Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 11:39:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 ... 222 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S2 Discussion and Support Thread  (Read 355593 times)
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 08:06:38 PM

Hi Everyone,

We have been working with Bitmain to get a web store set up for customers to purchase their products with cred/debit card and have products shipped from Denver, CO. Check us out, we opened for business today! www.minerstore.com. We have the S2 in stock, ships ASAP from Denver. We also allow picking up in person, and you can pay in person too!

Are the coupon codes you accept bitmains coupon codes? Otherwise it seems like a $740 (inc delivery) penalty to purchase through you. ??

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
wolf_miner
Legendary

Activity: 1018
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 08:08:46 PM

Hi, S2 is quoted in dollars, but i have to pay in dollars or in Bitcoin like S1?

Thanks W_M
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 08:09:05 PM

Hi Everyone,

We have been working with Bitmain to get a web store set up for customers to purchase their products with cred/debit card and have products shipped from Denver, CO. Check us out, we opened for business today! www.minerstore.com. We have the S2 in stock, ships ASAP from Denver. We also allow picking up in person, and you can pay in person too!

Dam, your store is expensive is hell!   Shocked

Ant S1 $325 in your store vs $245 from Bitmain or resellers.  Not good man.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 08:17:40 PM

Hi Everyone,

Not only that, but more expensive than us, and we are also in Denver Tongue

s1lverbox
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1039

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 08:18:39 PM

Hi Everyone,

That's how u making money son..
freebit13

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

I got Satoshi's avatar!

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 08:25:20 PM

Hi, S2 is quoted in dollars, but i have to pay in dollars or in Bitcoin like S1?

Thanks W_M
Bitcoin only...

Decentralize EVERYTHING!
googlemaster1

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 08:25:56 PM

Hi Everyone,

Not only that, but more expensive than us, and we are also in Denver Tongue

For a second I thought someone left Minersource and started their own thing.  Weird stuff man.

BTC: 15565dcUp4LEWe6KYT7tawMHFRL4cBbFGN
Minerstore

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 08:52:36 PM

Hi Guys,

We are currently working to secure a better price on all the products. I too think $325 is too much, however we pay around 5% to accept credit cards and protect our end from fraud and chargebacks. Not to mention overhead costs and etc. Still, I think we could do better with the price. Stay tuned...

@wolf_miner
We accept USD or bitcoins. Whichever works for you.

@Biffa
We are looking into accepting their coupons. It is possible that we can.
Minerstore

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 08:59:06 PM

We have adjusted are prices. Thanks for the feedback and we can get you business.

Thanks
s1lverbox
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 11:43:21 PM

Hi Guys,

We are currently working to secure a better price on all the products. I too think $325 is too much, however we pay around 5% to accept credit cards and protect our end from fraud and chargebacks. Not to mention overhead costs and etc. Still, I think we could do better with the price. Stay tuned...

@wolf_miner
We accept USD or bitcoins. Whichever works for you.

@Biffa
We are looking into accepting their coupons. It is possible that we can.

So you not mining with gear which is in your hands?

If payment in BTC you not subject to 5% credit card charge.
Prices way to high.

Difficult for me to believe in that.
Minerstore

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 12:55:43 AM

@s1lverbox

Hi there,

We are prohibited to use miners that are for resell. That would be bad for business, not to mention unethical. We only sell 100% brand new miners, untouched.

Additionally, if we sold used equipment, you would not get a full 90 day warranty with bitmain unlike certain companies that sell used miners as new, (won't mention names).

As to your second statement, unfortunately according to Colorado law, and the rules set by our credit card processor, we can't "publicly" discriminate the sale price between payment options.

Example - If we charge you less for paying with bitcoin, verses charging you more for using a credit card, then we would loose our card processing and open ourselves
up for a lawsuit.

There is a little loophole to this whole fiasco, and that would be to give a discount to customers who use bitcoin or cash. We are currently working on adding that to our website.

Either way, you don't have to like the our fair prices, or what we offer. Continue using your current channels. We started Miner Store for people who want to buy miners with credit/debit card, or people who want working miners now, not later.
Minerstore

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 12:59:25 AM

Hi Everyone,

Are the coupon codes you accept bitmains coupon codes? Otherwise it seems like a $740 (inc delivery) penalty to purchase through you. ??

Sorry we missed your comment. We are working to accept discounts on the S2 units for a limited time. In the mean time, you are correct, it would be less expensive to purchase direct from bitmain.
s1lverbox
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 01:36:00 AM

@Minerstore

Thanks for clarification.

But first:

We are prohibited to use miners that are for resell. That would be bad for business, not to mention unethical. We only sell 100% brand new miners, untouched

^^^So in other words you not checking against DOA,miners was newer out of the box?How this would be bad for business? You making money when gear is waiting in warehouse to be sold. In other words you have open safe full of money but you not touching it because it wouldn't be right?

Unfortunately you not selling brand new untouched items as all miners was used by bitmain and i will not believe in that you have miners in your hands which was after production packed in boxes and was waiting to be delivered to you.

Second:

Additionally, if we sold used equipment, you would not get a full 90 day warranty with bitmain unlike certain companies that sell used miners as new, (won't mention names).

Do you really think anyone will believe in that? Bitmain is doing this all the time-miners overclocked delivered, dusted, heatsinks broken.
Please explain to me how its possible you have S1 different than me or anyone else who ordering from them directly?How miner which is bought and used and will brake cannot be a subject to warranty-because that's what i see in your post.

And to your last sentence: All asics companys doing same stuff-they mining with gear until they die and become nearly obsolete and then they selling to make profit again to people like us.

BTCtalk is not ebay, most people here are smart and not stupid good luck in finding one who will go for your prices and your golden rules. Maybe someone will believe you not using gear to mine for yourselve.

Just curious: how many S1 have you got in stock?

buckrogers
Legendary

Activity: 2733
Merit: 1181

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 01:41:25 AM

buckrogers do you own gridseed or something?  Your assault on bitmain here while licking gridseed's nutsack is pretty transparent.  Do you think people here can't read?

No quite the contrary, and I hope people here can read and see the real deal, and i think you are refering to GAW miners not gridseed.

I have nothing to do with gridseed or GAW miners , except that i bought some gear from them and have only praised their customer support and been a totally satisfied customer as most if not all Gawminers customers have....forgive me for giving someone props for being different than all the other crooks out there.

Unlike most people here who only compalin about the bad, i also praise the good. Whe some company does right by me whoever they are, then i will give them the respect they deserve, and when someone shits all over me, and sells me crap and wont budge on helping me sort it out, i will say F-U to them and "assault" them as you say.  It would be the same if it was Amazon or Newegg I am not biased, only honest.

I wish I owned Gawminers or even worked there, 1. because I would be rich as hell, and 2. cause then I could say I am part of something different from what seems to be the norm here with these vendors shitting all over their customers.

I've actually said in a bunch of my posts as a discalimer that i do not work for GAW but if they offered me a job i would take it in a heartbeat.

As far as licking nutsacks, Bitmain should be licking ours for giving him free money for crap that doesnt work instead of $400 coupons to buy more crap.

I would have bought the 1TH/s miner from Gaw they now have listed on their site if hey had it available before i bought the S2, as i wanted a 1TH/s miner and Bitmain seemed to have a good reputation, and since I also have 5 - S1 units running solid for a while now, and based on that i figured the product must be good.

I am actually ordering the 1TH/s miner from GAW and im sure if there are any issues with it, they would handle it 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 tiimes better and more proffesionaly than bitmains crapy support. (did i add enough zero's? not sure, i may need some more)

So dont assume you think you know something whe actually you know jack shit.

If you had a company and sold gear to people and everything worked well, or if a problem arose and you went out of your way to help get it resolved I guess I would "lick your nutsack" too.  well probably not, but would definetly say good things about you.

GAW is nothing but a reseller...selling GRIDSEED products so wtf do they have to do with anything?  They also sell bitmain hardware but I guess since you love them soooo much it's OK for them to do it.  Maybe it's you who doesn't know as much as you think you do.

You, my friend, are an idiot Smiley

What in the hell are you even talking about...is english your first language, cause if not , I woud totally understand and let this slide, but it's too much for me not to reply, I cant resist....sorry.

Obviously if you can read, then you havent read anythig I've posted. GAW sells whatever they want , that is none of my business. What they do have to do with "anything" as you so politley say, is that you are accusing me of working for them or gridseed actually , which makes me think you need to cut down on your LSD intake pefore posting here.

By me sucking on someones "nutsack" as you so eliquently put it, I do not suck nutsacks, I am not that desperate..yet Smiley

The point of my post was simply to let your idiotic brain try and understand between acid flashes, that I do not work for any mining company selling any sort of gear, but instead, I praise the ones that do right by their customers, and will bash the ones that dont especially if I am a customer of each.

Plain and simple...nuff said, try and comprehend that beetween your next bong hit Smiley

But make sure your mom doesnt hear you in the basement from upstairs, and give you a time out.

Well I'm dr. spock I'm here to rock y'all
mdopro1

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Double your Personal Bitcoin Funds.

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 02:40:25 AM

sorry not a troll, just an extermely unsatisfied customer..,.and the shady replies i recived from bitmain made me sick to my stomach and almost threw up.  I spent almost $4000 on their batch 1 junk, and I have never dealt with a company like this who treats their customers like shit while selling them defective priducts.

So agian, not a troll, just spreading the word about the shit they are pawning...why are you a fan? did your miner come to you undamaged and working perfectly, cause i know mine didnt, it came in pieces all messed up, and they expected me to figure out how to fix and re-engineer their broken piece of shit....and they dont really care about their custimers or they would have resolved my issue a week ago, instead i have a beatifull pile of crap sitting on my shelf..

and BFL? fu%$k them too they never delivered any products to me...i am just pissed as hell at the stupidity of bitmain.

go call someone else a troll idiot.

My miner came in perfect condition - not a scratch. You're exploding all over the place and all I asked was how to change the password. My miner still hashes. 1 of 10 boards was defective and I had to exchange 3 emails in total to get RMA.

TIP: Try not being angry at customer service because that won't get you anywhere soon. Judging by how you are posting, this is probably how you are emailing too. In the end, they hold the key and if you need support, ask nicely.

New Bitcoin fund doubling platform has launched!
Receive Automated Payment Every 2 Hours
Appealing alternative with Sophisticated algorithms.
https://Btc-Funds.com
Minerstore

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 03:30:08 AM

@Minerstore

Thanks for clarification.

But first:

We are prohibited to use miners that are for resell. That would be bad for business, not to mention unethical. We only sell 100% brand new miners, untouched

^^^So in other words you not checking against DOA,miners was newer out of the box?How this would be bad for business? You making money when gear is waiting in warehouse to be sold. In other words you have open safe full of money but you not touching it because it wouldn't be right?

Unfortunately you not selling brand new untouched items as all miners was used by bitmain and i will not believe in that you have miners in your hands which was after production packed in boxes and was waiting to be delivered to you.

Second:

Do you really think anyone will believe in that? Bitmain is doing this all the time-miners overclocked delivered, dusted, heatsinks broken.
Please explain to me how its possible you have S1 different than me or anyone else who ordering from them directly?How miner which is bought and used and will brake cannot be a subject to warranty-because that's what i see in your post.

And to your last sentence: All asics companys doing same stuff-they mining with gear until they die and become nearly obsolete and then they selling to make profit again to people like us.

BTCtalk is not ebay, most people here are smart and not stupid good luck in finding one who will go for your prices and your golden rules. Maybe someone will believe you not using gear to mine for yourselve.

Just curious: how many S1 have you got in stock?

Hi again,

I really don't have the time to explain how a legit company runs, but I will entertain your last few questions and possibly shed more insight on how we do business. To start off, I do apologize if I misunderstand what you are writing. I am finding it hard to understand a few things you have written. None the less, I think I get the general idea you are trying to portray.

First off, I see that you are trying to twist the meaning of our words. Yes, technically the miners are not "untouched". Any person with a brain should know that any electronics that get manufactured, whether it be a microwave, tv or Antminer, has to go through a series of tests to ensure functionality and etc. Yes, bitmain typically does a 24 hour burn in test on all miners we get. That is typical for any PCB/electronics board manufacture. It weeds our poorly manufactured products from the good ones. This is one way for us to know that miners we sell with work on arrival. Second, we only get palatalized shipments. I have worked years in the shipping industry, and personally can guarantee that shipments on pallets have lower chances of getting damaged then single boxed units. Hence, we trust our shipper. Third, we are not stupid. We obviously have our own mining operation, and any miners that have a damaged box will go into our own mining operation, just in case they are DOA. Its called sample testing (take a few from a batch, test, if test is passed, batch is considered good). Lastly, we rarely have miners just sitting around in boxes ready to ship, hence we are not stupid. This is because we receive a pallet or two per day, and by the end of the day, the miners on the pallets are sold. I would call this, good logistical planning.

Now, for one main point on why we are not dumb enough to user the miners and then sell them (I will give you the short version). We are not Bitmain, we do not have the ability to pay whatever we want per miner. We don't build them, they do and they charge us for ever miner. If you haven't noticed, the Antminers typically drop in price everyday. Some days are stable, some are not. If we used miners and then sold them, it would net us a loss.

Example!- Lets say we have 60 units in stock today and we decide to use them to mine. Great, we would net $300 in BTC. However, lets say bitcoins price drops $10 tomorrow. Bitmain may then also choose to lower their price to 0.5 BTC. If you calculate, that means our hardware would lose $1800 in value over 24 hours. But hey, we made $300 in BTC. You may ask then why we don't just mine them for a month? Here is another interesting fact that may blow your mind. If we pull in one pallet a day (60 units), and we sell 1 pallet a day (60 units), then over one months time, we would have sold 1800 units, and brought in 1800 units. In order to mine units for one month and then sell them, we would have to have 1800 units on hand, mining away. I am not sure if that is a lot to you, but it is a TON to us. Who has that kind of space, electricity, cooling and all??? In the end, instead of just doing whatever the heck sounds good, we choose to actually think it through, pull the numbers and plan things out. This is where our statement of "bad for business" comes into play.

In the end, do your research before accusing.

As for what is in stock, like stated above, we typically have around 60 units rolling in and rolling out.
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 04:23:04 AM

My batch two S2 started frequently powering off a couple of days ago. I replaced the crap Enermax with a Corsair AX1200i that I had running 3 Singles. So far it's been running great. I also got my FrankenJup up to 2.8THs with a little extra work. I'm now enjoying a cocktail in the hot tub. It's been a good day for a change.  Cool
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 04:56:04 AM

My batch two S2 started frequently powering off a couple of days ago. I replaced the crap Enermax with a Corsair AX1200i that I had running 3 Singles. So far it's been running great. I also got my FrankenJup up to 2.8THs with a little extra work. I'm now enjoying a cocktail in the hot tub. It's been a good day for a change.  Cool

if you have 1200W try overclocking - you can proabbly get another 50-100GH without any cooling modifications

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 05:08:39 AM

She's dead Jim.

I had one card throwing X's so I decided to crack open the case and take a look. I had to drill out one fo the screws and bumped the power cord out. (I was planning to leave it on in case I didn't see anything wrong inside and avoid possible reboot SD problems.) Okay, finished opening it, checked the boards. A few needed to be reseated, although I guess it most of them still had some kind of connection because only on board had X's before I opened it up (was hashing around 900). Plug back in and nothing. No fan, no blue screen, just cold and dead. Flip the power switch a few times, unplug and plug a few times. Still dead.

I guess I'll try swapping the PSU?
buckrogers
Legendary

Activity: 2733
Merit: 1181

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 05:31:44 AM

why not thrash around wildly calling everyone idiots...

that should sort everything out.

you may not suck nutsacks but you do indeed suck.

try harder

Actually I only call idiots, idiots, if you have something intellligent to say that makes sense, I am all ears and will treat you with respect. But if you are going to attack me I am not going to sit back and take it.

Oh I suck? oh please dont hurt my feelings, maybe you enjoy overpaying for broken devices, but I surely dont, and if you consider that to mean I suck, then you are truly the sucker here.

And try harder? whats that? try harder not to suck? maybe you can teach me, since you are so gung ho about bitmain and his "sucky" S2.

I shouldnt need to try at anything hard or soft or anywhere in between, I am the paying customer, bitmain is the one who needs to "try harder".

I'm just giving my point of view on the shit I recieved in the mail thats all....there shouldnt have to be anything to try harder at...that was a weird comment. Unless you mean try harder not to tell the truth and lie and say all is fine and dandy with these miners, maybe for bitmain it is, but not for a majority of the "try harder suckers" on here as you call them.

Well I'm dr. spock I'm here to rock y'all
Pages: « 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 ... 222 »
  Print  

Jump to: