Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:27:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 [193] 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 ... 494 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source  (Read 748200 times)
TheMightyX

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 09:36:27 PM

You only invested to sell, a temporary investment is in essence a loan, you put up money and were loaned the coins which you intend to sell for a profit. You've given out money, with the intention of having that money returned to you with a lot of interest.

Thats pretty much the definition of a loan. What you call it doesn't matter and whether the wiki talks about property or loans is irrelevant.

ROFLMAO!!!   Grin Grin Grin

NOW YOU'RE JUST MAKING UP SHIT AS YOU GO!!!!!   Kiss Kiss Kiss

Please point out what was wrong with my statement instead of just making off the cuff remarks like an asshat.

A loan:
putting up money and expecting that money back at a later date with interest.

Investing in an IPO:
Putting up money and expecting more than that amount back (because you would never invest in something that you don't expect to atleast make your money back).

Again....

This is 1:1 the same beginning and result.

What you call these specific vehicles is irrelevant. The mechanics are the same. Please don't argue with me about business, you will lose.

edit: just to reiterate the point, you don't invest in an IPO because you believe in the project or you want to see it flourish, all you need to do to help a protocol flourish is use it. You invest in an IPO because you see an opportunity to make money. This is the same motivation and same cost-risk analysis if you were considering a loan.
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 09:40:38 PM

TheMighty, are you really as stupid or just trolling?

2nd gen coin with original source should have a cap close to top 5 coins. ROI doesn't matter at all. All that matters is Qora characteristics.

dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 09:48:39 PM

Back to business!

I've just had a conversation with qora. Here's a plan.

We'll have an open source project for Qora official website.

Design is done. It might be slightly changed based on new circumstances, but at the moment we can start with this one.

Full size

What do we need

We need a developer who are ready to volunteer and knows how to make it open source. Probably using GitHub.

We need to choose CMS. Wordpress?

ivanlabrie

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 09:48:56 PM

IPO a.k.a. initial public offering is NOT a loan per se...this is a waste of time.
Please ignore this fella and move on.

dzarmush: I'll contact a dev I know, he might be able to help relatively quick.
TheMightyX

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 09:53:11 PM

TheMighty, are you really as stupid or just trolling?

2nd gen coin with original source should have a cap close to top 5 coins. ROI doesn't matter at all. All that matters is Qora characteristics.
Why would you call me stupid, have you not even read what I'm saying or maybe you just don't understand?

Characteristics don't detirmine 100% of the price. We know that not to be the case. As many things with much better features and utility do not end up on top.

Case-in-Point Bitcoin, the #1 crypto has shitty features, is inherently insecure and is massively slow.

Counterparty, with its revolutionary utility and features isn't even in top 10.

and so on.

There are many factors which go into determining price. Characteristics, Features, Utility are very very important (and for fucks sake I'm not saying they aren't). What I am saying is that Risk analysis is also one of these factors and for ANY of you to disagree with that fact is ludicrous (and just goes to prove your bias).

Tell me again why just having the best features is all you need to be #1 again?
It doesn't work like that in the business world, in the marketing world, product world, you name it. Certainly not in the Crypto world. If it did, all the shitcoins would be worthless and just the top handful of innovative coins would have value.

It's obvious I am an idiot because I'm wasting time thinking about my answers while most of you are just presenting knee-jerk reactions in a subconscious effort to preserving your silently agreed upon projected wealth.

Agreeing with any outside point of view might weaken the resolve of some members to sell for less than 70 and therefor hurt your own profits. Better keep that hivemind in check.  Lips sealed
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 09:56:12 PM

It's obvious I am an idiot

No argue on that

megashira1
Legendary

Activity: 1146

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 09:57:54 PM

Back to business!

Design is done. It might be slightly changed based on new circumstances, but at the moment we can start with this one.

Full size

What do we need

We need a developer who are ready to volunteer and knows how to make it open source. Probably using GitHub.

Layout looks nice except for the top header. Two logos one on top of the other is redundant and diminishes the intrigue of the awesome 3d logo.

dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 09:58:34 PM

IPO a.k.a. initial public offering is NOT a loan per se...this is a waste of time.
Please ignore this fella and move on.

dzarmush: I'll contact a dev I know, he might be able to help relatively quick.

If he's not one of Qora investors he might not interested in participation. It's better to have someone who cares about Qora success. But if for some reason he'd be willing to collaborate that would be great.

PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 09:59:58 PM

It's obvious I am an idiot because I'm wasting time thinking about my answers while most of you are just presenting knee-jerk reactions in a subconscious effort to preserving your silently agreed upon projected wealth.

Agreeing with any outside point of view might weaken the resolve of some members to sell for less than 70 and therefor hurt your own profits. Better keep that hivemind in check.  Lips sealed

Welcome to my Ignore List!   Grin

+1

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 10:00:52 PM

Back to business!

http://f6.s.qip.ru/FK151xaO.png

Full size

What do we need

Layout looks nice except for the top header. Two logos one on top of the other is redundant and diminishes the impact of the awesome 3d logo.

I wanted to have several banners in the header and it's just on of them, so it's not like there will only be this image forever.

dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 10:02:36 PM

To potential website dev.

I follow the thread day and night but for a super quick respond it's better to PM me.

TheMightyX

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 10:06:23 PM

To ignore someone because they have a differing opinion from your own shows some pretty low ethics.

Maybe what some of you guys don't understand is what you call an IPO is not an IPO.

Buying into an IPO gives you part ownership in a company, buying into a crypto IPO gives you coins, not ownership.

a crypto IPO is nothing more than a presale.

A presale of coins you intend to sell at a later date.

Mechanics-wise, this is the same as buying a bond or loaning.

I can't make that any simpler.
For anyone to actually read that and somehow fool themselves into not agreeing with that is pretty sad and shows they are not interested in listening to any differing opinions than their own.
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 10:08:30 PM
Last edit: May 29, 2014, 10:37:54 PM by dzarmush

You think that coin market cap should depend on IPO results — you're welcome to create a new thread.

We're working on development here, so gtfo.

dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 10:14:43 PM

To potential website dev.

I follow the thread day and night but for a super quick respond it's better to PM me.

Hey...  are we paying him/her from the already gathered funds?   Undecided

Let me know if I need to send any QORA.

Ideally we need one of Qora stakeholders for the job. He will be much more motivated than someone who just gets money for it.

If we won't be able to find such guy, we'll pay from the marketing fund.

PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 10:16:38 PM

To ignore someone because they have a differing opinion from your own shows some pretty low ethics.

Maybe what some of you guys don't understand is what you call an IPO is not an IPO.

Buying into an IPO gives you part ownership in a company, buying into a crypto IPO gives you coins, not ownership.

For anyone to actually read that and somehow fool themselves into not agreeing with that is pretty sad and shows they are not interested in listening to any differing opinions than their own.

I see where you are coming from, but it's not really a loan. It is a sale, a transfer of asset with a pre-order system. When you go to the mall to trade your USD for Euros you are just buying Euros for $.

Also, a loan implies an agreement that this will be paid back. Qora signed no such promissory note against the "IPO" funds. He basically provided a pre-order system trading one asset (BTC) for another asset (Qora).

Please can we stop the Ad hominem attacks? There really is no need for the name calling and insults. It really hurts the signal to noise ratio.
TheMightyX

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 10:41:49 PM

I see where you are coming from, but it's not really a loan. It is a sale, a transfer of asset with a pre-order system. When you go to the mall to trade your USD for Euros you are just buying Euros for $.

Also, a loan implies an agreement that this will be paid back. Qora signed no such promissory note against the "IPO" funds. He basically provided a pre-order system trading one asset (BTC) for another asset (Qora).

Please can we stop the Ad hominem attacks? There really is no need for the name calling and insults. It really hurts the signal to noise ratio.

It's nice to see someone actually absorbed what I said and the gears in their brain are actually turning to produce a response.

You are mostly right. But I didn't say buying into an IPO is a loan, I did say that mechanically they are the same. I guess maybe I needed to be more specific and say a "crypto IPO"? You are correct in that in essence it is a sale in its most basic sense. But this sale is made with the intention of returning these coins to the market. Correct?

No one ever buys cryptocoins with the intention of never selling them, ever. I think we can agree on that.
If you buy into cryptocoins with the intention of selling them at a later point, again, I stand by what I said, that is the same as loan. You are "loaning" your money to the market or an investor with the intention of making that money back with interest in the future. Whether your funds go to one party (developer) and are returned through another (market) makes no difference in this argument.

It has the same risks as a loan; the person you are loaning the money to may flee the country, waste it or otherwise die. The same could be said for cryptocurrency. You may invest into a cryptocurrency with the intention of selling it for more later and the market could tank. This would be the same result as if you loaned the money and the person you loaned it to died. They both started the same and both ended the same.

For example you may think investing in a mutual fund is completely different than loaning money to a borrower, because a mutual fund through a bank is a safe investment, whereas loaning money to someone is inherently risky. This is incorrect. They both have the same risks. With the loan you are betting that the person can and will pay you back. When you invest with a bank you are still betting that that bank won't go bankrupt or won't mismanage your funds. The risk is greatly (by magnitudes) reduced, but it is still there.
Look at the royal bank of Scotland, they just lost 46 Billion of taxpayers money this past year.

You are definitely right that a loan has an explicit agreement that it will be paid back. I would counter that a crypto IPO has an "implied agreement" that it will be worth MORE than the IPO price. Hence the being paid back part of the loan conjecture.

So when people say investing in an IPO is different than a loan its not really true. A loan IS an investment. They are just financial instruments accomplishing the same thing.

I feel like we are pretty far off topic though.
The hivemind is strong in this thread.

dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:00:01 PM

Back to business!

Full size

What do we need

twistelaar
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:02:29 PM

Back to business!

Full size

What do we need

Really nice design Dzarmush! Also really nice the work and effort you put into Qora and the community, thank you Smiley
Secondleo

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:05:12 PM

Welcome to my Ignore List!   Grin

Edit:  Why is something telling me that Secondleo might be Nxt?!?   Roll Eyes

Your unfoolable seventsh sense and my Sig I assume.

I'm in NXT, Qora and a couple of others. Voicing a reasonable opinion without trolling seems to make me a perceived attacker. I'm not going to argue here, as it seems pretty senseless getting a normal reflected opinion in this thread.

This has some upsides of course. On the long run it will most likely drive talented people away from this thread and coin. And the starting bonus can only go for so long.

I wonder if Qora alone can live up to all expectations in time.

NXT has a whole team of developers, as has EXO and ethereum. Skycoin is around the corner and who looks closely will find at least two more project worth mentioning (both of them with only a single dev though, but they both move into uncharted market niches)

Qora is in direct competition with NXT. I wonder which will finally prevail. A lot of people here will say it is Qora. Which is possible, but objectively unlikely.
Secondleo

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:07:34 PM

Back to business!

Full size

What do we need

Well, a lot of people here have a lot of Qora. You know the concept of bounties?
That will surely help a lot.

In any case, all major stakeholders should go and communicate about bounties. Hoping people will just jump in here and do a lot of work will surely not work out so well, given the combination of distribution and tone in the thread.
Pages: « 1 ... 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 [193] 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 ... 494 »
  Print  

Jump to: