobs so they don't get scammed by the likes of you, not to try and persuade you which would be a redundant attempt since you already know the truth behind bytecoin.
child_harold

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 12:38:30 AM

Im here for the benefit of the noobs so they don't get scammed by the likes of you, not to try and persuade you which would be a redundant attempt since you already know the truth behind bytecoin.

Protecting noobs? Come off it mate! You're a troll.

There is no "scam". A group of anonymous guys creates a revolutionary anonymous currency whose specific origins you were never meant to know and you get pissed cause you dont know them? Take your ball and go home.

jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1103

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 01:18:23 AM

Protecting noobs? Come off it mate! You're a troll.

There is no "scam". A group of anonymous guys creates a revolutionary anonymous currency whose specific origins you were never meant to know and you get pissed cause you dont know them? Take your ball and go home.

Lol "confused dates". They were so confused they used software and references that didn't even exist at the time they purportedly produced the document. If you can't see that for the scam that it is, I might have a bridge you would be interested in purchasing...
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 01:18:43 AM

If we weren't meant to know they should stop telling us about the claimed 2012 launch date and the rest of the "secret" [cough, cough] backstory (and more importantly stop telling potential scam victims).

Either prove it or stop using unproven claims to promote it.

As I said earlier, the most honest, accurate, and fair statement to make about the origin of this coin is:

[ANN] [BCN] Bytecoin - 82% mined at public release
wildduck
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 09:16:03 AM

wtf 82%...
child_harold

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 09:34:00 AM
Last edit: August 05, 2015, 10:01:32 AM by child_harold

[ANN] [BCN] Bytecoin. The world's first Cryptonote coin & Monero's Daddy. Brilliant. Controversial. No need to prove anything.

These guys really dont need to prove anything. This tech is a game-changer and has inspired a whole generation of anonymous crypto-currencies.
A group of anonymous guys creates a revolutionary anonymous currency whose specific origins we were never meant to know and some people get pissed cause they dont know them? Ridiculous.

People speak of scams. If they want real scams they need only look at 80% of the coins listed on bittrex. BCN changed the game with its code and crypto. Show some respect imo.

wtf 82%...

It was mined by clandestine mining groups with names like Dante and Hugo on the darknets before entering the public space. I cannot prove it since they have remained silent and anonymous ever since.

I'll admit it's a weird one but then again so is everything to do with BCN. Anonymous in every sense. Take it or leave it, but dont bitch about it.

NASdaq

Activity: 301

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 10:30:19 AM

I'll admit it's a weird one but then again so is everything to do with BCN. Anonymous in every sense. Take it or leave it, but dont bitch about it.

I think the consensus on this forum is to leave BCN well alone but continue warning people. If there wasn't an alternative maybe the issues over the 82% premine would pass in time, but there is, XMR, and its launch was fair and transparent, so I don't think BCN has a chance once the insiders run out of enthusiasm for fake trading. I expect the people behind BCN have lost a lot of time and money by now, and they must be quite pissed off, but they also must realise they've lost this fight by now.

Most crypto true believers understand the risk scams present to cryptos succeeding and gaining widespread use, so the opposition to BCN isn't bitching, and it'll stay committed and relentless FOREVER!!
child_harold

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 11:48:04 AM
Last edit: August 05, 2015, 12:17:09 PM by child_harold

I think the consensus on this forum is to leave BCN well alone but continue warning people. If there wasn't an alternative maybe the issues over the 82% premine would pass in time, but there is, XMR, and its launch was fair and transparent, so I don't think BCN has a chance once the insiders run out of enthusiasm for fake trading. I expect the people behind BCN have lost a lot of time and money by now, and they must be quite pissed off, but they also must realise they've lost this fight by now.

Most crypto true believers understand the risk scams present to cryptos succeeding and gaining widespread use, so the opposition to BCN isn't bitching, and it'll stay committed and relentless FOREVER!!

Have you seen the market cap?

Go to bittrex and witness all the scam clone shitcoins whose devs run off within 2 weeks. Go play crypto-guardian in those threads where you are actually needed. This coin started the revolution and is under active development one year after Monero's launch.

I guess Monero was hoping BCN would keel over and die leaving the runway clear. I guess it phases you that after all your best attempts to derail the project you owe your existence to, BCN is healthy, under active development, has a more polished product than XMR and has a rising market cap. With 3-letter orgs potentially mining the crap out of XMR as we speak (Dude, Where's my Botnet?) I am happy to have the anonymous creators of the first CN coin still in the picture.

Shit… somebody could fork this code today, start a new coin called Dinaro, all cuddly and fluffy like Monero but with a GUI wallet and a more developed codebase (overall a much better product than XMR's). Wait a few months and the fork will be even better. LOL

Now be a good chap, say thanks for the code and go play crypto-guardian in actual shitcoin threads whose holders are about to lose 50% of their investment in the next 6 hours cause some teenager in his mum's basement is about to run off.

Pages: « 1 ... 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 [237] 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 ... 417 »
  Print  

Jump to: