Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 08:31:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 [301] 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 ... 494 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source  (Read 748203 times)
MyCoinTeam

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 07:00:06 AM

the price of qora is not very nice now!

Free Distribution 50,000,000 VPNCOIN !!!Vpg6i1AyXPkkKJVYShqeH9MgaizMjUgmGf
devphp

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 07:01:42 AM

To be fair to the troll it is a bit underwhelming on here.

I am confused daily why the vol on Polinex is like 5-10 BTC while coins like Monero have like 400BTC vol?

In case of Monero, external resources are poured in a form of mining.
And this acts as a downward pressure in price. That can explain a greater volume on exchanges.
On the other hand, Qora has no external resource to be poured, and the only way to get Qora is to directly buy it on the exchange.
This makes Qora so easy to be high in price, without the need to struggle against dumping by a lot of miners!
I think this is a major advantage of 100% proof-of-stake coins.
Yes, miner is asshole Grin

Dumping by miners or dumping by original stakeholders. Which is better? Hmmm... let me think about it Smiley
chris.capossela

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 07:02:49 AM

I am confused daily why the vol on Polinex is like 5-10 BTC while coins like Monero have like 400BTC vol?

And this acts as a downward pressure in price. That can explain a greater volume on exchanges.
On the other hand, Qora has no external resource to be poured, and the only way to get Qora is to directly buy it on the exchange.
This makes Qora so easy to be high in price, without the need to struggle against dumping by a lot of miners!

Possibly. So many people quoted my comment like it was some attack on Qora. I was just saying vol is so low for such a great coin. Price had nothing to do with it, just wondered why people were't rushing to buy yet.

Can we stop the idea the distribution is bad myth?  http://coinia.net/qora/blockexplorer.php?top=100

That is better distribution than NXT or even Bitcoin.

one of the big holders is probably an exchange too. Maybe the distribution is too good, maybe we need a whale to sell Qora. The price is very stable now, never goes below 50 sats.

One point Qora misses is a solid white paper of its security model I think.
Without it, we cannot discuss about possible attacks and defenses.
If Bitcoin did not have the white paper, maybe I was not here on bitcointalk and didn't pay atttention or become interested in it.
gorillajam

Activity: 98

win

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 07:26:19 AM

@Dzarmush.

What do you think about starting a thread to remind people to vote/update wallet before 25 June and generally boast about the fact Qora has the first functioning proper user defined voting system in crypto, even before NXT! Its actually big news and also the 25th June update will get lost on this thread as many users don't look in here I expect.

A nice OP with Logo etc?

See no reasons for not doing it. As more threads as better )

Just to make clear I was suggesting you do it.  Cheesy

I can easily start one myself but I wont do a visually good job plus your name has more credibility than mine as my name is shit on this forum since I attacked a couple of scams.

iaminitnow06

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 07:29:25 AM

@Dzarmush.

What do you think about starting a thread to remind people to vote/update wallet before 25 June and generally boast about the fact Qora has the first functioning proper user defined voting system in crypto, even before NXT! Its actually big news and also the 25th June update will get lost on this thread as many users don't look in here I expect.

A nice OP with Logo etc?

Just to make clear I was suggesting you do it.  Cheesy

I can easily start one myself but I wont do a visually good job plus your name has more credibility than mine as my name is shit on this forum since I attacked a couple of scams.

+1. Dzarmush should start the new thread. I think it will good exposure to this coin because of the new hot voting system.

NEM(NEW ECONOMY MOVEMENT) - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654845.0 | http://forum.nemcoin.com/ | http://altnemo.com/
NBOCOW-D45UHF-A7CJUX-HK7PD3-KUEXEP-PMECIZ-BJFP
gorillajam

win

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 07:31:35 AM

Possibly. So many people quoted my comment like it was some attack on Qora. I was just saying vol is so low for such a great coin. Price had nothing to do with it, just wondered why people were't rushing to buy yet.

Can we stop the idea the distribution is bad myth?  http://coinia.net/qora/blockexplorer.php?top=100

That is better distribution than NXT or even Bitcoin.

one of the big holders is probably an exchange too. Maybe the distribution is too good, maybe we need a whale to sell Qora. The price is very stable now, never goes below 50 sats.

One point Qora misses is a solid white paper of its security model I think.
Without it, we cannot discuss about possible attacks and defenses.
If Bitcoin did not have the white paper, maybe I was not here on bitcointalk and didn't pay atttention or become interested in it.

Its coming very soon on the website. I hope they actually do a real PDF link with the info. people are dogmatic, thay want to see a 'Whitepaper' not just the information of a whitepaper.  Roll Eyes

dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 07:41:30 AM

@Dzarmush.

A nice OP with Logo etc?

...your name has more credibility than mine...

I think that's exactly the reason for you (or someone else) to start a new thread Smiley I've been posting so much that some people actually started to think that I'm a Qora speakerman of something like that, although I'm just a guy with lots of free time and desire to see Qora successful.

We need more active people.

gorillajam

win

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 07:43:36 AM

@Dzarmush.

A nice OP with Logo etc?

...your name has more credibility than mine...

I think that's exactly the reason for you (or someone else) to start a new thread Smiley I've been posting so much that some people actually started to think that I'm a Qora speakerman of something like that, although I'm just a guy with lots of free time and desire to see Qora successful.

We need more active people.

Definitely someone else.  Grin

Ok so where are all the people that said we have to do more marketing etc in the last few pages.  Cheesy

You could do it under a sockpuppet Dzarmush.  Wink

devphp

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 07:46:48 AM

Ok so where are all the people that said we have to do more marketing etc in the last few pages.  Cheesy

No marketing, one (talented) dev and a lot of get-rich-quick types waiting for the price of Qora to magically jump up without them lifting a finger for it to happen. Perfect storm if you ask me Grin
gorillajam

win

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 07:49:40 AM

Ok so where are all the people that said we have to do more marketing etc in the last few pages.  Cheesy

No marketing, one (talented) dev and a lot of get-rich-quick types waiting for the price of Qora to magically jump up without them lifting a finger for it to happen. Perfect storm if you ask me Grin

I know, will we ever reach the heights of credibility and quality of NEM or Dogecoin! One can only dream. (sarcasm)

Why i bother answering you I don't know, I guess fro any listeners. BUT the Developer has actually said he doesn't intend to focus on marketing until all the functions of the coin are done. So technically official marketing is yet to start we are in development stage. The marketing that is being talked about is really from individuals who want to spread the word a bit. All we are talking about is telling people what has been achieved in terms of development. Which is pretty powerful actually.

First voting system in a crypto, first move advantage! We should be shouting from the rooftops!

you want get rich quick try a shitcoin clone like crypt, Silkcoin, etc.

Qora is a get rich slow coin. Grin

devphp

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 07:55:34 AM

I know

Well, if you know, do something! Wink
Like start selling coins cheaper, start buying name aliases on the alias exchange, at least those with reasonable price tags.
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 07:56:08 AM

I know, will we ever reach the heights of credibility and quality of NEM or Dogecoin! One can only dream. (sarcasm)

He's actually got the point. He didn't say anything about Qora, only about initial stakeholders. For now there's only one person who did significant amount of work - Agran.

devphp

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 07:56:43 AM

Why i bother answering you I don't know

Because you like to? Smiley
iaminitnow06

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 08:04:16 AM

If you guys dont mind then I can start a new thread about the new voting system in qora. Please suggest on what should be the content. Again it's upto you, as i am new to BTT. Infact, I am totally new to the whole crypto-currency thing Cry

NEM(NEW ECONOMY MOVEMENT) - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654845.0 | http://forum.nemcoin.com/ | http://altnemo.com/
NBOCOW-D45UHF-A7CJUX-HK7PD3-KUEXEP-PMECIZ-BJFP
gorillajam

win

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 08:04:59 AM

He's actually got the point. He didn't say anything about Qora, only about initial stakeholders. For now there's only one person who did significant amount of work - Agran.

I partially agree. I think Qora holding back offical marketing has left us a bit in a grey zone plus we aren't involved in development like NXT had.

I actually think its not just about active community doing stuff its the lack of cheerleading!!!

Most threads have loads of blah blah coin to the moon etc! Most activity on threads is hype and discussion on price. Almost no discussion on price here. I did my bit by simply talking about Qora on other threads but almost no one came to back me up so I look like some scam pumper rather than passionate user.

We got to at least get excited about unique features like voting! Starting a thread will take 5 minutes. I will if no one else does, but another name on it sure would be better.

dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 08:08:51 AM

I partially agree. I think Qora holding back offical marketing has left us a bit in a grey zone plus we aren't involved in development like NXT had.

I actually think its not just about active community doing stuff its the lack of cheerleading!!!

Most threads have loads of blah blah coin to the moon etc! Most activity on threads is hype and discussion on price. Almost no discussion on price here. I did my bit by simply talking about Qora on other threads but almost no one came to back me up so I look like some scam pumper rather than passionate user.

We got to at least get excited about unique features like voting! Starting a thread will take 5 minutes. I will if no one else does, but another name on it sure would be better.

Some of your posts actually look pretty glaringly. You can't post things like: "you better start buying Qora before it's too late" in Nxt and other important for us coins threads.

gorillajam

win

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 08:18:40 AM

Some of your posts actually look pretty glaringly. You can't post things like: "you better start buying Qora before it's too late" in Nxt and other important for us coins threads.

I got tired of people saying they had never heard of Qora. I decided stiring things up and getting people talking was better than being almost unheard of. Sometimes a sledgehammer is needed. Actually I've been defending NXT along the way if you read what I have posted.

I'm just one guy, I end up looking like some ambassador also for Qora cause no one else is talking about it. I should be just one passionate user among another 130 stakeholders. I am fully aware i'm not being subtle, but sadly even trolls are informing people about this coin more than average stakeholder.

In fact I found when I started threads and people started arguing with me, the vol jumped up. Little bit arrogant but at least people were talking about Qora.

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/there-is-no-such-thing-as-bad-publicity.html

devphp

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 08:24:35 AM

I got tired of people saying they had never heard of Qora. I decided stiring things up and getting people talking was better than being almost unheard of. Sometimes a sledgehammer is needed. Actually I've been defending NXT along the way if you read what I have posted.

I'm just one guy, I end up looking like some ambassador also for Qora cause no one else is talking about it. I should be just one passionate user among another 130 stakeholders. I am fully aware i'm not being subtle, but sadly even trolls are informing people about this coin more than average stakeholder.

Here is what I'll tell you.
Original stakeholders don't have a lot of interest to do the leg work, because they got their coins so cheap they already cashed out their original investment, they won't lose anything now even if Qora's price doesn't go up. They are not good marketers for Qora.

The best marketer for a coin is a person who purchased the coin at market price. That coin becomes his vested interest and he works his ass off to promote it.

Hence, your goal is to get more people on board so that more people have vested interest in promoting Qora. How do you do that? I've been telling you a few times - sell at cheaper prices, the price will later recover if the technology is good, but then Qora will have more people on its side who do the leg work promoting it, because they have vested interest. Some of you guys will call me a troll for suggesting to sell at a lower price. I don't care. You think logically and you will know I am right.
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 08:29:57 AM

In fact I found when I started threads and people started arguing with me, the vol jumped up. Little bit arrogant but at least people were talking about Qora.

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/there-is-no-such-thing-as-bad-publicity.html

I'm not saying it's bad. But there's a room for some improvements Smiley Especially if someone from us posts in 2nd gen coins threads. It's much easier to talk to people invested in POS coins coz they're fine with POS and limited number of initial stakeholders. It's almost impossible to deal with POW fanatics so we need to have good relations among other POS coins.

devphp

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 08:31:54 AM

I'm not saying it's bad. But there's a room for some improvements Smiley Especially if someone from us posts in 2nd gen coins threads. It's much easier to talk to people invested in POS coins coz they're fine with POS and limited number of initial stakeholders. It's almost impossible to deal with POW fanatics so we need to have good relations among other POS coins.

Exactly! So your best bet is to sell at NXT AE at lower prices and promote Qora in NXT threads and nxtforum.org even. There is an alternative currencies subforum there. PoS communities must unite! Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 [301] 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 ... 494 »
  Print  

Jump to: