Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:17:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 [251] 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 ... 417 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BCN] Bytecoin. Secure, private, untraceable since 2012  (Read 1070028 times)
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1967

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 12:34:21 AM
Last edit: September 05, 2016, 12:52:41 AM by owlcatz

I have read tons of rage against this coin from Monero community(that accuse of scam every other coin to be honest), but still is unclear why someone claim scam. How can tell this? the fact was announced here years after the launch doesn't mean that was unfairly premined by developer, in addition with few USD you can buy more bytecoin than whatever other "promoted coin" you can hope to mine...
With just 1 USD I have bought more Bytecoin than what XMR or Ethereum i could earn in ten years of mining(and note that I'm follow these altcoins from a long time but unfortunately no way to mine much of them with home pc)... where is the unfair distribution of monetary base?? To me is way more unfair that few big corporate miners insta-pump the value and with tons of computational power provided from bot net and server farms get the control of most of the monetary base since the start and all the others have to pick up the little crumbs or pay a lot of "classic money" to get a hilarious percent of total theoretical monetary base.

I'm not even going to try and answer any or all of that, however, you can start here and draw your own conclusions, much like all of us have long ago (And no, I am not a BCN holder, ever).

Thanks

Edit- BCN and XMR were and are distributed very differently, so it's like comparing rabbit shit to coffee beans IMO

I have already read the linked thread but doesn't proof unfairness of Bytecoin distribution and seems more than a coincidence that every time someone accuse Bytecoin of scam put always Monero name. Seems some promotional strategy to stole Bytecoin technology and grab success at expense of this coin.

The fact are the follow:
- We don't know who is Amin Juarez other developer and who hell own the many mined BCN,
- we don't know in the same way who hell own the most Monero too
- we know the name of who has forked bytecoin to create Monero, but this is a pretty useless information to determine the fairness of distribution
- currently most Bytecoin are already mined
- at this time Monero total supply is still far lower mined.

No doubt would be useful know how distributed is the monetary supply but the fact is that we don't know this for none of these coins, premine and avoid premining but get the control of the mined coin with large amount of computational power far greater that the daily transaction needs for verification can both cause unfair distribution centralizing the supply in different ways but with same result and risks. So in terms of "fairness of distribution" could be equally both fair or both scam.
But grab an y% of the monetary supply for everyone of us is order of magnitude easier for Bytecoin than Monero, and both have the same supply limit.

So there is no rational reason to consider BCN unfair an XMR fair, I see only unfair accusation from people that have copy-pasted most of the code with a better promotional campaign to the people that bring us some new technology improvement to cryptocurrency world and this to me is sadly unfair.

What is unfair again?

The fact are the follow:
- We don't know who is Amin Juarez other developer and who hell own the many mined BCN,
- we don't know in the same way who hell own the most Monero too
- we know the name of who has forked bytecoin to create Monero, but this is a pretty useless information to determine the fairness of distribution
- currently most Bytecoin are already mined
- at this time Monero total supply is still far lower mined.

sounds spot on, you nailed it. Who cares who amin juarez, famous bytecoin scammer? Coin was massive premine - lied about distribution.

Monero is fair, 100%. no premine, devs may have mined it upfront but good for them, that is their option.

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AndreaF

Activity: 59
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 01:36:16 AM

You have ignored my points and continue to promote Monero.

No doubt would be useful know how distributed is the monetary supply but the fact is that we don't know this for none of these coins, premine and avoid premining but get the control of the mined coin with large amount of computational power far greater that the daily transaction needs for verification can both cause unfair distribution centralizing the supply in different ways but with same result and risks. So in terms of "fairness of distribution" could be equally both fair or both scam.
But grab an y% of the monetary supply for everyone of us is order of magnitude easier for Bytecoin than Monero, and both have the same supply limit.

How much Monero you own? Have you mined or bought them? I can tell you I have mined Monero for long time and no way to get a not laughable amount of coin total supply with a powerful home PC, and can get 100000 BCN with a couple of $, for the same amount of Monero that has the same max supply of 184.46 billion coins since the start of the XMR announcement I always needed why more money to get less coin... so why you continue to claim Monero has more fair distribution? More fair for WHO exactly??? For big boys with powerful server farm that can crush all others home miners?? Certainly not for the most of the users.

[url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?top
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1967

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 01:39:43 AM

How much Monero you own? Have you mined or bought them? I can tell you I have mined Monero for long time and no way to get a not laughable amount of coin total supply with a powerful home PC, and can get 100000 BCN with a couple of $, for the same amount of Monero that has the same max supply of 184.46 billion coins since the start of the XMR announcement I always needed why more money to get less coin... so why you continue to claim Monero has more fair distribution? More fair for WHO exactly??? For big boys with powerful server farm that can crush all others home miners?? Certainly not for the most of the users.

LOL. I'm not even going to entertain you with facts and reason. It's late here, and you clearly have a lot of butthurt about monero. Sorry for your BCN scam loss is all I can say, I'm done here. You don't get it apparently.

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 02:17:02 AM
Last edit: September 05, 2016, 11:21:08 AM by smooth

Monero that has the same max supply of 184.46 billion coins since the start of the XMR announcement I always needed why more

Monero does not have the same max supply of 184.46 billion coins, it has 18.446 million, 10000x smaller (plus tail reward)
starmman
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 05:39:04 AM

I've been mining and trading BCN for around 6 months, and am making strong consistent profits. To me it seems like a good coin. If the coin is a scam, the scammer is being very covert and not impacting in a massive way.
AndreaF

Activity: 59
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 09:53:37 AM

LOL. I'm not even going to entertain you with facts and reason. It's late here, and you clearly have a lot of butthurt about monero. Sorry for your BCN scam loss is all I can say, I'm done here. You don't get it apparently.

I own a many different coins and I haven't loss anything with BCN, its value is very stable despite all the FUD of competitor coins and poor promotion, simply I don't like when someone shitstorm others coins with the only purpose to promote its own coins.  Simply you cannot giving any rational reason to justify your claim when someone go deeper about the "facts" and "reasons" supposedly to proof how bad is BCN and how good is XMR. The only bad thing with BCN is the poor promotion campaign compared to Monero.

[url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?top
starmman
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 10:02:13 AM

The fact are the follow:

Not the originators any more. They did a very fair distribution, by dropping the price down to only 2 Sat for every Bytecoin. Some billion of the Bytecoins changed the owner, and some of them are belonging to me now.

IMO the coin has been around for a while and pretty reliable (but not stable - however tends to operate in ranges based on BTC value) I would have expected to see some major dumps a while ago when the price was much higher if a 'scammer' dev still held onto much of the coin. Until now BCN has been once of my better investments, and I also hold XMR, but I'm just as happy with BCN.
kneim
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 10:03:41 AM

The fact are the follow:

Not the originators any more. They did a very fair distribution, by dropping the price down to only 2 Sat for every Bytecoin. Some billion of the Bytecoins changed the owner, and some of them are belonging to me now.

IMO the coin has been around for a while and pretty reliable (but not stable - however tends to operate in ranges based on BTC value) I would have expected to see some major dumps a while ago when the price was much higher if a 'scammer' dev still held onto much of the coin. Until now BCN has been once of my better investments, and I also hold XMR, but I'm just as happy with BCN.

I deleted my post, it was nonsense. There are much more BCN on earth I supposed.

Coins-R-Us

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 06:25:17 AM

Still waiting for an upgraded GUI wallet...

Either that, or a client that will find seed peers.
Can't get that wallet to work.
Do i need to add a configuration file?
starmman
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 06:41:48 AM

Does anybody have an active node list (or at least a link to an active nodelist), I'm sure that will help. Looks like the OP is no longer around - so likely the nodes in the client are not either.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 08:15:42 AM

Does anybody have an active node list (or at least a link to an active nodelist), I'm sure that will help. Looks like the OP is no longer around - so likely the nodes in the client are not either.

I would suggest trying minergate support. They can possibly point you to a working node.
megacrypto

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 10:35:37 PM

trying my own node, got bytecoind running with following conf file:

log-level=3
no-console=no
rpc-bind-ip=127.0.0.1
rpc-bind-port=8081
p2p-bind-ip=0.0.0.0
p2p-bind-port=8080
p2p-external-port=9000
allow-local-ip=yes
hide-my-port=no

starts ok and sync is complete

but when i try mining through simplewallet, u get the following on the daemon :

2016-Sep-20 23:54:06.086209 DEBUG   Incoming connection from 127.0.0.1:54330

and that in the wallet:

2016-Sep-20 23:55:50.175917 ERROR   Error: Failed to invoke rpc method: HTTP status: 1

and i try someting like cpuminer:

Code:
 ./minerd -a cryptonight -o stratum+tcp://127.0.0.1:8081 -u 27mwG2E1iarAgGP7MNQNtqDvocQkn5bzoi7fEc7QYgk8insrBGcMU4ZV3kGc71cpd4NhQ1NWAKyBk3fFC817NgFFSZdjsdj -p x

i get the following:

[2016-09-20 23:56:43] Using JSON-RPC 2.0
[2016-09-20 23:56:43] Starting Stratum on stratum+tcp://127.0.0.1:8081
[2016-09-20 23:56:43] 3 miner threads started, using 'cryptonight' algorithm.

and then it cuts off

any help would be appreciated Smiley

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ZEROSTATEEMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE                                   ● INSTAGRAMFACEBOOK TWITTER