Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 02:38:23 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 494 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source  (Read 748200 times)
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 11:07:09 AM

I purchased a maximum round 1 eXocoin stake of 1.5 bitcoins that is held in escrow with anon136.

I would like to swap this for an equivalent value of Qora coins with someone who bought a stake in the Qora IPO.

My eXocoin stake is ~221925.5676 coins

I would prefer to swap with someone who used escrow for the Qora IPO, but if you are a trusted long-term forum user that would be OK

Please make an offer

Here are the eXocoin IPO details: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=430467.0

I think both coins are very promising but I am more interested in Qora because it is 100% POS. eXocoin distribution is 50% mined over 6 months.

My market thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=595001.msg6534464#msg6534464

Why not diversify? Unless you know whether what's said about Qora and BCNext is true  Tongue

What do we know by know about Qora?  Smiley

1. He says "can not" instead of "cannot".
2. He doesn't worry about nice logo, website, even open topic look.
3. He doesn't spend a lot of time on the forum, but coding instead. He even missed IPO closing! So he's super focused on the code.
4. He is Europian.
5. He invented new POS algorithm.
6. He's working on anonymous transactions.
7. He postponed IPO because he didn't want to have the same problem that Nxt has.
8. Both Qora and Nxt have great names. Qora sounds awesome, Nxt was the right name for the first 2nd gen coin. So equally great.
9. He never denied he's not the same person.

Does it sound like BCNext? Kind of  Smiley I mean he might be not him. But the pattern is the same. Which means we stick around right coin.

wezelvis

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 11:12:29 AM

I purchased a maximum round 1 eXocoin stake of 1.5 bitcoins that is held in escrow with anon136.

I would like to swap this for an equivalent value of Qora coins with someone who bought a stake in the Qora IPO.

I would prefer to swap with someone who used escrow for the Qora IPO, but if you are a trusted long-term forum user that would be OK

Please make an offer

Here are the eXocoin IPO details: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=430467.0

I think both coins are very promising but I am more interested in Qora because it is 100% POS. eXocoin distribution is 50% mined over 6 months.

My market thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=595001.msg6534464#msg6534464

Why not diversify? Unless you know whether what's said about Qora and BCNext is true  Tongue

Exactly! I'm hoping there might be somebody who missed out on eXo but took a big plunge on Qora. That guy might want to diversify and do a swap with me for some of their Qora stake.

eXo had a limit of 1.5 btc, but Qora didn't, so a Qora IPO whale without any eXo might want to hedge their bets a little and swap with me.

I'm open to any calculations on how to value eXo against Qora. Both look good prospects really.

I hope a swap might be appealing to somebody.

I suspect Qora could suffer from some 'distribution criticism' similar to NXT that eXo will avoid with 6 months of quick fire CPU mining. That should spread eXo around better, but as I'm not going to mine it, I'd like to go with Qora.
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 11:23:13 AM

Please make an offer

Why not diversify? Unless you know whether what's said about Qora and BCNext is true  Tongue

Exactly! I'm hoping there might be somebody who missed out on eXo but took a big plunge on Qora. That guy might want to diversify and do a swap with me for some of their Qora stake.

eXo had a limit of 1.5 btc, but Qora didn't, so a Qora IPO whale without any eXo might want to hedge their bets a little and swap with me.

I'm open to any calculations on how to value eXo against Qora. Both look good prospects really.

I suspect Qora could suffer from some 'distribution criticism' similar to NXT that eXo will avoid with 6 months of quick fire CPU mining. That should spread eXo around better, but as I'm not going to mine it, I'd like to go with Qora.

Your 1.5 eXo stake is 221'926 coins which is 0.22% of all coins
1.5 Btc stake in Qora is 117'000'000 which is 1.17% of all coins

So I'd say weight of eXo investment to Qora investment is 0.19 so what you actually can count on is 0.282 Btc investment in Qora for your 1.5 Btc invesment in eXo.

salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 11:27:43 AM
Last edit: May 04, 2014, 11:54:00 AM by salsacz

3. He doesn't spend a lot of time on the forum, but coding instead. He even missed IPO closing! So he's super focused on the code.
4. He is Europian.
7. He postponed IPO because he didn't want to have the same problem that Nxt has.
8. Both Qora and Nxt have great names. Qora sounds awesome, Nxt was the right name for the first 2nd gen coin. So equally great.

Does it sound like BCNext? Kind of  Smiley I mean he might be not him. But the pattern is the same. Which means we stick around right coin.

There is even more Cheesy
- BCNext finished coding on Nxt and 1 month later - there was a Qora
- BCNext's original hero account (my guess) was again abandoned and few weeks later - there was a Qora

and for the distribution - mining is lame, it is better to have IPO whales who can easily provide bounties for marketing Cheesy
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 11:38:08 AM

4. He is Europian.

There is even more Cheesy
- BCNext finished coding on Nxt and 1 month later - there was a Qora
- BCNext's original hero account (my guess) was again abandoned and 2 weeks later - there was a Qora

and for the distribution - mining is lame, it is better to have IPO whales who can easily provide bounties for marketing Cheesy

Omg, salsacz, please tell me you're one of those whales  Smiley Or one of stakeholders anyway. We desperately need people like you in Qora.

salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 11:56:20 AM

I am very poor in real life.

But after I sold half or my NAS coins that I received for a video for 0.5 Btc, I invested in 4 IPOs (4 x 0.1). And qora is one of them
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 12:05:47 PM

But after I sold half or my NAS coins that I received for a video for 0.5 Btc, I invested in 4 IPOs (4 x 0.1). And qora is one of them

So you're on board, that's great. Let's wait for launch and then put some thoughts into marketing strategy. I'll pledge coins for marketing fund for sure. Hope I won't be the only one.

nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 12:33:27 PM

Please make an offer

Why not diversify? Unless you know whether what's said about Qora and BCNext is true  Tongue

I'm concerned about that. Firstly it doesn't deserve that criticism as it was completely open and even extended. Absolutely no sock puppet nonsense with people able to make multiple accounts just a simple get what you put in percentage of the whole. Plus the amount was quite a bit in the end, 128 BTC is not a small amount and so those that put hard BTC down (mostly without escrow) took a risk and even we all thought we had invested in a scam for a while. The only problem I saw is that there are so many scams around and other coins like Exocoin doing similar things then this IPO was just one of many a while back.

I also think we need to give those outside the IPO a chance at buying in so an exchange needs to be set up and people shown that they will have a window of time to get some at reasonable prices. This is why I hope we do get on an exchange and not a bunch of crap ones relatively quickly.

I say this cause there WILL come a group of haters, you can guarantee it. They will be bitter people who missed the IPO or people who are pushing other coins or just miners who blindly just hate POS as a default. Many however were simply trying to crash the price for their own benefit we saw that alot with NXT with many games played on the exchanges.

So as a community we have to defend this inevitable attack and be prepared for it. Personally confident ignoring of attacks is better that meeting it with more attacks or even trying to hard to respond with education. Quiet confidence wins in the end.

nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 12:36:15 PM

I hope you do well. People like to think those who make money in crypto are all rich scumbags but many I imagine would normally never get this kind of wealth opportunity.
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 01:13:44 PM

I say this cause there WILL come a group of haters, you can guarantee it.

Funny thing. Hyunsookmom posted fud on the forum and I've decided to check his profile and his posts. He had lots of posts like "scamcoin!!!", "shitcoin!!!". That's how I found out about Qora Smiley That's what he wrote about it: "This is the most blatant scam I've seen on this forum.". There were only a couple of days remaining till the end of IPO and I was lucky enough to invest. So thanks to the troll I'm here, and now he's trying to buy someone's stake for x3 price. Of course with no result, coz Qora is brilliant.

cawson

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 01:23:17 PM

QPo3ZcFMk5HuN3E5WS5Cb5124AMe2NLhzD

Who can give me some qora to test.
cawson

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 01:35:21 PM

How can I replace the seeds and change the password?
wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 02:31:22 PM

Funny thing. Hyunsookmom posted fud on the forum and I've decided to check his profile and his posts. He had lots of posts like "scamcoin!!!", "shitcoin!!!". That's how I found out about Qora Smiley That's what he wrote about it: "This is the most blatant scam I've seen on this forum.". There were only a couple of days remaining till the end of IPO and I was lucky enough to invest. So thanks to the troll I'm here, and now he's trying to buy someone's stake for x3 price. Of course with no result, coz Qora is brilliant.

x3? Noone would sell Qora for less than x20

It could also go to x2000, being much better than NXT

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
trl55238

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 02:35:10 PM

need money? changed your mind? I'll buy your stake. Just PM me with an offer.
hyunsookmom

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

Kamehameha!!!

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 03:19:08 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2014, 03:42:29 PM by hyunsookmom

I was only a hater when the IPO looked dodgy as hell. I'm actually now a cautious semi supporter. Only stupid people don't change their view when new information is made available.

Dude we had every reason not to trust this IPO, made early excuses for the Escrow, showed no whitepaper etc. Others have made lists of what to look for in a scam and Qora pretty much ticked all of them. Once he offered a decent Escrow I simply told people to use it, which they hardly did. This could of so easily gone another direction.

So I was wrong on this one its pretty decent I admit it but in the past I have been right probably 80% of the time in regard to calling scams out so. I'll buy in when it hits an exchange. I prefer the control of buying early than the risk of IPO's now anyway. Just like NXT we will have time to buy as much as we want at a decent price. Plus Qora still has a lot to prove. I mean doing all those functions with a new code from one guy. Dude I know enough about Crypto that you got to be pretty talented to do that. Exocoin is also interesting but its tons of people, and honestly a bit messy in its delivery so far, but ill be watching both to see..

jy02434480

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 03:36:02 PM

How can I get my coins? by seed or any other ways?

footballcoin:FtUvfzPdv4qRxRPqwnKRB1dwm6cGLRhnn8
TheSmurfsCoin: TmKbijfkoQrNaetP69UWtLtZRN471MATqs
JKBtCn

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 03:45:05 PM

If I did not confirm your transaction please pm me with your transaction so I can confirm it.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=522102.msg6272159#msg6272159

People that used escrow need to contact me to provide proof of their transaction. More information about this under escrow.

PM sent....please confirm

Edit: almost back out of my escrow last week. From what it sounds like, glad I stayed in  Cool

NXT-XFAH-7N9C-6AS6-B3GLZ                BTC: 1MMzqYNNqQMMhY524Z9ThuQrRQW2whCmGk
NHZ: 8709719431783299770                 QORA | 2ND GEN | NEW SOURCE CODE | Qi24ssRqmEo3Wepv9pgdmqNuTDKQByiEfd
mangodream

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 08:15:33 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2014, 08:39:53 PM by mangodream

saras_wati2014

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 08:26:59 PM

why do you think Qora is better than NXT?
wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 08:46:00 PM

why do you think Qora is better than NXT?

for many reasons, the first is that it is tested thoroughly before release, thus no more weekly client updates..

also better distribution, didn't close IPO in a hurry.

but most of all.. the most simplistic and user friendly wallet ever, which does perfectly its job, and we are finally able to introduce all people to Qora (even my aunt could use it)

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 494 »
  Print  

Jump to: